Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John Titor and the LHC

stevemagegod

Okay guys for those who dont no about John Titor he is time traveler from the 2036. One of Titor's earliest assertions was that CERN would discover the basis for time travel sometime around 2001, with the creation of miniature black holes about half a year after his departure. This did not occur. An article occurring generally around the time he had predicted about miniature black holes being created by CERN (a recurring theme, also ascribed to Fermilab and Brookhaven at various times[13]) was taken by some to be evidence of this claim; but these events did not occur either. It has been a year since the LHC has become fully operational but with the new article "A particle God doesn’t want us to discover"suggests that the LHC is sabotaging itself from the future some how. It has been a couple of years since titor made his predictions but CERN suggested Time Travel.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• stevemagegod

• Michael J Jackson

• maximaldecimal

Firstly, John Titor was not DEFINITELY a time traveller, perhaps you should rephrase your quesion to "Okay guys for those who dont no about John Titor, he claimed to be a time traveler from the 2036",he claimed to be, but after all, ANYONE can claim to be ANYTHING on the internet. I could claim to be Barack Obama, but would you believe me? Of course not, so why should we believe someone with such claims? I am not saying John Titor was a fraud, just that his allegations were questionable. No offense is intended towards anyone who may believe he was authentic.

Secondly, I've heard speculation that CERN may have become aware, by some means, of John Titor, and his claims that the LHC would evenetually lead to mankind discovering a method of time travel, and the science that made it possible. This is after all SPECULATION, and allow me to emphasize this.

John Titor was a very suspicios character, and his claims seemed, and now seem to be to outlandish to take seriously. Whilst I have only very limited knowledge on John Titor, and I am in no way in a position to comment on his claims, I have enough background knowledge to comment on the man.

Note: In future, please use appropriate grammar, I am in 9th Grade, and the standard of writing I see on a daily basis is sad, UM is like a rufuge from the rubbish at my school. Oh, and before you try to sound smart by copying and pasting a wikipedia page, remove the notations. :)

:alien: Nick :alien:

Edited by Nick.J.95

Note: In future, please use appropriate grammar, I am in 9th Grade, and the standard of writing I see on a daily basis is sad, UM is like a rufuge from the rubbish at my school. Oh, and before you try to sound smart by copying and pasting a wikipedia page, remove the notations. :)

Note:

4e. Spelling and grammar: Do not criticise other members on their spelling, grammar or punctuation.
Edited by SupeRgirl

Note:

That's somewhat hard when their sentence is hardly understandable (which isn't the case here, I understand, but sometimes it is)

Perhaps UM needs to review their guidelines? After all, we're all reasonably intelligent people, and we should use english appropriately, and further more I wasn't critisizing stevemagegod, I was giving him some advice on how to be a valued member of the UM forums...

Anyway, back to the issue at hand (I wouldn't want to interupt), perhaps if you need to know more about Mr Titor, and his allegations involving the LHC visit - here. This page has some particularly relevant information on the LHC and John Titor relationship.

:alien: Nick :alien:

Edited by Nick.J.95

That's somewhat hard when their sentence is hardly understandable (which isn't the case here, I understand, but sometimes it is)

Perhaps UM needs to review their guidelines? After all, we're all reasonably intelligent people, and we should use english appropriately, and further more I wasn't critisizing stevemagegod, I was giving him some advice on how to be a valued member of the UM forums...

Actually, UM is a global community. Members, visitors and readers come from various backgrounds and ages. You need to bear in mind that English is not everyone's first language here.

Making a point of someone's spelling or grammar is not considered a constructive thing to do either. It's a lowly tactic often employed to pick at a person.

Now i think enough time has been spent on this - Back to the topic, thanks.

[ I am in 9th Grade] Your in the 9th dude i am a Senior(12th Grade) in high school.

[ANYONE can claim to be ANYTHING on the internet.] Good Point

O and the issue about my spelling grammer about this post i was at school(during my free period :w00t: ) when i was writing this post on UM forum

and was distracted so i didn't really get a chance to organize my thoughts better.

IDK why but John Titor's story always struck me as having a certain level of credibility to it. Nothing I can argue for or against just a strange gut feeling.

I've read just about everything possible by and about him. If it is a scam then it was a well thought out one. The fact that he repeatedly mentioned the differing time lines seemed to me to be a watermark of sorts. To me it means he either was telling the truth or he figured out how he could get away with not having any predictions come true.

I am still extremely skeptical when I think with my brain, but as I said above something in my gut says this story has some truth to it.

As a wise man said (Questionmark) you would have to build a LHC that could propel a car not a couple particles ;)

I believe the extended terms of service put in a stipulation about using proper grammer, but it was preceeded by the stipulation quoted above. I myself was using tweets for a minute before I ended up reading the whole thing. The edit function comes in handy too. As for the original post the fact that John Titor chose to start his commentary would have altered the events he speculated about. If he was indeed from the past. I think he himself included a variable in his account. I quoted it on another thread. I also think that if there were such announcements they would not be apparent as having anything to do with time travel. The things that were obseved could be seen in a purely phisical way and not connected to a theory of spacetime. So even if he was right it may be nothing big enough to point to time travel only scientific observation.

Side note (I feel old).

Edited by maximaldecimal

• 1 month later...

Titor must be real, I heard it on coast to coast.............:D

As a wise man said (Questionmark) you would have to build a LHC that could propel a car not a couple particles ;)

or...bypass the LHC altogether and go flux capacitor instead. :yes:

Edited by SpiderCyde

IDK why but John Titor's story always struck me as having a certain level of credibility to it. Nothing I can argue for or against just a strange gut feeling.

I've read just about everything possible by and about him. If it is a scam then it was a well thought out one. The fact that he repeatedly mentioned the differing time lines seemed to me to be a watermark of sorts. To me it means he either was telling the truth or he figured out how he could get away with not having any predictions come true.

I am still extremely skeptical when I think with my brain, but as I said above something in my gut says this story has some truth to it.

Well the fact that he said there would be civil war in the US 5 years and his claims are generally ridiculous means that really, he has no credibility at all.

Steve,

Here's some fun points to consider.

Everything used as points of predictions, were already in the mainstream news.

Not one of his predictions have ever come true.

What is the weight of a just one singularity? (Remember, there were two) Hint: more than the largest pyramid

What is the temperature put out due to Hawking Radiation of just 1 singularity?

The Golden 3% divergence automatically slayed the hoax from the beginning.

The "Time Out Bug" had a working patch in 64bit more than a few years ago.

WHO owns the copyright to the book?

WHAT is the address of the copyright holder?

WHY would Larry Haber not let Titor's *cough*cough* "mother" speak on the air?

Who is Larry Haber? What does Larry Haber do for a living? What were Haber's addresses?

Where in Florida?

How close to that is Disneyland?

Follow the money.

Oh! Oh! Is his posts still in the archive here?