Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A7X Vampyre 6661

Im pretty fricken sick of everyone freaking out about this 2012 crap. Nostradamus (dont care if i spelled that right) predicted the end of the world would be on may 5, 1999 and nothing happened. Everyone wants something to happen. everyone wants to believe that they will see the apocalypse and be one of the ones saved. Its kind of funny that because the mayan calendar ends in 2012 everyone freaks and thinks the world will end. THINK ABOUT THIS the MAYANS. how long ago were they around? A LONG TIME AGO. and it's even a fricken shock that they planned out the calendar that far in the future. do you really think they predicted the end? how do you know they didn't just go,"okay, i think that's pretty far enough in the future don't you think paco?" like come oooonnnnnn

im gonna laugh when nothing happens.

doesn't anyone remember y2k? that didn't happen.

Now they have a movie coming out. All this hype about this stupid **** is all for money. Don't you see the greedy pigs scaring you so they can stuff their faces some more with ridiculous possessions while REAL people are struggling to live and feed their families and keep their homes. It's pretty sad.

if the world does end on 2012 so be it. who gives a ****. People only give a **** about the earth when it threatens their daily life.

i say forget these stupid predictions and just live your damn lives. and i won't see that movie or pay for it. I won't contribute the hype and paranoia. and if anyone starts going crazy thinking the world is gonna end and comes to my house trying to steal **** or kill some one because there is no tomorrow. i will defend myself accordingly. sitting on the porch with a shotgun, a cigarette, a joint, and a bottle of crown. that'll be me. and then illl laugh when nothing happens.

IT's pretty funny to think that everyone is selfish enough to think that they are special enough to see the end of the world. think about the billions of people that came before you. think of the billions of years before us.

just give that a little thought or two. ponder.

im not trying to offend anyone or attack anyone. this is just my personal belief.

anyway. thanks for reading. =]

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A7X Vampyre 6661

• DrunkDwarf

• Taco Grande

• tinieblas

i think all of this 2012 hype is being created to influence worldwide consciousness to actually create these catastrophes. As with everything in the media. Also in the commercials for 2012 there have been lots of new world order propaganda with lines like "if we stand apart we are weak but if we unite and fight together we might just survive" these kind've movies are just detrimental to human consciousness the more people that believe this propaganda the more likely these things will actually happen. Its just so disappointing that people will walk out the theater and be frightened of what they now think is very likely to happen. Also another movie coming out Planet 51 is attempting to humanize ****ing aliens!

Either way, december 5th 2012 is definitely gonna be an interesting day for all. It just makes me feel a bit worried for the ones that do take this too seriously and do something stupid like hurting another or themselves.

But as a side note out of my own paranoia's sake, ill probably be in doors for the day, to avoid the possible dangerous people running around that may be looting and what not and too also be, ya know, on the safe side sorta... AND THATS WHEN I HIT EM WITH THE BAT!!!! :P

But dont obviously forget that since people love to focus on the whole ending of humanity side of the story, that its really more like its a 1 of 2 possible outcomes. Either world destruction or world piece (i personally dont think we are close enough to either outcomes just yet). But as they say everything comes to an end and to always face the curtain with a bow.

I'll start worrying when we'll have 2012 different threads about 2012 on this forum...

Edited by innerverse

I'll start worrying when we'll have 2012 different threads about 2012 on this forum...

haha! you are so funny. pat yourself on the back. what else you think is gonna be posted about in the 2012 forum? Let me repeat that, the 2012 forum. hey lets talk about talking dogs in the 2012 forum. sounds like a good idea. who wants to start? lol

Edited by A7X Vampyre 6661

well i reckon that if dogs could talk, that there would be..... wait..... you where kidding?..... dammit.

Nostradamus (dont care if i spelled that right) predicted the end of the world would be on may 5, 1999 and nothing happened.

Actually, Nostradamus has predictions up to 3797 A.D.

silly......have you actually read the Prophecies of Nostradamus or just read what the newspapers and internet say about it? Our French friend (Pierre de Nostradame) predicted "the end of the world as we know it"..... note the important three words as we know it we can't witness the change of the world as we know it if we're not around to notice the change can we?

2012 is the end of an Age of the world; not the end of the world. The world will change and the human race will also change; or at least the change will begin, but the human race will endure for some time yet. I can say with some authority that the world will continue past at least 2021; nine years after 2012....

what this change will be, I have no idea but I hope humans will change for the better..

Nostradamus never mentioned a specific date for anything, its only those that translate the quatrains that apply a date to the prediction.

The Maya did believe in the cyclical nature of time, of different "worlds", and that we are supposed to be entering into the Fifth world, this is a common belief amongst the different mesoamerican cultures, aswell as native americans (though many of them disagree on the number of worlds we've entered into already). These "worlds" were just their way to categorize the different ages of their own societies. The only vague predictions attached to these "worlds" was that we'd slowly travel further on our journey, become more advanced, more understanding of the world, more spiritual etc, quite basic stuff really. Current Native Americans, such as the Hopi, believe that in this next world, we'll all start to live in harmony with the earth and stop destroying it, and thats the kind of 2012 prediction i could definately get on board with.

Actually, Nostradamus has predictions up to 3797 A.D.

that's cool. didn't hear about any of them coming true, otherwise my views would probably be alot different

silly......have you actually read the Prophecies of Nostradamus or just read what the newspapers and internet say about it? Our French friend (Pierre de Nostradame) predicted "the end of the world as we know it"..... note the important three words as we know it we can't witness the change of the world as we know it if we're not around to notice the change can we?

2012 is the end of an Age of the world; not the end of the world. The world will change and the human race will also change; or at least the change will begin, but the human race will endure for some time yet. I can say with some authority that the world will continue past at least 2021; nine years after 2012....

what this change will be, I have no idea but I hope humans will change for the better..

no i haven't read them because i really don't give a **** what some old dude had to say. i know its not the end of the world. that's what i've been trying to say. im just sick of everyone being scared it is. my sister is like terrified and im just like COME ON!

Current Native Americans, such as the Hopi, believe that in this next world, we'll all start to live in harmony with the earth and stop destroying it, and thats the kind of 2012 prediction i could definately get on board with.

that's the kind of prediction i could live with too. I'm Blackfoot Native American. One of my biggest pet peeves is ignorance of the state of our earth. I do everything I can to use renewable resources and recycle everything that i can.

i reckon there should just be a zombie outbreak 2012. it'd be fun :w00t:

Yeah, fighting for your life against a horde of mindless near-unstoppable cannibals is always "fun". :P While the movie/game concept of grabbing lots of guns and a samurai sword and going all out guns blazing sounds like a hoot, in reality, everybody just ends up dead, at the hands of zombies, suicide, or at the hands of other survivors who've inevitably gone crazy due to the pointlessness of existance in a doomed world. Yeah, when you start to look at how it would really play out, it stops being "fun". We can't all be Ashley J. Williams unfortunately. B)

Edited by DrunkDwarf

Nostradamus never mentioned a specific date for anything, its only those that translate the quatrains that apply a date to the prediction.

The Maya did believe in the cyclical nature of time, of different "worlds", and that we are supposed to be entering into the Fifth world, this is a common belief amongst the different mesoamerican cultures, aswell as native americans (though many of them disagree on the number of worlds we've entered into already). These "worlds" were just their way to categorize the different ages of their own societies. The only vague predictions attached to these "worlds" was that we'd slowly travel further on our journey, become more advanced, more understanding of the world, more spiritual etc, quite basic stuff really. Current Native Americans, such as the Hopi, believe that in this next world, we'll all start to live in harmony with the earth and stop destroying it, and thats the kind of 2012 prediction i could definately get on board with.

Dwarf, the human race needs to do something before it's too late; I couldn't agree more!! My thought is that this new world or age will be one of spiritual (not religious) awakening and, through that a realisation of the interconnectedness of all things in the universe, therefore the foolishness of distroying our environment and other life. Of course people will also realise the foolishness already carried out in decimating the peoples who followed this belief, unmolested, for thousands of years before we "enlightened" folks turned up.....I just hope that happens!

Yeah, fighting for your life against a horde of mindless near-unstoppable cannibals is always "fun". :P While the movie/game concept of grabbing lots of guns and a samurai sword and going all out guns blazing sounds like a hoot, in reality, everybody just ends up dead, at the hands of zombies, suicide, or at the hands of other survivors who've inevitably gone crazy due to the pointlessness of existance in a doomed world. Yeah, when you start to look at how it would really play out, it stops being "fun". We can't all be Ashley J. Williams unfortunately. B)

Hey hey hey, ive been planning this outbreak for a while now, and when it eventually comes, im gonna be ready! unlike you im guessing whos gonna be a little dwarf zombie.... :D

dont whale on my zombie dream :unsure:

i also read or watched this documentry on 2012 ( like when i first heard bout this theory and thought it was interesting ) isnt their like another calander that dosnt say its gona be the end of the world but that the world is slipping into a different age theirs a high chance that is just the mayan calander and i havnt read enough about this because tbh it dosnt really bother me to much so im not exactly and expert.

Edited by Big Jon

You know I would be really p***ed if the world ended before I get to watch X-files 3 which is supposedly due to be released on the same date. :angry:

dont whale on my zombie dream :unsure:

i also read or watched this documentry on 2012 ( like when i first heard bout this theory and thought it was interesting ) isnt their like another calander that dosnt say its gona be the end of the world but that the world is slipping into a different age theirs a high chance that is just the mayan calander and i havnt read enough about this because tbh it dosnt really bother me to much so im not exactly and expert.

I've now got the image of Zombie Whales swimming around in my head for some reason.

No calendar belonging to the Mayans or any other Mesoamerican culture ever said the world was going to end. People have just been spreading nonsense that it does. Calendars of all types made by all cultures tend to have an end date, after which a new calendar is needed, the Mayan one is no different. So you're right not to be bothered by it all.

Predicting the world is going to end is a bit pointless really, if it does turn out to be true, you dont get to enjoy any praise for being correct.

Ok, here is my opinion here...

People like the mystery of 2012. What will it be? is it true? which ancient text got it right? Will it be the end or wont it? etc.

I often wish I lived in an earlier era. Life is so dry and dull. There is not mystery or magic anymore. It used to be a special occurrence when eclipses happened, lighting was from the gods, dancing was for ceremony, not just a Friday night hook up. Even the sun rising everyday was an act of the gods!

The further we go, the more science is explaining. Darn it! Maybe I want to be in awe of a comet! Maybe I don't want a geological breakdown of how the grand canyon was formed or plate tectonics. I would still like to find some things special.

I have nothing against science. In fact, it was my best subject in school. I love science actually, just hate the erasure of mystery. Thats why being a kid was so great. There was Santa, tooth fairy, monsters under the bed, you could play pretend, imagination was encouraged. We really thought that our actions meant something. ex. Be good for Santa and get presents. We believed rituals worked. ex. leave a tooth under your pillow and the tooth fairy will leave money (but in my home, we left the tooth in a glass of water on the kitchen table and there was a quarter there the next morning- my parents didn't want to wake us I guess)

As for 2012, I have my view on it I wont share because everyone loves to flame the crazy person. Everyone loves to give the one word reply to up the post count that just says "source?". Everyone thinks that to have an opinion on it, you must be a geologist, physicist, mathematician, and have some kind of explanation. No one can have a gut feeling, or just believe. I just do love the mystery of it. I have no specific link. I have no facts to back of my feelings. I just have my feelings, and the tons of theories I have heard. I am not going to go crazy, spend my savings, quit my job or commit suicide, but I will be out of Florida from Dec. 18th - 23rd 2012. Ok, so if something does happen, Im "safer". If it doesn't, well, I have had a nice little get away from the holiday stress.

I also know this, for all of you that will inevitably make snide comments for this post... I am not quite 30, in perfect health, and my family has no health problem history. Yet, I still pay for health insurance... just in case. Do you see the comparison?

Ok, here is my opinion here...

People like the mystery of 2012. What will it be? is it true? which ancient text got it right? Will it be the end or wont it? etc.

I often wish I lived in an earlier era. Life is so dry and dull. There is not mystery or magic anymore. It used to be a special occurrence when eclipses happened, lighting was from the gods, dancing was for ceremony, not just a Friday night hook up. Even the sun rising everyday was an act of the gods!

The further we go, the more science is explaining. Darn it! Maybe I want to be in awe of a comet! Maybe I don't want a geological breakdown of how the grand canyon was formed or plate tectonics. I would still like to find some things special.

