Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters Live Event - TAPS

Ufo Believer

I haven't seen any of these fakerys, I've seen the bedclothes being pulled on the Queen Mary but they debunked that themselves and said someone from the ship had been tampering, We don't get a lot of Halloween programming here in England (although we've had an 8 day live marathon of Most Haunted - arn't we the lucky <_<). Usually BBC1 will put Halloween the movie on at about 11.00pm, but that's about it.

let me help you out with that :yes:

This is the BEST! FAKERY!!!!

Ghost Hunters/TAPS Water Bottle DeBunked 1

AND the most horrific eveidance of FAKERY (and MY FAVORITE!)

"Award winning Artist Meatloaf gets dragged into the T.A.P.S. Well of Deceit."

http://*******/?p=1978

To be blunt, no one has proven TAPS to be frauds--unlike some teams *coughPScough*. There is no SUBSTANTIAL (as in, professional analysis) evidence that suggests the TAPS Team are faking their evidence. Don't watch it if you don't want to, but there is no substantial claim to prove they're faking stuff up front and carelessly.

As for me? I'll be watching it. Haven't missed a life episode yet, regardless of the rumors. I reserve my judgment for when someone professional comes forward with convincing evidence.

Sooo...PS is fake but the multitudes of TAPS fakery DE-bunked is inconsequencial? :huh: see above answer.. ^_^

I can't wait to miss this.

:lol::lol::lol:

Have you watched the hood tug evidence on you tube? It is pretty damning.

let me give everyone a link to this..my comliments!

http://*******/?p=97 collar tug DE-BUNKED FAKERY!

@Timmah

But they do seem to fake things. I think they use cut-outs, personally.

I believe you are correct Mr Noise ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• angrdrgz

• Perish Priest

• Rhungobains

I just wonder how something like that could stay quiet so long. Someone had the courage to stand up to A&E and Paranormal State, and I just can't imagine why there wouldn't be contracts concerning fraudulent activity with a show that pretty much had to fake its way through to begin with. That just seems careless... There surely would be loopholes that would allow a client to get information about TAPS out.

As a side note, GH is five years old now, no other investigative show has lived up to that (besides Most Haunted, but we already know that story). Perhaps GH could be following in MH's footsteps, but something tells me otherwise. MH's staff were never investigators before the show, we already know they're only in it for the poops and giggles--and cash. RIPS began in 1990, and transformed in to TAPS; Jason and Grant have been investigating since before I was born. That's a lot of time and reputation to waste in faking a jacket tug.

Nor have I, not on their show anyway. There are, however, a lot of cases that Jason and Grant talk about in their books that make me think otherwise. It was my own personal experiences that convinced me the paranormal was real, and I think that's because any evidence gathered from an investigative team will not "wow" me.

However! I'm glad you said that, what's bolded there. I don't know if you're referring exactly to instances where they come up with "a lot" of evidence, or if they claim something is haunted with very little substantial claims, but! One thing I have forgotten to mention time and time again, I was only recently reminded of. This morning, in fact. It's such a subtle difference it is easy to look over, but try watching some reveals and I think you'll notice it too.

Recently, TAPS has been deeming a lot of places haunted, right? Have they outright used the word haunted, though? How many times do they describe something as haunted, versus simply having paranormal activity? A haunting denotes intelligent activity, "paranormal activity" simply suggests that something "not normal" is at work. It could be a ghost, or it could just be something we have yet to understand, but completely normal. The only time TAPS suggests a true haunting is, in fact, when they use the word "haunted". I had completely forgotten about that until I heard them go over that again this morning on the Today show. I remember them having said it countless times before--but maybe they should say it again.

Again excellent post and well said.

They have been finding more cases of activity lately and they do not use the word haunting very much which is good in my opinion.

I think on the subject we will just have to agree to disagree, and I hope you really enjoy the show. I may tune in myself I have not watched in sometime but it is Halloween after all ;)

Sure. I'll give it a look see.

