Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your God Doesn't Care About You

lookingfortruth

or you could easily say he has set up eternal damnation......

Or you could take responsibility and admit you make the decisions that have set you on that path.

Available in what way? I've tried my *** off to get any type of feed back from him when I did believe in him, but nothing. I guess I was doing something wrong, in which case he's apparantly elusive and uncaring if one wants to seek him but doesn't understand how, and then willing to condemn that person for it.

I'm truly sorry you did not get the response you wanted or felt you needed. I know Christians who have had experiences very similar to Mr. Walker's that left them with no way to doubt the presence of God and I know Christians who know God and yet have never even had the slightest "sense" of His presence, they just know He is there by examining their lives and His creation.

Edited by IamsSon

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MARAB0D

• Sherapy

• ChloeB

• Beckys_Mom

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Christians who know God and yet have never even had the slightest "sense" of His presence, they just know He is there by examining their lives and His creation.

Don't make a lick of sense here..............they have NEVER had the slightest sense of his presence........and yet know he is there? what?

How can anyone know god is there and not even sense his presence? that just doesnt sound right lol

No man knows god..................they just know OF god ...never ever will I ever believe that any man KNOWS god..even on a personal level...I just believe that they wish they did...and have convinced themselves they do....

I have a very short, and to the point topic. Sense many of you believe in god and insist he is with you always, I'm just curious, what has god EVER done for you? What has god EVER done on this earth, in the modern day, that has benifited you HERE? if he loved you so much, why does he insist on doing nothing for you or anyone else, even when there are millions upon millions of people suffering today? Anything that benefits humanity, if it can be proven, counts :)

You mean, "Why doesn't God do something BIG and MIRACULOUS for me?" LFT, the everyday experience of life, from a biological level to the metaphysical level, is an act of God's intentional grace. The fact that we exist instead of not exist is a gift from God. Our lives, no matter how painful and heartbreaking, is better off than no life at all. Life is a gift, and to underplay life because of our sufferings is either an act of ignorance or an act of pride. If my family died, I was left jobless, and had nothing left in this life, I would still have my life. What has God done for me? He has been good to me. And if he had given me trouble, He still gave me Christ (the greatest gift ever!).

God doesn't answer to us because our suffering demands it. God answers us when and if He wants to. It wouldn't be love if He didn't reserve the right to withhold it. To go on thinking we deserve God's love is to speak of an oxymoron. Love isn't giving someone what they deserve. Love is giving someone what they don't deserve because you care about them. God's greatest demonstration of His self-giving and intentional love is the life of Jesus Christ.

God does not answer to us. He gave us the gift of life, not the other way around. We answer to Him.

You mean, "Why doesn't God do something BIG and MIRACULOUS for me?" LFT, the everyday experience of life, from a biological level to the metaphysical level, is an act of God's intentional grace. The fact that we exist instead of not exist is a gift from God. Our lives, no matter how painful and heartbreaking, is better off than no life at all. Life is a gift, and to underplay life because of our sufferings is either an act of ignorance or an act of pride. If my family died, I was left jobless, and had nothing left in this life, I would still have my life. What has God done for me? He has been good to me. And if he had given me trouble, He still gave me Christ (the greatest gift ever!).

God doesn't answer to us because our suffering demands it. God answers us when and if He wants to. It wouldn't be love if He didn't reserve the right to withhold it. To go on thinking we deserve God's love is to speak of an oxymoron. Love isn't giving someone what they deserve. Love is giving someone what they don't deserve because you care about them. God's greatest demonstration of His self-giving and intentional love is the life of Jesus Christ.

God does not answer to us. He gave us the gift of life, not the other way around. We answer to Him.

Bluef, again you are back to square one! This was an OP, addressed to a single person - how many of you are here today? Your multiplicity of personalities is impressing, as you sure cannot just speak of yourself without using all these "us", "our", "we" and other plural references to yourself. Its a forum, you have one account only!

