Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 is not a great prediction

readyfor2013

2012 is fake!

stop worrying.

the mayans were still making calenders

and 2012 was the last year before

a tribe came and wiped out the whole tribe.

im 13 and i was worrying about

this so i did alot of research on this.

yes i worry about the planets lining up and freezing us.

im very open minded and i dont like it.

but science shows this is a preposterous prediction.

all these theories of doomsday have all been wrong.

why should this be any different?

believe god and trust he will suprise us

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tinieblas

• Golden Hawk

• TheSearcher

• lynxster

great!

no one cares

There is,nt a sane man woman or child who believe,s the world is gona end soon

i dont know! about this.. but hey at least I graduate high schooool before dying (if its true)... oh yes.. i graduate in may 2012..

Just imagine 2012 was predicted how the world would be like but were they able to predict the details that are currently seen right now? If 2012 is true and accurate, they must be able to predict also the entire status of the world economy.

And if they could, I believe a lot of clairvoyants would be paid or hired by a lot of businessmen so they could make more profits than usual

4a. Shouting: Do not write in all uppercase letters, writing in this manner is considered "shouting" and makes posts difficult to read as well as looking unsightly and being annoying to other visitors.
Edited by Superman
Capslock is not cruise control for cool..

Of course the idea that the Mayan calendar ending in 2012 portends the end of the world is ludicrous. No reason to worry.

Of course the idea that the Mayan calendar ending in 2012 portends the end of the world is ludicrous. No reason to worry.

Besides the calculations are 200 years off.....

Edited by TheSearcher

Hey people! My first post!

Anyway, 2012 is just a movie as far as I am concerned. My desk calendar ends December 2009 - Oh no!! That means I'll just have to go and buy myself a new one!

The mayans knew a lot more than what we know today... I believe... and that's as far as my beliefs go.

Good for you.

Not going to happen, don't worry.

It shouldn't and it won't, but its nothing to do with science my dear, its idiots on the internet making money.

of course not. its all based off sitchins BS mistranslations, conjecture and lack of education.

I don't think it would be the end:

About 25 or 26 minuttes in this video interview with Robert O. Dean (who had Cosmic Top Secret Clearance) Robert mention about that the World War III is so close in the year 2012, but the ET's interfere and avoid it. The ET's will put humans arround there and there and there to avoid any conflicts between humans.

In the 1960'ies the UFOs shut down nuclear warheads.

Twice i have been asked this question: >>Then why did the aliens not stop the atomic bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima during World War II?<<, so i will of course repeat my answer to that:

My theory are as follow:

1) The ET's were not aware of the atomic bombs, so they got surprised, or

2) The ET's were aware of it, but they let the Americans bomb Nakasaki and Hiroshima, because if the ET's disabled the Atomic bombs then the Japanese may not had surrender, and World War II would possibly had continued for a much longer time, or

3) The ET's were aware of it, but they would see the effect of the atomic bomb before avoiding any future World War III, or

4) A combination of 2) and 3)

That's how i see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKExRqqlPJU Interview with Inca Indians about 2012

But then there is bull like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz86TsGx3fc 2012 Movie (trailer), that i think is bull

With the Mayan prophesy remember Y2K was good for business also. People went out and unnecessarily bought new computers, some even filled their cellars with food to prepare for the worst.

Despite the fact that the actual calendar correlation date has been shown to be 200yrs out the hype still continues and why???because its big business and people are making a lot of money out of it, while thats happening it isnt going to stop.

I wonder if a dates been fixed for the next end of the world after 2012 has been and gone? any suggestions?

To me 2012 will be about Revelation (as I've said on various fora related to 2012 and been ignored because it's either complete distruction or nothing!); that's what apocalypse means (from the Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation" not the commonly accepted malapropism pushed by Hollywood) a revelation or awareness of something previously unseen. I think it will be aliens (first contact) or the supernatural (so-called demons or ghosts/spirits) which will be revealed to us and remove doubts of their existance....an awakening for human beings to the fact that there's more out there than most are prepared to admit.

Not end of the world per se but end of the world as we know it just like Nostrodamus said (he never said it would be the end of the world at all, that's sensationalism at it's best, read the book and you'll see).......again, not end of the world, rather end of an Age or Era; just like the Mayan calendar indicates; the 4th Age.

Just imagine 2012 was predicted how the world would be like but were they able to predict the details that are currently seen right now? If 2012 is true and accurate, they must be able to predict also the entire status of the world economy.

And if they could, I believe a lot of clairvoyants would be paid or hired by a lot of businessmen so they could make more profits than usual

You can see the future but you cannot change it, it does not work that way. I'm not personally a clairvoyant but such a talent is a curse because all you can do is advise....that's why most clairvoyants will not tell you of your impending death, even if they see it, because most human beings are not equipped to deal with such things.

If 2012 is true and accurate, they must be able to predict also the entire status of the world economy.

