Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
lookingfortruth

Your God Doesn't Care About You

372 posts in this topic

ChloeB

Brother, what is the point of you telling the people about some virtual creatures loving people unconditionally? This is the same as to say "Snoopy loves you unconditionally" or "Bart loves you unconditionally". At least these two we all saw, but not those you named, specially this Omnisexy Holy God-Mother. Aren't we all good without this heavenly love? We are the images of that Father, but what can we do with his unconditional love? Wanna buy my share of it?

OMNISEXY HOLY GOD-MOTHER!!!!!!!!! LOL!

He's kind of got this groovy age-of-aquarius look on it all which is nice, but I fail to see him acknowledge the hard reality of horrors in this world and seems like purposely looking at it through rose-colored glasses.

MARAB0D

OMNISEXY HOLY GOD-MOTHER!!!!!!!!! LOL!

He's kind of got this groovy age-of-aquarius look on it all which is nice, but I fail to see him acknowledge the hard reality of horrors in this world and seems like purposely looking at it through rose-colored glasses.

He's alright, just saw them in this form, it happens. We often argue what the trinity looks like, this case is benevolent.

Sherapy

The one who learns from his experience.

Unconditional Love, does not play Favorites.

God, (Father and mother), love you unconditionally also, believe it, or not.

Love Omnaka

what g-d omnaka, the major creeds all say the same thing g-d is an unknown this is what academia, the greatest minds have taught are you saying you are one of them? the tradition of religion preserves this transcendence..no one knows one way or the other and no sage or rabbi etc would claim otherwise, it would be arrogant and egocentric to say the least... .... ... if this is how you get through the day great ..but its misleading and seeking to prostelyzing presenting an unknown as a known insisting that this g-d of your imagination is a being when no where in academia this taught it would be considered ignorant and heresy and disrespectful to add human characteristics to an unknown and then try and pass it off as omni sheesh... , that is what tigs is saying ........

this is your opine .and nothing more....

Edited by S♥ ♥ ♥

Sherapy

Brother, what is the point of you telling the people about some virtual creatures loving people unconditionally? This is the same as to say "Snoopy loves you unconditionally" or "Bart loves you unconditionally". At least these two we all saw, but not those you named, specially this Omnisexy Holy God-Mother. Aren't we all good without this heavenly love? We are the images of that Father, but what can we do with his unconditional love? Wanna buy my share of it?

ha ha ha ha ha great analogy pam anderson loves ya bro..:w00t:

Edited by S♥ ♥ ♥

ChloeB

He's alright, just saw them in this form, it happens. We often argue what the trinity looks like, this case is benevolent.

I appreciate the gesture of him telling me, even though over and over isn't really necessary.

ShaunZero

OK, so you are able to make choices. Do you take responsibility for the choices you make and the outcomes of those choices?

Depends on the circumstances. A person who is mislead into thinking one thing when it's actually another, truly shouldn't have to bear all the responsibility just because it was THEIR choice. It's like if I put a gun to your head and say "If you don't shoot this person, I'll kill both of you", and you do it, I would be partly responsible. I created a situation in which it altered what you would have normally chosen to do. I did it purposley and knowingly. You could argue that only you would need to bear a punishment since it was your choice, but that means that so would I, for doing something else that was wrong as well; trying to get you or allow you to make a bad choice without stopping you.

Edited by ShaunZero

Sherapy

Depends on the circumstances. A person who is mislead into thinking one thing when it's actually another, truly shouldn't have to bear all the responsibility just because it was THEIR choice. It's like if I put a gun to your head and say "If you don't shoot this person, I'll kill both of you", and you do it, I would be partly responsible. I created a situation in which it altered what you would have normally chosen to do. I did it purposley and knowingly. You could argue that only you would need to bear a punishment since it was your choice, but that means that so would I, for doing something else that was wrong as well; trying to get you or allow you to make a bad choice without stopping you.

Indeed it does, I'd be curious as to how son is framing responsibility...He thinks he is responsible for original sin even though it had nothing to do with him directly, yet in order to be saved he had to accept responsibility and he tells others( as he is doing with you Shaun) this is the conditions of eternal life like it or not..... yet he thinks he is not responsible for contributing to the brotherhood of UHC .:w00t: He wonders why he should be responsible for helping others have UHC...

