Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your God Doesn't Care About You

lookingfortruth

I have a very short, and to the point topic. Sense many of you believe in god and insist he is with you always, I'm just curious, what has god EVER done for you? What has god EVER done on this earth, in the modern day, that has benifited you HERE? if he loved you so much, why does he insist on doing nothing for you or anyone else, even when there are millions upon millions of people suffering today? Anything that benefits humanity, if it can be proven, counts :)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MARAB0D

• Sherapy

• ChloeB

• Beckys_Mom

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you seriously asking if our creator has ever done anything for us?

indeed I am, and I still haven't seen any answers. would you be able to tell me what kind of positive things god has done for humanity lately?

Edited by lookingfortruth

Well, he blessed me with two redundant nipples.

we gotta start somewhere! lol. would it be safe to assume thats sarcasm? ;)

we gotta start somewhere! lol. would it be safe to assume thats sarcasm? ;)

Well I was going to write about African famine or something but I thought the nipples argument might be less of a bummer so early on in the thread.

I have a very short, and to the point topic. Sense many of you believe in god and insist he is with you always, I'm just curious, what has god EVER done for you? What has god EVER done on this earth, in the modern day, that has benifited you HERE? if he loved you so much, why does he insist on doing nothing for you or anyone else, even when there are millions upon millions of people suffering today? Anything that benefits humanity, if it can be proven, counts :)

Yeah its called faith. God has done so much just letting feel like his there. People suffering has to do with other people for the most part. If people loved like jesus called us to much of the suffering wouldnt exist.

I have a very short, and to the point topic. Sense many of you believe in god and insist he is with you always, I'm just curious, what has god EVER done for you? What has god EVER done on this earth, in the modern day, that has benifited you HERE? if he loved you so much, why does he insist on doing nothing for you or anyone else, even when there are millions upon millions of people suffering today? Anything that benefits humanity, if it can be proven, counts original.gif

I was waiting on you to break out and do an Janet Jackson number on us --> What have you done for me latley?w00t.gif

Ok in answer to the question...........what has god done for me - answer is - a lot

What has god done for the world? - Answer - I dont know and done care............... My priorities lay with my family and me

What proof do I or any other believer need to give?...............Answer - NO...because what god has done for each one of us, its called a personal experience and ye can go and mind your own bees waxw00t.giflaugh.gif just kidding...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

You won't get a straight answer on this one mate......God created us, if we doubt him we'll go to hell and be make to watch puppies be tortured...if there's any bad in the world it's either the Devil's fault or ours because we didn't listen to Jesus properly (let's forget that God's own chosen People, the Catholic church are responsible for more evil in recent years....let's not forget the priests of the US and Ireland eh? If priests are capable of the worst of evils.........so if they can't listen to what Jesus said properly, what hope is there for us?), or that we're being tested by what is, to be frank quite a seemingly very petty and bitter deity who enjoys making His creations suffer (or is it tough for Him to be so petty, thus we must feel compassion for Him?).....no Christian will admit to these accusations though because, like all humans, their cupidity won't let them......God allegedly created us and is in charge of all stuff that happens.....that he will keep an eye on us and we're the most important things going as far as He is concerned stands to reason......can't have a Creator who simply Creates on this world and then moves on to the next one.....and the next one....and the next one after that...........the universe is infinate after all and, according to Christians and other religious folk, He Created the whole lot, only to spend all His time watching over one world inside of all Infinty (he was bored, you know how Sundays are!) ALL the time because we're special after all........so no, they won't discuss this seriously at all......their own regular guilt in committing the Deadly Sin of Pride daily will not allow them to.........

God created us, if we doubt him we'll go to hell and be make to watch puppies be tortured

You are either having a laugh..and if that was a joke..it was a BAD one........or you are serious and out of your treeblink.gif WTF?

You are either having a laugh..and if that was a joke..it was a BAD one........or you are serious and out of your treeblink.gif WTF?

I hope it was serious because it was hilarious.

