Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A party with all the UM members.

Hazzard

11749.jpg

Sal, do those look like ski tracks over on the top of Mt. Hadley Delta?

SAL: Indeed they do Dear, I think D had bunches of people trying it out for a while the other night. He intends to go back. I think he's planning a Mount Hadley Delta Slolom competition...

MID: I have no doubt. Medical support alerted?

SAL: Oh of course!

Sending out an SOS , Sending out an SOS ! Oh ! I gotta remember to turn my Moonwalkman off ! :innocent:

Can...can I come? I can bring cupcakes...

Of course you can come! Sorry, I am still a bit wobbly after our last trip, but I am sure I can serve up a good drink nonetheless :P And cupcakes are always welcome, just remember to leave a few for the flight crew!

Cheers,

Badeskov

Since were all a piece away from Texas Darling we`ll be back to earth in another week and you can start the training and meet us at Edwards MId`s our Mon-Capatian and Badeskov`s hie First officer and Bar Keep on board!

I know its a lot to remember so I would head out now getting to Edwards We shall Stop tires on Runway 22 if the weather will cooperate with us !

We Look forward to Having you on our Crew List!

Well its been a great time on the Moons surface,and Mid`s just about givin up on us Finding any more aliens up here. He`s already sent back to Sweeties brigg Three of our crew members for chohortin around wit da Little green women we found ! More to Come on the Giant party Dance Get down in .06 geez`s !

Well its been a great time on the Moons surface,and Mid`s just about givin up on us Finding any more aliens up here. He`s already sent back to Sweeties brigg Three of our crew members for chohortin around wit da Little green women we found ! More to Come on the Giant party Dance Get down in .06 geez`s !

It's 0.17 g , D!

And I understand the tennis is going full blast!

....and other things I won't mention.

We're planning a trip to the 15 site, several miles southeat of here.

There the matter of a falcon feather that someone is challenged to find.

No clues.

It's there.

:devil:

It's 0.17 g , D!

And I understand the tennis is going full blast!

....and other things I won't mention.

We're planning a trip to the 15 site, several miles southeat of here.

There the matter of a falcon feather that someone is challenged to find.

No clues.

It's there.

:devil:

Yeah ! YEah ! I was testin ya Mid ! You know me always Looking for a test pattern !

As for the Falcon feather Its was Scott testing the Galileo theory ! With a Hammer and a Feather. They were Lucky to be on the First "J" mission ! you and Gene Kranz were purty busy keeping the white team all together with all those

All Air Force Crew member`s trying your every wit ! I cant wait until we get there to see If we can finf that feather ! See ya ! ITs getting time to put on the 450 lbs of baby backs and Deep SIx the Ale`s in the Out side Freezer !

Over and Out "D" .

justDONTEATUS

post-68971-0-52673700-1318385698_thumb.j

OFF TO HADLEY

10-13-11

Today’s activity will include a two shuttle trip to the Apollo 15 landing site. This is not going to be a lengthy transit, as it was on the Apollo 11 site trip. That Apollo 15 site is a little less than 10 miles east of here, across the Hadley Rille.

We’re going to take both shuttles down into the branch of the rille that is about 3 miles ahead of us, at the base of the Apennine Front, and we’re going to ride the rille about 12 miles on it’s sinuous journey to the northeast, and then down to the southeast, and we’ll pop up out of the Rille about a mile or so before it turns back up our way, make a left, and we’ll see the 15 landing site less than a mile ahead of us.

We’ll retrace the tracks of all 3 EVAs, and explore the Rille on foot, visiting all the features that Scott and Irwin explored all those many years ago. It’s a pretty spectacular site, made all the more so by the artifacts the men left, including the first lunar rover, which we’ll see parked close by.

09:00

SAL: MID, both shuttles look great, and you fellows are GO to tour.

MID: Thanks Sal, we’ll see you later!

BADE: Shuttle 2, Ditto Sal.

SAL: Don’t forget, I can see you both right now!

MID: Oh, of course!

SAL: Ladies and gentlemen, as you gently lift, and Sweetie passed behind you, your trip through the Hadley Rille today will last approximately 30 minutes, and you’ll be traveling about 30 to 40 miles per hour at relatively low altitudes to allow you to enjoy the view. Enjoy the amenities of our Shuttles, provided by our hospitality staff, and especially the lunch provided by D, who is manning the Shuttle 1 galley and whipping up a storm for all to partake of at the landing site!