I have nothing against science. In fact, it was my best subject in school. I love science actually, just hate the erasure of mystery. Thats why being a kid was so great. There was Santa, tooth fairy, monsters under the bed, you could play pretend, imagination was encouraged. We really thought that our actions meant something. ex. Be good for Santa and get presents. We believed rituals worked. ex. leave a tooth under your pillow and the tooth fairy will leave money (but in my home, we left the tooth in a glass of water on the kitchen table and there was a quarter there the next morning- my parents didn't want to wake us I guess)

As for 2012, I have my view on it I wont share because everyone loves to flame the crazy person. Everyone loves to give the one word reply to up the post count that just says "source?". Everyone thinks that to have an opinion on it, you must be a geologist, physicist, mathematician, and have some kind of explanation. No one can have a gut feeling, or just believe. I just do love the mystery of it. I have no specific link. I have no facts to back of my feelings. I just have my feelings, and the tons of theories I have heard. I am not going to go crazy, spend my savings, quit my job or commit suicide, but I will be out of Florida from Dec. 18th - 23rd 2012. Ok, so if something does happen, Im "safer". If it doesn't, well, I have had a nice little get away from the holiday stress.

I also know this, for all of you that will inevitably make snide comments for this post... I am not quite 30, in perfect health, and my family has no health problem history. Yet, I still pay for health insurance... just in case. Do you see the comparison?

No snide comments mate, not from me anyway. Although I do not share your view on the magic being gone. I for one am still in awe when I see the aurora borealis, or a comet, etc. The sheer beauty of it is breathtaking. Science explains a lot yes, but that does not mean you cannot appreciate the beauty of a thing or how it makes you feel. The magic only leaves if you let it go. Hell, I still believe rituals work. I work as a sys admin for a cell phone provider, every time we implement something new, I still knock on wood and make sure I wear my lucky boots, cause otherwise I could jinx it.

The magic in itself, I don't think it leaves, it just evolves as we do. Santa maybe becomes Yoda, the toothfairy is a klingon. Wouldn't that be a sight? Yoda in a red outfit : "Good have you been? Presents receive you will." or "Quh'Plagh!! Give me your tooth, you P'Taqh!" :D

OK I'll stop digressing now. Matter of fact, it's normal that people become a tad hyped, when it comes to 2012 and imagine the worst. With all the dooms day sayers around, it's a small miracle that there have not been any full fledged riots about it yet, asking the Governments of the world to stop hiding the truth.

All in all it's just a media phenomenon, on which people hope to cash in. And if you feel that tad little better on being out of Florida on that day? So what? In the end, you do, what makes you feel comfortable, nothing else to it and nothing wrong with that either.

I think that something is gonna happen. But im not sure that it will be the end of the world. Maybe we will finally make contact to extra terrestrial life or something.

I think that something is gonna happen. But im not sure that it will be the end of the world. Maybe we will finally make contact to extra terrestrial life or something.

Something will happen in 2012, that statement will always be true. Something will happen in 2013 too.

We can always hope that something sensational and awesome occurs, world peace, end to hunger, extinction of elephants, the usual good stuff... wait... scrub that elephant thing, not all of you will agree unfortunately. :P

No snide comments mate, not from me anyway. Although I do not share your view on the magic being gone. I for one am still in awe when I see the aurora borealis, or a comet, etc. The sheer beauty of it is breathtaking. Science explains a lot yes, but that does not mean you cannot appreciate the beauty of a thing or how it makes you feel. The magic only leaves if you let it go. Hell, I still believe rituals work. I work as a sys admin for a cell phone provider, every time we implement something new, I still knock on wood and make sure I wear my lucky boots, cause otherwise I could jinx it.

The magic in itself, I don't think it leaves, it just evolves as we do. Santa maybe becomes Yoda, the toothfairy is a klingon. Wouldn't that be a sight? Yoda in a red outfit : "Good have you been? Presents receive you will." or "Quh'Plagh!! Give me your tooth, you P'Taqh!" :D

OK I'll stop digressing now. Matter of fact, it's normal that people become a tad hyped, when it comes to 2012 and imagine the worst. With all the dooms day sayers around, it's a small miracle that there have not been any full fledged riots about it yet, asking the Governments of the world to stop hiding the truth.

All in all it's just a media phenomenon, on which people hope to cash in. And if you feel that tad little better on being out of Florida on that day? So what? In the end, you do, what makes you feel comfortable, nothing else to it and nothing wrong with that either.

Thanks so much for really responding!!! Very true with all you say... I like the idea of yoda in a santa outfit. but how does one make the magic stay? for me, every darn thing in this world has some sort of explanation, and the few things that dont... well, it seems science is throwing theories at us so hard that they don't want us to have to think about it...

why have a team of scientists working around the clock to figure out why we blush? why cant we just blush?