Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psi wheel exposed

UM-Bot

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• DrunkDwarf

• Tann

• chi-spinner

A very good explanation, and one that could easily be verified by anyone.

Would someone who claims to be telekinetic because of how they can manipulate the "psi wheel" like to comment?

A very good explanation, and one that could easily be verified by anyone.

Would someone who claims to be telekinetic because of how they can manipulate the "psi wheel" like to comment?

Don't think this has anything to do with convection. He can choose what direction and the rate of spin. That Science of Scam show seems pretty ridiculous as well. I appreciate open-minded skepticism, but they are going out with the sole intention to reveal certain things as "scams" which will only generate one result.

Don't think this has anything to do with convection. He can choose what direction and the rate of spin. That Science of Scam show seems pretty ridiculous as well. I appreciate open-minded skepticism, but they are going out with the sole intention to reveal certain things as "scams" which will only generate one result.

Yes and youtube videos are about as useful for evidence as a turnip. It is not controlled conditions and if he can move something KNOWN to move under convection then he should be able to do it in controlled conditions. Wonder why no one has?

Edited by Mattshark

Yes I remember reading about this topic before I even joined UM, one incredible story on a site from a guy who was actually a founding member of a telekinesis (TK as they called it) group for a few years, and was their forum admin and resident expert.

He finally decided he had seen and heard enough people trying to disprove the psi wheel and being a college or high school student with a good understanding of the scientific method (somewhat strangely, for a TK advocate), he set about a number of tests that took possibly an entire year, noting times, barometric pressure changes, the ambient room temperature and that of his own hands, placing the wheel under glass containers and having his wife also participate in his tests to help eliminate experimenter bias, etc.

The long and short of it is that he too reached the conclusion that the psi wheel moved because of convection and a number of other factors, including temperature, wind and even air pressure, working like a chimney if I remember correctly - he admitted that in all his years of interest, participating and championing TK via psi wheel, he had been laboring and arguing from a bogus and presumptive standpoint. He stated he still believed in TK and felt certain it would be proven eventually, but he said (to paraphrase), "the psi wheel isn't going to do it."

• 4 weeks later...

It's sad that a well produced video called "The Science of Scams" doesn't have a real scientist - Just Kat with only her BS in science. Her explanation is wrong - it is the rising vapor from the mugs that causes the convection current, not the heat of the mugs. She should try it with radiant heat, like a light bulb, to make a comparison with a person's hand. It's silly that some producer of the video or someone doesn't check the science. Plus the host looks silly too being a part of a video with such faulty science, "The Science of Scams" my butt.