09:36

There it is.....Apollo 15!

It's been a long exploration. Lot's to see here!

11589.jpg

11594.jpg

11618.jpg

11782.jpg

And somewhere nearby this area, we're looking for a feather.

Can anyone find it and describe where it is?

11796.jpg

11841.jpg

11855.jpg

People are enjoying St. George Crater!

I get the feeling this is gonna be a long day!!!!!

Well its was one of the best tours Ive ever been on ! Thanks Mid ! That feather is there still but the boys must of taken the hammer back with them ?

I beat the bushes but the bushes were bare! you know those pesky moon plants.

Anywho were all a bit worn out after such a day of exploring ! Its Dinner time Lets eat !

Sounds like the tour was a success! You're welcome D!

And I see the party is going full blast today, and there's quite a bit of sunbathing going on , especially on the pool deck. I was up there for a little while, and it feels pretty good up there with that 240 degree hor Sun blasting through the window. It's 85 degrees on the deck, and the He-3 and SPF 30 sunscreen helps alot!

Tonight has abnother round of 1/6 g tennis concluding, and the band will be playing until...well, whenever!

But tomorrow is departure back into lunar orbit day.

Sally and I are planning a liftoff, a climb to about 500 feet, and a slow trip eastward to the 15 landing site, and then we'll follow their path up the east branch of Hadley Rille, up over the Appenines, and into an orbit of 70 miles circular, where we'll set up for a zero g party on orbit.

Liftoff is planned for around 1430 PDT tomorrow, with orbit attained at around 15:00.

The Moon will be the predominant celestial object over the next day or so, as it's just past full. The Earth is essentially "new" so we won't be seeing her, but the Sun would block her out anyway, as the best she'll be is a very thin sliver.

However, being that the Moon is essentially full right now, the "dark" side is in fact totally dark now, so for every 45 minutes of brilliant Sunlight, we'll have 45 minutes of total blackness. We're closing the pool deck windows to allow folks to dark adapt, and we'll open them for these "night" passes so the spectacular star fields are visible to view. You can of course choose to view this in your quarters, or on deck one by closing the internal window shutters and shutting down the lights for a few minutes.

It's a spectacle worth the price of the ticket!

We're basically about 24 hours from enetering lunar orbit, so lets have a great farewell Palus Putretinus party...oh:

Anyone who can translate what that means wins a special Badeskov prize (and I cannot say what exactly that is...neither will the winner be able to once they drink it!).

SAL: Darling, do you think that we could review the precise ascent plan for a few moments before you venture off.

MID: Of course, dear. I'd like to get the time lines and the parameters on my knee board here before I retire tonight.

SAL: There we are. And to finalize everything, when does the pol get drained into the tanks?

MID: I'd say as late as possible. I think if we commencesd by 12:00 we should be in good shape.

SAL: Agreed, and it's in the plan.

MID: OK Sal, could you locate Susieice for me? I'd like to invite her to the flight deck for ascent operations tomorrow.

SAL: She's currently on the beach. It's quite crowded there right now.

MID (looking at the visual display). Whew, you're right. Looks like they're all having a blast. Send her a message in her quarters, would you?

SAL: Certainly...

Played when Susie returned to her quarters.

Susie, Captain MID has instructed that I invite you to the flight deck to be our special guest for tomorrow's lift off into lunar orbit. We have a seat ready for you between Bade and MID, and we'd like you on the flight deck at 14:30 hours tomorrow for our planned 15:00 lift off. You can acknowledge to me directly through this terminal, or contact MID directly. We look forward to having you upstairs for ascent!

Thanks for the invite Captain. Just received your message and I will definitely be there. The views have been awesome so far and the tour of the Apollo landing site was amazing to stand where they were. Heading to see D now and find out what's cooking then I'm going up to Bade for a couple nightcaps. Beach in the early morning and then will be on deck at 12:00. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

... .. -- .... ---- ... - - .. Mid can you read this ? come in Mid ! ... .. ..... . . -- - . -. -. THis transmission is only a top secret your eyes,and ears only ! come in !

00:030 darkthirty Reqally early you know how early that is right? Well anyway Im stuck in the shuttle I borrowed last night to make a run back to the ridge ! Im going to get busted for this one !

