Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadows

Julie

I would like to know if someone can explain this to me. I see black shadows in my house. Sometimes they follow me, sometimes they just stand in a corner, doorway(especially when I go to bed). I don't think they will hurt me, but sometimes I am scared. Sometimes there are more than 1, it appears to be 2 adults and a child. Most of the times it's just one big shadow.Am I crazy, or can someone tell me something, please.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julie

• Angelfish

• OreoSuicide

• Benjo Koolzooie

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been for the last couple of years, say 5. I moved once and they seem to follow me.

Guest Lottie

You wrote:

especially at night

Lots of people see weird things especially at night, this is to do with your eyes and the adjustments they are making to find more light etc when it gets dark. Also your brain is natrually calming down at night and getting ready for sleep.

I would say there is no issue. Can I ask are you very interested in the paranormal? Do you believe yourself to be able to see Ghosts? This is just a question nothing else.

Yes I am interested in the paranormal. The only problem is, I don't see it only at nights,it happens during the day as well.I don't see it everyday, nothing at the moment.But when it happens it continous it lasts for weeks.I don't see ghosts but I believe I have 3 stories to tell.

Guest Lottie

When you see these shadows are they only for a split second or longer? What makes you think there are two adults and a child? Can you describe these shadows in greater detail? It would be interesting to hear your other stories.

And by the way, Welcome to the forum! original.giforiginal.gif

shadows are no big deal, really.

more often than not, that's all they are.

I see the shadow-people all the time.

Most of the times it's just one big shadow

dont be scared, chances are, it your shadow. Just get a bar of soap and try attaching it to your foot like peter pan. thumbsup.gif

Thanks. The reason I think its adults and a child, is two are big and 1 is about 1m tall. I can see them for long times. It feels like I got companions with me, for hours.I can't tell if its male of female, the best way to describe it is. it looks like a shadow, but standing tall.

Very funny moe!! Tipical male responce, my husband also thinks Im crazy.And it's not my shadow!!! devil.gif

Me make a suggestion?

Next time you see one, look around for something that would make a shadow, might explain it.

dammit...my foot fell asleep........

Will look for something with a shadow, but how do you explain that it moves around???Sometimes it stands behind, and then in the corner again???

Rub you leg, it will help. huh.gif

If the light source moves, than so will the shadow.

Welcome to the forum Julie,

I didn't quite catch wether or not you see them for any great deal of time . Are they just the fleeting glimpse type of shadow or do you view them for longer periods ?

Also why do you feel they are the same shadows from your previos home ?

One more question have you ever interacted with them ?

I see them for the whole day and evening,they move around with me in the house.Always behind me, but they stay there if I turn around.Sometimes I see them in the doorway of my bedroom when Im in bed at night. I think its the same shadows because why me? I don't know what it is, and where will new ones come from. I know some think it's my shadow, but please, I didn't join to be funny, I wanted to know if someone can tell me more. I never tried to communicate with them because Im scared. I asked a priest once if he can help me, and he said its demons, because they are black. But I don't know if I can believe that. Nowhere in the Bible its written that demons are black??They dont bother me, its just sometimes I get scared.I believe if they wanted to hurt me, they would have dont that.I just want to know more.

Hey julie,

I just sent you an email, but I found alot of good websites on google under shadow people, I just read abunch of stories about the same thing. Not everthing can be explained away by light and time of day. Instincts are in us for a reason.

Madelyne, well said on our instincts. Whenever you doubt yourself and go against the instincts you've been given, if my memory serves me correctly, those were the times I've really screwed something up!

• 1 month later...

I have read numerous postings on this site which refer to sightings of dark figures or "shadow people". This seems to be quite a common experience. My brother has also seen one of these apparitions, I can still remember the incident well even though I never saw this thing. There were a bunch of us messing around in the woods at the time, suddenly my brother jumped as though frightened. He described how he had seen this thing moving from left to right behind me and a few other guys who were there. His exact words were "it looked like a shadow". It was human in form and moved quickly. He went on to say it wasn't the first time that he had seen this kind of thing, he had also caught a glimpse of it in our house one time but had put it down to a trick of the mind. It may be a coincidence but around the same time that the sightings of this thing occured I was quite heavily involved in playing with ouija boards. Many years later my mum visited a "medium" who warned her that I had invited a bad presence into the home. I'm not sure what to make of this as I am very skeptical about so called mediums, it may just be that she guessed I had dabbled with the ouija board. What I do know is that my brother almost jumped out of his boots when he saw what he saw. Does anyone think this thing was a spirit or are there any other theories which may explain these shadow like apparitions?

We would much rather you post your experience in a thread that already addresses the subject than have you start a completely new topic, Oreo. It helps cut down on multiple threads all dealing with the same topic, and makes the subject easier to locate. I've merged your post with a similar thread so those interested in the phenomena can enjoy a good sampling of occurances.

MM

I have been inactive on this forum for some time. What draws my attention to post this, is the eerie sensation that I'm being watched.

I'm sitting down looking at my pc when suddenly I see a white robe flash behind me, and when I turn around it vanished.

Two nights ago, I get the same thing, except this time it's a dark shadow.

What gives?

I usta get that 2,

Pretty much when researching something "like this" it your senses kinda get relaxed and than you see\hear something and sorta jump, usta happen 2 me alllllll the time...*looks around* eek...

Julie,

Just recently, I began to see a black shadow in my bedroom as well, but it's always draped over my dresser as if it were a large human. We started seeing a child ghost/spirit run around in the living room and I was fine with that, but I haven't seen this large black shadow until recently. I don't get a harmful feeling from it at all....just kind of weird. I love the paranormal and I'm actually taking classes to be a certified ghost hunter/paranormal investigator. This stuff doesn't freak me out, it just makes me question, "why me?" So, you aren't alone. Feel free to write me at my email!

P.S. I know it is a kid ghost cause I always think it's my son playing tricks and jumping on the sofa when he's no where to be found. It's about his height too.

Heidi

Edited by myrtlesauthor