Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British voters say humans not to blame for

Pseudo Intellectual

in the great words of Rhod Gilbert "Bring it on!.."

Bring it on LOL it will be a slow death though. I will be dead and you will be alive hmmmmmm sure bring it LOL hells ya baby. Damn I watched Zombieland last night and thought damn that looks like fun LOL it really did look like fun, does that make me wierd LOL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• Moon Monkey

• MARAB0D

• questionmark

Bring it on LOL it will be a slow death though. I will be dead and you will be alive hmmmmmm sure bring it LOL hells ya baby. Damn I watched Zombieland last night and thought damn that looks like fun LOL it really did look like fun, does that make me wierd LOL

i've heard before that scientists discovered that if you put a frog in something and slowly heat it, it won't realise and it will discovered that if you put a frog in something that's already hot, it will jump out. but if you put it in that object and slowly heat it up, it won't realise and it will die.

that's what i think will happen to the people in warm countries :yes:

because in britain, we'd all be having a big holiday all the time :D

We all know man is not responsible but our filthy disgusting habits do have an impact and to say otherwise is like watching a guy in his car dump his ashtry on the side of the road. Basicly he needs his butt kicked.

This.

These things bug me 'cause it simply doesn't matter who caused what or didn't.

It smack of Mommy telling little kid to pick up his trash and the kid screaming, "But... but... I didn't make the mess!"

Who cares whose fault it is? All the stuff that could be done to put less poison into the environment should be done. We got all these weak men in power who don't wanna take a chance and say, "We're just going to do it now, and I don't wanna hear any whining about it" cause the plastics took their testosterone away.

That poll probably cost thousands and thousands of dollars to perform. I wonder how many solar panels that could've bought?

This.

These things bug me 'cause it simply doesn't matter who caused what or didn't.

It smack of Mommy telling little kid to pick up his trash and the kid screaming, "But... but... I didn't make the mess!"

Who cares whose fault it is? All the stuff that could be done to put less poison into the environment should be done. We got all these weak men in power who don't wanna take a chance and say, "We're just going to do it now, and I don't wanna hear any whining about it" cause the plastics took their testosterone away.

That poll probably cost thousands and thousands of dollars to perform. I wonder how many solar panels that could've bought?

....nail on the head Purplos..thumbsup.gif

At the end of the day no alternative energy is being proposed. Big oil is big money and has fueled the economy and the largest stock exchange on the planet(NYSE).

Its made oil producers and mover and shakers extremely rich... and made the banks very powerful.

Limiting global consumption over an extended period of time will sky rocket the price of petroleum products.

The Copenhagen Treaty outlines complete control and guide lines for each nations citizens to obey.

IMO, its a scam and creates a new financial market out of thin air.

IMO, its a scam and creates a new financial market out of thin air.

that's what i've been saying since the price of petrol sky rocketed! :angry:

i've heard before that scientists discovered that if you put a frog in something and slowly heat it, it won't realise and it will discovered that if you put a frog in something that's already hot, it will jump out. but if you put it in that object and slowly heat it up, it won't realise and it will die.

that's what i think will happen to the people in warm countries :yes:

because in britain, we'd all be having a big holiday all the time :D

LOL but they both still get burnt ;)

Hey I'm in Canada so hell ya I'm all for global warming. Nov 17th and not a flake of snow yet yoohoo. However the damn wind is cold about 10C here today -7c overnight. So far climate change has been a disapointment LOL not quick enough. I'm kidding of course, well mostly lol

LOL but they both still get burnt ;)

Hey I'm in Canada so hell ya I'm all for global warming. Nov 17th and not a flake of snow yet yoohoo. However the damn wind is cold about 10C here today -7c overnight. So far climate change has been a disapointment LOL not quick enough. I'm kidding of course, well mostly lol

That is what I was about to say...you mean that 10 is an average November temp in Calgary? BTW...listening to the Lynx right now...hot!

That is what I was about to say...you mean that 10 is an average November temp in Calgary? BTW...listening to the Lynx right now...hot!

I would have to say that 10C with no snow for this time of year is a little odd but becoming the norm. I deffinitly can tell a difference in our winters here from say 15 yrs ago. Less snow (farmers are mad) warmer I'm happy lol. From personal experience/obsevation climate change is happening no doubt about it. For this generation I think they will get off lucky, the next one not so lucky. Lynx, has yet to give that a listen I usually have the radio on c-jay 92 rock only station and the morning show is hilarious.