H E L P !!!!!! Im outta He-3 and no GPS, Mid come in ! I need some old telementry numbers to get back ! :tu:

And please someone turn all those roast butts over and baste theres only three hundred pounds to cover ! And get a extra crew for service tonight ! I`ll be held up out here !

Man the views are to Die for ! "Hopes its not me " :tu:

Sounds like the tour was a success! You're welcome D!

It indeed was a great success!!

And I see the party is going full blast today, and there's quite a bit of sunbathing going on , especially on the pool deck. I was up there for a little while, and it feels pretty good up there with that 240 degree hor Sun blasting through the window. It's 85 degrees on the deck, and the He-3 and SPF 30 sunscreen helps alot!

The sun bathing was making me dizzy - I had to run back and forth with swelling drinks as people were getting a tad toasted.

Tonight has abnother round of 1/6 g tennis concluding, and the band will be playing until...well, whenever!

Uh oh. Glad I had a good nights sleep so I can stay awake for that!

But tomorrow is departure back into lunar orbit day.

Sally and I are planning a liftoff, a climb to about 500 feet, and a slow trip eastward to the 15 landing site, and then we'll follow their path up the east branch of Hadley Rille, up over the Appenines, and into an orbit of 70 miles circular, where we'll set up for a zero g party on orbit.

That sounds perfect. If you can keep it as smooth as the last test liftoff, it would be very much appreciated. Otherwise I have to stow everything according and given the demand around here, it is quite an inventory to stow.

Liftoff is planned for around 1430 PDT tomorrow, with orbit attained at around 15:00.

The Moon will be the predominant celestial object over the next day or so, as it's just past full. The Earth is essentially "new" so we won't be seeing her, but the Sun would block her out anyway, as the best she'll be is a very thin sliver.

However, being that the Moon is essentially full right now, the "dark" side is in fact totally dark now, so for every 45 minutes of brilliant Sunlight, we'll have 45 minutes of total blackness. We're closing the pool deck windows to allow folks to dark adapt, and we'll open them for these "night" passes so the spectacular star fields are visible to view. You can of course choose to view this in your quarters, or on deck one by closing the internal window shutters and shutting down the lights for a few minutes.

It's a spectacle worth the price of the ticket!

We're basically about 24 hours from enetering lunar orbit, so lets have a great farewell Palus Putretinus party...oh:

Amazing!!!

Anyone who can translate what that means wins a special Badeskov prize (and I cannot say what exactly that is...neither will the winner be able to once they drink it!).

The question is not if it is drinkable - it is!!! The question is more one of being able to stand up afterwards....

Cheers,

Badeskov

Thanks for the invite Captain. Just received your message and I will definitely be there. The views have been awesome so far and the tour of the Apollo landing site was amazing to stand where they were. Heading to see D now and find out what's cooking then I'm going up to Bade for a couple nightcaps. Beach in the early morning and then will be on deck at 12:00. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

The night caps are always ready for you, Susi :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Is it 1/6 th gravity or a Fifth of badeskovs finest Brew`s ? I keep floating away just thinking about it !

Bee meet me on the SOFA please !

1400 PDT 10-14-11

Mid: Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! I am pleased to report that the hatches are all closed and sealed, the pool has been drained into the tanks, the moon dust has been vacuumed out off the aft first deck we’ve all eaten a sumptuous Texas style brunch, we’re in great shape according to Sally, and we are counting down to departure now, with approximately 25 minutes remaining. I have welcomed Susieice to the flight deck, and for those of you gathering on deck one, you’ll see her on the big screen sitting between Bade and myself up here, getting ready to watch lunar liftoff from the business end. Wave Sus, you’re on HD TV!

:st

SAL: As we prepare for our liftoff, you should know that this will not be a blast off, per se, but rather a gentle lift off and a vertical climb to 1000 feet. You’ll note the massive dust sheet that will move out from our location, and that’ll dissipate as we climb. Once we get up to 1000 feet, we’ll yaw right to a heading that’ll fly us down to the Apollo 15 site, and we’ll pitch down to begin skimming along. Once we arrive down there we’ll yaw left approximately 120 degrees, and begin thrusting to orbit along a very similar path that Apollo 15 took 40 years ago. Captain MID will even be playing the Air Force Song over the PA as we start up, just as was played during the actual Apollo 15 lunar lift off in early August, 1971.

