Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supernatural

Tia

I tend to lose interest rather quickly on all these new shows, they start out so good most of the time. Then it wears out, they become so predictable that I just lose interest.

I feel this way about a lot of shows too, but I think Supernatural is one of the few shows that has actually gotten better with time. Season 1 was probably my least favorite and I didn't start getting addicted until the end of season 2. S5 and 4 have been my favorites overall and the show's still going strong IMO.

I started to watch SPN when it first started showing here. I watched the first to third series religiously, started to get bored after that. I liked the way the first series was mostly focused on urban myths and legends which the brothers had to debunk and often got themselves into trouble with. As soon as it started to follow a more... direct plot, it got a little boring. I still watch it now but I can't say I am as interested in it as I was during the first few seasons.

I did enjoy the input of the angels in the series, IMO the best part of the later ones. I still think they could have gone along with a better plot line if they'd kept Adam in it for longer or actually used him in a decent arc.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel this way about a lot of shows too, but I think Supernatural is one of the few shows that has actually gotten better with time. Season 1 was probably my least favorite and I didn't start getting addicted until the end of season 2. S5 and 4 have been my favorites overall and the show's still going strong IMO.

I love every season of Supernatural

I have been watching season 6 on line

My fav season however has to be season 5

• 2 weeks later...

i have to say that it is a very good show, i like to so much i'm the owner of all the seasons, and i cant wait to see how season 6 ends

I love the show. Dean is my favorite character personally. :blush:

I started watching it about a month ago, and i'm on season 3 right now. One of my fave shows. :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

I just gave up on this show, but I'm sooo very tempted to keep watching on... I don't know why but it's probably because of my man-love for Dean.

hey i just realized that since this show got a major success going on, and since it isn't on fox, do you think it would have last longer then a typical fox show if it was on fox at all?

Sarah Connor Chronicles only lasted for two years, and now its on the SCFY channel. With it on scyfy channel does anyone see the possibility of that show being rebooted as well into newer seasons?

hey i just realized that since this show got a major success going on, and since it isn't on fox, do you think it would have last longer then a typical fox show if it was on fox at all?

Sarah Connor Chronicles only lasted for two years, and now its on the SCFY channel. With it on scyfy channel does anyone see the possibility of that show being rebooted as well into newer seasons?

If Supernatural was on Fox, it may have lasted longer than most Fox shows – but probably not as long as it has on the CW network. There is a specific kind of audience that at are attracted to the CW -- it has a completely different brand Identity. You've also got to look at ratings: Supernatural season 5 had a steady 2-3million viewers per week and was subsequently renewed by the CW for a sixth season. Sarah Connor had the same sort of figures (sightly higher by half a million) but was not renewed and instead cancelled by Fox.

So either Fox requires higher ratings because it's more of a major network, or Sarah Connor was costing way more than a show like Supernatural to justify it's continuation.

Edited by Dr Strange

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked the series through the end of season 5 (although I had issues with what were done to the pagan gods). I thought it was a good place to end. I tried watching season 6 for a few episodes, but couldn't get into it at all.

I wish their was a channel that would air this, Mad Mad House (and do more seasons of it), and other shows of the same type.

Scifi channel used to be good <sigh>. Now it's all wrestling and bad 'big animal' movies.

Edited by veledran

• 4 months later...

Great show.....Wish they Would Make a New Series

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen every episode. I'm on season 7 now; Love it!

I've seen every episode. I'm on season 7 now; Love it!

Me too.. I watched up to episode 5.. the one about the Witch couple fighting lol...

I just watched season 7 episode 7 last night. Dean my fantasy guy, the character not the actor that plays him lol.

This season seems to be going back to some of the roots a lot of different hunting. I loved the quip I think it was eps 3 Dean calling Sam 'Girl Interrupted'.

SPOILERS....

I did read that Cass may be brought back in some form and one of the man characters will get married! I hope not because the basis of the show has always been on the brothers and them working together no matter whether things are going good or bad.

Just looked Sams the groom and it must be in the next couple of episodes. Being outside of America I can't open the preview though.

• 4 weeks later...

I need help with this...

I cannot find the spoiler function...I am about to ask about to ask about season 7, episode 10.... so SPOILER ALERT...BELOW

Question.. does this mean Bobby is gone for good from the show?

OMG! is anyone up to date here? I can't believe what they've basically 99.9% done. :cry:

I don't want to spoil it for others but want to talk about the current episodes, I think they're having a six week break or so before returning to the US which is where I get my hits from.

Gerri, just noticed your post and wrote heaps before accidentally deleting it ARGHHHHH! Yes that was what I was talking about, unless by some miracle........ Bobby was in cardiac arrest, brain damaged and had said his goodbyes.

I love perving at Dean, but just Sam and Dean would not make the show. They still rely on Bobby for so much.

Edited by Tia

OMG! is anyone up to date here? I can't believe what they've basically 99.9% done. :cry:

I don't want to spoil it for others but want to talk about the current episodes, I think they're having a six week break or so before returning to the US which is where I get my hits from.

Gerri, just noticed your post and wrote heaps before accidentally deleting it ARGHHHHH! Yes that was what I was talking about, unless by some miracle........ Bobby was in cardiac arrest, brain damaged and had said his goodbyes.

They are not showing another episode until Jan 2nd 2012...DRAT.... I want to see what happens to Bobby... MAYBE it was all a dream.. and Sam & Dean wake up and find Bobby in the shower w00t.gif ...( if you ever recall Dallas lol)

He might come back.. after all how many times has Dean and Sam been killed lol.... They have more lives than a cat

Ohh and I believe there is another 2 seasons of Supernatural all ready signed up.... YES...

My favourite baddie in Supernatural has to be ....... Crowley ... he is brilliant.. ( I think I spelled his name right lol)

Edited by Beckys_Mom

• 3 weeks later...

My mum mentioned today that she thought she saw an ad for Supernatural but they play the old eps on Friday nights here but going by your date they may have been showing the return of this season. Will just have to keep an eye on foxtel and the net.

Crowley's so funny, I loved it when he made Bobby seal the deal the usual way with a big kiss. He brings some humour to his dark character.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah it's back again! Did anyone watch?

The one were Dean goes back to the 1940's..and meets Elliot Ness?.....If so.. YES...And only Dean would have to mention the move - The Untouchables lol tongue.gif

But now.. it is taking another break..!!!.....I was looking forward to this weeks....But nope it is not on agian till Feb 3rd ...sheeeeesh..

But good news is.. there is going to be a series 8 ......

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I saw the last one and noticed there wasn't a new one to download. I'm going to be o/s when it returns will have to download and catch up when I get back.

Here's some Dean to keep us happy till then lol.

Dean-supernatural-16025665-472-700.jpg

I saw the last one and noticed there wasn't a new one to download. I'm going to be o/s when it returns will have to download and catch up when I get back.

Here's some Dean to keep us happy till then lol.

Dean-supernatural-16025665-472-700.jpg

I have another to watch after the Untouchables ... I think it is aired this week in the USA.. i can download it ..

I may be calling my new born son after him - Aaron Jensen Kerr...My hubby thinks the name is cool

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I have another to watch after the Untouchables ... I think it is aired this week in the USA.. i can download it ..

I may be calling my new born son after him - Aaron Jensen Kerr...My hubby thinks the name is cool

I love that name!

I haven't had cable for a while, I have to catch up on all the new episodes!

I love that name!

I haven't had cable for a while, I have to catch up on all the new episodes!

There was a new episode shown in the US last night.. So I have to download that...