Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mona Lisa "had eyebrows"

UM-Bot

A French art expert who has analysed Leonardo Da Vinci's famous painting the Mona Lisa using a 240 megapixel camera has determined that the picture would have originally had eyebrows that were later lost.

"The Mona Lisa originally had eyebrows, according to a French art expert who has analysed Leonardo da Vinci's masterpiece with a special camera. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Telegraph

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shaka5

• Psycho78

• UM-Bot

• Rhincewind

Top Posters In This Topic

this has been posted several times already,,

i'm so tired of hearing about this painting, it's one of the most overrated objects in history....AND NO!!!...SHE IS NOT BEAUTIFUL NOR IS IT A BEAUTIFUL PAINTING!!!

i'm so tired of hearing about this painting, it's one of the most overrated objects in history....AND NO!!!...SHE IS NOT BEAUTIFUL NOR IS IT A BEAUTIFUL PAINTING!!!

If you had read the article, you would know that the point of it is that the painting looked totaly different 500 years ago. Not just the eyebrows, but the dimensions of her features and all the colors were originaly quite different. It was an attempt at making the most realistic and 3Dish painting possible. But the ingredients used in this experimental, once marvel of human achievment have warped drastically over time. Leaving us with a painting that you hate and wish to be stricken from future threads on this forum.

How very wise of you, shaka5. Very wise indeed.

Yeah, she probably had a mono-brow.

Maybe Leo should of thrown back a few beers first..

hotsexymonalisa.png[/url]

Interesting article. I saw it in the Louvre a couple of years ago. Not much to look at. But knowing it looked totally diferent 500 years ago puts a whole new spin on it.

If you had read the article, you would know that the point of it is that the painting looked totaly different 500 years ago. Not just the eyebrows, but the dimensions of her features and all the colors were originaly quite different. It was an attempt at making the most realistic and 3Dish painting possible. But the ingredients used in this experimental, once marvel of human achievment have warped drastically over time. Leaving us with a painting that you hate and wish to be stricken from future threads on this forum.

How very wise of you, shaka5. Very wise indeed.

Hahahahaha....you know that for a fact that i didn't read the article...ok ms.cleo, i did...just like the other millions of the mona lisa/mona lisa's eyebrow threads that has been on this site. Yes, i really wish it never makes it on here again. Honestly, the mona lisa is really and truely overrated, it's a very handsome lady sitting there with a smirk with trees and whatever in the background...even if it looked different back then, it would just mainly be the colors...time wouldn't changed her face structure...the background probably looked better, but still shouldn't get so much attention

Yeah, she probably had a mono-brow.

Maybe Leo should of thrown back a few beers first..

hotsexymonalisa.png[/url]

lmao, the beers is what made him think she was hot in the first place, lol...we all had one of those nights

Hahahahaha....you know that for a fact that i didn't read the article...ok ms.cleo, i did...just like the other millions of the mona lisa/mona lisa's eyebrow threads that has been on this site. Yes, i really wish it never makes it on here again. Honestly, the mona lisa is really and truely overrated, it's a very handsome lady sitting there with a smirk with trees and whatever in the background...even if it looked different back then, it would just mainly be the colors...time wouldn't changed her face structure...the background probably looked better, but still shouldn't get so much attention

It seems to me that the article describes in rather plain detail how it IS possible for her face structure to change. Perhaps you did read it as you have implied, in which case, I must applogise for teasing you. :D

They should do a rendition of what they think the painting looked like back then. Wow, 240 MPs, though. Couldn't they just use microscopes or something? Where can you even get a camera like that?