MID: However, I assure you it will not annoy the Commander of this flight, as it is said to have annoyed Dave Scott when it was piped through the communications loop to the LM. It would’ve annoyed me as well then, as I attempted to fly a LM into lunar orbit !

SAL: Indeed. Ours will be a tribute to that great mission. And I should also tell you this will be a very gentle ride to orbit. We expect no more than 1/3 to ½ g during the 10 minute ride, so the G-SUP system will be off for this ride. Engine ignition is 10 minutes away, so please be in your deck one seats and buckled in.

On the flight deck…

14:25

SUS: I can’t see out the front windows.

MID: Sus, you can stand right behind me and look out the left side. It’s good view down.

SUS: We’re up here aren’t we?

BADE: Yep…about 45 feet off the ground up here. And He-3 feeds are open, reactors 1 through 8 operational.

MID: OK, we’ll run 1 through 4 at…?

SAL:…15% should do it.

BADE: 15 percent, proceed, and the clock is counting…three minutes.

MID: ACA engaged and checks OK.

BADE: Mine too. And the displays look great.

14:29

MID: OK folks, we’re ready to start up, and we’ll be igniting in 20 seconds…a gentle push up to 1000 feet. Stand by…

SAL: 5, 4, ignition, 15 percent, and liftoff.

14:30:08

BADE: 10 feet per second, very stable up.

MID: Feels good.

SUS: Look at that dust move!

MID: Something isn’t it? It’ll start to thin and then disappear. Soon.

SAL: 500 feet….600 feet.

MID: Beginning yaw.

SAL: 900 feet, coming to hover.

BADE: Hover, 1009 feet by radar.

BADE: A hell of a view huh Sus?

SUS: It’s a bit different up here!

MID: OK folks, we’re now moving over the ground at a heading of approximately 100 degrees. We traveling at a leisurely 25 feet per second as we move across the plain and head toward the 15 site across the Rille. We’re accelerating up to a speed of around 90 feet per second now as we cruise along. We’ll be crossing Hadley Rille in about 9 minutes, and we’ll slow down as we move over the Apollo 15 site and turn north west.

SUS: I don’t think any of us realized that Hadley Rille was as big as it is!

MID: Oh, it’s a hell of a gash in the lunar surface. Most places it’s at least 1000 to 1500 feet deep, as we say, and it’s the best part of a mile wide on average!

SUS: I was surprised. I thought it was a lot smaller!

MID: We’ll get a pretty good view of it as we pass right over it in a couple minutes.

BADE: Ok, coming back, to hover in 3, 2, 1, hover.

14:42

MID: And you’ll notice folks we are yawing left, and we’ll be setting up to head into orbit in just a minute or so. Sus, you’ll want a seat for this, Darlin’.

SUS: Sitting!

MID: Bade, give that lady a drink!

BADE: With pleasure Cap!

MID: We’ll have a gentle push here folks as we begin to leave the Moon for orbit. 10 Seconds…..5, 4, 3, 2, 1….

14:45

The Air Force Song begins to play over the intercom system as about 1/3 g pushes everyone gently into their seat backs.

14:46

MID: We hope you enjoyed that rendition of the Air Force Song, and we are on our way into lunar orbit. We’re following a path that is almost exactly that which Apollo 15’s LM, Falcon followed in August of 1971. We’re climbing toward orbit, traveling at 800 feet per second now, at 4 miles in altitude. We should arrive on orbit in about 8 minutes.

14:55

SAL: Alright folks, we’re about to enter zero g again. Very softly, as it’s been over a week since we’ve been in zero g. We’re down to 1/3 g again, and have less than 20 seconds to zero g and lunar orbit. Here we go, ¼ g, 6 seconds, throttling back more, 2, 1, and shutdown.

BADE: And Susieice is pleased to report that we’re in a 69 mile high circular lunar orbit, and our first sunset is a mere 20 minutes away. Take a little time to get used to zero g again, and I’ve been informed that SOFA is open, as is the HOLODECK. Tonight is the farewell Moon party, starting in a mere three hours and going until….uh, I don’t think we know!

