Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia 'simulates' nuclear attack on Poland

Psykonos

See quote

~Thanato

"I have no former president"

Is that military brainwashing? to make one just follow blindly as to what any CURRANT president says? If thats the case yup the military will be all for martial law when it come. Screw being American we just follow orders. What a bunch of wing nuts if this is the case.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Stellar

• acidhead

• Caesar

So now it's double talk, or am I wrong again LOL I was under the impression you are an American? Well damn if I'm wrong here. If your not American than I do apologize.

What tipped you off? Was it post #79 when I said

Im Canadian ffs.

Or was it post #81, #85, #92 and #95 where I was providing ample clues to the fact that I'm not american?

Or was it post #81, #85, #92 and #95 where I was providing ample clues to the fact that I'm not american?

If you are a real canadian Stellar, than answer this question :lol:

Where is the center of the universe?

Where is the center of the universe?

Im not from Toronto so Im not sure :P

Ahhh a fellow Canadian hmmm ya I should have remembered that as we both have been here long enough LOL I will simple say sorry as so many here seem to have a hard time understanding the term. You just sound a lot like Ceasar. Don't matter much you have that military brain to deal with. You speak as a military guy that represents what 2% of the population. So when you attack a civilian over military issues you feel you have the rights and no wrongs. Why, cause that is what your conditioned to do. You think military the majority do not! Thank goodness!

Edited by The Silver Thong

I appologize for giving you a hard time, and maybe this will help you understand why the subject became an issue for myself, and perhaps for Caesar too:

In the military, I have lots of experience with people who bull others, "make stuff up" and so on. Its been actually pretty prevelent in my area, and probably throughout the military and the world. I have no tolerance for people pulling "facts" out of their *** and passing it on to others as if its absolutely true... why? Because their ideas most often are wrong, and in my field, when someone has such ideas (trust me, theres been some very stupid ones), they'll kill people unnecessarily. Hence I have a problem with people passing inaccurate information as fact.

I appologize for giving you a hard time, and maybe this will help you understand why the subject became an issue for myself, and perhaps for Caesar too:

In the military, I have lots of experience with people who bull others, "make stuff up" and so on. Its been actually pretty prevelent in my area, and probably throughout the military and the world. I have no tolerance for people pulling "facts" out of their *** and passing it on to others as if its absolutely true... why? Because their ideas most often are wrong, and in my field, when someone has such ideas (trust me, theres been some very stupid ones), they'll kill people unnecessarily. Hence I have a problem with people passing inaccurate information as fact.

Thanks for that and as a none military person I havn't the slightest idea what goes one behind closed doors. Nor do I have any privy info to call on to back me. However I did make a statement that got some heated and I was wrong. That has got to be the 4th time I have said that lol.

I never wanted a beef but I threw something out there that is completely plausible, not factual and wow I got hammered for it. It was fun though.

I can see you and Ceasar getting upset over "people like me" questioning and yes postulating what the military does and what sort of agendas they have. However I don't know what your rank was or is and I doubt you or Ceasar really know whats going on when you have to follow orders blindly and accept those orders as good orders no matter what.

You could be told a village has 30 insurgents in it and that the village is to be wiped out only to find you had bad intel. Does a soldier come forth with intel that he is not suppose to share no. Civilians look at the military, well as far as Canada goes to make peace and we expect progress. If none is achieved we want you guys back home.

8 years going to become 10 years the longest war ever for the U.S. with us dragging on there coat tails and for what?

Again I didn't try to say anything as fact, I know I made a statement but wow for it to go this far is weird. Canada has been involved in more peace keeping missions than any other nation and these wars are not right.

I respect ya man, you put your lives on the line for what, big business but again thats not your doing. It's a lie perpetrated by government and world pressure.

Nuke igloos? Why? Penguins carrying bird-flu maybe? :rolleyes:

OK, that was purely a dig and in no way germane to the thread.

Sorry.

Igloos...Innuit...Polar bears...Arctic...Cold...Snow...Ice ...YEP!

But for heavens sake there are no ruddy penguins.

However I don't know what your rank was or is and I doubt you or Ceasar really know whats going on when you have to follow orders blindly and accept those orders as good orders no matter what.

But you know more of whats going on than us? And how about leaving how we follow orders "blindly" to us? Once again, you have the TV impression of the army. Yes we get orders, but no we dont follow them "blindly". Theres a lot more to it.

Igloos...Innuit...Polar bears...Arctic...Cold...Snow...Ice ...YEP!

But for heavens sake there are no ruddy penguins.

yep... wrong pole.

You are definitely 150% canadian Stellar! :tu:

LOL I did put my foot in my mouth when I called him an American. No doubt there and damn I knew that.

Edited by The Silver Thong

LOL I did put my foot in my mouth when I called him an American. No doubt there and damn I knew that.

so did i silver.... stellar explained a page back he was dropping clues... he's one tricky hosehead, eh? :lol:

But you know more of whats going on than us? And how about leaving how we follow orders "blindly" to us? Once again, you have the TV impression of the army. Yes we get orders, but no we dont follow them "blindly". Theres a lot more to it.

Your rank really doesn't matter. How about the military being more open with the country they represent. Cloak and dagger is so yesteryear LOL Can I ask, if you have boots on the ground in Afghanistan do those boots know why and for what purpose? besides the obvious. Is every mission handed to you explained in detail as to why or are you just told. Military thinking to me is like religious thinking.

Disclaimer on all posts in this thread I could be wrong.

so did i silver.... stellar explained a page back he was dropping clues... he's one tricky hosehead, eh?

Tricky? Before all those "clues" I clearly stated "Im Canadian ffs." I hardly see anything tricky about that.

Your rank really doesn't matter. How about the military being more open with the country they represent. Cloak and dagger is so yesteryear

Open about what? Could it be that they are open about it, youre just not hearing the answer you like so you say that they're being cloak and dagger?

LOL Can I ask, if you have boots on the ground in Afghanistan do those boots know why and for what purpose? besides the obvious.

Im beginning to question whether you know why and for what purpose they're fighting for.

Is every mission handed to you explained in detail as to why or are you just told. Military thinking to me is like religious thinking.

That depends on a couple things. Obviously if its something imminent you dont have time to go into detail. Having said that, without going into too much detail on public forums, if the leader is somewhat competent, we are explained why we are doing something. The situation on the ground can rapidly change, and what we have to do may no longer be applicable... we need to know how to change our plan in order to accomplish the same end result.

Tricky? Before all those "clues" I clearly stated "Im Canadian ffs." I hardly see anything tricky about that.

I have a weird feeling you think I know what "Canadian ffs" means....?.... I don't Stellar... either does google.

Open about what? Could it be that they are open about it, youre just not hearing the answer you like so you say that they're being cloak and dagger?

Im beginning to question whether you know why and for what purpose they're fighting for.

That depends on a couple things. Obviously if its something imminent you dont have time to go into detail. Having said that, without going into too much detail on public forums, if the leader is somewhat competent, we are explained why we are doing something. The situation on the ground can rapidly change, and what we have to do may no longer be applicable... we need to know how to change our plan in order to accomplish the same end result.

Sorry Stellar I did know that you were Canadian, guess I got caught up in all the attacks. I was more worried about deffence ;)

Anyway maybe UM should open a military forum so all us dumb civilians can come in prepared instead of ambushed Rambo style.

I think this thread for me has become something I didn't intend. Have at er eh LOL

I have a weird feeling you think I know what "Canadian ffs" means....?.... I don't Stellar... either does google

"Im Canadian ffs." means "Im Canadian for ****s sake."

I know for a fact Silver understands the term because he himself used it.

yes clues....

-- :tu: have a good one.

Maybe we should talk about The U.S. having nuclear weapons in Canada in order to save your own butt. Move on, this is about Russia and Poland. If this thread needs to become all about me and a slip up about simulations so be it.