If it gets boring or looks too fake, I'll just turn the channel. No biggie. I'm sure there will be plenty of good horror movies on other channels at that time.

Expect boring, that's what investigating is all about. :lol:

Sooo...PS is fake but the multitudes of TAPS fakery DE-bunked is inconsequencial? :huh: see above answer.. ^_^

Did you even care to notice why I said PS is fake and why GH has yet to be proved as such? It's because a PS client came forward and said that PS lied to them about their house being haunted. Show a GH client that has done the same thing. Don't rely on Youtube for your "evidence", get a professional analyst's opinion.

Again excellent post and well said.

They have been finding more cases of activity lately and they do not use the word haunting very much which is good in my opinion.

I think on the subject we will just have to agree to disagree, and I hope you really enjoy the show. I may tune in myself I have not watched in sometime but it is Halloween after all ;)

Who knows what'll happen. There have been live investigations (Waverly, for example) where nothing whatsoever was found. But it wound up being a HILARIOUS night. Case in point:

Did you even care to notice why I said PS is fake and why GH has yet to be proved as such? It's because a PS client came forward and said that PS lied to them about their house being haunted. Show a GH client that has done the same thing. Don't rely on Youtube for your "evidence", get a professional analyst's opinion.

Who knows what'll happen. There have been live investigations (Waverly, for example) where nothing whatsoever was found. But it wound up being a HILARIOUS night. Case in point:

Ms Crow did you even care to look beyond what your calling evidence against PS(BS works for this too!:lol:)a "client" came forth?

well Sci-fake has the De-Bunkinator! a mystery man on set of the programs, may I suggest a peruse through the site for more information you might be pleasantly surprised how professional and correct Ron Tebo is. :tu:

MS Crow the links are not all to YOUTUBE (maybe 1)but YOUTUBE is just fine, also as it serves as a platform and many quality videos and evidence are available there, they are also linked to a well established and respected site called SCI_FAKE dedicated to bringing the FAKES out into the open including TAPs

This site stands for those of us that are in the community and active producing real bodies of work and striving for real answers, they expose FAKEs that hurt our community, so like it or not,... TAPS is on the list. :yes:

http://*******/

Edited by Perish Priest

It is clear that Grant has faked a COUPLE incidents at LEAST. Look, I think ScyFy just like any other network wants ratings and in order to get them they will use tactics in which to keep their viewers glued to the show. TAPS in the beginning was a great show and had a believable quality to it which no other show had at the time. I'm afraid those days are over. I'll be watching the ghost adventure guys tonight not because I think they are true blue investigators, but because it's entertainment.

It is clear that Grant has faked a COUPLE incidents at LEAST. Look, I think ScyFy just like any other network wants ratings and in order to get them they will use tactics in which to keep their viewers glued to the show. TAPS in the beginning was a great show and had a believable quality to it which no other show had at the time. I'm afraid those days are over. I'll be watching the ghost adventure guys tonight not because I think they are true blue investigators, but because it's entertainment.

No Josh they been faking stuff all along, I refer you to the "Did TAPS (Ghost Hunters) switch the Table Cloth at the Myrtle Plantation? It seems so and here’s the video!"

selection below :tu:

http://*******/?p=2199

Edited by Perish Priest

Ms Crow did you even care to look beyond what your calling eveidance against PS(BS works for this too!:lol:)a "client" came forth?

well Sci-fake has the De-Bunkinator! a mystery man on set of the programs, may I suggest a peruse through the site for more information you might be pleasantly surprised how professional and correct Ron Tebo is. :tu:

MS Crow the links are not all to YOUTUBE (maybe 1)but YOUTUBE is just fine, also as it serves as a platform and many quality videos and evidence are available there, they are also linked to a well established and respected site called SCI_FAKE dedicated to bringing the FAKES out into the open including TAPs

This site stands for those of us that are in the community and active producing real bodies of work and striving for real answers, they expose FAKEs that hurt our community, so like it or NOT TAPS is on the list. :yes:

http://*******/

Yes, a client, is much more reliable than a one-sided argument posted by a couple of kids who want to ruin a team, despite there being no substantial--professional--analysis to prove such. The absolute only word you have to go on that TAPS is faking is the observation of people who have nothing better to do with their spare time. I reiterate: It is a one-sided argument. The users are biased.

Youtube is just as reliable as members make it out to be. Anyone can post anything, as I'm sure you well know. We get many ridiculous claims initially posted on Youtube. If Youtube is reliable for proving an investigative team's fraudulent activity, you'll also agree it's reliable for proving the existence of the paranormal? No? Okay. I don't know about you, but I'll reserve judgment until the professionals have a say in the matter--and no, that doesn't mean Youtube users, or SciFake. It means a professional.

Woo! TAPS is on a list. Once again, I'm sure this is one-sided.

Edited by Ebonykrow

Y'all are nothing but a bunch of TAPS haters here! Holy crap on a donkey! You do realize that you can pretty much "debunk" anything if you really try right? Here's people and here's people reaching. Reach for it, reach for it TAPS is fake. wtf. I'm sure Grant setup a string to pull his hood on live television and nobody noticed. Please. The risk/reward of a stunt like that is no where near worth it and he never would have. My opinion. Do I think Grant over acts and things are exgerated at times? Sure, but I don't think they actually fake anything and I still don't think that reflection with the 2 on it was Grant.

Yes, a client, is much more reliable than a one-sided argument posted by a couple of kids who want to ruin a team,

:lol: one sided? Maybe in your contention, but no Ms Crow this is not one-sided nor is it a couple of kids, this is a prevalent and growing exponentially in exposure of paranormal frauds, TAPs is on the list an yes I agree whoo Hoo!
despite there being no substantial--professional--analysis to prove such. The absolute only word you have to go on that TAPS is faking is the observation of people who have nothing better to do with their spare time. I reiterate: It is a one-sided argument. The users are biased.

Ms Crow, let me assure you as a prevalent REAL member of the paranormal community, SCI_FAKE and Ron Tebo are very creditable and respected not a couple of “kids” :lol: also let me add Sci-fake is not biased against the TRUTH :tu: and I have seen retractions if necessary and fairness used even with Jason and Grant, let me suggest again you do a little more real time in the community before making such closed minded conclusions, you need to weigh this logically and with skepticism backed by your own research into what maybe going on right under your nose Ms Crow.

Woo! TAPS is on a list. Once again, I'm sure this is one-sided.

Yes, sorry Ms Crow but TAPS is listed and the evidence is tremendous against FAKERY…that Ms Crow is a fact and not one-sided with many real community contrabutions from REAL reasearchers.

Edited by Perish Priest

Y'all are nothing but a bunch of TAPS haters here! Holy crap on a donkey! You do realize that you can pretty much "debunk" anything if you really try right?

I'm not a TAPS hater and I agree you can debunk most things, personal experience is the only way we'll every know for sure.

Also, regarding the window/Grants a bad boy posts, I haven't seen the Meatloaf episode, I think we're way behind here in the UK but I would like to see the whole show in context, tape it and have a good look myself of it in context. That's a problem with Youtube, I couldn't tell what was going on from that snippet, the whole episode needs to be watched.

:lol: one sided? Maybe in your contention, but no Ms Crow this is not one-sided nor is it a couple of kids, this is a prevalent and growing exponentially in exposure of paranormal frauds, TAPs is on the list an yes I agree whoo Hoo!

Yes, one sided. I would like to see this "SciFake" take any evidence from the GH show and NOT try to "debunk" it. As Timmah said, you can debunk anything, even without trying. All it takes is someone to say, "No, this could have happened instead," and there you go. Given that there is no scientific experiment to follow for the paranormal, you CAN debunk 99.9% of all paranormal experiences. That doesn't make them mundane, does it? You can given an explanation to anything, but given we are no closer to understanding the supernatural, I'm going to wager you will NEVER get the "yes" answer to any evidence that any group presents.