Edited by The Silver Thong

It isn't that is just a myth ;)

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11642-climate-myths-mars-and-pluto-are-warming-too.html

There is no pan solar system warming, it is called cherry picking and academic fraud.

Just a question Matt, maybe you can point me in the right direction as I am little confused here.

The article says IF Mars is warming and HINTS at climate change etc., but as Mars has an atmospheric concentration of 95% C02 surely it must be and to a very noticeable extent, seeing as some scientists know we are heading for disaster due to an atmospheric concentration of 0.038% C02. I know Mars cannot store as much solar heat as we can due to the atmosphere etc. but still that level of CO2 must be doing something to the ice-caps there. There is probably a simple answer but I haven't seen it.

Just a question Matt, maybe you can point me in the right direction as I am little confused here.

The article says IF Mars is warming and HINTS at climate change etc., but as Mars has an atmospheric concentration of 95% C02 surely it must be and to a very noticeable extent, seeing as some scientists know we are heading for disaster due to an atmospheric concentration of 0.038% C02. I know Mars cannot store as much solar heat as we can due to the atmosphere etc. but still that level of CO2 must be doing something to the ice-caps there. There is probably a simple answer but I haven't seen it.

Lets try "Atmospheric Pressure" - no point trying to compare apples to oranges except to make spurious arguments

I would have to say that 10C with no snow for this time of year is a little odd but becomeing the norm. I definitly can tell a diference in our winters here from say 15 yrs ago. Less snow (farmers are mad) warmer I'm happy lol. From personal experience/obsevation climate change is happening no doubt about it. For this generation I think they will get off lucky, the next one not so lucky. Lynx, has yet to give that a listen I usually have the radio on c-jay 92 rock only station and the morning show is hilarious.

No offense Silver,,, but how the hell can you notice a difference in weather when temperature globally hasn't risen by more than a degree in the past 30 years?

Most people cannot recall what happened 4 weeks ago never mind comparing a self-perceived weather pattern over 15 years.... have you kept a weather journal???

Also many people tend to exaggerate their previous experiences over their life especially when a bug has been placed in their ear to indicate change.

We tend to latch on or off to claims which we reflect on in our own personal memories.

Two examples:

1. a grown adult remembering certain people or places as taller when they were younger because they themselves were much shorter while growing up as a child.

2. the NHL is faster, more skilled and more competitive than ever... its false because only the skates and sticks improved... the rest is perseption... its stilll the same.... the league is watered down with useless monkey's

Edited by acidhead

Lets try "Atmospheric Pressure" - no point trying to compare apples to oranges except to make spurious arguments

There is no need to get on your high horse, it was a question in good faith and I would be genuinely interested in the science behind Lets try "Atmospheric Pressure". Venus' atmosphere is the other end of the pressure/thickness scale to Mars and also has a 95%+ CO2 atmosphere so one of them should be a candidate example for serious warming.

My 'spurious arguments' would be about man-made global warming not global warming per se.

Edited by Moon Monkey

No offense Silver,,, but how the hell can you notice a difference in weather when temperature globally hasn't risen by more than a degree in the past 30 years?

That is cherry picking. The statement is ON AVERAGE by one degree. Places got colder, others got warmer.

That is cherry picking. The statement is ON AVERAGE by one degree. Places got colder, others got warmer.

Ohhhhhhhhh........ I forgot..... do you have the time?

Edited by acidhead

Hey Acid. Like I said those are my personal obsevations. We get chinooks here quit often that can raise the temp to 20C on occasion here but we can also see -30C but far less than we use to as far as I can recall.

Atmospheric pressure works against CO2 theory - as not only frozen CO2 but water also tend to sublime, so it is really strange we have no water and so low CO2 on Mars. Mars atmosphere presents ideal model for studying CO2 effects, but as we know this planet is also in the state of equilibrium like Earth, we can notice that teperatures change there reflects only the solar activity changes.

Hey Acid. Like I said those are my personal obsevations. We get chinooks here quit often that can raise the temp to 20C on occasion here but we can also see -30C but far less than we use to as far as I can recall.

Chinooks are not uncommon and no day is exactly the same as the day before or the year before.... its all perception.

Think about when you read articles that start with, "One year ago today or 20 years ago today or 100 years ago today".

