Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British voters say humans not to blame for

Pseudo Intellectual

ToL

Less than half the population believes that human activity is to blame for global warming, according to an exclusive poll for The Times.

The revelation that ministers have failed in their campaign to persuade the public that the greenhouse effect is a serious threat requiring urgent action will make uncomfortable reading for the Government as it prepares for next month’s climate change summit in Copenhagen.

Only 41 per cent accept as an established scientific fact that global warming is taking place and is largely man-made. Almost a third (32 per cent) believe that the link is not yet proved; 8 per cent say that it is environmentalist propaganda to blame man and 15 per cent say that the world is not warming.

More:

The Times claims that the resistance comes primarily from Tory voters, but in fact none of the political parties have majorities believing in AGW. Among Liberal Democrats, about as far left as one gets among mainstream political parties in the UK, only 47% buy the AGW argument. That compares to 45% of Labour voters and 38% of Conservatives.

Even among believers, the priority of the effort has dropped. Only 28% think AGW is the most serious public policy issue for the government to address. A majority of AGW believers think it’s serious, but not among the highest priorities.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• Moon Monkey

• MARAB0D

• questionmark

Ignorance is very mainstream. :)

Ignorance is very mainstream. :)

I hope you would not suggest to start saving this mainstream from AGW via using force? If the mainstream chooses to die from AGW - what you gonna do? Spray them all with Agent Orange? And what if this is our evolutionary chance to develop a perfect body cooling system? Would you dare to stop the Evolution?

I hope you would not suggest to start saving this mainstream from AGW via using force? If the mainstream chooses to die from AGW - what you gonna do? Spray them all with Agent Orange? And what if this is our evolutionary chance to develop a perfect body cooling system? Would you dare to stop the Evolution?

Dont see Cradle saying this anywhereno.gif

A "perfect body cooling system"?? but how can this happen when there is "No AGW" IYO?w00t.gif

Dont see Cradle saying this anywhereno.gif

A "perfect body cooling system"?? but how can this happen when there is "No AGW" IYO?w00t.gif

Something in me today seems to have agitated your liver. What we gonna do - ignore each other? I think if I feel yet another passion peak in your posts, I would have to do this unilaterally, as I was not prepared to make a simple opinions exchange a source of thrill.

By the way, I can disclose why I mildly criticised Craddle. It follows from the OP that 52% of the poll participants do not believe AGW and even simple GW. 52% is called "a Majority", so Craddle have stated that Majority mainstream) is ignorant - and thus performed an open attack on democratic principles of majority being always right. This was the reason I asked about the possible methods to change the opinion of Majority - would it be a persuasion/education or would it be a violence (as I am unaware of the third method). In the second case he would be advocating the removal of Democracy and substituting it by Dictatorship. Very simple, despite I also belong to that ignorant Majority.

By the way, I can disclose why I mildly criticised Craddle. It follows from the OP that 52% of the poll participants do not believe AGW and even simple GW. 52% is called "a Majority", so Craddle have stated that Majority mainstream) is ignorant - and thus performed an open attack on democratic principles of majority being always right. This was the reason I asked about the possible methods to change the opinion of Majority - would it be a persuasion/education or would it be a violence (as I am unaware of the third method). In the second case he would be advocating the removal of Democracy and substituting it by Dictatorship. Very simple, despite I also belong to that ignorant Majority.

Opinion polls are not a democratic principle - they are Opinions no more - no less. That the science is very difficult for the majority to grasp (and why should they) is of no surprise because we all have lives to live and a multitude of other concerns that are pressing and more immediate.

Nobody is advocating replacing Democracy (a joke in itself) with Dictatorship. Do you get to vote on Tax Increases? No you do not. A majority will not like it, but it happens anyway.

Sorry, but because the "majority" are not clued - in to what is happening does not make the science go away.

Something in me today seems to have agitated your liver. What we gonna do - ignore each other? I think if I feel yet another passion peak in your posts, I would have to do this unilaterally, as I was not prepared to make a simple opinions exchange a source of thrill.

Childish, very Childish... please put me on "ignore" because debate in this area seems to be beyond you at the moment

Bo!!ox to global warming. We've had a good run, now let the insects take over.