Despite some believers expressed here the pov that personal wealth is a reward for personal faith, these were only those who 100% go to heavens or even shall be prematurely raptured. Majority of the believers, however, do not enter mercantile relationships with God, and hardly would be able to answer clearly what exactly God ever done for them. I think this question is wrong, be it addressed to a believer or a non-believer, as neither God is accepted for "him" doing anything good to a person, not God is denied because "he" failed to do anything good. God is discarded not for some particular wrong-doing but on the basis of the lack of evidence of "his" existence. And accepted despite such lack of evidence. God is a dream, some like to have it, and some do not have it ever. What good a Dream can do to us?

He's provided all of us with a way to avoid the eternal consequences of our actions, and He has made Himself available for a personal relationship. He's given us life and the ability to make choices. He's given me eternal life.

He has saved my life physically on a number of occasions. He has also empowered and enriched me physically, spiritually, and psychologically.

As a result of those two things, I personally have saved the physical life of at least 3 people, and changed the fortunes of about a hundred others through help with education, water and sewerage facilities, small loans for starting family business, and providing a green house so that villagers in mongolia have the chance to eat a beter diet, including vegetables.

None of this is to my credit. None of it would have happened without gods physical presence in my life for the last 37 years. Multiply that by another half a dozen people i know personlly who do the same thing, and just in my immediate circle, you see god directly benefitting 500 people at least, who would be dead, or worse off than they are today, if he had not manifested in OUR lives.

It is not gods role to change the earth and improve the lot of people in it. He gave us the talents and wisdom to do this. We only have to make a choice to act.

Whether salvation exists in an after life or not, Human salvation today, on this earth, depends on us. God, however, can help, empower and motivate us in this work.

Yeah its called faith. God has done so much just letting feel like his there. People suffering has to do with other people for the most part. If people loved like jesus called us to much of the suffering wouldnt exist.

Say that to the starving. loving an imaginary being in the sky isn't going to bring them food is it? Sure, i could right a book telling people to act a certain way, anyone could! And if that was god's goal why didn't he just end all suffering then instead of telling us to do it? Lazy lazy lazy

He's provided all of us with a way to avoid the eternal consequences of our actions, and He has made Himself available for a personal relationship. He's given us life and the ability to make choices. He's given me eternal life.

I asked for things that could be proven in the modern day. none of this can be, therefore doesn't apply to the argument.

Two way street. What have you done for God lately?

I had lived my life for god before and see no difference not doing it now.

It is not gods role to change the earth and improve the lot of people in it.

So he puts me on the world to fix all of his mistakes? Lazy lazy lazy

You won't get a straight answer on this one mate......God created us, if we doubt him we'll go to hell and be make to watch puppies be tortured...if there's any bad in the world it's either the Devil's fault or ours because we didn't listen to Jesus properly (let's forget that God's own chosen People, the Catholic church are responsible for more evil in recent years....let's not forget the priests of the US and Ireland eh? If priests are capable of the worst of evils.........so if they can't listen to what Jesus said properly, what hope is there for us?), or that we're being tested by what is, to be frank quite a seemingly very petty and bitter deity who enjoys making His creations suffer (or is it tough for Him to be so petty, thus we must feel compassion for Him?).....no Christian will admit to these accusations though because, like all humans, their cupidity won't let them......God allegedly created us and is in charge of all stuff that happens.....that he will keep an eye on us and we're the most important things going as far as He is concerned stands to reason......can't have a Creator who simply Creates on this world and then moves on to the next one.....and the next one....and the next one after that...........the universe is infinate after all and, according to Christians and other religious folk, He Created the whole lot, only to spend all His time watching over one world inside of all Infinty (he was bored, you know how Sundays are!) ALL the time because we're special after all........so no, they won't discuss this seriously at all......their own regular guilt in committing the Deadly Sin of Pride daily will not allow them to.........

thank you for this post :tu:

Say that to the starving. loving an imaginary being in the sky isn't going to bring them food is it? Sure, i could right a book telling people to act a certain way, anyone could! And if that was god's goal why didn't he just end all suffering then instead of telling us to do it? Lazy lazy lazy

So you would prefer living a self aware life where, either you could think a harmful thought but god stopped you from acting on it, or you were incapable of even formulating a harmful thought? God cannot stop us from commiting evil, without removing our free will, or our freedom to act on that will.

Its not laziness, its one of the laws of universal consequence which applies to any sapient being, even god.

Not me mate. I prefer living in a world where i can think and act freely , where my choices are mine, where i am acountable and where i can make a difference . A world where i can learn, mature, grow and develop.

If that means i have the freedom to make mistakes, see the consequences and learn from them, then do be it.

To me, that is infinitely preferrable to the alternative, which is not a fully sapient and self aware life at all.

I chose my actions, using every aspect of my intelligence, and with the human ability to divide time into past future and present, and further analyse cause and effect and considercost benefit analysis. I like being able to understand how i can exchange immediate outcomes, for potential outcomes, by altering my behavour.

In other words i like the way god made me and you. But i acccept responsibility for my thoughts and deeds. The real problem is, how few humans truly do.

The many books of god, in general, tell us how to regard self and fellow man, and how to act towards self and others. They educate us in assuming responsibility and in having the ethical knowledge to enable us to act wisely and with positive consequence.

This has so many benefits over simply compelling us Why , some of us may even grow and develop into wise spiritually balanced beings who chose a constructive pathway betwen the physical and the spiritual and become more fully what humans all have the potential to become.

Compulsion completely restricts and limits human potential. Freewill enables almost limitless potentiality. God guides, and helps us try to survive, through that dangerous period of spiritual/physical adolescence, where we are capable of self destruction and of destroying all life in our local universe.

If he is a hard but loving parent, then that may give us the best chance of living to species maturity.

Edited by Mr Walker

I had lived my life for god before and see no difference not doing it now.

So what exactly are you doing differently? Why did you make the choice to change?

So he puts me on the world to fix all of his mistakes? Lazy lazy lazy

They aren't his mistakes. This world is shaped by our choices. When we make a choice that results in a negative outcome it's up to us to correct it. You say God is lazy but you are the one who wants him to come down and fix all of your mistakes for you. Lazy lazy lazy.

or you could easily say he has set up eternal damnation......

Available in what way? I've tried my *** off to get any type of feed back from him when I did believe in him, but nothing. I guess I was doing something wrong, in which case he's apparantly elusive and uncaring if one wants to seek him but doesn't understand how, and then willing to condemn that person for it.

Edited by ShaunZero

It appears god loves by region not belief. Many in the west still believe in this stuff and thats kinda funny as god is required to help those that can help themselves. The ones that can't help themselves god ignores. Why do millions that have nothing, no food, no medicine, no water, no future still believe in god? Why do we pray to win the lotto and others pray for a bowl of rice. Does the belief in god bring more harm than good? Look into it and it might shock you. Whats that saying about adults that have imaginary friends?

You made me choke on my water, lolol. And blessed you are indeed.

You know I could go on and on about all the posts made here, but Ill just get to the point. People say well god gave me the strength to do something or god helped me get a job, god got me off the streets, god got me off drugs. This is the same god that lets children in 3rd world countries die, the same god that allows children to be raped and murdered, the same god that lets people kill each other....Well I have a huge surprise for you. ITS NOT GOD. People them selfs do these things...basic example, God helped me quit smoking, Did he? Or did pray to god for help to stop smoking? In that case why not pray to me I bet you, you would have the same result....well maybe not because you asked god...but in reality, you decided you wanted to quit smoking. So you stopped. God didn't make you or help you....it was a personal choice...but you tell yourself that god helped. God doesn't let children starve, god doesn't let children to be raped and murdered, and god doesn't kill PEOPLE DO THESE THINGS!!!! Everyone is so quick to put the blame on something or someone. Do you realize that religion has been responsible for more deaths than all the worlds wars combined?? I think that all these Christians need to re-read there bibles from the start to finish...because its all there in black and white!!!! And I mean really read it!

I did see someone post that they used to live for god but doesn't anymore and realized no difference....I to was a born again Christian when I was 9 I did the whole church thing and accepted jesus into my heart....and when I was 16 and saw the world for what it was I no longer lived my life for god I live my life for myself. Now don't get me wrong I don't think theres anything wrong with believing in god, it keeps us honest, it gives us something to live for and I think thats a great thing. I just have to say that I personally believe its BS....Just my opinion :)