My point is nothing remains constantly the same and a 1 degree perceived global temperature change over 30 year span is nothing to cry home to mama about!

Sorry bud, I just cannot relate to climate alrmists future predictions when they cannot acurately predict the past 100 years 100%.

I cannot convince myself either to believe in a Climate Action Treaty when the damn Treaty is written by Big Oil.

Its a perceived scam designed to attack each person's emotions.

Emotions.... the western world's back bone and what keeps driving down logic over popular opinion in this western politically correct society.

and i've observed that it's november in wales, at this time of year it rains everyday and there's frost on the car in the morning, but this year it seems to have rained less (except for when it does rain, there's alot of it) and it's seemed warmer in the mornings :yes: brilliant :tu:

Atmospheric pressure works against CO2 theory - as not only frozen CO2 but water also tend to sublime, so it is really strange we have no water and so low CO2 on Mars. Mars atmosphere presents ideal model for studying CO2 effects, but as we know this planet is also in the state of equilibrium like Earth, we can notice that teperatures change there reflects only the solar activity changes.

Are you denying the polar bears are in danger? :lol: LOL

and i've observed that it's november in wales, at this time of year it rains everyday and there's frost on the car in the morning, but this year it seems to have rained less (except for when it does rain, there's alot of it) and it's seemed warmer in the mornings :yes: brilliant :tu:

Ive noticed that in the morning its lighter out than the previous morning and last night got darker than the day before the day before the day before.

And than all of a sudden the news man said, "Tonight's forecast will be dark with widely scattered light in the morning"

I think he may be onto something. :tu: lol

All I'm saying Acid is that we don't get the bitter cold winters we use to get here, my observation. As far as the treaty goes well I can't see it being very benificial right now but down the road who knows. Climate change is only predictable from past changes. There is no way to predict this cycle as we now have to calculate in man made co2. Prudence might be the road to take.

All I'm saying Acid is that we don't get the bitter cold winters we use to get here, my observation. As far as the treaty goes well I can't see it being very benificial right now but down the road who knows. Climate change is only predictable from past changes. There is no way to predict this cycle as we now have to calculate in man made co2. Prudence might be the road to take.

Yeah I agree to a degree not a celcius above or below the average opinion.

Global political prudence says we should adapt to the Treaty written by big oil.... why not?... it only means the cost will be a little higher or more.

Also a re-viberated economy is all anybody wants now since it was ripped out from under our feet.

I'm just waiting for a kiss on the lips from somebody with a foreign accent before I bend over.

Craddle have stated that Majority mainstream) is ignorant - and thus performed an open attack on democratic principles of majority being always right.

Anyone who's under the impression that any governing principles are always 'right' needs to get their head checked; everything is circumstantial. Having said that, Cradle said no such thing. It doesn't logically follow that 'ignorance is mainstream' therefore 'democracy is wrong'; it could very well be the case that despite the fact that ignorance is mainstream (if we assume it to be true) that a democracy would remain the most appropriate form of government. There isn't enough information in Cradle's post to determine his views on the matter.

This was the reason I asked about the possible methods to change the opinion of Majority - would it be a persuasion/education or would it be a violence (as I am unaware of the third method). In the second case he would be advocating the removal of Democracy and substituting it by Dictatorship. Very simple, despite I also belong to that ignorant Majority.

Surely you don't think that democracy and autocracy are the only conceivable forms of government?

Anyone who's under the impression that any governing principles are always 'right' needs to get their head checked; everything is circumstantial. Having said that, Cradle said no such thing. It doesn't logically follow that 'ignorance is mainstream' therefore 'democracy is wrong'; it could very well be the case that despite the fact that ignorance is mainstream (if we assume it to be true) that a democracy would remain the most appropriate form of government. There isn't enough information in Cradle's post to determine his views on the matter.

Surely you don't think that democracy and autocracy are the only conceivable forms of government?

No, I do not think so - I am just ignorant about the third one possible. One reflects the opinion of Majority, another enforces the opinion of Minority. If Majority (52% in this case) thinks one thing, but the Government does the opposite one, this means the opinion of Minority is enforced over the opinion of Majority. It is "either - or" and there is no such thing as a partial pregnancy. Any Majority can be "wrong" in some scientific or political aspect, but as a Majority it is always right and responsible for its opinion.