It is because of that that this is one-sided. Their only goal is to disprove TAPS, to make them look like foul, loathsome little creatures, instead of actually putting their effort into something productive.

What kind of "real" researchers? I said professionals. Given there are no professionals in the paranormal, I hope you don't mean other investigators.

Yes, one sided. I would like to see this "SciFake" take any evidence from the GH show and NOT try to "debunk" it. As Timmah said, you can debunk anything, even without trying. All it takes is someone to say, "No, this could have happened instead," and there you go. Given that there is no scientific experiment to follow for the paranormal, you CAN debunk 99.9% of all paranormal experiences. That doesn't make them mundane, does it? You can given an explanation to anything, but given we are no closer to understanding the supernatural, I'm going to wager you will NEVER get the "yes" answer to any evidence that any group presents.

It is because of that that this is one-sided. Their only goal is to disprove TAPS, to make them look like foul, loathsome little creatures, instead of actually putting their effort into something productive.

What kind of "real" researchers? I said professionals. Given there are no professionals in the paranormal, I hope you don't mean other investigators.

What scientific research is required to establish that the window was open in the Meatloaf episode? :hmm:

That was clearly closed when Grant placed the water bottle next to it and asked The spooky ghost to move it as a sign to the meatmiester :lol: anybody with an IQ over 50 and not blind can see this. There is no disputing this they are fakes and despicable and harmful to the paranormal community and does a great disservice to the advance of paranormal research. But on the upside in the future if you ever happen have a clogged toilet there is a very good chance that Jason and Grant might show up with a roto-rooter rod in hand, considering just how many of the over 50 IQ crowd are denouncing them as the ridicules paranormal frauds that they are, unless you consider bad acting and cheep parlor hoaxes entertainment; I suggest watching a good horror movie as Ohio traveler stated. :w00t:

AGAIN does anybody dispute the open window proof in the Meatloaf episode? If not then there is NO doubt they are fakes and frauds indeed

Edited by Perish Priest

I haven't seen any of these fakerys, I've seen the bedclothes being pulled on the Queen Mary but they debunked that themselves and said someone from the ship had been tampering.

We don't get a lot of Halloween programming here in England (although we've had an 8 day live marathon of Most Haunted - arn't we the lucky <_<). Usually BBC1 will put Halloween the movie on at about 11.00pm, but that's about it.

11.20 BBC 2, followed by Halloween II. It just doesn't get any better than that.

I facepalm because I do not see any truth here. If you consider videos proof of fakery, then you'll excuse me if I want to see the truth of the paranormal in the same videos? That doesn't mean I do, of course, but you understand where I'm coming from? I have absolutely no reason to believe your "researchers", other than some shoddy video debunking something that a three year old could point out. That, again, goes to say that anyone can debunk anything if they so chose to do so.

Edited by Ebonykrow

What scientific research is required to establish that the window was open in the Meatloaf episode? :hmm:

That was clearly closed when Grant placed the water bottle next to it and asked The spooky ghost to move it as a sign to the meatmiester :lol: anybody with an IQ over 50 and not blind can see this. There is no disputing this they are fakes and despicable and harmful to the paranormal community and does a great disservice to the advance of paranormal research. But on the upside in the future if you ever happen have a clogged toilet there is a very good chance that Jason and Grant might show up with a roto-rooter rod in hand, considering just how many of the over 50 IQ crowd are denouncing them as the ridicules paranormal frauds that they are, unless you consider bad acting and cheep parlor hoaxes entertainment; I suggest watching a good horror movie as Ohio traveler stated. :w00t:

AGAIN does anybody dispute the open window proof in the Meatloaf episode? If not then there is NO doubt they are fakes and frauds indeed

I facepalm because I do not see any truth here. If you consider videos proof of fakery, then you'll excuse me if I want to see the truth of the paranormal in the same videos? That doesn't mean I do, of course, but you understand where I'm coming from? I have absolutely no reason to believe your "researchers", other than some shoddy video debunking something that a three year old could point out. That, again, goes to say that anyone can debunk anything if they so chose to do so.