MARAB0D

Every blind one considers a virtue to lead the other blind and assumes the leadership - because he cannot see that the others are not blind at all...

Sherapy

Every blind one considers a virtue to lead the other blind and assumes the leadership - because he cannot see that the others are not blind at all...

:sk:tsu::clap::nw::yes::cat::santa:

Furnacewhelp

so god intentionally creating an imperfect world full of sin and terrible things isn't his mistake? According to an all knowing god, this would have been easily forseable.

If God intentionally created an imperfect world it can hardly be considered a mistake now can it. As for sin, that is a choice we make. So if we didn't choose to sin there would be none. As for terrible things, what do you consider to be terrible that can't be blamed on other people or natural causes?

Mistydawn

If God intentionally created an imperfect world it can hardly be considered a mistake now can it. As for sin, that is a choice we make. So if we didn't choose to sin there would be none. As for terrible things, what do you consider to be terrible that can't be blamed on other people or natural causes?

I've always considered love a two-way street. What I consider terrible, is a god who states if I don't worship him alone, he will send a plague on my household!

IamsSon

That's one of many obvious contradictions within the Bible.... There's a whole thread i created on these contradictions. You may "think" there not contradictions but in reality they are. Contradictions are throughout the Bible and in abundance.

The video does show one "possible" way... but in the end it's a possibility rather than evidential fact. It is an imaginative thought someone most "probably" made up whilst sitting on the toilet seat reading GQ magazine.....unless of course you can prove otherwise....i doubt it though.... all you have holding close to your heart is the "belief" this is true.

If such a dimension exists i really don't understand why God in all his might and wisdom did not achieve to put his words in much clearer context rather than have people "fight" it out as to what God actually means.

My argument still stands that true free will would mean God is not Omniscient.

Peace

T.I.G

The contradiction exists because you've decided it does and are unwilling to accept any explanation for it, but hey, it's your free will choice to refuse to consider any explanation, so thanks for showing us an example of free will. :tu:

Seems like you're working hard to avoid accepting responsibility for your actions. Are you unwilling to accept responsibility for your actions.

Kimi81

I have a very short, and to the point topic. Sense many of you believe in god and insist he is with you always, I'm just curious, what has god EVER done for you? What has god EVER done on this earth, in the modern day, that has benifited you HERE? if he loved you so much, why does he insist on doing nothing for you or anyone else, even when there are millions upon millions of people suffering today? Anything that benefits humanity, if it can be proven, counts :)

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but God has done plenty for me. Anytime I have really needed something, and reached out to him in faith he has come through for me and I do mean every time. Good things constantly come my way, and it's not just because I have good luck. Almost everything I have prayed for has come to past. I'm not an overly religious person, and I dont shove my views down other peoples throats the way a lot of other Christians do. But I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is a God, and he looks out for me and my family constantly. To be my age and have the level of success I've had finacially, and to have a wonderful loving Husband, good health, great career.....God is good to me, and no one can tell me diffrent :tu:

Furnacewhelp

I've always considered love a two-way street. What I consider terrible, is a god who states if I don't worship him alone, he will send a plague on my household!

What's terrible about that? Worshiping* him is one of his rules, if you break the rules you are punished. Saying that is like saying that it's terrible that someone who breaks the speed limit will get a ticket.

*Don't automatically take this to mean the die-hard, overzealous worshiping that crazy people is the only way to do it. There are lots of ways to worship God that take very little effort.

Beckys_Mom

Thats why I believe 100% of all stories of god helping people were either caused by human things,

There ya go mate.....you used the correct wording.........you said - I BELIEVE....which in my book is fine and dandy

Stating it as something you believe is something not een I can argue with......I cant stand it when people state it as facts with crap all to back it upthumbsup.gif

Beckys_Mom

I appreciate the gesture of him telling me, even though over and over isn't really necessary.

Repeating the same thing over and over...proves that one doesnt have much else to say or add...you just see the same word posted non stop LMAO

Sherapy

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but God has done plenty for me. Anytime I have really needed something, and reached out to him in faith he has come through for me and I do mean every time. Good things constantly come my way, and it's not just because I have good luck. Almost everything I have prayed for has come to past. I'm not an overly religious person, and I dont shove my views down other peoples throats the way a lot of other Christians do. But I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is a God, and he looks out for me and my family constantly. To be my age and have the level of success I've had finacially, and to have a wonderful loving Husband, good health, great career.....God is good to me, and no one can tell me diffrent :tu:

I do appreciate that you made sure to put in your opinion you believe such and such..

We know nothing about g-d, as g-d is unknown period...

It would not be unusual to be successful at a young age ..after all you are the navigator of your ship...

As a NB I have had quite a bit of awesome and some really hard times yet even those I have turned into positives, it has had nothing to do with g-d and a lot to do with my character .........No one is unlucky all the time lol...

Great Big Sea

He has saved my life physically on a number of occasions. He has also empowered and enriched me physically, spiritually, and psychologically.

As a result of those two things, I personally have saved the physical life of at least 3 people, and changed the fortunes of about a hundred others through help with education, water and sewerage facilities, small loans for starting family business, and providing a green house so that villagers in mongolia have the chance to eat a beter diet, including vegetables.

None of this is to my credit. None of it would have happened without gods physical presence in my life for the last 37 years. Multiply that by another half a dozen people i know personlly who do the same thing, and just in my immediate circle, you see god directly benefitting 500 people at least, who would be dead, or worse off than they are today, if he had not manifested in OUR lives.

It is not gods role to change the earth and improve the lot of people in it. He gave us the talents and wisdom to do this. We only have to make a choice to act.

Whether salvation exists in an after life or not, Human salvation today, on this earth, depends on us. God, however, can help, empower and motivate us in this work.

:clap::tu:

Bravo! I couldn't have said it better! So true.

The Silver Thong

If there is a god he is completly indifferent to us. Jump off a cliff guess what no saving you. Wish for the lottery zip get sick good luck to ya. God does nothing earthly. God does not care about our day to day life and if there is a god he will sort the crap out when we get to where ever it is we go.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Mistydawn

What's terrible about that? Worshiping* him is one of his rules, if you break the rules you are punished. Saying that is like saying that it's terrible that someone who breaks the speed limit will get a ticket.

*Don't automatically take this to mean the die-hard, overzealous worshiping that crazy people is the only way to do it. There are lots of ways to worship God that take very little effort.

Maybe I am an oddity then, but if someone says "Love me or else I will make you suffer for eternity," I tend to react badly.

Rhungobains

Maybe I am an oddity then, but if someone says "Love me or else I will make you suffer for eternity," I tend to react badly.

Do you mind, that's my opening line when attempting to court.

MARAB0D

If there is a god he is completly indifferent to us. Jump off a cliff guess what no saving you. Wish for the lottery zip get sick good luck to ya. God does nothing earthly. God does not care about our day to day life and if there is a god he will sort the crap out when we get to where ever it is we go.

This is actually great! Allows us to plan our day. Of course, some unknown factor can always interfere with our planning, but it is far not obvious that such unknown factor comes from some supernatural sources. And it is pretty obvious, that any unexpected interference in our plans is presenting some form of Evil (at least because it ruins the plans). :)

The Silver Thong

Ya that is a bit of a turn off ain't it lol Loving god must be kinda like a hostage that starts to like/love/sympathize with the hostage taker. Everything we know about god imo will be 100% wrong if he exsists.

Mistydawn

Do you mind, that's my opening line when attempting to court.

rofl.gif You must have a big following then!laugh.gif

Mistydawn

Ya that is a bit of a turn off ain't it lol Loving god must be kinda like a hostage that starts to like/love/sympathize with the hostage taker. Everything we know about god imo will be 100% wrong if he exsists.

Hostages, - now that is a good analogy! I recall as a child, being told in the last day, the great big whoopy doo day of Judgement, god will sit on his throne, judging every single person that ever existed, and answering all questions... that will take a wee while, I reckon!