This American voter agrees that humans are not responsible for this presumed global warming, if even for any of it at all. People sure do want to give our relatively young species a whole lot of ego-glorifying credit. "Oh MAN we've killed the planet! Sucks to be us, but how BADASS are we?! High five, bro!"

This American voter agrees that humans are not responsible for this presumed global warming, if even for any of it at all. People sure do want to give our relatively young species a whole lot of ego-glorifying credit. "Oh MAN we've killed the planet! Sucks to be us, but how BADASS are we?! High five, bro!"

Global warming is NOT presumed, that is observed.

We can do more than that, (and this is not ego glorifying) we are capable of totally wiping out this planet and we are already responsible for a current mass extinction event, what makes you think pumping out millions of tons of chemicals can't knock our climate off equilibrium?

Global warming is NOT presumed, that is observed.

We can do more than that, (and this is not ego glorifying) we are capable of totally wiping out this planet and we are already responsible for a current mass extinction event, what makes you think pumping out millions of tons of chemicals can't knock our climate off equilibrium?

I just ask why our damn c02 is effecting the other planets in our solar system? And what can we do to stop it? :sleepy:

I just ask why our damn c02 is effecting the other planets in our solar system? And what can we do to stop it? :sleepy:

It isn't that is just a myth ;)

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11642-climate-myths-mars-and-pluto-are-warming-too.html

There is no pan solar system warming, it is called cherry picking and academic fraud.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11642-climate-myths-mars-and-pluto-are-warming-too.html

There is no pan solar system warming, it is called cherry picking and academic fraud.

And if you have a PhD in the right field there are some "sponsored" associations that will pay $2,500 a day to come up with a new theory denying climate change.

Our young and arogant species has developed more than one way to doom this planet. Well the living things anyway the planet is safe ;) I would say we are (badasss) enough to kill ourselves and blaime an entity for it. No way man it's not my fault it was the suns fault LOL gota love that way of thinking LOL NOT.

We all know man is not responsible but our filthy disgusting habits do have an impact and to say otherwise is like watching a guy in his car dump his ashtry on the side of the road. Basicly he needs his butt kicked.

Edited by The Silver Thong

it sure is, doing your best to pick the worse news possible so you can take away more freedoms from people.

Our young an arogant species has developed more than one way to doom this planet. Well the living things anyway the planet is safe ;) I would say we are (badasss) enough to kill ourselves and blaime an entity for it. No way man it's not my fault it was the suns fault LOL gota love that way of thinking LOL NOT.

We all know man is not responsible but our filthy disgusting habits do have an impact and to say otherwise is like watching a guy in his car dump his ashtry on the side of the road. Basicly he needs his butt kicked.

The biggest arrogance of that biped classified as homo sapiens (where sapiens is a matter of debate) is to think that its actions or inaction could actually end life on this planet. Short from blowing it in pieces there will always be a form of life until the core cools significantly or the moon crashes on its surface... events that will have nothing to do with sapiens.

it sure is, doing your best to pick the worse news possible so you can take away more freedoms from people.

:lol:

Are you kidding! What freedoms am I proposing we take away! Don't be ridiculous.

The biggest arrogance of that biped classified as homo sapiens (where sapiens is a matter of debate) is to think that its actions or inaction could actually end life on this planet. Short from blowing it in pieces there will always be a form of life until the core cools significantly or the moon crashes on its surface... events that will have nothing to do with sapiens.

That depends, if we can get the whole planet above 200°c then we may be able to change that :P. The question is more the time needed for adaptation.

Though I agree we are never likely to wipe out bacteria.

:lol:

Are you kidding! What freedoms am I proposing we take away! Don't be ridiculous.

You are proposing taking away his freedom to poison himself, his family and his environment... but wait, is there not something called code of laws that does that already?

Ya ok, you think you are free LOL only in your minds eye. We have a responsibility to our future generations as we are in a time where what we do can have a direct effect on our children. (I have no kids but you know what I mean) Just me a lonely Atheist trying to look out for my fellow man by posting on UM LOL What? I recycle too LOL

Bo!!ox to global warming. We've had a good run, now let the insects take over.

exactly, lets go out in style. :tu: