Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Grandmother who objected to gay march

Ufo Believer

After witnessing a gay pride march, committed Christian Pauline Howe wrote to the council to complain that the event had been allowed to go ahead.

But instead of a simple acknowledgement, she received a letter warning her she might be guilty of a hate crime and that the matter had been passed to police.

Two officers later turned up at the frightened grandmother's home and lectured her about her choice of words before telling her she would not be prosecuted.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1222861/Pensioner-complained-gay-pride-march-warned-police-hate-crime.html#ixzz0V3QxREUG

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• The Silver Thong

• danielost

• Kimi81

i'm sure that the gays were chanting anti-christian slogans.

After witnessing a gay pride march, committed Christian Pauline Howe wrote to the council to complain that the event had been allowed to go ahead.

But instead of a simple acknowledgement, she received a letter warning her she might be guilty of a hate crime and that the matter had been passed to police.

Two officers later turned up at the frightened grandmother's home and lectured her about her choice of words before telling her she would not be prosecuted.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1222861/Pensioner-complained-gay-pride-march-warned-police-hate-crime.html#ixzz0V3QxREUG

Good for her, until there's "Straight" pride marches complaining about it is should be allowed. She has every right to voice her opinion.

Edited by SpiderCyde

Yes, but she's being charged with a hate crime. Which really is stupid.

Good for her, until there's "Straight" pride marches complaining about it is should be allowed. She has every right to voice her opinion.

If you don't get why there isn't and what the point is about these, I fear for you grey matter.

That is wrong. Everyone is intitled to there opinions no matter what. This lady did nothing wrong as far as I can tell. I'm all for gay rights and marriage but not at the expence of freedom of speach.

i'm sure that the gays were chanting anti-christian slogans.

Why? Maybe she is just an old b***h who is just very nice. If she reads the Mail actually that is almost certainly the case.

That is wrong. Everyone is intitled to there opinions no matter what. This lady did nothing wrong as far as I can tell. I'm all for gay rights and marriage but not at the expence of freedom of speach.

So it is ok for her to tell them they shouldn't have freedom of speech? If that encourages hate then yeah, it should be stopped, you have to have limits.

Why? Maybe she is just an old b***h who is just very nice. If she reads the Mail actually that is almost certainly the case.

LMAO :lol:

i have to assume you didn't read the article. she stated she was handing out pamplets and they were whispering bad things in her ears. so no sir she was going to write until the whisperings came. so as i said i am sure they were chanting anti-christian things.

and yes she (i assume in england) had the right to hand out those pamplets. when ever i get a pamplet handed to me that i don't like i just toss it. but i am nice to the person who gave it to me.

Well if this government stay in power much longer i'm sure Mandleson & Harmon will pass a law to make homosexuality compulsory

Besides I expect the plod jumped at the chance to frighten an old lady, it's about all they're good for.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

i have to assume you didn't read the article. she stated she was handing out pamplets and they were whispering bad things in her ears. so no sir she was going to write until the whisperings came. so as i said i am sure they were chanting anti-christian things.

and yes she (i assume in england) had the right to hand out those pamplets. when ever i get a pamplet handed to me that i don't like i just toss it. but i am nice to the person who gave it to me.

Why do you assume that they were chanting anything,..... yet on anti-Christian things? :mellow:

If you don't get why there isn't and what the point is about these, I fear for you grey matter.

Look up the definition of nonchalant. Spare me your insignificant comments until you have a clear understanding of simple conversational concepts.

So it is ok for her to tell them they shouldn't have freedom of speech? If that encourages hate then yeah, it should be stopped, you have to have limits.

My point is that everyone has the right to free speach. Why was she silenced and threatened by the law? Both sides can have there views however in this case the law was used to intimidate oneside hence silencing ones voice through fear tactics.

Why do you assume that they were chanting anything,..... yet on anti-Christian things? :mellow:

1 the purpose of a march is to chant.

2 christians are considered the enemy.

what if the hate laws themselves encourages Hate?

Since when did Gay's become enemies and haters of Christianity?

They may have just been marching for equality and equal rights :rolleyes:

You can't assume they were chanting anti Christian stuff.

Sure the gay community has a beef with Christians and vise versa as far as mortal enemies not really as Christians don't kill ya for being gay (mostly)

Well if this government stay in power much longer i'm sure Mandleson & Harmon will pass a law to make homosexuality compulsory Besides I expect the plod jumped at the chance to frighten an old lady, it's about all they're good for.

Like they have on TV. The police had no need to get involved, but too many Politically correct people infest the positions of power.

My understanding is that this is one of the big reasons why religious groups are against gay marriage. They're afraid they'll be nailed by hate crime laws.

As for the OP while I disagree with the woman's views it's hardly a hate crime.

You can't assume they were chanting anti Christian stuff.

Sure the gay community has a beef with Christians and vise versa as far as mortal enemies not really as Christians don't kill ya for being gay (mostly)

She was handing out Christian pamphlets and said she was verbally abused so that isn't such a leap.

It's always assumed that anyone that doesn't agree with the gay lifestyle is a Christian or at least religious, which is not always the case.

This was, by no stretch of the imagination, a hate crime though.

She was handing out Christian pamphlets and said she was verbally abused so that isn't such a leap.

It's always assumed that anyone that doesn't agree with the gay lifestyle is a Christian or at least religious, which is not always the case.

This was, by no stretch of the imagination, a hate crime though.

i agree it was a hate crime commited by the city council.

There should be no limits to what anyone can legally say. The only thing the words of a powerless civilian can hurt are feelings.

That should not be a crime no matter what she's saying or who she doesn't like. I'm more surprised that the police got involved because she openly admits she doesn't like them.

There should be no limits to what anyone can legally say. The only thing the words of a powerless civilian can hurt are feelings.

That should not be a crime no matter what she's saying or who she doesn't like. I'm more surprised that the police got involved because she openly admits she doesn't like them.

the police got involved because they work for the city council.

I've got $20 that says granny throws a more manly punch than any of the marchers since they probably wouldn't want to sprain their delicate wrists. lol

Edited by SpiderCyde