Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Haunting

Reelybored

I really like this show but it bothers me when they do these re-enactments that portray the use of video camera, tape recorders, digital cameras, etc. that allegedly captures evidence, yet they never use the real evidence, only the "re-enacted" evidence. never quite understood that.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reelybored

• Stormcrow

• _Only

• sinewave

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither have I. That's probably one of the things that lead to it getting canceled.

I really like this show but it bothers me when they do these re-enactments that portray the use of video camera, tape recorders, digital cameras, etc. that allegedly captures evidence, yet they never use the real evidence, only the "re-enacted" evidence. never quite understood that.

Though I have only seen it a few times and never all the way through, I've wondered the same thing. I would guess the producers were going for a more polished look and want to avoid the "reality TV" feel. I don't like reenactments because there is more freedom to manipulate the facts.

Though I have only seen it a few times and never all the way through, I've wondered the same thing. I would guess the producers were going for a more polished look and want to avoid the "reality TV" feel. I don't like reenactments because there is more freedom to manipulate the facts.

exactly! that's my problem with re-enactments, however, some of the stories were quite interesting. I would think that the so-called evidenced gathered in some of these stories would help to "validate" (I put quotations only because it is TV after-all) these claims... guess not.

exactly! that's my problem with re-enactments, however, some of the stories were quite interesting. I would think that the so-called evidenced gathered in some of these stories would help to "validate" (I put quotations only because it is TV after-all) these claims... guess not.

Should real evidence ever emerge it will likely not come from a TV show.

They're not looking to show any proof or leaving things open to studying. It's just a ghost story show. Like the ones your grandpa used to tell around the campfire.

Too bad they always wind up being demons, and the priest has to be called to bless or exorcise the place. I'd like to see just a normal episode of A Haunting, where something bad DOESN'T happen.

Well all of the stories are actually heresy if you think about it. I mean they are just stories and not based on any actual proof.

I love watching the show- but then again I love hearing ghost stories. I think A Haunting is a FUN show but not to be confused with a paranormal investigative show :)

I used to enjoy watching that show, but got tired of the strong Christian overtones and apparent lack of critical thinking displayed in practically every episode. One time Lorraine Warren came on and claimed that an small anomaly in a photo was evidence of "a high level demon".

Edited by Cybele

I used to enjoy watching that show, but got tired of the strong Christian overtones and apparent lack of critical thinking displayed in practically every episode. One time Lorraine Warren came on and claimed that an small anomaly in a photo was evidence of "a high level demon".

I don't think there has been 1 case the Warrens were called to where they didn't claim whatever it was was a demon (not even joking).

I thought the show made T.A.P.S. aka ghost hunters look like days of our lives!

I understand what you mean by everything being connected with demons.

I've thought the same thing, I think the programme on Sallie's ghost is a prime example. The fact they use the actual people involved in the haunting makes it not make sense - if you're using the people involved, use the evidence involved.

My little nephew (12) and I had a nice long argument over this show. I was watching it because there wasn't anything else on worth watching. He was watching it and FREAKING OUT because he was convinced that all of this was real footage and the real people and real demons (It's never just a damn GHOST on A Haunting, it's always a demon,) and he argued with me for forty minutes before they finally showed the REAL woman who'd been 'possessed by a high-level demon,' and she didn't look a damn thing like the actress playing her. XD

I guess demons are all the rage these days! seriously though, i used to enjoy this show and i still do on some level, but don't take too much stock in it. some of it is over-sensationalized and enjoy it for the ghost stories, or rather, the demon stories. once Lorraine is involved, there is no doubt that there is a demon close by.

And yes, if using real people, why not use real evidence. i guess, in the end, its all about entertainment.