Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aquarian Messiah - AntiChrist or Great Savior

Lovelynice

Stumbled upon an interesting blog article while looking for 1960s style "Age of Aquarius" artwork. Now, I've already read elsewhere some Christian fundamentalists claiming that a "messiah" of the Aquarian Age would be some kind of Satanist Anti-Christ promoting homosexuality, while New Agers usually talk about humanitarianism and everyone jumping to a new stage in evolution.

I think also that there's little difference between a more powerful, enlightened, awakened prophet/"great teacher" than a "messiah" or saviour" since these sort of people are founders of great religions and their opponents in the other related religious sects will never agree that the "messiah" was anything more than another "great teacher"/prophet anyway. Respected and accepted as that, but not seen as some "holy son of the God(s)" and the one-and-only.

The writer of that article has a good point in that humanity has an annoying tendency to corrupt the teachings, which would give a good rationale for saying there's prophets/great teachers needing to appear more than once.

Which way do you lean in opinion on the subject?

What would this new prophet/messiah be like? What would you expect?

Please be polite in debate, I want decently expressed opinions not insults and silliness.

(I honestly would've posted on this site earlier, but somehow lost the bookmark link)

Stumbled upon an interesting blog article while looking for 1960s style "Age of Aquarius" artwork. Now, I've already read elsewhere some Christian fundamentalists claiming that a "messiah" of the Aquarian Age would be some kind of Satanist Anti-Christ promoting homosexuality, while New Agers usually talk about humanitarianism and everyone jumping to a new stage in evolution.

I think also that there's little difference between a more powerful, enlightened, awakened prophet/"great teacher" than a "messiah" or saviour" since these sort of people are founders of great religions and their opponents in the other related religious sects will never agree that the "messiah" was anything more than another "great teacher"/prophet anyway. Respected and accepted as that, but not seen as some "holy son of the God(s)" and the one-and-only.

The writer of that article has a good point in that humanity has an annoying tendency to corrupt the teachings, which would give a good rationale for saying there's prophets/great teachers needing to appear more than once.

Please be polite in debate, I want decently expressed opinions not insults and silliness.

(I honestly would've posted on this site earlier, but somehow lost the bookmark link)

you have some interesting questions....i am a believe in Jesus Christ and all these questions are answered in the Book of Revelation....

i believe that Jesus is the messiah and He will return again to rule the earth...He will have some prophets who will arrive ahead of Him, especially noted are the two who will be in jerusalem....a real prophet will tell you he is a messanger and not Jesus....

man, for the most part, corrupts everything he touches and the Word of God seems to be a really attractive target...but study the word for your self and pray for guidance, you will find the truth...

imo...new age has watered down the Word of God and the teachings of Jesus to make it more accaptable...just like some versions of christianity...this is why you must study the Word and learn the nature of God so you can see what is not correct...imo, Jesus is the one and only way to the Father...

randomhit10

• Like 3

you have some interesting questions....i am a believe in Jesus Christ and all these questions are answered in the Book of Revelation....

Hmm, I've read the Book of Revelation many times, and no it doesn't seem to answer the questions very well at all, it's fuzzy, unclear, crowded with more antique mystical symbolism than I can cope with. There are peices which appear to fit, some in admittedly startling ways, but others that obscurely coded to the point of being almost gibberish.

I think that many people prefer a bit more clarity, and less obscure symbolism.

I've honestly continued to struggle to decipher it's relevance, but it's too antique.

i believe that Jesus is the messiah and He will return again to rule the earth...

In a new version perhaps? As a water-bearer messiah, maybe?

It's interesting to me that other offshoots of Abrahamic religion don't agree that Jesus was the messiah, but consider him to be only a prophet or "great teacher". They're still waiting for what they would call a legitimate messiah.

He will have some prophets who will arrive ahead of Him,

Perhaps then, this "Aquarian Messiah" is really just an "Aquarian Prophet" then, and I don't mean in the Nostradamus or Edgar Cayce mold.

especially noted are the two who will be in jerusalem.

Would they be "Aquarian Prophets" then?

It would fit to have two, by the way, as doubleness is a significant feature of scripture that is supposed to be a sign from God. It usually is a 2-that's-really-a-3 kind of doubleness, with a 3rd part not so obvious immediately, but apparent when examined.

Also, is it Jerusalem in the literal sense or in the symbolic sense?

a real prophet will tell you he is a messenger and not Jesus....

I agree with this not for the exact reason you give, but because it would seem be essential to the pattern that a real "great prophet" would be a pathmaker preparing the way for the messiah-to-come rather than glorifying themselves as being the last-and-only-one.

To claim that everything is finalised, and the final truth has been given, would be to ignore the strong tendency of humanity to fall from the path and corrupt the Word that is given.

man, for the most part, corrupts everything he touches and the Word of God seems to be a really attractive target...

he/she - don't be too chauvinistic or one-sided.

You're correct about that error-prone habit. It happens with all religions eventually, and some of that is just "Chinese Whispers" through the centuries, although a great deal of it is deliberate manipulation motivated by greed and politics.

.but study the word for your self and pray for guidance, you will find the truth..

But the problem there is that relying only upon that advice will eventually become ineffective as a way of maintaining a religion's truth, because the advice itself will not be taken by everyone, will be pushed aside by others for their own reasons, and if the religion's organisations become too dominated by those who want to keep power over the beliefs more strictly to their own interpretation, they'll discourage people from trusting their own judgement - or worse, learn how to trick them about what the answers to their prayers are. It happened in the past, and it will keep happening.

imo...new age has watered down the Word of God and the teachings of Jesus to make it more accaptable.

Or in some cases, distorted it entirely away from original intent for the service of some charismatic leader or manipulator or "other things". I'm personally very suspicious of channelling because it follows within the same paradigm that those "guardian spirits" aren't always going to be as of good intent, or as wise, as they feign to be. Too many of the "lords" have ancient Babylonian names of demons, for example, just with a modern re-modelling and very slight name change.

..just like some versions of christianity..

That reminds me of the mention in the linked article about the purpose of this "Aquarian Messiah" or "Aquarian Prophet" would be to smash a few of those delusions and mistaken traditions.

The problem being that maybe it's our own beliefs which are the delusions, not the ones we criticise, and it will be very hard for many to accept that even if it's proven true in a way that makes it very difficult to argue against or deny.

..this is why you must study the Word

And that's where the problem of "Chinese Whispers" comes back. There are many versions of the Bible, they can't all be right.

...and learn the nature of God so you can see what is not correct..

Which is very difficult to do if we're being fed the wrong version of the Word because over two thousand years a whole big bunch of schismatic sects have appeared, and they can't agree on the specifics of what the Word is.

..imo, Jesus is the one and only way to the Father...

I wonder though, how exactly do we know that Jesus actually said that? There is no actual Book of Jesus in the Bible. Everything is a "He Said" by someone else, but not Jesus.

There are "lost books", and there was censorship and attacks on those opinions which dissented against the different regimes of the early Christian church, some of it in very unfair and unreasonable ways that continue controversy about them centuries later.

How can we be sure that we're getting the full truth?

Edited by Lovelynice

Good thing to remember, worship no man, especially if they are born in our current, modern time. I bow to no one, no man, nor woman. For me to worship anyone claiming to be God, or the Son of God, I need to see some huge feats in order to believe it. Dying 2000 years ago, resurrecting, then returning with a host of angelic entities in order to punish the wicked and setup a celestial utopia on Earth is one thing. It has been prophesied in many different sources and texts. Any modern messiah, antichrist, or enlightened individual is a sham, and not to be taken seriously. Sure a modern "messiah" could pull off similar feats, but the fact still remains, they are modern, born in our time, they aren't God, or anything even close to "God". When you speak of God, you speak of unparalleled omnipotence, something no modern man will ever have.

Edited by SpiderCyde

I wonder though, how exactly do we know that Jesus actually said that? There is no actual Book of Jesus in the Bible. Everything is a "He Said" by someone else, but not Jesus.

There are "lost books", and there was censorship and attacks on those opinions which dissented against the different regimes of the early Christian church, some of it in very unfair and unreasonable ways that continue controversy about them centuries later.

Have to wait and see if he shows up sooner or later I guess. If he does, we'll know its the real deal, if he doesn't, then draw your own conclusions.

Good thing to remember, worship no man, especially if they are born in our current, modern time.

But what if they aren't saying "Worship me", but instead saying "Pray to God"?

I don't think modern or not makes any real difference.

I bow to no one, no man, nor woman.

Including your employer? ;)

For me to worship anyone claiming to be God, or the Son of God, I need to see some huge feats in order to believe it.

But what if they don't claim to be the "Son of God" or "God"?

I'm not sure that Jesus really said that he was either.

I need to see some huge feats in order to believe it. Dying 2000 years ago, resurrecting, then returning with a host of angelic entities in order to punish the wicked and setup a celestial utopia on Earth is one thing.

Then we have the problem of proving that this person is the same one who died 2,000 years ago. As for the rest, waving a magic wand and instantly turning the world into a Utopia would be wiping out freewill entirely, and would be pretty much destroying humanity. It would be a false utopia, a prison instead.

It has been prophesied in many different sources and texts.

True, though the form of the "Great teacher" is not quite the same, the general descriptions tend to be similar.

Any modern messiah, antichrist, or enlightened individual is a sham, and not to be taken seriously.

I don't see how simply being of the modern era would preclude the individual in question from being a legitimate enlightened Prophet or Great teacher or Messiah. Whether modern or not, should make no difference whatsoever.

Sure a modern "messiah" could pull off similar feats, but the fact still remains, they are modern, born in our time, they aren't God, or anything even close to "God".

And what if they don't claim to be "God"?

When you speak of God, you speak of unparalleled omnipotence, something no modern man will ever have.

True, but that doesn't exclude the possibility of some "Great teacher" appearing and showing a better way of doing things, a better way of living, and teaching of further steps to improve things in a dramatic way. If we ignore everything that some such individual says, just because they are of the 21st Century, we could easily be missing out on a real opportunity to learn and improve. I don't see that such individuals should only be considered important after they're dead and buried for a thousand years, because if everyone though that way in every era, then society would never improve.

Good thing to remember, worship no man, especially if they are born in our current, modern time. I bow to no one, no man, nor woman. For me to worship anyone claiming to be God, or the Son of God, I need to see some huge feats in order to believe it.

I don't think modern or not makes any real difference.

I think it should be just the opposite. The stories surrounding Jesus are thousands of years old and have had plenty of time to be horrible perverted and 'elaborated upon'. If someone were to claim messiah or God status in the present day, at least you could test their claims and get your own impression as to the character of the person, not just through some far removed sources.

Edited by Cybele

I think it should be just the opposite. The stories surrounding Jesus are thousands of years old and have had plenty of time to be horrible perverted and 'elaborated upon'. If someone were to claim messiah or God status in the present day, at least you could test their claims and get your own impression as to the character of the person, not just through some far removed sources.

The same goes for prophets.

On the other hand, since it's more easily checked and verifiable, that would also mean that they'd have a bigger and faster influence on society. It also means that they're more likely to be hunted/killed by those who prefer to protect the current power structure and their own rule.

I think it's clearer now why there could be two Aquarian Messiahs/Prophets/"Great Teachers", one false and saying just what the ruling establishment would like, with plentiful public media attention....the other who is true being hidden and avoiding any big show of "Look at me" - because they'd kill him if they could.

Edited by Lovelynice

There is only one truth, Christian and Aquarian alike, they are not opposites, rather maybe they are more like stages, one upgrade to the other, the fact is there were charlatans and those who would do evil under a Piscean banner and there will be those who will do the same under an Aquarian one.

A prophet who appeared with Aquarian ideals does not necessarily mean they are true or false just as much as those who have professed to be Christian prophets. No matter how popular a prophet can get, even if accepted by the world, if false in the end their true face would be revealed.

It is true Christians are expecting their messiah to return in the sky to conquer and destroy a false prophet or the Antichrist. So if a world messiah appeared on the scene, Piscean or Aquarian, it is most likely most Christians would not accept them.

Most likely we'd throw anyone claiming to be a prophet or messiah in the nut hut. I would question what great teaching anyone could offer that has already been taught. People know these things already, but it's not always what we choose to do when greed and control takes priority.

• Like 1

There is only one truth, Christian and Aquarian alike,

By Aquarian, are you referring to New Age? Because there are a huge number of conflicts between New Age beliefs and Christian beliefs.

If you're referring to what a real Aquarian "great teacher" would bring, we have the likely conflict that not everything taught would be in agreement with current modern Christianity.

they are not opposites,

Maybe they aren't supposed to be, but there are bound to be disputes and contradictions between what a real Aquarian "great teacher" would teach and what current modern Christianity says.

rather maybe they are more like stages, one upgrade to the other,

An upgrade usually implies that the previous version has things wrong with it.

the fact is there were charlatans and those who would do evil under a Piscean banner and there will be those who will do the same under an Aquarian one.

Without any doubt, unfortunately.

A prophet who appeared with Aquarian ideals does not necessarily mean they are true or false just as much as those who have professed to be Christian prophets. No matter how popular a prophet can get, even if accepted by the world, if false in the end their true face would be revealed.

Somehow, I don't think that it would be all that easy. I've been considering that if it is as John Croino predicts, then the test for discerning the True Prophet from the False Prophet will be a very spiritual one. It will be a conflict between what people have come to believe/accept because of what they were taught, versus what their own inner spiritual sense will tell them. Those who feel the spirit and trust those inner feelings will know which is the truth, but it's very difficult for people to change their beliefs if they've been raised their entire lives with those beliefs and too many people don't listen to their own spirit. We live in a very materialistic age.

It is true Christians are expecting their messiah to return in the sky to conquer and destroy a false prophet or the Antichrist. So if a world messiah appeared on the scene, Piscean or Aquarian, it is most likely most Christians would not accept them.

Yes. Sadly, that would be true. They're expecting a war-like messiah because of what's in Revelations which was written decades after Jesus was gone, and because historically that's what rulers and the churches in the service of those rulers have encouraged people to believe in order to convince Christians into going to war. But Jesus was anything but war-like.

Edited by Lovelynice
  • Like 1

Most likely we'd throw anyone claiming to be a prophet or messiah in the nut hut.

And if the governments and powerful traditional religious organisations fear them, they'll try to get the prophet/messiah killed.

I would question what great teaching anyone could offer that has already been taught. People know these things already, but it's not always what we choose to do when greed and control takes priority.

How much of what we have already been taught is wrong because of "Chinese Whispers" over the past two thousand years? How much is wrong due to propaganda, mistranslation, and intentional alteration?

My thoughts on this, as a non-christian, is that the messiah (some call this one the dark messiah) has the potential to be for good or for bad; he exists in the seeming "moral vacuum" which angels and demons inhabit; being above human morality and laws. Like nature; a disease can be considered evil because it kills indescrimately and kills the old and the young, the weak; but it is simply not subject to our rules.

So, how we view this being and influence him will decide which "role" he will fulfil.

Better way to put it; like human beings have the option and the choice to be good or evil; all beings have the potential to be good or evil. Or to be percieved as good or evil according to our understanding of the terms.

I'm not a beleiver in messiahs or saviours (we need to do these things for ourselves and not rely on any external source or being) but I am concerned that, should I be wrong, how the world would recieve a man of Jesus' nature in modern times?

And if the governments and powerful traditional religious organisations fear them, they'll try to get the prophet/messiah killed.

No doubt.

How much of what we have already been taught is wrong because of "Chinese Whispers" over the past two thousand years? How much is wrong due to propaganda, mistranslation, and intentional alteration?

I think people are going to have to work that out on their own. I think we are growing past messiahs and prophets and have lots of information at our fingertips now and it's up to us to do something with it. I'd say it's graduation time now, and it's on us now to progress past having someone hold our hand leading the way.

• Like 1

By Aquarian, are you referring to New Age? Because there are a huge number of conflicts between New Age beliefs and Christian beliefs.

Perhaps that is what you have been taught and what most Christians might actually believe but the differences are not that great, in fact the New Age draws from many sources, Christianity being one, and Christianity is not the only Piscean movement either.