12374.jpg

12393.jpg

Very apprepoe to have the Air Force song on call Mid afterall the Apollo mission was all Air men ! We shall never forget the brave man and women that provided all the brain power and tech support that made all that possible !

THis trip ranks right up there with the best time of my Life !

Now that were going back home Its time to really rip a few new one loose !

I hope badeskov`s up to the challenge?

I know Im ready to make the best meals ever consumed by man or beast !

Im thinking that we will see some beast on this trip !

Now that Ive ck`ed on my top secret find down in the storage deck ,and they seem all aliv----strike that Uh ? Well were going to be in for a grand Ride back !

See youz all on the Party Deck at Zero-Dark thirty ! :tu:

That was awesome, MID. ^_^ Im saving this one for your safe return home party.

Remy+Martin+Louis+XIII+Setting.jpg

That was awesome, MID. ^_^ Im saving this one for your safe return home party.

Remy+Martin+Louis+XIII+Setting.jpg

Ah, I shall await it with glee!!!!

Thanks Hazz..

Until then, It's time to party on orbit around the Moon!

Tsiolkovsky is still unbelieveable from this perspective!

AS15-91-12383HR.jpg

Thanks for having me on the Flight Deck MID. You and Bade were wonderful in pointing out the landscape as we left the surface. The variations of height and the contrasts, especially in light, are extremely haunting. What a beautiful sight. You don't notice it on Earth like you do on the moon. I'm sorry to be leaving it behind but I'm sure you and Bade and D have already got a new trip agenda in the works.

Keep the drinks coming Bade. I feel lighter than air. Think I'll hit the holodeck tomorrow for an old fashion medieval festival party if anyone would like to join me or maybe a little clue type mystery solving. Haven't really gone there during the flight. The approach to Earth is something I don't want to miss either. Home is always a breathtaking sight.

Im not going to get upset, Im not going to pull the E-handle ! Im not going to "PANIC"

As I walk the lower decks Looking for for Bee Im getting the feeling that something is a bit off here on Sweetie?

At last count we had the correct lift off weight,and Mid`s not gone Flat-Line drinking Badeskov`s special mixers and Tonics ,YET !

But I cannot find BEe anywhere. I shall travel up the Deck three and locate Susieice for a hand in locating Bee ! Whew-wee this ship seems to get larger as it accelerates to Max-V`s

My head stills is pounding from the party early tonite Mids went missing about that time too ?

If I can Im going to hack into SAL`s planet sized brain complex. I have all I need to get this done. A Straw,and can of shaken but also gently handled Red Bull, SAL`s fave- lubricant . ANd a blank 1989 Floopy Disc .

Only I have the Skills to enter her massive Brain complex without damaging my own Cortex and core ,Soul! THis has only been done once before by Comander Scott to HAl , a 9000 unit from which SAL got here main train of thoughts !

Well Here We Go race fans off into the BReach ! :wacko:

post-68971-0-16824400-1318656023_thumb.j

Thanks for having me on the Flight Deck MID. You and Bade were wonderful in pointing out the landscape as we left the surface. The variations of height and the contrasts, especially in light, are extremely haunting. What a beautiful sight. You don't notice it on Earth like you do on the moon. I'm sorry to be leaving it behind but I'm sure you and Bade and D have already got a new trip agenda in the works.

We're pleased to have you susie!

And glad you've enjoyed the amazing scenery.

Personally, I could spend months just looking at the sights from here, like this one, our landing site, as we passed over moments ago!

AS15-87-11721HR.jpg:

And the views of the stars from the 3rd deck windows on the "dark side"!!

153344main_Starry_Sky.jpg

And through the telescope up there!

lh95_hst_big.jpg

Keep the drinks coming Bade. I feel lighter than air. Think I'll hit the holodeck tomorrow for an old fashion medieval festival party if anyone would like to join me or maybe a little clue type mystery solving. Haven't really gone there during the flight. The approach to Earth is something I don't want to miss either. Home is always a breathtaking sight.

Hazz said the Holodeck was programmed for you and is yours, and anyone else who's into it, all day!

Bade is fully occupied this morning with the embellishments from the bar!

This is our last day on orbit, and we are planning departure for home in approximately 9 hours (~ 18:00 PDT)

And of course, we're having a farewell party that'll last into the wee hours of Sunday.

And tomorrow afternoon is landing at Edwards!

:tu: