Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do You Think That The Yowie Really Exists?

NatureBoff

Do You Think That The Yowie Really Exists?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think That The Yowie Really Exists?

It's the high number of adults too Berezovka Mammoth. Mummified with the grass and buttercups they were just eating still in their mouths! Frozen fauna of the mammoth steppe: the story of Blue Babe By Russell Dale Guthrie

What high number? There is only one such individual and that seems to have fallen into a freezing body of water and died there faster then it could digest all its food. No meteorite is needed for that on the tundra.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• Night Walker

• NatureBoff

• Tia

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What high number? There is only one such individual and that seems to have fallen into a freezing body of water and died there faster then it could digest all its food. No meteorite is needed for that on the tundra.

There's plenty more cases. I need to collate the evidence.

There's more big comet events in our recent past than previously realised imo Diamonds suggest comets caused killer cold spell 13,000 years ago.

post-94765-125880140661_thumb.jpg

Edited by Smugfish

What is with the nice try and gotcha crap? Do you think idiotic retorts increase the validity of your rants?

Yes the Indigenous version of the Yowie looks nothing like Megnathropous, it looks more like a giant Ant, nothing at all like a Hairy man. Although the Hairy man reports you are speaking of do share the same characteristics as Meganthropous. Same height, shape weight and therefore the same proposed lineage. If you feel there is a slight discrepancy in aesthetics, well, sucks to you. Such is superfluous and rather idiotic. Offer some specifics if you have a train of thought on the subject, other wise, annoy someone else with some far fetched theory that makes no sense, I am sure you have a bagful of those. In fact, you would do well to post in creative writing. And I do mean that in the nicest possible way :D

PS - Gracious, I have just found there is even a Wiki article on the current Australian Heat wave. - HERE - 2009 southeastern Australia heat wave

So far topped at 48.8 Degrees C. Not the best place to be 800 pounds and covered in hair. In fact, that combination is 100% sure death.

First, i caught you on your >>There are only few Caves in Australia<<-CLAIM! As a matter of fact there are more than 3,500 Caves in Australia, and That is MUCH MORE THAN JUST FEW CAVES AS YOU CLAIMED AT THE FIRST PLACE!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_caves_are_there_in_Australia

How many caves are there in Australia?

Northern Territory Travel

Unique Experiences in Outback Australia, including Kakadu & Uluru

www.NTEscapes.com.au

There are many spectacular caves, known and not-so-well known throughout Australia!!!

http://www.cegsa.org.au/Caving/Caving_in_SA.html

Nullarbor Plains The region embraces the geological reaches of the Eucla Basin rather than the more confined geographical flat treeless section. Thus it covers the lightly timbered coastal areas, including the Hampton Ranges and the Roe Plain in Western Australia. There are now 3500 features recorded!!! on the Plain and many are added to the records at every visit. By far the longest cave is Old Homestead Cave which measures over 30km!!! , and there are many more spectacular but shorter caves.

800 pounds covered with hair once existed, and seems some still exist since there are still people who sights them! So i assume they certainly can survive the hot climate of Australia as well as black haired Gorillas survives the hot climate of Africa! They just have to hide themselves away from the hot Australian sun, under trees and behind other shadow spots like inside the SPECTACULAR caves and less spectacular caves as well. And guess what, Australia have water spots in the NATURE, but you CLAIMED there were not so much water in the first place! :D

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/discoveries/2005-11-08-giant-gorilla_x.htm

Giant gorilla was once a human neighbor

Staff and wire reports

King Kong, you have some competition.

A 10-foot-tall, 1,200-pound gorilla dwelled among early humans, says a new report by a Canadian researcher.

Jack Rink of Canada's McMaster University concludes that the largest primate that ever lived, Gigantopithecus blackii, lived in Asia for nearly 1 million years before dying out about 100,000 years ago.

Dating of fossil teeth and jawbones, the only remnants of the creature, reveals the ape's age.

The gorilla had molars that measured 1 inch across, which was useful in its vegetarian diet.

The gorilla may have died out because of competition with early humans.

But some researchers have suggested it lived even more recently and contributed to legends such as Bigfoot.

The finding has been submitted to a research journal for publication.

http://www.manningrivertimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/yowie-sighting-near-mount-george/1589771.aspx As you can see, Faye Burke and her cousin Alana Garnett sighted a Yowie this year.

Maybe Yowies looks similar to this one? Edited by Ra_Sun-God

It's so easy to be negative and mocking isn't it? The next Russian research expedition has already been planned. Let's wait and see shall we?

I agree, some are negative and mocking, and that goes several hundred years back: The Public of Europe didn't knew the existence of the American Continent, and dare those who said there was land at the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, untill Christopher Columbus crossed the Atlantic Ocean, brought some gold and some Native Indians back to Europe, and people looked very surprised and looked with very open big eyes at these Native Indians...

Edited by Ra_Sun-God

First, i caught you on your >>There are only few Caves in Australia<<-CLAIM! As a matter of fact there are more than 3,500 Caves in Australia, and That is MUCH MORE THAN JUST FEW CAVES AS YOU CLAIMED AT THE FIRST PLACE!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_caves_are_there_in_Australia

How many caves are there in Australia?

Northern Territory Travel

Unique Experiences in Outback Australia, including Kakadu & Uluru

www.NTEscapes.com.au

There are many spectacular caves, known and not-so-well known throughout Australia!!!

http://www.cegsa.org.au/Caving/Caving_in_SA.html

Nullarbor Plains The region embraces the geological reaches of the Eucla Basin rather than the more confined geographical flat treeless section. Thus it covers the lightly timbered coastal areas, including the Hampton Ranges and the Roe Plain in Western Australia. There are now 3500 features recorded!!! on the Plain and many are added to the records at every visit. By far the longest cave is Old Homestead Cave which measures over 30km!!! , and there are many more spectacular but shorter caves.

800 pounds covered with hair once existed, and seems some still exist since there are still people who sights them! So i assume they certainly can survive the hot climate of Australia as well as black haired Gorillas survives the hot climate of Africa! They just have to hide themselves away from the hot Australian sun, under trees and behind other shadow spots like inside the SPECTACULAR caves and less spectacular caves as well. And guess what, Australia have water spots in the NATURE, but you CLAIMED there were not so much water in the first place! :D

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/discoveries/2005-11-08-giant-gorilla_x.htm

Giant gorilla was once a human neighbor

Staff and wire reports

King Kong, you have some competition.

A 10-foot-tall, 1,200-pound gorilla dwelled among early humans, says a new report by a Canadian researcher.

Jack Rink of Canada's McMaster University concludes that the largest primate that ever lived, Gigantopithecus blackii, lived in Asia for nearly 1 million years before dying out about 100,000 years ago.

Dating of fossil teeth and jawbones, the only remnants of the creature, reveals the ape's age.

The gorilla had molars that measured 1 inch across, which was useful in its vegetarian diet.

The gorilla may have died out because of competition with early humans.

But some researchers have suggested it lived even more recently and contributed to legends such as Bigfoot.

The finding has been submitted to a research journal for publication.

http://www.manningrivertimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/yowie-sighting-near-mount-george/1589771.aspx As you can see, Faye Burke and her cousin Alana Garnett sighted a Yowie this year.

Maybe Yowies looks similar to this one?

You are not getting it are you. a Cave FEATURE is a few meters deep. Sunlight hits the back wall in most. Like the pics I posted, they are famous Cave FEATURES. Like the Glow Worm Cave at Natural Arch. You can see through that "cave" Nice pic wasn't it. From the others you have listed, it looks like of the remaining few that are not a few meters deep are sinkholes and the like, the ones listed as several Kilometers long, like the Jenolan Cave system I have already previously mentioned.

The remaining few in the list are:

1) High in Co2

2) Do not contain potable water.

3) Heavily monitored as they provide habitat for the rare Ghost Bat. When at Capricorn Caves we were only allowed to access one cave system for this very reason.

In addition, the list you have presented represents groups of cave systems. You have not found as many caves as you think you have. For instance, Five O’Clock Cave, Four Mile East Cave, Great Nowranie Cave, Little Nowranie Cave and Niggle Cave all belong to the Camooweal Caves System (Try that link out) and are all accessed by way of vertical entrances - they are sinkholes, and all are being hevily monitored by The University of Queensland Speleological Society.

