Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolves: The Dark Survivor

Stormcrow

I was watching the first 5 mins. of it and lost interest quickly. The narrating was so annoying. <_< I thought it was going to be about people who had seen a "werewolf" and they were going to tell their story. :(

Edited by Fell

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• Wookietim

• Drago

• 667-Neighbor of the Beast

Sounds utterly entertaining in its awfulness. And I'd like to note for the record I dissent from the assertion there aren't enough werewolf (nor vampire, if I may add) movies - there are beyond "more than enough", taken historically.

I agree and disagree. See, I've had more than enough Ricepires. Anne Rice is to the vampire genre what Uwe Boll is to the Video-Game-Movie genre. She took it, and she totally wrecked it. (Your Mileage May Vary.)

My problem isn't even that she made them handsome/pretty. My problem is that she gutted the concept. She took what should have been complete monsters and turned them into neurotic OCD-ridden parasites. She made them human - so what was the effing point?!

I don't even mind a good-guy vampire with a sunny side, as long as it's remembered that they should still be axe-crazy undead murdermachines hellbent on death and destruction. p***ing off a vampire should not get you a slap to the face and a snarky insult. It should get you gutted, hung by your own entrails, and THEN a snarky insult as your life slowly fades away giving you just enough time to properly meditate on your idiocy.

>_> Sorry. Halloween I saw WAY TOO MANY FRIKKIN' RICEPIRES AND TWILIGHT LAMERS.

I'm not aware of any good werewolf movies, but then again, I'm not big on mythological movies because so many things get ruined or it winds up having to be a love story.

My favorite werewolf movie of all time will have to be Silver Bullet. Filmed in my hometown of Wilmington, NC. *proud* I had to go get pictures of myself standing on the bridge that was part of one of the important scenes. Yeah, I'm a dork. . .*cough* ANYWAYS. . .

You've GOT to check it out. It was great. . .of course I can't say whether it was really TRULY great or if it was great because it was one of those movies that I grew up with. . .that and I went through a REALLY bad Lost Boys phase, and Silver Bullet had Corey Haim in it. I was fascinated by the fact that he had actually stood on that stupid bridge. :rofl: Well. . he didn't actually stand on it, I guess, because he was in a wheelchair in that movie. . .And there were no love scenes either, just as an extra little bonus.

I really liked The Company of Wolves as well. It was a different spin of little red riding hood with werewolves. . .only the whole theme of the movie had nothing to do with werewolves. . .it was just a metaphor for sex and growing up (but there's no sex in it at all. . .which is great because that gets annoying these days). . .it was a really surreal and weird movie. One of those that sort of leave you messed up in the head for a few days because its so strange. But still, VERY good if you like the dark versions of fairy tales.

Sorry I don't have any info on the movie you saw. . .I just had to throw in my little two cents about some werewolf movies. :D

Here's some links to some "trailers" of the two. . .

The Company of Wolves

Both of these movies were filmed in the 80's. . .if you're a special effects junkie you might not like them. . .I'm not really. I go more for the storyline and suspense.

If you're interested in werewolf theories, maybe you'd be interested in berserkers as well. They were Norse warriors sometimes confused with shapeshifters because they were supposed to wear animal skins and fought so fiercely and animal like. They were able to work themselves into such a fury that they "gained" phenomenal strength and regular weapons didn't seem to bother them. They're very easy to explain scientifically. I don't know about other people, but when I get mad I get stronger and nothing seems to hurt me at all until after my anger has died down a bit. I can only imagine how scary a giant Nordic dude would be in a state 100 times worse than that running around in animal skins and acting like a mad man. :o They were eventually "banned" from their own land because they were so dangerous and unable to control their bloodlust. . .when they got into a fit of rage they killed friend and foe alike. After their rage wore off, they would get extremely weak for anywhere from a few days to a month or so. A few think that they could be one of many sources of werewolf stories. And, who knows, maybe they didn't use drugs like a lot of scholars think they did. Maybe it was just some genetic condition that made them prone to extreme anger and violence. . .That would mean that people like that could have been all over the world, and could still be around today.

Berserkers are really very fascinating to learn about. After studying about them, it made me feel better about my own anger management problems.

AROROOO?

BESERKERS. That's the word I'm looking for, thanks Ghost. :D What I was trying to think of earlier, for the Viking "weres" was the Úlfhéðnar. They wore wolf pelts when going to battle, feeling it gave them strength. But no, they not be doin' weres.

My favorite werewolf movie of all time will have to be Silver Bullet. Filmed in my hometown of Wilmington, NC. *proud* I had to go get pictures of myself standing on the bridge that was part of one of the important scenes. Yeah, I'm a dork. . .*cough* ANYWAYS. . .

You've GOT to check it out. It was great. . .of course I can't say whether it was really TRULY great or if it was great because it was one of those movies that I grew up with. . .that and I went through a REALLY bad Lost Boys phase, and Silver Bullet had Corey Haim in it. I was fascinated by the fact that he had actually stood on that stupid bridge. :rofl: Well. . he didn't actually stand on it, I guess, because he was in a wheelchair in that movie. . .And there were no love scenes either, just as an extra little bonus.

I really liked The Company of Wolves as well. It was a different spin of little red riding hood with werewolves. . .only the whole theme of the movie had nothing to do with werewolves. . .it was just a metaphor for sex and growing up (but there's no sex in it at all. . .which is great because that gets annoying these days). . .it was a really surreal and weird movie. One of those that sort of leave you messed up in the head for a few days because its so strange. But still, VERY good if you like the dark versions of fairy tales.

Sorry I don't have any info on the movie you saw. . .I just had to throw in my little two cents about some werewolf movies. :D

Here's some links to some "trailers" of the two. . .

The Company of Wolves

Both of these movies were filmed in the 80's. . .if you're a special effects junkie you might not like them. . .I'm not really. I go more for the storyline and suspense.

The Lost Boys is one of the greatest vampire movies ever made. Well, modern day. The better vampire movies usually involved names like Bella Lugosi and Christopher Lee. >_>

Silver Bullet is actually one of the better werewolf flicks, too. And even though it isn't technically true, The Brotherhood of the Wolf was a great movie that kept you guessing whether the beast was a werewolf or not for a big part of the movie.

The Company of Wolves does look completely and utterly messed up. But I'm so going to try it out.

I think I'll rent Silver Bullet too. The Brotherhood of the Wolf looks just awesome, I'll also have to get that one.