Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rpg in Chatroom

Kira

thumbsup.gif Ok sensible suggestions now people.. I know that it has long been an idea for an RPG group within the forum membership..Syko being vitually the main champion of this... thumbsup.gif

I have asked SaRuMaN to make it so that I can moderate the chat room if such an idea was to go ahead.

What I need from you is a sensible time that we can use the chat room, so I can change the topic when we are there.. so that people know what they are walking into.

Who would interested in doing this, what campaigns etc, who would want to Dm etc..

I will pin this and ask for sensible answers and questions.. Then we shall see...

Edited by Celti

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jenk

• thepsychoticseaotter

• Janiel

• Kira

If no on else wanted to I could Dm. When ever me and my buds play an RPG I'm always the Dm, so I have experiance and a few old campaigns kicking around. Could we do it in a D&D format? Time is an issue for me, thats why I said if no one else wanted to. If it's at a good time for me I would love to do it though.

I think it would work better in the forum (under hobbies) than in a chat. Also if a Dm leaves the thread another could just pick up were the other left off and make his own storie.

I think it would work better in the forum (under hobbies) than in a chat. Also if a Dm leaves the thread another could just pick up were the other left off and make his own storie.

i have to agree a chat one would be too confusing...

Ok sensible suggestions now people.. I know that it has long been an idea for an RPG group within the forum membership..Syko being vitually the main champion of this...

Man when did I become a champion? tongue.gif Ok I would preferr chat as a post game would eat up alot of bandwidth (something I have yet to have problems with at Ravens Keep [not a shamless plug!]) And I don't think our High Overwizard would be happy about that.

As long as we keep some order I think it would be ok to use the chatroom. the biggest issue would be how many players could we handle and if we would need "sub-DM's".

I would like to get that sorted before we decide on backdrop.

Oh and if you ar curious about Ravens Keep look here.

Ok sensible suggestions now people.. I know that it has long been an idea for an RPG group within the forum membership..Syko being vitually the main champion of this...

Man when did I become a champion? tongue.gif Ok I would preferr chat as a post game would eat up alot of bandwidth (something I have yet to have problems with at Ravens Keep [not a shamless plug!]) And I don't think our High Overwizard would be happy about that.

As long as we keep some order I think it would be ok to use the chatroom. the biggest issue would be how many players could we handle and if we would need "sub-DM's".

I would like to get that sorted before we decide on backdrop.

Oh and if you ar curious about Ravens Keep look here.

hey my nickname used to be "Syko". anyway you got a good piont on the bandwith issue...and i don't want our High Overwizard to come after me crying.gif ...

hhhmmmm the bandwidth is a problem....... What are your thoughts Celti?

Bandwidth shouldn't be a problem, remember we're on our own dedicated server now with all the bandwidth we could ever need.

So would it be alright to do it on the forum instead of the chat? It seems to me it would be simpler on the forum.

To be real honest Play by post or play by e-mail is just a real turnoff to me. I find that it lacks the intensity that an rpg needs to be run correctly. (kinda close to those old play by mail games *BARF*)

It's up to everyone else though but I vote Chat.

What about organizing the game on the forum, and at a posted time on the forum we RP on the chat?

chats are harder on the two finger typer-you miss alot when your looking at the keyboard.

-then u gotta read try and catch up & answer the people who are impatiently waiting on you.

then again, posts would be slow for every one , lagging the general rythm of the game

would like to see a D & D styled game though, of some sorts.......

Celti I was just wondering if you are still planing on setting this up.

I can't answer for the Celtic one but i am still for it. I just have been busy the past few days with other projects at the moment.

thumbsup.gif Sorry people due to visits wub.gif and other people not playing ball around here.. my mind has beenb on other things.. whistling2.gif

So we need to decide a time and place really and then when to start...

If we don't have enough people interested here or if there is much opposition to it I could look into doing this at RK. But I haven't had much sucess with chatrooms there (the first two sucked) so I'll have to find one. Just a suggestion anyway.

I was just wondering what format are we doing it in? I only know how to do D&D format. If we play in D&D format will we have to teach people how to play? I there are a few D&D players on this forum, so would it just be the people who know how to play it? That does not seem fair to me. So I guess the best way to do it is to start a sign up thread were you post what you want to be in the game and how much you know about the rules of the game so we can figure out how many people want to try i and how many people we have to teach. You should alos request people to state if they want to be player or DM, I recomend only one GM. I would not mind being the DM but I would rather some one else do it if they can do a better job.

It's good to have a nerdy side thumbsup.gif

As far as that goes we really haven't decided. Most people here come from a D&D background but the editions and experience in them differs. I had proposed, in another thread, either fantasy, sci-fi or horror as to genre. But as to system that remains up in the air.

I would really like to see us come up with a simplified system for this as not all of us would have access to dice rolling programs and other things. I have been trying to come across the Amber Diceless system to look at but haven't found one yet.

Anyway this will just take some time to do and do right.

i've only done "RPing" not "RPGing" al i know about the difference is that "RPing" is a forum formated type thing...

*goes into old man voice* Back in my day sonny, RPing and RPGing were the same thing a table top, dice and friends..*hack weeze* it was fun...not like these new fangles masivley moronic rpgs that are nothing more than digital hackfests...We also walked to school and ate dirt and that's the way we liked it..... tongue.gif

The dice rolling is an easy to solve problem. Who ever the DM is simply rolls all of the dice (that way the DM can fudge it if he wants to save the PC's or to teach em a lesson wink2.gif ).

Just a nerdy fact: RPG and RP are almost the exact same thing. RPG is role playing with game added on.

Edited by jenk