In addition, the few usable ones were inhabited by Bushrangers in the earlier history of Australia. Ned Kelly never claimed he lived with Yowies.

So what good is a hole in the ground that is vertical without air, water or a way out? Perfect Yowie Habitat? How so?

Do you have any idea how big this country is? I maintain that a Yowie living on the Nullaboor is laughable.

3786225-Welcome-to-The-Nullaboor-0.jpg

Can you fathom how far he would have to range to feed a family of Yowies - covered in hair, 800 pounds and in a desert?

Seriously Ra, I live here, what do you think your 2 minute Google can tell you that makes the Yowie a possible?

As I said, I am fascinated by caves, always have been, what boy isn't? I wasted many weekends climbing all sorts of terrain in great hope only to find the likes of the Cave Features you mention. A whole day to find a hole was a disappointment to me. I wanted a proper cave dammit. A whole range of shallow caves (about 3M deep) with Indigenous Artwork were destroyed South of Toowoomba in the 70's to make way for a new road. It is just criminal that what we do have is destroyed without thought.

Remember, I live in a Yowie hotspot. Where are the caves in the GC HInterland? I cannot walk to a cave system you have listed from there. That is what you are trying to say isn't it? That Yowies live in Caves? Yet they are not sighted where the caves are but in a different parts of the country where there are no Caves? Seriously, there is not enough of them for this usage, and they are a great distance apart. It is not a workable theory. If you think it is, you have the list of caves, go catch a Yowie.

The Gigantopithecus reference is wrong as well. 300,000 years is the estimated time of extinction, not 100,000. One reference holds that date, and has done since at least 2005, but unverified. Until you have evidence of Gigantopithecus building rafts, I do not even now how you propose he got here. 800 pound Apes existed when the climate was far cooler. Have you noticed none are in any Zoos? And people do not see Yowies. These tales are indeed misidentifications. Australia's human feral population is numerous enough to fill this niche. And outnumber any proposed Yowie creature.

What is with the water reference? Have I mentioned the heat? the current wave in the mid to high 40's is still in effect. Every water source is precious and heavily utilized. How do they manage to get to the places we gather every day without being seen or leaving any evidence? If they are bigger, why do they give man the Lions share of this precious resource? Do you know droughts are a common occurrence here?

The Yowie is the most ridiculous chapter in the Biff book. I really cannot fathom why people insist such things can exist without even trying to explain how. Rather convenient I guess.

I agree, some are negative and mocking, and that goes several hundred years back: The Public of Europe didn't knew the existence of the American Continent, and dare those who said there was land at the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, untill Christopher Columbus crossed the Atlantic Ocean, brought some gold and some Native Indians back to Europe, and people looked very surprised and looked with very open big eyes at these Native Indians...

I don't get the comparison.

One can go to America and See a Native person. No Worries.

One cannot come to Australia and see a Yowie.

Columbus returned with solid proof. Has had for centuries now. Yowie believers still only have conjecture after 200 years.

Show me the Yowie.

Negative and mocking? That is indeed what you do with known fact. And a shame that is.

I don't get the comparison.

One can go to America and See a Native person. No Worries.

One cannot come to Australia and see a Yowie.

Columbus returned with solid proof. Has had for centuries now. Yowie believers still only have conjecture after 200 years.

Show me the Yowie.

Negative and mocking? That is indeed what you do with known fact. And a shame that is.

Gorilla was once considered a cryptid

Colecanth was once considered a cryptid

Earth was was once considered round

The public of Europe didn't know the existance of American Continent

The truth is "Out there", (Yeah, if they really went out often, they would know that these things don't exist)

The Evil Government "covers it up"

This is basically all we get, These are the crutches these believers aka "Those who live in fantasy land" hold onto, But they never, show any kind of conclusive proof, Nor do they need any kind of proof (or very very little proof) to believe.

The truth is "Out there", (Yeah, if they really went out often, they would know that these things don't exist)

This is basically all we get, These are the crutches these believers aka "Those who live in fantasy land" hold onto, But they never, show any kind of conclusive proof, Nor do they need any kind of proof (or very very little proof) to believe.

Hehe, lets hope better than that can be achieved :D All of those tired arguments have been done to death. They offer no more than false hope.

What?! What about the Russian government's endorsed scientific investigation of the Yeti which has given positive results?!! They haven't released the photographs of 5,000 year old prints and fresh prints of Yetis because they're waiting for the money-shot; video footage of the humanoids in their natural environment. If they entered the cave system, then they would have set-up high grade surveillance equipment. All they have to do is organise funding for the next trip, which they have done, and then return for the video evidence! It's common sense!! Russian scientists use Google maps to find yeti

post-94765-125907355305_thumb.jpg

Edited by Smugfish

What?! What about the Russian government's endorsed scientific investigation of the Yeti which has given positive results?!! They haven't released the photographs of 5,000 year old prints and fresh prints of Yetis because they're waiting for the money-shot; video footage of the humanoids in their natural environment. If they entered the cave system, then they would have set-up high grade surveillance equipment. All they have to do is organise funding for the next trip, which they have done, and then return for the video evidence! It's common sense!! Russian scientists use Google maps to find yeti

I sure hope they do find something. But first I think they should be able to do a quick excavation and grab even just a few pounds of that cave dirt. If the Yetis have been living there for 5,000 years there will be some DNA evidence in that sample.

Five thousand years ago yetis settled down in this cave and now their descendants are still living here.

I do not see where they talk at all about what the heck Google Maps has to do with this, or were that pic comes from. Weird.

There is a link that says "Click here to find photos from the expedition.", but you get a pop up of "Sorry page is not available", in Russian. Dang!

That pic looks like a Macaque to me.

Edit: Here is a Yeti for you....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5479501/

040721_monkey_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

Edited by DieChecker

I sure hope they do find something. But first I think they should be able to do a quick excavation and grab even just a few pounds of that cave dirt. If the Yetis have been living there for 5,000 years there will be some DNA evidence in that sample.

I do not see where they talk at all about what the heck Google Maps has to do with this, or were that pic comes from. Weird.

There is a link that says "Click here to find photos from the expedition.", but you get a pop up of "Sorry page is not available", in Russian. Dang!

That pic looks like a Macaque to me.

Edit: Here is a Yeti for you....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5479501/

040721_monkey_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

It's Pravda. Nuff said.

Yowies could live Under Down Under...rather...under Australia.

They live in a subterranean world.

A bit of both perhaps? Above ground sometimes, below ground in cave systems as well? Here's a great link about DNA samples being tested for the Orang Pendek btw. Which will be proved first, the yeti or the orang pendek? Edited by Smugfish

Yowies could live Under Down Under...rather...under Australia.

They live in a subterranean world.

Except... we do not have a Subterranean world. We have Artesian Basins. In fact, the Great Artesian Basin is the largest and deepest artesian basin in the world, occupying 23% of the continent.

map_GAB_temps.jpg

He need Scuba equipment to live in this Subterranean World :D

A bit of both perhaps? Above ground sometimes, below ground in cave systems as well? Here's a great link about DNA samples being tested for the Orang Pendek btw. Which will be proved first, the yeti or the orang pendek?

Unlikely as Yowie reports are nowhere near the few Aussie Cave systems. But as Yowies do not exist you could put wings on them if you wanted I guess. Sort of like Hairy Banana eating Angels.

Hillary had quite a backpedal on the Yeti. If he is convinced he his initial conclusions are wrong, it seems a strong indication that the Himalayas contain things which can be easily confused for such things as Yeti's? I feel that puts the Pendek in the lead, which it seeming more and more likely is just the Orangutan, known as man of the forrest to locals. (They get their name from the Malay and Indonesian words “Orang” and “Hutan”. “Orang” meaning “Person” and “Hutan” meaning “Forest” thus “Man of the Forest”.)

That link is from Pravda as well, you do know Pravda is a Russian Tabloid perhaps somewhat equal to the likes of the National Enquirer?

Edited by psyche101

Its Alive ! ITs Alive! Looks Like Aussie land is teaming with Warm water systems?

I`ll bring my Smoker! And you get the Drinks! :innocent:

post-68971-125919827532_thumb.jpg

Its Alive ! ITs Alive! Looks Like Aussie land is teaming with Warm water systems?

