Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Extreme Paranormal Real or Fake?

RavenSpirit

I think it's as silly as the rest of them but I am glad that The Beaver found work again.

Gowin.jpg

Nibs

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RavenSpirit

• Reelybored

• Yvonne H.

• Psov19

Welcome to UM...I think your story is compelling and I am glad you have come to share it with us. It really puts things into perspective about this show and others!

Thanks for the welcome Lisa, I was just compelled to share my reality as it pertains to this goofy show. I am wondering how their ratings are, and wonder if the show will last the season. I am going to be doing more writing about the show and it's impact on relatives and survivors.

The paranormal is indeed interesting stuff, but I think respect and care are in order. Why these shows have to push the envelop for sensationalistic results is beyond me,

I think it's as silly as the rest of them but I am glad that The Beaver found work again.

Gowin.jpg

Nibs

HAHAHA..GO BEAVER!!

We should make a drinking game out of this show. Every time something "EXTREME" happens we take a drink. By the end of the show we all grab a camera and hit the nearest haunted location. Film everything! Edit it all together and send it in to A&E. We could be the next big hit!

On a side note: I caught an episode of Ghost Lab the other night. I must say at least they debunk almost everything, a little more believable.

Thanks for the welcome Lisa, I was just compelled to share my reality as it pertains to this goofy show. I am wondering how their ratings are, and wonder if the show will last the season. I am going to be doing more writing about the show and it's impact on relatives and survivors.

The paranormal is indeed interesting stuff, but I think respect and care are in order. Why these shows have to push the envelop for sensationalistic results is beyond me,

I am excited to learn the truth of this story! I hope you post the finished website on this forum somewhere so we can read it!

I think they`s guys are F---ING WITH SOMTHING THEY DON`T KNOW ABOUT and there going to get ZIPPED BIG TIME by something BAD youknow hahahaha

i have to completely agree with everyone here and this post inperticular, these guys a screwing with stuff they just should not be and eventually something is gonna screw with them.

Extreme Paranormal is beyond bogus, but if you keep it within it's context as entertainment since that is all it really is.

Some people have even said the Ghost Hunters is fake... i'm more inclinded to believe that Ghost Hunters is the only show out there that IS real.

Edited by BXV2

Hi everyone!

Now, I have the pleasure of hunting quite often, but I have also been glued to the likes of Tv, Youtube, and the internet watching the phenomenon of paranormal investigating quite literally erupt onto prime-time. I believe we've turned into a nice community of dwellers of darkness looking for the light, and I love that! Most of the coming together, I believe, is attributed to TAPS broadcasting that you're not a freak for loving the paranormal. You can still have a job, a life, a family, and go searching for the age old question of "what happens when we die" after dinner. So kudos to SyFy for actually showing how it really is: 98% of the time you're bored out of your mind because you catch nothing, 1% you're elated that there's something more than static, and the other 1% is spent scrutinizing over what you think you might have found before releasing it to the world.

As for the other shows? Ghost Lab finds me weary because they succeed a little too often, but the crew actually seems to be hardcore scientific, so I can commend that. Paranormal State, although a little dramatic, is also a favorite. They at least mean well and try hard...and Chip? I <3 ya! Lol. And last but not least, Ghost Adventures turns me into a doctor highly recommending decaff and Vicodin for the lead man, Zach.

Sadly, however, I too have created this account just to be able to post about the show: "Extreme Paranormal." In early October, my friend told me of the show stating that, "it apparently goes a little further than just the norm," and that's all it took for my ears to perk up! Not actually seeing the commercial, I thought to myself, 'maybe I can get some clues about being differently innovative and imaginative, and how that might spark up more activity to document and show to the community!' How exciting! I DVR-ed the show.

I never thought I'd see something like Extreme Paranormal creep into our community. This show broke my heart. Literally. Ghost Hunters always has a sign in their building that says "Ghosts were people too." A&E, do you not know that? I honestly don't think the entertainment industry had a clue how fascinated the world would be about their unavoidable fate and that of those we love, but to desicrate their existence? Ugh. While watching the show, however, the benefit of the doubt did quickly cross my mind. I thought, "to investigate a penitentiary full of murderers, child molesters and animal abusers must make you feel as if prisoners don't deserve anymore than a good death behind bars." Then Nathan cut himself, Shaun decided to yell "EXTREME" yet again, and The Beaver ran like a scared *****. Suddenly, I remembered: this is disgraceful. The lake facts also, as Yvonne said, are completely false. And to mess with Voodoo, when you are not equipped to handle it, is to ask for an opening to something you cannot fathom. Not to mention, Shaun is a retarded swimmer.

