Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will you watch V ?

ohio state buckeyes

Rose, sweetie... Anna and Dianna aren't supposed to be the same character, so to compare one to another is redundant. And short hair on chicks is hot... or maybe it's just Morena. Sigh.

No no no - If you are THAT "V" then you don't alliterate - you spout faux intelligent drivel that is most often heard from 12 year old girls when they write poetry!

Better watch it, there... Moore's beard is going to grab you and eat you.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Universal Sight

• Funky Poacher

• Rosewin

• ohio state buckeyes

Good show because Morena with short hair...

I just hate what they did to Diana, she looks nothing the same, she is not tall enough, not light enough, and her name is not even the same >_< bless Morena Baccarin but for fans of the original series she is no Diana.

Do not get me wrong because she did act great in the first episode, the role seems suited to her,

I thought they did a great job. To me she has the perfect face or presentation for the role. Her eyes are hypnotic and if you notice the way she blinks quickly a few times in a row... it almost screams reptile.

I wonder if they are going to throw in another twist of Ufology, in that, I noticed how the reporter was watching the interview video closely and rewinding....IF any of you have been on you tube and saw the posts of "reptilian eyes on CNN" for example, these videos claim to be untampered and they are slowed down to show that when the anchorman blinks reptilian eyes or tongues can be seen.... yes..i watched...i had a good laugh. But i wonder if they may show this in the show at some time and if thats how the reporter will end up finding the truth out.

IF anyone wants to see someone really desperate to posts something genuine and true on youtube...you can see it here...lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urDJf9o_Gm0

As far as the 2nd episode, i like how they introduced the "orbs" (actually at the end of the 1st...but...). The orbs in Ufology are feared and this point is shown in this episode.

I wonder how long until we find out that the elder Father is a V.

Kinda makes ya wonder, knowing that they basically know everything about the humans and can trace the calls and have infiltrated the humans with technology so they can keep up with who is on board and who will be trouble. (HMMMM....SOUNDS A LITTLE FAMILIAR DOESNT IT?)

Hard to be able to do something without authorities knowing with all the technology gadgets out there today.

Some say that the government owns or influences certain stations on television. Maybe this show is the governments way of saying ..."you dont really want to know." :devil:

Cant wait until next week. Looks to be a good one.

Edited by Universal Sight

Rose, sweetie... Anna and Dianna aren't supposed to be the same character, so to compare one to another is redundant. And short hair on chicks is hot... or maybe it's just Morena. Sigh.Better watch it, there... Moore's beard is going to grab you and eat you.

I thought they did a great job. To me she has the perfect face or presentation for the role. Her eyes are hypnotic and if you notice the way she blinks quickly a few times in a row... it almost screams reptile.I wonder if they are going to throw in another twist of Ufology, in that, I noticed how the reporter was watching the interview video closely and rewinding....IF any of you have been on you tube and saw the posts of "reptilian eyes on CNN" for example, these videos claim to be untampered and they are slowed down to show that when the anchorman blinks reptilian eyes or tongues can be seen.... yes..i watched...i had a good laugh. But i wonder if they may show this in the show at some time and if thats how the reporter will end up finding the truth out.IF anyone wants to see someone really desperate to posts something genuine and true on youtube...you can see it here...lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urDJf9o_Gm0As far as the 2nd episode, i like how they introduced the "orbs" (actually at the end of the 1st...but...). The orbs in Ufology are feared and this point is shown in this episode.I wonder how long until we find out that the elder Father is a V.Kinda makes ya wonder, knowing that they basically know everything about the humans and can trace the calls and have infiltrated the humans with technology so they can keep up with who is on board and who will be trouble. (HMMMM....SOUNDS A LITTLE FAMILIAR DOESNT IT?)Hard to be able to do something without authorities knowing with all the technology gadgets out there today. Some say that the government owns or influences certain stations on television. Maybe this show is the governments way of saying ..."you dont really want to know." Cant wait until next week. Looks to be a good one.

It is a good show I will not deny, so far at least, hope that does not change because being a long time fan since the original I am hoping this succeeds.

As far as Anna not supposed to be Diana, good call, but it is still one black mark on the show for not bringing a 'Diana' parallel character to this series for long time fans. I own the first run of comics, bought when I was a child, just pretend you are a long time X-Men fan and when they made the movie the did not include Storm but some character that kind of resembled Storm, except she was not black, she was not tall, she had short hair....FAIL.

(I still think Halle Berry was a mistake. Not tall enough. Storm is not anywhere near petite. Short hair again...)

I understand for those who just wan to be fanboys and fangirls of certain actors and actresses and wish to support them but what is good for fandom is not necessarily good for the franchise. Some will care more about their favorite actor than the show and that is understandable but their assessment of the show and characters will not be as accurate as from someone who cares about the overall franchise.

As for the studio and network of course they care more about what is appealing and marketable over the 'story' so naturally they will do what they believe generates more profits and ad revenue rather than truly caring about the storyline.

Edited by Rosewin

I watched the original series in the the 80'S It frightened the bejebbies outta me!

Hey, Is it true that the male species of V had their goolies under their armpits? Funny the things you remember. LOL

I watched the original series in the the 80'S It frightened the bejebbies outta me!

Hey, Is it true that the male species of V had their goolies under their armpits? Funny the things you remember. LOL

Yes, it was scary, I wonder if kids today are scared watching it? Doubtful they have seen so many things similar before on the media perhaps.

goolies? armpits? what, what? I am confused lol.

Yes, it was scary, I wonder if kids today are scared watching it? Doubtful they have seen so many things similar before on the media perhaps.

goolies? armpits? what, what? I am confused lol.

Correct me, but there was a comical snippet where one man hits another man under his aprmpits and he dropped like a bag of you know what! LOL

I am watching it right now, I like Ana, because you can never tell that she is a bad guy which I like.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright....I have been converted. Ana has won me over. She is not just perfect for the role but I love the retelling of V. I have also finally warmed up to the V outfits. I want one!

The series did not really impress me until the final minutes of episode three. The way Lisa undressed to help cover for Tyler from his suspicious mother, the way it was then revealed she is Ana's daughter and Tyler is going to have a bigger role, very good!

When it was also showing all four people of the resistance finally come together it was like the show was finally beginning. Awesome stuff. Episode four was good too especially the scene showing the Bliss, with Ana taking a shower or whatever and everyone reacting. In a way I also interpreted this as the visitors doing missionary work, impressing the humans, converting them, though it did not show the hand's on work of it all, like showing them passing out literature, making seminars or videos and the like, I do feel this scene encompassed all that. Maybe I am wrong.

Then when it panned out to show space and far, far away the many, many ships coming. Oh, boy. I am sold.

CAnt wait until it comes back on. was kinda bummed that there were only 4 episodes. But, as long as it stays true without getting ridiculous....i guess its ok... ;)

• 3 months later...

just downloaded the 4 episodes that are out :)

glad to see that its coming back soon

• 3 weeks later...

The best science fiction always has something to say about the present, and the show does that without skimping on the soapy or dramatic elements. Whether the serialized storytelling can be sustained is potentially another matter (witness the growing pains experienced by ABC's "FlashForward"), but at least in terms of the acrobatics that go into a polished launch, "V" sticks the landing.

I wonder how long until we find out that the elder Father is a V.

Spoiler tags my friend! Make use of them!

I've been watching V and am warming up to it. The girl who plays Ana looks sinister in the show but has a very sweet face in her normal photos. But so far my fave sci-fi show has been Fringe.

I think David Ickle was a fan.

He obviously mistook it for a documentry on reptilians.

Did I mention yet that I'll be real darn mad if Nick Lea's part isn't expanded!? They must take advantage of having Krycek on the show, they must!!

Spoiler tags my friend! Make use of them!

??????

I never have been a big fan of sci-fi, including V. However, the first V from the 1980's was pretty much to my liking.

The way the miniseries ended wasn't to my liking.

The main villainess, Diana, looked at the camera with a smirk on her face as if to say,

"I got away with everything!"

:angry2:

Correct me, but there was a comical snippet where one man hits another man under his aprmpits and he dropped like a bag of you know what! LOL

I remember that as well, but I don't think it was 'V'. I could be wrong but maybe that was Alien Nation.

i thought this last episode was the best so far. lots of twists...etc.