I`ll bring my Smoker! And you get the Drinks! :innocent:

Hey hey Good to see you in Crypto Big D!!

You are on mate, the water might be warm, but I assure you the beer is VERY cold :D

That looks like one fine BBQ! MMMmmmm I keep opening the pic up. It is just about lunchtime down here......

Edited by psyche101

Unlikely as Yowie reports are nowhere near the few Aussie Cave systems. But as Yowies do not exist you could put wings on them if you wanted I guess. Sort of like Hairy Banana eating Angels.

Hillary had quite a backpedal on the Yeti. If he is convinced he his initial conclusions are wrong, it seems a strong indication that the Himalayas contain things which can be easily confused for such things as Yeti's? I feel that puts the Pendek in the lead, which it seeming more and more likely is just the Orangutan, known as man of the forrest to locals. (They get their name from the Malay and Indonesian words “Orang” and “Hutan”. “Orang” meaning “Person” and “Hutan” meaning “Forest” thus “Man of the Forest”.)

That link is from Pravda as well, you do know Pravda is a Russian Tabloid perhaps somewhat equal to the likes of the National Enquirer?

Orang Pendek means "short man" and a yowie is it's descendent that made it to the ozzy mainland along with the early aboriginals and samba deer around 40,000 years ago imo. DNA analysis will prove the connection in the not-too-distant-future..

post-94765-125922941751.jpg

post-94765-125922942719_thumb.jpg

post-94765-125922943548_thumb.jpg

post-94765-125922944855.jpg

Orang Pendek means "short man" and a yowie is it's descendent that made it to the ozzy mainland along with the early aboriginals and samba deer around 40,000 years ago imo. DNA analysis will prove the connection in the not-too-distant-future..

What are you talking about? Australian Pygmies, which did exist, an 800 pound 8-9 foot tall beast covered in hair or a Pendek?

Link - Australian Pygmies.

Deer 40,000 years ago? Sambar were originally introduced into Victoria at Mt Sugarloaf in 1863 during the world-wide movement to 'share the world's most beautiful and useful things' as was the objective of the acclimatisation societies which were active in the latter half of the 19th century. Later releases were at Ercildoune Estate near Ballarat, Wilsons Promontory and French Island in Western Port. Another release occurred on the Cobourg Peninsula in the Northern Territory. In Victoria, Sambar Deer have been listed as a threat to biodiversity as the animals feed on some rare and endangered plants.

No-one has anything to perform Yowie/Pendek DNA analysis on. I wont hold my breath ....K.

What are you talking about? Australian Pygmies, which did exist, an 800 pound 8-9 foot tall beast covered in hair or a Pendek?

Link - Australian Pygmies.

Deer 40,000 years ago? Sambar were originally introduced into Victoria at Mt Sugarloaf in 1863 during the world-wide movement to 'share the world's most beautiful and useful things' as was the objective of the acclimatisation societies which were active in the latter half of the 19th century. Later releases were at Ercildoune Estate near Ballarat, Wilsons Promontory and French Island in Western Port. Another release occurred on the Cobourg Peninsula in the Northern Territory. In Victoria, Sambar Deer have been listed as a threat to biodiversity as the animals feed on some rare and endangered plants.

No-one has anything to perform Yowie/Pendek DNA analysis on. I wont hold my breath ....K.

It could be the junjudee that is related to the pendek and not the bigger yowie. I'm guessing of course. DNA samples of Pendek are currently beind tested by the CFZ Orang Pendek DNA Analysis.

Funnily enough, the Kimberley rock art at 'Reindeer Rock' which is dated to at least 17,000 years ago also has pictures of high-prowed boats in the same style. Trouble is, this scientific report seems to discount the possibilty of a connection with the S.E Asian pre-polynesians DNA Study. The author of the book won't allow reproductions of the rock art images which are shown in his book. You'd have to have a look on this link Reindeer Rock (Sambar Deer imo).

post-94765-125932060379_thumb.jpg

post-94765-125932083911_thumb.jpg

Edited by Smugfish

And, as I've stated in the other thread, the existence of a non-human primate in Australia is quite impossible.

Who said the Yowie was a primate, all evidence shows it is Homo erectus, so your point is moot it is not a primate so therefore it can survive. If it does survive then they must be hanging on to the brink. I see they just found a pygmy elephant in the news at the top end.

