Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ark. police officer uses Taser on 10-year-old

thefinalfrontier

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - A police officer in a small Arkansas town used a stun gun on an unruly 10-year-old girl after he said her mother gave him permission to do so. Now the town's mayor is calling for an investigation into whether the Taser use was appropriate.

According to a report by Officer Dustin Bradshaw, obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press, police were called to the Ozark home November 11 because of a domestic disturbance.When he arrived, the girl was curled up on the floor, screaming, the report said.

Bradshaw's report said the girl screamed, kicked and resisted any time her mother tried to get her in the shower before bed.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I understand and know some kids can be very obnoctious but going as far as using a tazer on a child certianly is not an option especially since the tazers are known to cause death in some people, IMO this officer should be removed from duty and the mother who told the officer to do it should be psycholocically evaluated, Whats this country coming to? A sad state of affairs for sure,

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Queen in the North

• conspiracybeliever

• Kimi81

I have a 10 year old daughter and this is just plain sick. When should it be okay to use a stun gun on a child? NEVER.

If she was acting up to the point that they thought a taser would be appropriate, then she obviously needed some sort of mental help. I would be wondering why the mother called the police instead of an ambulance? Because if my daughter was curled up on the floor screaming because I wanted her to take a shower before bed, I'd be very concerned about her mental health.

Permission or no permission, that cop shouldn't have a job anymore. Tasering a little girl? Really, he should have known better.

Most cops consider tasers great toys. They use them for what they call "pain compliance". In the regular world, hurting someone until they obey you is called "torture".

The cops I've debated it with disagree with my stance (big surprise), but I feel like the taser is designed to be used in situations one step down from using your gun. If a little girl curled up on the floor yelling means "deadly threat" to this particular cop, at the very least, he's got incredibly poor judgement.

Mother's permission or not, tasers kill people sometimes. Without knowing and understanding the individual's medical history and condition (any medications, whatever), tasering someone is not much different than playing russian roulette with that person's life.

The cop should be fired (but he won't), and if the mother actually gave permission for someone to taser her kid, she should be tied to a fixed object and beaten to death with a whiffle-ball bat.

Two adults couldn't physically restrain a 10 year old girl? This is one of the sickest things I've ever heard.

I hate these tasers. I think it just gives these cops, alot of which are cowards anyways, a reason to "play God." Now at the first sign of disobedience, they just whip out their toys and start shocking folks. It makes me sick. All you have to do is go on Youtube and type in Police Brutality and dozens of vids will come up. And you know what the cops'll say, "We're just doing our job" or "You civilians don't know how it really is." In alot of cases cops are good decent people but then you get D-Bags like this guy who can't even control a ten year old girl so he has to tase her. Moses smell the roses! (had to put that in) And what was the mom thinking saying go ahead and tase the girl? Where's Phil McGraw when you need him?

If I was that cop and got kicked in the beans by that 10 year old I think I would have immediately called the men in little white coats. Something is mentally wrong with that child and her mother for even giving the permission to taze in the first place.

This taser stuff is getting out of hand, if they aren't zapping grandmothers they are starting to taze soccer mom's and children now :wacko:

I think the funniest thing is that someone had to call the police because their 10 year old daughter wouldn't take a shower before bed.

Then again, if the mother had harmed the child in any way, even a smack on the butt, she could have been charged for abuse and jailed...so what the hell are you gonna do?

Personally, MY 10 year old would have been in that shower getting an ice cold shower clothes and all after i picked her/him up and PUT them there.

Naturally, I would be labeled abusive, jailed, and the child removed from my custody.

I actually feel the taser was a bit absurd, but...what's the alternative with a child that was doing what this child was doing? What could the parent have done with a completely out of control, lying on the floor screaming and physically kicking/hitting ten year old? Probably best the kid was removed from the home. Sounds like there are serious issues there.

This reminds me of the Wanda Sykes Show the otehr night when she was talking about the Grandma getting tazed and she said she thought it was getting out of hand. She then showed a video of a cop pulling over a Mom with two babies in the back seat. The babies were making their cooing noise and laughing and he told one of them to drop the rattle and the other strated laughing and he's yelling at both and warning them that if they didn't do what he said he would taze them and then he did. It was hilarious because it was a skit but this thing with the 10 year old is sick.

I think the funniest thing is that someone had to call the police because their 10 year old daughter wouldn't take a shower before bed.

Then again, if the mother had harmed the child in any way, even a smack on the butt, she could have been charged for abuse and jailed...so what the hell are you gonna do?

Bull, I would have never had the nerve to pull this crap on my Mom but just in case I did she would have dragged me into the bathroom, threw me in the tub, and then had a switch or belt waiting for me when I got done with the bath....now that was parenting B)

Personally, MY 10 year old would have been in that shower getting an ice cold shower clothes and all after i picked her/him up and PUT them there.

Naturally, I would be labeled abusive, jailed, and the child removed from my custody.

You're probably right on that one. One of my older posts

[/b]

Bull, I would have never had the nerve to pull this crap on my Mom but just in case I did she would have dragged me into the bathroom, threw me in the tub, and then had a switch or belt waiting for me when I got done with the bath....now that was parenting B)

Although I agree with you, by today's standards we are no longer allowed to be parents. We are supposed to be our kids buddies now.

[/b]

Bull? What? Did you read my post? They seem to say damn near the same thing.