I have a very short, and to the point topic. Sense many of you believe in god and insist he is with you always, I'm just curious, what has god EVER done for you? What has god EVER done on this earth, in the modern day, that has benifited you HERE? if he loved you so much, why does he insist on doing nothing for you or anyone else, even when there are millions upon millions of people suffering today? Anything that benefits humanity, if it can be proven, counts original.gif

Okay 'Lookingfortruth' I haven't read through all of the posts, but enough to know that people will try to validate their belief in the God of Creation enough to say He has done PILES of things for them.

My response to your question is this:

My God, the god of the belief I have that states He/male and infinitismally correct in all His endevours, hasn't done anything for me ever.

People, friends, acquaintances, family member, complete strangers, they have 'done for me' when I needed help, it was "People/Human-beings' who have helped me.

Spiritually enclined people, will say, "Aaaaagh, but that was God working through them...." S* I * T *!!!! THATwas PEOPLE!! Human's, no god/deity workings AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or you could take responsibility and admit you make the decisions that have set you on that path.

I'm truly sorry you did not get the response you wanted or felt you needed. I know Christians who have had experiences very similar to Mr. Walker's that left them with no way to doubt the presence of God and I know Christians who know God and yet have never even had the slightest "sense" of His presence, they just know He is there by examining their lives and His creation.

I did everything that I personally could, and if I did something or missed something, obviously it's not easy to know the perfect way to go about it. After doing that and seeing absolutely no evidence of god from that perspective, I started looking for actual evidence of his existence. Needless to say I came up short, and that's an understatement. I was left without any reason or explanation to justify my belief in god, and left without any reason to believe one religion over another and left without any reason to believe in any god. I did what I could, so if there is a god, apparantly he's pretty sick in the head if he'd condemn a person to hell for simply not being convinced, even after trying to convince himself.

Edited by ShaunZero

I did everything that I personally could, and if I did something or missed something, obviously it's not easy to know the perfect way to go about it. After doing that and seeing absolutely no evidence of god from that perspective, I started looking for actual evidence of his existence. Needless to say I came up short, and that's an understatement. I was left without any reason or explanation to justify my belief in god, and left without any reason to believe one religion over another and left without any reason to believe in any god. I did what I could, so if there is a god, apparantly he's pretty sick in the head if he'd condemn a person to hell for simply not being convinced, even after trying to convince himself.

Shaun, are you free to make the decisions you want or is someone/something forcing you to choose?

Shaun, are you free to make the decisions you want or is someone/something forcing you to choose?

You may find it unusual, but I would agree - any human has Free Will, so what one chooses is not anyone else's business as soon as there is no breach of existing law.

"if it can be proven, it counts"

I'm talking on a worldwide scale, god has never helped anyone. Its been us helping us, and whenever that happens god is nowhere to be found. All of what you just wrote is based on an assumption.

Okay 'Lookingfortruth' I haven't read through all of the posts, but enough to know that people will try to validate their belief in the God of Creation enough to say He has done PILES of things for them.

My response to your question is this:

My God, the god of the belief I have that states He/male and infinitismally correct in all His endevours, hasn't done anything for me ever.

People, friends, acquaintances, family member, complete strangers, they have 'done for me' when I needed help, it was "People/Human-beings' who have helped me.

Spiritually enclined people, will say, "Aaaaagh, but that was God working through them...." S* I * T *!!!! THATwas PEOPLE!! Human's, no god/deity workings AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly, us helping us, and other people trying to give the sky the credit :)

They aren't his mistakes. This world is shaped by our choices. When we make a choice that results in a negative outcome it's up to us to correct it. You say God is lazy but you are the one who wants him to come down and fix all of your mistakes for you. Lazy lazy lazy.

so god intentionally creating an imperfect world full of sin and terrible things isn't his mistake? According to an all knowing god, this would have been easily forseable.

Edited by lookingfortruth

LFT, are you actually hoping for someone to convert you to Christianity? If not, move on and stop putting everything in a Christian perspective.

I'm talking on a worldwide scale, god has never helped anyone.

Gee hmm that makes you the most popular person on this planet........................for you have just implied you know so many peoples personal opinions on god...........and you know for a fact god hasnt helped them? ok how do you know this?