Although until every single inch of the vast Australian continent is explored and that means the vast underground cave systems and lave tubes and underwater ocean areas, and the thick canopies that are our National Parks, you cannot state that these type of hominids (new name? hominins) cannot survive! Species are discovered every single day in Australia and Worldwide, a new monkey was discovered last year after locals claimed for decades they existed and science said no, well, that was wrong wasn't it. Or the survey scientists did for the past ten years which discovered more than a thousand new species.

More than a thousand new species found in the Greater Mekong region in the past ten years. Some new discoveries that were COMPLETE surprises to SCIENCE.

Or

Elusive African Apes: Giant Chimps or New Species?

John Roach

for National Geographic News

April 14, 2003

A mysterious group of apes found in the war-torn Democratic Republic of Congo in central Africa has scientists and conservationist scratching their heads. The apes nest on the ground like gorillas but have a diet and features characteristic of chimpanzees.

The apes are most likely a group of giant chimpanzees that display gorilla-like behavior. A far more remote possibility is that they represent a new subspecies of great ape. Researchers plan to return to the region later this month to collect more clues to help resolve the mystery.

And more

New Monkey Species Found in Remote Amazon

Dave Hansford

for National Geographic News

February 4, 2008

A previously unknown species of uakari monkey was found during recent hunting trips in the Amazon, a New Zealand primatologist has announced. Jean-Phillipe Boubli of the University of Auckland found the animal after following native Yanomamo Indians on their hunts along the Rio Aracá, a tributary of the Rio Negro in Brazil. "They told us about this black uakari monkey, which was slightly different to the one we knew from Pico de Neblina National Park, where I'd worked earlier," Boubli said.

"I searched for that monkey for at least five years. The reason I couldn't find it was because the place where they were was sort of unexpected." Uakaris normally live in flooded river forests, but this one turned up in a mountainous region on the Brazil-Venezuela border, far from its nearest relatives (see map). "There is another species of primate in that region which is very similar to the uakari," Boubli said.

The two compete ecologically, he added, "so wherever that monkey occurs, you don't expect to find uakaris. That's why I wasn't really looking in those places."

T.c)So he didn't think to look as he didn't expect to find any there, that is why the Yowie is so elusive, as science just won't spend the time needed to find them, if they did I am sure science with all its resources could find a Yowie.

More

By Alex Kirby

BBC News website environment correspondent

Arunachal macaque M D Madhusudan

The Arunachal macaque: A surprise to science

A species of monkey unknown to science has been photographed in India by an international team of researchers. The monkey, a member of the macaque family, was sighted in the state of Arunachal Pradesh, which lies in the country's remote north-eastern region. Named the Arunachal macaque, the new monkey is a comparatively large brown primate with a relatively short tail.

The scientists say they are surprised to have found a hitherto unknown large mammal in such a populous country.

Wildlife treasure trove

The discovery was made during expeditions last year and this by Indian researchers from the New York-based Wildlife Conservation Society, the Nature Conservation Foundation, the International Snow Leopard Trust, and the National Institute of Advanced Studies. Few would have thought that with over a billion people and retreating wild lands, a new large mammal species would ever be found in India, of all places

Dr M D Madhusudan, WCS

The last species of macaque to be discovered in the wild, the Indonesian Pagai macaque, was described in 1903.

T.c) So in a country of a billion people a new species was discovered. So here we have a country that has 1 Billion people and then you have Australia with a Continent that is huge with only 21 Million and your stating that it has nowhere to hide or live??

More

A few years back it was written in a science magazine that they had discovered a new albino/white deer which lived in green jungles, scientists could not find this animal for decades and here was a completely white animal living in green jungles.

While many of you discount the thought of a discovery of the Yowie/Homo erectus there is evidence worldwide and even in Australia that new and old species do exist and they are discovered now and then which surprise scientists. I will not discount the Yowie just because some of you claim it can't exist, saying that is really just your opinion, and is not based on anything scientific either and some of the science community with a few exceptions conclude that it is possible, even the Scientist from ANU, not sure of his name exactly Dr Woolfe I think who did extensive research into the Vietnam sightings and who is a colleague of Dr Alan Thorne, and who Dr Thorne said on a TV show on the Yowie that he was backing up his colleague, stated that if the Wollemi pine was undetected for all that time and the Yowie frequents similar areas, why not a Hairy man, although he did state that he would sit on the fence until a body was found, which is what many of you think.

I do hope that no body is ever discovered or captured, that would be worse. They cannot last too much longer though. Just one last thought, although your opinions and others again the Yowies existence seems valid to you, so is our insistence that it is possible they still survive, So please stop this one sided biased argument that your right and everyone else is wrong. I see the Yowie as a problem but I see nothing wrong with it's continual existence.

The Hobbit disproved any reluctance to think that the Yowie might not have walked here along land bridges from Indonesia way or even that Australia had its own evolutionary path when it came to Homo erectus or even an Ape lineage. Australia is not a continent where fossils survive that well, I mean that no fossils for a primate does not mean there was none, just the evidence shows so far that there was none.

This from Alan Thorne

Recent lab studies of this type have suggested that our most recent common ancestor lived less than 200,000 years ago in Africa. But the Australian researchers contend that the DNA sequences isolated from Mungo Man's bones show him to have a genetic lineage that is both older and distinct from this line.

Given the undoubted modern appearance of Mungo Man, they argue, major doubt must now be cast on the so-called "Out of Africa" hypothesis in which all living people are said to be descended from a group of modern humans who left their African homeland no earlier than about 120,000 years ago.

Alternative explanation

"What our evidence shows is that the situation is much more complicated than any of these supporters of Out of Africa would have imagined," lead researcher Dr Alan Thorne said. "They were arguing that because the earliest forms of this particular genetic sequence in living people was found in Africa, that meant that all people must have come from Africa.

"Well, logically, that's not true anymore because we now have an older form of indisputably modern human that comes out of Australia."

Dr Thorne, whose team have published their research in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, is a proponent of the alternative, multi-regional explanation for the emergence of modern humans.

This suggests that modern humans arose simultaneously in Africa, Europe and Asia from one of our predecessors, Homo erectus, who left Africa more that 1.5 million years ago.

"Modern humans didn't just come from one area, they came from all areas," Dr Thorne said. "We assert that when people began to leave Africa about two million years ago, they were the ancestors of all modern people and we don't think modern humanity emerged from one place later on.

Who said the Yowie was a primate, all evidence shows it is Homo erectus, so your point is moot it is not a primate so therefore it can survive. If it does survive then they must be hanging on to the brink. I see they just found a pygmy elephant in the news at the top end.

You fail biology forever. Homo erectus was a primate, you know.

Although until every single inch of the vast Australian continent is explored and that means the vast underground cave systems and lave tubes and underwater ocean areas, and the thick canopies that are our National Parks, you cannot state that these type of hominids (new name? hominins) cannot survive! Species are discovered every single day in Australia and Worldwide, a new monkey was discovered last year after locals claimed for decades they existed and science said no, well, that was wrong wasn't it. Or the survey scientists did for the past ten years which discovered more than a thousand new species.

I don't say that they cannot survive, I say that the evolutionary history of Australia contracts the claims that a large, successful placental mammal ever lived there

About all your other articles, just because we are still discovering animals, it does not mean that biologically impossible animals exist, sorry.

The Hobbit disproved any reluctance to think that the Yowie might not have walked here along land bridges from Indonesia way or even that Australia had its own evolutionary path when it came to Homo erectus or even an Ape lineage. Australia is not a continent where fossils survive that well, I mean that no fossils for a primate does not mean there was none, just the evidence shows so far that there was none.

There never was a land bridge between Australia and Indonesia, check your geography.

This from Alan Thorne

Recent lab studies of this type have suggested that our most recent common ancestor lived less than 200,000 years ago in Africa. But the Australian researchers contend that the DNA sequences isolated from Mungo Man's bones show him to have a genetic lineage that is both older and distinct from this line.

Given the undoubted modern appearance of Mungo Man, they argue, major doubt must now be cast on the so-called "Out of Africa" hypothesis in which all living people are said to be descended from a group of modern humans who left their African homeland no earlier than about 120,000 years ago.

Sadly this is a fringe theory not accepted by serious anthropologists.