What many have been taught is that Christianity is somehow antiquated, wrong, needs to be replaced, etc....while the New Age is the 'right way'.

That right there is a trap that defeats the true New Age where all are accepted, there will be no wars, it will be through love and understanding, and someone who is so enlightened understands that if they know more they will not judge or condemn one who knows less, that is their life experience, their journey, and it should be understood all world religions and spiritual movements have arisen because there have been a need for them, they filled a purpose, and when society is ready to move on, it will, without having to condemn those who have not yet been able to upgrade, many simply cannot emotionally or intellectually afford to make the upgrade, some though within Christianity are making it.

The fact is if we are going to sit here and wait for dueling messiahs we have already lost, all we can do is simply accept what will be, whatever it is, and allow everyone to follow their true heart and spirit, even if it leads us to different places, only by accepting each other will we all return to our rightful place at the table of humanity.

An upgrade usually implies that the previous version has things wrong with it.

Not necessarily. It just means that is what was worked with the available technology. Tribal mentalities and clannish attitude are simply the result of how the world developed, with mankind breaking off to their own little corners of the world, sometimes fighting over them, now that we are growing connected again we have no choice but find new ways to work together, it is more like the Universe is granting this change now, it is not because some are superior and are going to bring it about. That is quite elitist thinking.

Somehow, I don't think that it would be all that easy. I've been considering that if it is as John Croino predicts, then the test for discerning the True Prophet from the False Prophet will be a very spiritual one. It will be a conflict between what people have come to believe/accept because of what they were taught, versus what their own inner spiritual sense will tell them. Those who feel the spirit and trust those inner feelings will know which is the truth, but it's very difficult for people to change their beliefs if they've been raised their entire lives with those beliefs and too many people don't listen to their own spirit. We live in a very materialistic age.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you but many are waking up but a bigger change might be necessary. Sometimes we lose things to find things.

Yes. Sadly, that would be true. They're expecting a war-like messiah because of what's in Revelations which was written decades after Jesus was gone, and because historically that's what rulers and the churches in the service of those rulers have encouraged people to believe in order to convince Christians into going to war. But Jesus was anything but war-like.

Oh I think Jesus is for everyone who decides to lead more decent lives than not, who decides to help those around them in the smallest, most ordinary of ways, some people even refuse this, some constantly choose to harm others, Christians might believe otherwise but many will be surprised to find out how the first shall be last and the last shall be first.

a real prophet will tell you he is a messenger and not Jesus....

Obama, in his first speech to the UN said, 'Contrary to popular belief, I was not born in a manger . . .' Now, that may have been his way of saying, 'I am not Jesus Christ or the Messiah, but he finished the statement with, 'I was actually born on Krypton and I have come here to save the world.'

Hmmmm . . .

OK . . .

I have nothing else to offer the man; nothing more to give; he is on his own!

Hmm, I've read the Book of Revelation many times, and no it doesn't seem to answer the questions very well at all, it's fuzzy, unclear, crowded with more antique mystical symbolism than I can cope with. There are peices which appear to fit, some in admittedly startling ways, but others that obscurely coded to the point of being almost gibberish.

I think that many people prefer a bit more clarity, and less obscure symbolism.

I've honestly continued to struggle to decipher it's relevance, but it's too antique.

In a new version perhaps? As a water-bearer messiah, maybe?

It's interesting to me that other offshoots of Abrahamic religion don't agree that Jesus was the messiah, but consider him to be only a prophet or "great teacher". They're still waiting for what they would call a legitimate messiah.

Perhaps then, this "Aquarian Messiah" is really just an "Aquarian Prophet" then, and I don't mean in the Nostradamus or Edgar Cayce mold.

Would they be "Aquarian Prophets" then?

It would fit to have two, by the way, as doubleness is a significant feature of scripture that is supposed to be a sign from God. It usually is a 2-that's-really-a-3 kind of doubleness, with a 3rd part not so obvious immediately, but apparent when examined.

Also, is it Jerusalem in the literal sense or in the symbolic sense?

I agree with this not for the exact reason you give, but because it would seem be essential to the pattern that a real "great prophet" would be a pathmaker preparing the way for the messiah-to-come rather than glorifying themselves as being the last-and-only-one.