Yes I have to agree with you about TAPs they can't even do FAKERY right!:D Yes a three year old could point it out so we do agree on that Ms Crow :w00t: you certainly do not have to believe anything you choose not to, as I stated above but the TRUTH is there and its just the way it is, you are not a member of the REAL paranormal community, but mearly a forum poster with misconceptions as to whats real about a TV show where two roto-rooter plumbers strike it rich ghostbusting! :rolleyes: you know it is on the SyFy channel and a TV show ..don't you? its fake Ms Crow... :yes:

Edited by Perish Priest

So, seeing as I'm going nowhere but in a circle, with this "truth" being literally choked down me with no alternative, I'd like to see what others anticipate from the live event. :tu:

Edited by Ebonykrow

I'm going to be watching it. I can't wait!!

So where is Essex County Hospital? What state? Just wondering. Though I'll find out tomorrow.

What time?

I'm sorry, I don't think I put down as a topic 'Does TAPS Fake their evidence Part 2'! I'm sure it asks 'Who is going to watch it on Halloween?'!

Thank you to thoes who said yes they are or no their not. Thank You.

Edited by Ufo Believer

I'm sorry, I don't think I put down as a topic 'Does TAPS Fake their evidence Part 2'! I'm sure it asks 'Who is going to watch it on Halloween?'!

Thank you to thoes who said yes they are or no their not. Thank You.

But the fakery is part of the live show UFO man...btw I want to answer your question yes I will be watching to make sure I dont miss another episode of fakery , I love a good laugh! :tu:

Edited by Perish Priest

11.20 BBC 2, followed by Halloween II. It just doesn't get any better than that.

HAAAA really! Just shows you how predictable the Beeb are. Honestly, if you look next year, it'll be the same. It's like My Fair Lady on Boxing Day - it's gonna happen.

Edited by Regency

I think Essex Hospital is in New Jersey. Just guessing, because of the Essex County Jail they were at not long ago. xD

The History of Essex Hospital.

From - Wikipedia

In 1896, a large portion of land was purchased by the City of Newark, New Jersey; the land was bought to build a new mental institution, known as Overbrook. During the late 1800s and early 1900s, many buildings were built that housed mental patients and other facilities, such as a power house, laundromat, and theater. In the winter of 1917, the hospital suffered a major catastrophe. The New York Times reported on the failure of the hospital's boilers and for weeks patients went without heat. Within 20 days, 24 people had died within the hospital's walls, some freezing to death in their beds. In the same time frame, 32 cases of frostbite were reported.

Dangerous overcrowding of mental institutions like this one were commonplace during the Great Depression when thousands of Americans were destitute, homeless, hungry and desperate for a roof over their heads, but state budget cuts issued at the time as well as subsequent World War II food ration cuts led to dismal living conditions and near starvation diets. The post World War II years brought more patients, when many veterans returned from overseas with problems such as post traumatic stress disorder, Hospital staff simply could not care for so many people, and the overall population suffered. Attempts at escape, violence among the residents, suicide, starvation, and frequent patient abuse and neglect by the overworked staff, led to many deaths. Many patients who where admitted were subjected to treatments such as electroconvulsive therapy, hydrotherapy, diathermy and prefrontal lobotomy. It has been stated by local historians that well over 10,000 deaths occurred at the Essex County Hospital Center.

During the 1960s and 1970s, with the introduction of anti-psychotic drugs the hospital's population decreased drastically. By the 1990s, the hospital had a very small population. There was no need for such a large facility anymore. In 2007, Essex County finally closed the hospital and decided to convert the grounds into a 90-acre (360,000 m2) county park instead of the originally planned construction of houses. Several buildings at the southern end of the site were demolished in late 2008. Before the demolition, the hospital was featured on the TV show Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters, the latter of which came to the conclusion that the building was indeed haunted by the spirits of those tormented souls who had suffered within its confines.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essex_County_Hospital_Center

I don't remember GH having gone there before. Must have missed that one. :(