Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do you perceive Halloween ?

UM-Bot

For many Halloween is a time for fun and dressing up, but for others it has a greater significance - some believe it to be a time for tradition and celebration while others perceive it as something altogether more sinister.

"Witches, beware. Mummies, be gone. Halloween may be a celebration of all things creepy and macabre, but a growing number of US communities are shunning traditional ghoulish festivities, seen by some as tainted by association with paganism and the occult."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Associated Press

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• meankitty

• TRUEYOUTRUEME

• s6000nx

Top Posters In This Topic

Gimme a flyin' break. Let's get rid of Halloween, because it may offend some of the (mostly illegal, remember) immigrant's precious lil' feelings. Am I the only one to think that we as a country have been crawling up way too much underserving foreign ***?

Gimme a flyin' break. Let's get rid of Halloween, because it may offend some of the (mostly illegal, remember) immigrant's precious lil' feelings. Am I the only one to think that we as a country have been crawling up way too much underserving foreign ***?

OK, undeserving foreign donkey.

I perceive Hallo ween (between) to be a cylical point along a cosmic journey whereas we open a door towards death and the point in time of a cycle whereas we will be furthest from our Sun. The coming months will bring us to the point of no return. Whereas we make payments to Life in the form of celebration and gifts in order to replenish our desire to endure and live again. And then of course repeat this cycle.

I believe in God and I am a Christian and I enjoyed Halloween when I was a kid. I dont see it as having any spiritual aspect to it. In my experience its just an annual tradition of putting on a silly costume and going from door to door begging for candy from total strangers. If you think about it all that gooey sugar is bad for your body. It does help keep the dentist in business though.

Edited by s6000nx

It's a bit of fun.

Being a Pagan, Halloween or Samhain is a major holiday. We all get together and have a ritual to honor our loved ones who have passed on, then we have a potluck and a party. I don't really care what the town does, I am going to have my celebration anyway. It is an important part of my religion.

Yu have every right to your celebration Darkwind. To me Halloween is a time to dress up and have a lot of fun. Who doesn't like a good spook story. :yes:

Yu have every right to your celebration Darkwind. To me Halloween is a time to dress up and have a lot of fun. Who doesn't like a good spook story. :yes:

agreed :yes:

helloween is just another day for adults to get drunk. and for kids to get candy, this is a good thing.

Blessed Be Darkwind hope you had a great halloween.

This is the first year I haven't managed to celebrate halloween for a long time but I did go out for a nice Indian meal with my girlfriend and my dad and her parents. First time they have met so was quite a night I must say.

Articles like that one drive me mad, imagine the out cry if I was to say that I was offended by christmas. Goddess forbid I was to complain that I had to put up with every store in the country going christmas mad 3 months before the event.

Halloween is one night a year and is a pagan festival why shouldn't we be aloud to celebrate it just like christians get to celebrate christmas oh yeah and easter and how many other holidays throughout the year. I'm forcing myself not to get into a rant that they stole christmas from the pagans in the first place.

It makes me mad and we hear stories like this every year. Enoughs enough, so much for everyone respecting each others religious beliefs.

Anyways I hope everyone had a fantastic Halloween and may the tradition continue for ever.

Edited by Elphame

Its a time that me and my friends get together, dress in a silly fashion (I was a parody of my university's astronomy department haha), eat good food, play silly games, and watch awful hilarious horror movies and/or Mel Brooks movies.

Its also the night I first kissed someone special to me right now. :blush:

That's the extent of its significance to me, and minus the kiss its significance to the vast VAST majority of the population. In fact, unless you are part of some pagan group that celebrates it as an actual holiday, I completely fail to see why it would be significant at all.