Gee hmm that makes you the most popular person on this planet........................for you have just implied you know so many peoples personal opinions on god...........and you know for a fact god hasnt helped them? ok how do you know this?

If god did help people, then why do 25000 people die of starvation each day? If he really did wouldn't that be picking and choosing, and what reason would he have of helping you or anyone else more privilaged than these 25000? sounds kinda mean don't it ;) Thats why I believe 100% of all stories of god helping people were either caused by human things, were fiction, or just plain speculation about an event. The bible teaches god loves us all, and picking and choosing does not constitute loving us all does it?

LFT, are you actually hoping for someone to convert you to Christianity? If not, move on and stop putting everything in a Christian perspective.

I've asked when god has ever helped anyone, if you don't want to read about the flaws in your religion don't read this thread, and both of your posts have shown me that you don't know of any times god has helped anyone.

I've asked when god has ever helped anyone, if you don't want to read about the flaws in your religion don't read this thread, and both of your posts have shown me that you don't know of any times god has helped anyone.

Just check out some of these sports figures being interviewed after a winning game or some of those that win a grammy and say, "I'd like to give a shout out to the man upstairs" or "give a holla to my man JC." Apparently, he just likes the winners, LFT. LOL, I always laugh when I see that and wonder what the guys who lost think about God now.

Edited by ChloeB

Just check out some of these sports figures being interviewed after a winning game or some of those that win a grammy and say, "I'd like to give a shout out to the man upstairs" or "give a holla to my man JC." Apparently, he just likes the winners, LFT. LOL, I always laugh when I see that and wonder what the guys who lost think about God now.

hahaha yes thats a very good point.

Clobear, great point girl ... I giggle on this also, I think they say anything to appease the fans, lets face it no fan base, no big money....tee hee....Its marketing ....

if they are in China I bet they are rubbing the buddha's belly, or Russia the atheists belly ha ha ha ha

I can't tell you how many stars I see on Get real with Bill Maher getting real about the g-d construct.... wink wink... tee hee....

its politics of making money, they say what will make the most money...

Edited by S♥ ♥ ♥

Every choice a person makes is caused by inner AND outer things. Especially when it comes to choosing whether something is worth believing in or not.

If god did help people, then why do 25000 people die of starvation each day? If he really did wouldn't that be picking and choosing, and what reason would he have of helping you or anyone else more privilaged than these 25000? sounds kinda mean don't it ;) Thats why I believe 100% of all stories of god helping people were either caused by human things, were fiction, or just plain speculation about an event. The bible teaches god loves us all, and picking and choosing does not constitute loving us all does it?

In fact its more than 35,000 children who die of starvation each day and that's just children, we haven't even touched on adults, but i get your point and a good one at that.

Be prepared for the "God helps them through other people" line..... its a popular theme and utter nonsense.

God is not All-Loving nor is God All-Powerful for if "it" was then it would rid everything that has caused destruction to mankind, from disease to famine etc, in order to live a "perfect" life since God is said to be "perfect" and we were created in His image.

Don't worry about him. He tends to be one of those people who just likes to spectate and then see's a post in which he has a momentary impulse to post and decides to type a few words which absolutely has nothing to do with the topic.... its a frequent occurrence.....it's annoying like a mosquito with hiccups but ignoring such people they eventually fly away... :lol:

Peace

T.I.G

Every choice a person makes is caused by inner AND outer things. Especially when it comes to choosing whether something is worth believing in or not.

I have said this a couple times and I'm so glad someone else sees it this way too!

In fact its more than 35,000 children who die of starvation each day and that's just children, we haven't even touched on adults, but i get your point and a good one at that.

Thank you for the correction :tu:

Sure, there are always external circumstances that limit choices, I mean if you're male, you cannot (given the current state of medicine) be pregnant, if you've flunked 12th grade you can't graduate, etc., and I know you're intelligent enough to know that. So, again, I ask: "Shaun, are you free to make the decisions you want or is someone/something forcing you to choose?"