To claim that everything is finalised, and the final truth has been given, would be to ignore the strong tendency of humanity to fall from the path and corrupt the Word that is given.

he/she - don't be too chauvinistic or one-sided.

You're correct about that error-prone habit. It happens with all religions eventually, and some of that is just "Chinese Whispers" through the centuries, although a great deal of it is deliberate manipulation motivated by greed and politics.

But the problem there is that relying only upon that advice will eventually become ineffective as a way of maintaining a religion's truth, because the advice itself will not be taken by everyone, will be pushed aside by others for their own reasons, and if the religion's organisations become too dominated by those who want to keep power over the beliefs more strictly to their own interpretation, they'll discourage people from trusting their own judgement - or worse, learn how to trick them about what the answers to their prayers are. It happened in the past, and it will keep happening.

Or in some cases, distorted it entirely away from original intent for the service of some charismatic leader or manipulator or "other things". I'm personally very suspicious of channelling because it follows within the same paradigm that those "guardian spirits" aren't always going to be as of good intent, or as wise, as they feign to be. Too many of the "lords" have ancient Babylonian names of demons, for example, just with a modern re-modelling and very slight name change.

That reminds me of the mention in the linked article about the purpose of this "Aquarian Messiah" or "Aquarian Prophet" would be to smash a few of those delusions and mistaken traditions.

The problem being that maybe it's our own beliefs which are the delusions, not the ones we criticise, and it will be very hard for many to accept that even if it's proven true in a way that makes it very difficult to argue against or deny.

And that's where the problem of "Chinese Whispers" comes back. There are many versions of the Bible, they can't all be right.

Which is very difficult to do if we're being fed the wrong version of the Word because over two thousand years a whole big bunch of schismatic sects have appeared, and they can't agree on the specifics of what the Word is.

the Bible or any of the books are not too hard to understand...with all the hoopla going on about the Bible the consistant message is about salvation...many accounts in history are hear say but we believe much of that as fact, with less proof....the new age position that i am thinking that you are leaning toward does take much of the Bible and changes it's meaning to make it more palatable to the masses, just like many churches have done with the Bible in the past....if you want the truth, study the Bible for yourself...you will discover the nature of God and Jesus which will help you understand what you are reading....this is how i found the truth....i believe what i preach now but i have not always....

randomhit10

Obama, in his first speech to the UN said, 'Contrary to popular belief, I was not born in a manger . . .' Now, that may have been his way of saying, 'I am not Jesus Christ or the Messiah, but he finished the statement with, 'I was actually born on Krypton and I have come here to save the world.'

Hmmmm . . .

OK . . .

I have nothing else to offer the man; nothing more to give; he is on his own!

i agree...he operates on his own plane of thought...but had i been in his position i am not sure that i would have run for president at this time...we have a big mess to get cleaned up and it will take a long time....the wolves are already at Obama's door...he better get some bones moving in a positive manner or he will be the main course...i think this presidency was doomed in the beginning...

randomhit10

My thoughts on this, as a non-christian, is that the messiah (some call this one the dark messiah)

I've heard that term, but have no idea where it comes from.

Does anyone know?

When I looked it up, I kept finding games

Edited by Lovelynice

Perhaps that is what you have been taught and what most Christians might actually believe but the differences are not that great, in fact the New Age draws from many sources, Christianity being one, and Christianity is not the only Piscean movement either.

Just to clear up a little possible confusion, I'm not actually "Christian", nor New Age, or anything else in particular.

Christianity and the New Age beliefs often contradict each other. It's not difficult to find that out. The views on homosexuality, a single God, communicating with spirits or the dead, mediums and channelling, .... there are plentiful conflicts.

That right there is a trap that defeats the true New Age where all are accepted, there will be no wars, it will be through love and understanding, and someone who is so enlightened understands that if they know more they will not judge or condemn one who knows less, that is their life experience, their journey, and it should be understood all world religions and spiritual movements have arisen because there have been a need for them, they filled a purpose, and when society is ready to move on, it will, without having to condemn those who have not yet been able to upgrade, many simply cannot emotionally or intellectually afford to make the upgrade, some though within Christianity are making it.

That thinking is a trap too, but later in your post you stumble upon why....

There are HUGE problems with the attitude that everything is okay. Look at what's been happening in most western societies since the 1960s. I dread what it will be like in another generation on that same path. We can't accept every point of view, every ideology, every attitude. It's building a house out of Air, and letting all the animals in.

The fact is if we are going to sit here and wait for dueling messiahs we have already lost,

"Duelling"? Perhaps it wouldn't be in any way what could be easily called a conflict between them. I don't personally believe that it will be so clearly black and white, good vs evil, even if the Evil and Good was a real factor in the choices, I doubt that those choices will be clearly spelled out.

Anyway, if we sit and wait for the answers to come by accident, we may be lost far quicker.

Humanity on this planet has reached the point where they can easily, by accident or misunderstanding, wipe themselves out and everything else on the planet. We could also lose our humanity if we go the wrong road, create a Hell of this world, and in a vast number of ways really make a mess of the whole planet.

These "great teachers" may in fact be a kind of creation of ourselves, our greater mass consciousness calling for help to get us out of a serious jam. Their wisdom may be more like the "wisdom of crowds" or a "gestalt" which they tap into, then teach the rest of us how to do it, or at the very least give a few more answers and fix a few of the misunderstandings.

Not necessarily. It just means that is what was worked with the available technology. Tribal mentalities and clannish attitude are simply the result of how the world developed, with mankind breaking off to their own little corners of the world, sometimes fighting over them, now that we are growing connected again we have no choice but find new ways to work together, it is more like the Universe is granting this change now, it is not because some are superior and are going to bring it about. That is quite elitist thinking.

It's "elitist" thinking to consider that "we" of the current time are any more civilised or superior than people of the past, or that a "tribal" or "clannish" style of society has anything essentially wrong with it. People had to find ways to work together before, there's really no difference except that communications cover most of the globe and the tribes/clans are in the bigger form of nation-states.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you

There being many paths to enlightenment, yet an infinite number of more paths that do not lead to it. How, without any guidance, will the majority of people find their way to it?

That's where "great teacher" types have proven important in the past. There are times when humans are too close to their own problems to step back and solve them, and times when whole cultures and societies get into the same trap.

but many are waking up but a bigger change might be necessary.

There's always many waking up, there's always a bigger change that might be necessary.

Sometimes we lose things to find things.

Too vague, and too pat an answer. It's like one of those flowery things that people say when they don't have an actual answer but they want to sound like that they do.

Oh I think Jesus is for everyone who decides to lead more decent lives than not, who decides to help those around them in the smallest, most ordinary of ways, some people even refuse this, some constantly choose to harm others, Christians might believe otherwise but many will be surprised to find out how the first shall be last and the last shall be first.

Yes it gets twisted a lot.

Just to clear up a little possible confusion, I'm not actually "Christian", nor New Age, or anything else in particular.

Christianity and the New Age beliefs often contradict each other. It's not difficult to find that out. The views on homosexuality, a single God, communicating with spirits or the dead, mediums and channelling, .... there are plentiful conflicts.

All Is One including god is a New Age belief held by many. Not classic monotheism but monism. Some Christians do recognize that those who do not want to follow the Bible are not bound by it and it does not apply to them...also homosexuality is just one sin like any other and all are sinners and none are perfect in a Christian view, those who go on hating well...we know what hate is and what it does...either way the differences are not that great to keep people at odds and not allowing them to change at their own pace. I am sure though many do feel they have the 'right way' and others who do not agree are wrong.

That thinking is a trap too, but later in your post you stumble upon why....

There are HUGE problems with the attitude that everything is okay. Look at what's been happening in most western societies since the 1960s. I dread what it will be like in another generation on that same path. We can't accept every point of view, every ideology, every attitude. It's building a house out of Air, and letting all the animals in.

You said you are not New Age and very well because you might not like that it is accepting of all. There are no doctrines or dogma. It is also letting go of fear and worrying of all those problems you just mentioned, if the inside is pure, the outside will reflect that, in environment, we do not change the world by changing others or trying to fix these problems, those are not problems they are symptoms, we change the world by changing only ourselves.

Humanity on this planet has reached the point where they can easily, by accident or misunderstanding, wipe themselves out and everything else on the planet. We could also lose our humanity if we go the wrong road, create a Hell of this world, and in a vast number of ways really make a mess of the whole planet.

This is true and it happens over and over when someone as an individual makes a mess of their lives.

These "great teachers" may in fact be a kind of creation of ourselves, our greater mass consciousness calling for help to get us out of a serious jam. Their wisdom may be more like the "wisdom of crowds" or a "gestalt" which they tap into, then teach the rest of us how to do it, or at the very least give a few more answers and fix a few of the misunderstandings.

Agreed.

It's "elitist" thinking to consider that "we" of the current time are any more civilised or superior than people of the past, or that a "tribal" or "clannish" style of society has anything essentially wrong with it. People had to find ways to work together before, there's really no difference except that communications cover most of the globe and the tribes/clans are in the bigger form of nation-states.

Mhmm.

Nation-states will eventually lead to a global-state, it is just the natural progression of things, not sure if I am for it or against it, but regardless it is coming.

There being many paths to enlightenment, yet an infinite number of more paths that do not lead to it. How, without any guidance, will the majority of people find their way to it?

All is one including Spirit and Spirit guides....or the Universe, or God, or 'wisdom of crowds', that is what guides, not politics, anti-religious sentiment, or someone who believes they have the right way and has to open every ones eyes. Everyone will come to truth on their own, not forced into it, not told they are wrong by someone else, they will realize this on their own, saying one group has truth and another does not is nothing but a fallacy, everyone has a bit of the truth but none has it all.

Too vague, and too pat an answer. It's like one of those flowery things that people say when they don't have an actual answer but they want to sound like that they do.

It was not an answer but my agreement with your statement =)

These are just my views.

Edited by Rosewin

i believe that Jesus is the messiah and He will return again to rule the earth...He will have some prophets who will arrive ahead of Him, especially noted are the two who will be in jerusalem....a real prophet will tell you he is a messanger and not Jesus....

man, for the most part, corrupts everything he touches and the Word of God seems to be a really attractive target...but study the word for your self and pray for guidance, you will find the truth...

imo...new age has watered down the Word of God and the teachings of Jesus to make it more accaptable...just like some versions of christianity...this is why you must study the Word and learn the nature of God so you can see what is not correct...imo, Jesus is the one and only way to the Father...

randomhit10

I agree. I think our generation has gotten really bratty lately. Perhaps its the consumerism that promotes 'church shopping.' Whatever the case, Jesus wasn't even surprised by the number of false prophets that would arise and conform Christ to their culture instead of conform their culture to Christ.

• Like 1

I agree. I think our generation has gotten really bratty lately. Perhaps its the consumerism that promotes 'church shopping.' Whatever the case, Jesus wasn't even surprised by the number of false prophets that would arise and conform Christ to their culture instead of conform their culture to Christ.

church shopping....good call....i like that term...

randomhit10

• 2 years later...

Maybe the name son of god is a hint, that it is you. that we are all jesus, cause we are all creations of life.

i think there are a few points where some religions sound very simelar. the alchemy trys to explain a way to bekome jesus or buddha or else. how ever you like to call it.

why do we need a messiah, if we can find all answers of live within our soul?

why do we need belives if we could know?

viva aquarius, be our light and fre us from the chains of belives!

but well, i do belive, cause i can't know everything. but i belive in my feelings and not in the word of god, written by men!

What many have been taught is that Christianity is somehow antiquated, wrong, needs to be replaced, etc....while the New Age is the 'right way'.

The fact is if we are going to sit here and wait for dueling messiahs we have already lost, all we can do is simply accept what will be, whatever it is, and allow everyone to follow their true heart and spirit, even if it leads us to different places, only by accepting each other will we all return to our rightful place at the table of humanity.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you but many are waking up but a bigger change might be necessary. Sometimes we lose things to find things.

I agree and enjoyed your post Rosewin. Well said. :tu:

Love Omnaka