Jeff, I believe you are not taking all details into account. Canada is a huge barely populated landmass with a long land border, facing USA. I am unsure about the modern Russia's capabilities, but USSR would be sure able to use Canada for a ground attack on US, if Cold War went apecrap. A disarming moderate nuclear strike on US and then massive landing to Canada and entrenching there while US sorts the ruins of its military installations. All Russian military hardware is specifically designed for the Canadian-type terrain (rivers, lakes, forests, swamps etc), while US hardware is designed for operating in deforestated areas (which fact everyone saw on TV during Kosovo war)... In such circumstances US can only use tactical nuclear weapons, striking Canadian soil. So, why not to emulate such strike in advance?

I was getting my military education during Cold War, and we were learning the offensive tactics during land nuclear war on the maps of Western Germany - but it did not mean USSR was going to attack West Germany! But what else to learn on - on the Moon globe? We knew all distances between the farms, lonely trees, forests, towns on "our" direction. If I now get there, I would be like home. My task was to facilitate the movement of the troops after nuclear artillery levels some town in 100 km ahead; so in 10-24 hours from the actual explosion my platoon was supposed to cross into the affected territory in scout APCs and mark the radiation levels, standardising them to 1 hour after the blast, and the troops were supposed to follow behind and reading my flags. No radio, as one cannot rely on this one after electromagnetic pulse, unless it is of WW2 type... No one seriously thought this would be ever materialised. But every military has their contingency plans for any case possible.

Jeff, I believe you are not taking all details into account. Canada is a huge barely populated landmass with a long land border, facing USA. I am unsure about the modern Russia's capabilities, but USSR would be sure able to use Canada for a ground attack on US, if Cold War went apecrap. A disarming moderate nuclear strike on US and then massive landing to Canada and entrenching there while US sorts the ruins of its military installations. All Russian military hardware is specifically designed for the Canadian-type terrain (rivers, lakes, forests, swamps etc), while US hardware is designed for operating in deforestated areas (which fact everyone saw on TV during Kosovo war)... In such circumstances US can only use tactical nuclear weapons, striking Canadian soil. So, why not to emulate such strike in advance?

I was getting my military education during Cold War, and we were learning the offensive tactics during land nuclear war on the maps of Western Germany - but it did not mean USSR was going to attack West Germany! But what else to learn on - on the Moon globe? We knew all distances between the farms, lonely trees, forests, towns on "our" direction. If I now get there, I would be like home. My task was to facilitate the movement of the troops after nuclear artillery levels some town in 100 km ahead; so in 10-24 hours from the actual explosion my platoon was supposed to cross into the affected territory in scout APCs and mark the radiation levels, standardising them to 1 hour after the blast, and the troops were supposed to follow behind and reading my flags. No radio, as one cannot rely on this one after electromagnetic pulse, unless it is of WW2 type... No one seriously thought this would be ever materialised. But every military has their contingency plans for any case possible.

The odds that Russia could land troops in Canada with out massive losses through conventional means, unless Russia took out the DEW line. Also yes, Canada has massive unpopulated land mass but Central Canada has been scarred by the retreating ice flows, the Prairies are vast open terrain, and we have dense urbanized areas.

It would be alot harder for the Russians to invade our territory.

~Thanato

The odds that Russia could land troops in Canada with out massive losses through conventional means, unless Russia took out the DEW line. Also yes, Canada has massive unpopulated land mass but Central Canada has been scarred by the retreating ice flows, the Prairies are vast open terrain, and we have dense urbanized areas.

It would be alot harder for the Russians to invade our territory.

~Thanato

I did not mean starting a discussion of the comparative military capabilities during Cold War, but if you look at the actual map, you would find that Russia is located about 40 km away from Alaska, so you do not need to expect the paratroopers directly to Toronto.

I did not mean starting a discussion of the comparative military capabilities during Cold War, but if you look at the actual map, you would find that Russia is located about 40 km away from Alaska, so you do not need to expect the paratroopers directly to Toronto.

Yes but Russia would have a hard time transporting thousands of troops and equipment from Alaska down through Canada to invade the United States.

~Thanato