This taser stuff is getting out of hand, if they aren't zapping grandmothers they are starting to taze soccer mom's and children now :wacko:

Exactly. What people just aren't getting is that this fully grown and trained police officer would surely have been beaten to death by this ten year old criminal girl if it were not for his reliance on electric shock weaponry.

I understand and know some kids can be very obnoctious but going as far as using a tazer on a child certianly is not an option especially since the tazers are known to cause death in some people, IMO this officer should be removed from duty and the mother who told the officer to do it should be psycholocically evaluated, Whats this country coming to? A sad state of affairs for sure,

OMG!!!!!....i don't know who's worse.....the mother for allowing it...or the officer for doing it........send the kid to bed dirty........not having a shower isn't going to kill her....but a tazer could have :blink:

1. You can take it to the bank that this poor kid has all sorts of issues.

2. Ten years old is NOT when you decide to be a freaking parent.

3. Interesting that if the mom had smacked the kid chances are SHE would be charged.

Absolutely stupid out of hand situation.

Nibs

You're probably right on that one. One of my older posts

Although I agree with you, by today's standards we are no longer allowed to be parents. We are supposed to be our kids buddies now.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if I hadn't been hit when I was a kid (still am, by some standards), I'd be an absolute terror now.

But that kid obviously has issues. Serious issues.

It was hilarious because it was a skit but this thing with the 10 year old is sick.

Your idea of "hilarious" needs its' own time out. I don't care if it was a "skit", it wasn't funny when the actors did it, it isn't funny now. :wacko: :angry2:

If I hadn't been hit when I was a kid I'd be an absolute terror now.

/quote]

An unruly child recquires discipline, but not abuse. An occasional use of "The hand of knowledge, to the seat of education"

is not inappropreate, but ONLY when necessary!!

There also is the definition of abuse, some so-called child advocates don't want us disciplining our children in any form, even telling them "NO" can cause some folks to jump in and cry "Child Abuse!".

Get Real! or Get A Life!! but leave the discipline to the caring parents who have the courage to take matters into their own hands.

Your idea of "hilarious" needs its' own time out. I don't care if it was a "skit", it wasn't funny when the actors did it, it isn't funny now. :wacko: :angry2:

I don't know. It sounds kind of like a funny skit to me. The skit was trying to emphasize how some police officers abuse their authority status.

Besides, most humor has to be taken with a grain of salt. Look at how many "fat jokes" there are. If everyone who was overweight got upset, then there would be a lot of angry people.

I think sometimes you just have to let go and laugh. :w00t:

It was a very funny skit. It wasn't real. It was tv. It showed how ridiculous and out of control the use of these tasers

has gotten. But to each his own. It's tv. If you don't like it shut it off or turn the channel.

Noggle said the girl will face disorderly conduct charges as a juvenile in the incident.

Charges? She's only 10 years old?

In my view, if a police officer is able to contain someone who is twice as big as him/ her, handling a simple child is a fairly easy task.

There has been an grotesque misconduct in this police officer, and a serious breach in the Law.

This is not going to stand in court. I don't know the laws in the state, but i know the Jurisdiction in the US is somewhat similar to the one in Canada, and i find it hard to believe a 10 year old can be charged in youth criminal justice act. Plus only because she didn't want to take a shower.

For a mother to give consent to an officer to tased a child is also a serious matter. If there is no law on tasing age, this case will bring one.

This will not stand in court, there is no way a judge will say that justice was done.

If this slips, it will bring that State's administration of Justice into disrepute!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if I hadn't been hit when I was a kid (still am, by some standards), I'd be an absolute terror now.

Not if I raised you. :P

But that kid obviously has issues. Serious issues.

Yup. So do the parents. Ten years old is too late to start trying to raise your child.

Nibs

Not if I raised you. :P

:lol: I'm not suggesting I was physically abused as a child, BTW.

Did you never hit your kids?

:lol: I'm not suggesting I was physically abused as a child, BTW.

Nah, didn't think you were and in no way meant to imply you had bad parents.

Did you never hit your kids?

Well, kicked one once. Not hard, he was trying to put a key in a wall socket, mostly just shoved him over with my foot. He never cried or anything. Still feel guilty.

But nope, never hit them. Never called them names in anger. I was a yeller but not really in anger. They are first class ignorerers. (sp? - hell, it's not even a word)

We had different parenting techinques. I should write a book. Lazy parenting.

Remember? Rather than fight with my daughter to stay in time out corner I just used her overalls and stapled her to the wall? :)

She slammed doors. She did it three times and after the third time we took the door. No discussion, no arguments.

Nibs

Edited by HerNibs

Well, kicked one once. Not hard, he was trying to put a key in a wall socket, mostly just shoved him over with my foot. He never cried or anything. Still feel guilty.

But nope, never hit them. Never called them names in anger. I was a yeller but not really in anger. They are first class ignorerers. (sp? - hell, it's not even a word)

We had different parenting techinques. I should write a book. Lazy parenting.

Remember? Rather than fight with my daughter to stay in time out corner I just used her overalls and stapled her to the wall? :)

She slammed doors. She did it three times and after the third time we took the door. No discussion, no arguments.

Nibs

I swear once I said I wished you were my mother. Not so sure now :cry::P

I mean, I was only hit a couple times, and I even remember I really deserved it. No one call the cops on my folks!

edit: and no, didn't think you were saying I had bad parents! :)

Edited by storminateacup