The economy is a man made system. Predictions in the economy are easier to follow and easier to make because it is man that made it, and man that makes the predictions. the earth on the other hand was made by the big bang, aka the scattering of matter and energy through our universe that in the "expanding universe" theory is still exploding outwards and creating more and more universe. you can't predict natural disasters. the closest thing we can do to predicting the end of the world is if our satellites pick up information on a meteor or large comet coming towards the earth. That's about as far as predicting the end of the world goes.

Mulder, I first read about the Mayan calender in the early `70`s, Sitchin had nothing to do with it. And for Ra, the first nuclear detonation was at Trinity in New Mexico. How do you think the ETs could have missed that one?

i dont know! about this.. but hey at least I graduate high schooool before dying (if its true)... oh yes.. i graduate in may 2012..

Emmanuel

Congrats on the graduation, ahead of time; you know in case. :innocent::wacko::devil:

There are six reasons/myths the Mayan calender shtick should not be believed by anyone with a pulse.

MYTH ONE: The Mayan calender DOES NOT end on 12-12-2012 it recycles itself, DUH! :blink:

MYTH TWO: Break away continents will destroy the earth. Shifts occur constantly it's called continental drift and the results are called earthquakes. Such drifts occur 24/7 and movement is usually too slight to even feel :rofl: (I grew up in California, you don't worry until it hits 4.5 on the RS).

MYTH THREE: A galactic allignment will cause the earth to split apart. UHM It happens at every Winter and Spring Equanoix :blush: (never could spell that word).

MYTH FOUR: There's a PLANET "X" headed our way. Nope not even. If there was we would have been studying it for the last ten plus years.

MYTH FIVE: Solar Storms will ravage the planet. They happen all the time and we are not due for a cycle until @2014.

MYTH SIX: Maya had predicitions for the future. YEP, theirs NOT anyone elses, and it was for the ruling elite for a good agricultural season :tu: .

The Maya were not future predictors, besides I find it extremely funny that the very relegious folks are the ones who started this stuff really moving. If they read their Bible as often as they try to quote it they would know that in Revelation it is clearly stated:

"Not even His Angels in Heaven shall know of the appointed time."

I don't know about anyone else :hmm: , but I sure as heck don't know more than G-D's angels, let alone G-D himself. :innocent:

*sigh* 2012 is not the end of the world. The Mayan calendar has never said that and never will say that. People who believe the predictions and have done their research (not wiki and the Daily Fail or National Expirer) will see that the Mayans spoke not of an end but of the ending of an age of the world; a change, an alteration, even an awakening. Apocalypse is the single most understood word in the English language (again, *sigh* Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation").....

the world will not end, we never said that, the sesationalist media said that and the odd whack-job says that, but no-one serious does...

2012 will begin a change in how humans view the world and perhaps the universe, but not be the end of it all

So far I agree with tinieblas the most. My family has discussed 2012 several times. We've all agreed that something will happen but it will not end the world. We also have agreed that our planet may undergo some changes. We discussed the magnetic poles possibly shifting. There is evidence of this happening in the past. Nobody knows what is going to happen, if anything. I agree with the fact that we aren't all going to die and theres nothing to stress over. However, I do beleive that something somewhat small is going to happen.

I know 2012 is not the end of the world anyway; I'm going to be fine until 2021 so, I believe, shall be many more people.

2012 is fake!

stop worrying.

the mayans were still making calenders

and 2012 was the last year before

a tribe came and wiped out the whole tribe.

im very open minded and i dont like it.

believe god and trust he will suprise us

Wrong. The Mayas did believe a great event would happend in 2012. They believed their Great Serpent Dragon God Kuculcan would return to the earth on that date and possibly cause floods as the ancient Codex depicts him vomiting up a torrent of water. Perhaps this is a prediction of global warming melting the polar caps.

Wrong. The Mayas did believe a great event would happend in 2012. They believed their Great Serpent Dragon God Kuculcan would return to the earth on that date and possibly cause floods as the ancient Codex depicts him vomiting up a torrent of water. Perhaps this is a prediction of global warming melting the polar caps.

Long time, no see DC. How're you mate? And no, the mayan did not believe a great event would happen in 2012, since

a) the calculations are about 208 years off target

B) the calendar is just ending a cycle and a new one will start

OK, now that this 2012 nonsense is out of the way, I have a question,for you DC. As far as I know, Kuculcan was the Maya supreme god, to whom the Maya attributed many functions. Not only was he a god of the four elements, he was also a creator god and the god of resurrection and reincarnation. He originated from Toltec myth, where he was a divine hero who taught the Toltecs laws, fishing, healing, the calendar, and agriculture. He emerged from the ocean, and disappeared in it afterwards.

What I would like to know though, is where you found the prediction about him coming back, vomiting water, because you're the first I heard ever mentioning this.