Sure, there are always external circumstances that limit choices, I mean if you're male, you cannot (given the current state of medicine) be pregnant, if you've flunked 12th grade you can't graduate, etc., and I know you're intelligent enough to know that. So, again, I ask: "Shaun, are you free to make the decisions you want or is someone/something forcing you to choose?"

son If there is "always" external circumstances that limit choice isn't that forcing (motivating) towards a certain choice?

Edited by S♥ ♥ ♥

You purposley took what I said out of context. The outside variables are not limited to those which make things impossible, ie: being a male forces you to not be able to get pregnant. Take for instance, you have two routes in which to get from point a to point b which are "c" and "d". Your normal route is point c, but you've heard rumors that point c may be flooded. Nothing is stopping you from choosing route c, however, outside variables cause you to choose d instead. YOU made the decision, but BECAUSE of many variables.

No one forces me to not believe in god, however, the way the world is set up and appears, I have absolutely no reason to believe in him. I base my choices off of many things, and ignoring the objective or "outer" world while doing so would be ignorant. So the fact that there is no evidence I can find of god's existence, and the fact that god has never exposed himself to me in any way that I can understand it CAUSES me to have this opinion.

Edited by ShaunZero

You purposley took what I said out of context. The outside variables are not limited to those which make things impossible, ie: being a male forces you to not be able to get pregnant. Take for instance, you have two routes in which to get from point a to point b. Your normal route is point a, but you've heard rumors that point a may be flooded. Nothing is stopping you from choosing route a, however, outside variables cause you to choose b instead.

No one forces me to not believe in god, however, the way the world is set up and appears, I have absolutely no reason to believe in him. I base my choices off of many things, and ignoring the objective or "outer" world while doing so would be ignorant. So the fact that there is no evidence I can find of god's existence, and the fact that god has never exposed himself to me in any way that I can understand it CAUSES me to have this opinion.

Very well said Shaun, intelligent you are hun, Son had that right lol....:w00t:

You purposley took what I said out of context. The outside variables are not limited to those which make things impossible, ie: being a male forces you to not be able to get pregnant. Take for instance, you have two routes in which to get from point a to point b which are "c" and "d". Your normal route is point c, but you've heard rumors that point c may be flooded. Nothing is stopping you from choosing route c, however, outside variables cause you to choose d instead. YOU made the decision, but BECAUSE of many variables.

OK, so you are able to make choices. Do you take responsibility for the choices you make and the outcomes of those choices?

OK, so you are able to make choices. Do you take responsibility for the choices you make and the outcomes of those choices?

IamsSon we have argued this countless times.

Since you "believe" in God you are nothing but a mindless robot (no offence).....True free will would mean God does not have divine foreknowledge and everything you do is not a part of "God's divine plan".

How is it logically possible for a God to have divine foreknowledge, know the past, present and future and still have free will?.... It's a contradiction.

It's like saying "hey IamsSon jump in the pool but don't get wet"..... the outcome is already known.

Now you will probably now move the goal posts as you and others tend to do in saying "God could be outside of time blah blah blah".... I don't deal in "could", "might", "maybe"... I deal with what is actually written in the religious texts you call the word of god - BIBLE.

Peace

T.I.G

Edited by The Infidel Guy

IamsSon we have argued this countless times.

Since you "believe" in God you are nothing but a mindless robot (no offence).....True free will would mean God does not have divine foreknowledge and everything you do is not a part of "God's divine plan".

How is it logically possible for a God to have divine foreknowledge, know the past, present and future and still have free will?.... It's a contradiction.

It's like saying "hey IamsSon jump in the pool but don't get wet"..... the outcome is already known.

Now you will probably now move the goal posts as you and others tend to do in saying "God could be outside of time blah blah blah".... I don't deal in "could", "might", "maybe"... I deal with what is actually written in the religious texts you call the word of god - BIBLE.

Peace

T.I.G

"Sigh" I think son really needs this illusion of free will thingy, I say whatever floats his boat.........:w00t:

Its not as if he has the power to make it so, cuz its his trip, he has been unable to convince us for the last 3 years so far............lol...

Edited by S♥ ♥ ♥