I guess my point is more to A&E. Yes, there are a lot of abnormal, other-worldy energies that we'd love to document-- especially when it's in-human or alien. What terrifies...mystifies. It always has! And we all know you're in the business of makin' dollars, but people lose their loved ones, A&E. Sometimes it's peaceful and sometimes it's truly unthinkable; however, violent or not, disrespecting those who have passed or the energies that linger just for the hell of it, is not smart or in any way acceptable. We are not that desensitized.

A&E should be ashamed of putting money in front of families, and most of all-- ratings over science. I hope that there will always be documentation of the paranormal. I am enthralled, like the rest of you, with knowing what's beyond the darkness of death. But please, if you investigate, remember your place. If not for science or for saftey, than for the fact that ghosts were people too.

Mora, the explorer. =~)~

Edited by Mora

all of the paranormal shows are fake, at least to a degree it is cal TV for a reason. but somewhere along the line the do gather real evidence even if it is by accident. As for extreme paranormal, i grew up around bonito lake and never had anything happen and Roy Black one of the witnesses in the show is actually my friends dad and doesnt even believe in paranormal lol

• 3 months later...

It really is kind of sad.

I completely believed Ghost Hunters 100% when it first came out. They made it clear every episode that they were out to debunk hauntings rather than try to prove them. They rarely found paranormal evidence and even when they did they were reluctant to rule it as paranormal rather than just something they can't explain. And only about 1/3rd of their investigations revealed anything out of the normal at all.

All the sudden, they started finding evidence in every episode, everywhere they went. They started calling every place they went to haunted. You could almost SEE the pain it took for Jay to call some places haunted ... almost as if *gasp* he was being TOLD to call the place haunted by the show's producers?

I have at theory. TV is ALL about ratings. The producers of Ghost Hunters determined that people want to see ghosts, and not just an hour long episode of ghost hunters looking for ghosts. So the orders came down the chain "We need more ghosts!" Next thing you know, TAPS is faking evidence for ratings. It is just too convienant how things changed! THEN, people like me are on to it and take notice .. and the latest few episodes the activity has died down again.

I don't know, I want to believe it is all real. I truly do. I have had experiences as both a kid and an adult (A sane, normal, healthy, successful career type person, not under the influence of any drugs, etc). I want to see evidence that ghosts exist, to prove to myself that I'm not just crazy, or had an overactive immagination. I feel that shows like "Extreme Paranormal" are exploiting people like me ... the people who have had real experiences and are out for answers.

I think Extreme Paranormal is extremely fake... But my top giggle for live action haunt drama is Scariest Places on Earth. I don't think I could do that show with a straight face :)

The rest of them are dramatized to a more or less extent too.... Let's face it, 99% of the time, hunting is way too boring to make good television. Even with a great place and many hours of investigating, it can be pretty hard to find content for a 30 min or hour show that can keep the masses tuning in every week.

I think a lot of it makes bad press for the people out there who are really seriously trying to figure out whats going on. But on the bright side, with popularity, people who may need help are more willing to ask for it, and the pool of resources for helping keep getting better :)

• 2 months later...

I'm completely new to this site ... found it when I Googled "Extreme Paranormal" which is on now, and so fake I had to find out what others were saying about it. I think "Ghost Hunters" is probably the most authentic, mostly because it's so boring, with "Paranormal State" questionable but probably 50% real. "Extreme Paranormal" is so phony I can't imagine anybody swallowing it. One of the most obvious glitches in this episode was when they buried the guy in the casket after the "occult expert" makes a mark on his forehead with chicken blood--yet the camera shows no mark when he's in the casket! I hope this show is cancelled soon, to make room for something more believable.

I just saw the first episode, they take us for dumb viewers. like, they think we didn't notice that the door that opens and closes by itself is already open. what a load of bull crap! producers or creators of this show are using our interest in the paranormal that it feels like we are always taken for a ride every time these types of shows air. come on now!

Skipping to 3rd page to reply as there's no use reading any of it. These topics are made every other week or so saying _______ paranormal show is fake.

Yes, we all know they're all fake and only for entertainment purposes, or more pinpointed, drawing viewers in. The "reality" is about as real as Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

The problem with Gee Whiz programs like this is that you have to produce at least one positive (or at least seemingly positive) result per episode or your contract's going to get cancelled and you'll be back flipping hamburgers.

While I suspect that "spooks" exist, at least to some extent, they're NOT going to show up on our schedule and perform under the hot lights.

Moreover, it's never been firmly established whether ghosts can be photographed or video-recorded.

Edited by OldTimeRadio

• 1 year later...

Of course they are fakers. But... fake or not, there are very real things that go bump in the night, and sometimes people who play around meet them- ready or not. It's always funny 'til an unexpected "guest" arrives.