Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A party with all the UM members.

Hazzard

Where are we heading Big D.? Need to know how much to stock up...

Cheers,

Badeskov

MArs we have unfinished business Mid`s left me with quite the request to produce on our mission ! Everyone Meet at the End of the Runway North Edwards AFB you know the place way the heck out in the tumble weeds !

Iv`e got a crew list started Everyone tha wants to go better start reading this thread and singing up !

Wow ! We have a Great crew-a-brewing ! A D.j and all to Boot ! Lilly will be running all the entertainment on the Mission, And FTL is way too slow for what we need. Sweetie now has the Universes first Highjacked Improbaility drive,I stole it from Zafod a few months ago and re-fitted Sweetie with it ! Were talking faster then fast,so fast that If one were to try to figure out how fast that person would just evaporate ! Or not.

THe point is Sweetie can now accelerate to ? Well There and back before we even leave in the first place. Now thats fast !

ANd hince this is why we will need Mike D boy our new D.J. and every one will have a custom embroider towels ! Oh ! and Ive refitted Sweetie with custom Nut dispenders every deck ! And Badeskov`s done wonderful job on automatic drink machines every where !

Well Every one start to put in your Dinning request,and special needs ! This means everyone !

P.S. Susieice please meet me on the FLT deck ASAP ! We gots lots to go over ! :tu:

justDONTEATUS

• Like 1

At least theres a few Loyal members in here !

I see a Grin on the Moon`s surface tonight ! Mid approves ! :tu:

I'm still lying drunk in a crater. I was always late to the dialogue, but I am sure someone will be by any day now........................

Tito said something abut looking for old people to go to Mars, might as well take the sights in I suppose!

Tito said something abut looking for old people to go to Mars, might as well take the sights in I suppose!

Speaking of,... Ever heard of John Titor? I followed that whole thing, back in the days. It was awesome.

• Like 1

Nope. She's a top secret beastie with technology only available in Sky's world (He knows exactly where this technology came from. I'm surprized he hasn't spilled the beans yet...)!

No photos available.

But she's a beastie:

375 feet long, retractable hypersonic wings, 355 span, 138 feet retracted.

The flight decks 70 feet up off the tarmac, and she's 85 feet wide.

Big...BIG zero g pool on deck 1, lots of facilities for all sorts of activities, 40 extra large 4 x 6 foot observation windows, rotate speed is 235 KTS, cruise climb at 485 KTS, nominal cruise at flight level 500 is mach 1.3....weighs in fully loaded at about 750,000 pounds, 8 Rolls Royce Turbofans for conventional operations, each producing 30,000 lbs. of thrust, supplemented by the 8 He-3 nuclear engines, one of which can pump out 200,000 lbs of thrust!

The only thing not big is the flight deck. Above deck 3 is the engineering deck (off limits to all but red shirted, security cleared personnel), with all the goodies, Sally's home, crew quarters, and the flight deck, which is packed full of goodies, and is about the size of a small bedroom.

It's got great visibility for a flight deck though, 12 windows, has a mini-galley in it (glyn is training to work that), beermeister in the center console (no one needs any special training for that...emergency egress hatch overhead (glyn's also very familiar with that), Sally's right in the middle of the 6 foot wide instrument panel with state of the art glass panels, fly by wire technology...the whole 9 yards.

She's smooth as glass, and of course, the load factor suppression system on decks 1 through 3 will limit loads to 1 g no matter what we do on the flight deck...which is the only way Lilly would come aboard!

Imagine the view out those big windows when we light off the He-3 at 50,000 feet and scoot toward orbit, with the nose pitched up 50 degrees, and everyone just sitting back like they were in a recliner watching the earth's surface shrink below!

We of course, will be pulling about 2.75 g on the flight deck during this, but we think that's fun, especially with a couple cold ones in the belly!

...glyn may not entirely enjoy that, but we're getting him primed to take it!

Our "walk around" inspection is done in a truck (it's a drive around). It takes us several minutes ro walk to the flight deck from level 1...but we have a really cool elevator located about mid ship that'll boot us up topside in a matter of seconds, circumventing the 85 step spiral staircase!

We've recently changed our plans to utilize runway 17/35 at EDW for this baby...since we had such a long roll out after landing last week

(SAL: "Yea...about 4 miles, what the hell anyway with that landing speed!").

blush.gif...she gave me that look again. Damn, I've gotta behave when she's around!

17/35 is the longest runway in the world, at around 39,000 feet (roughly 7 statute miles form end to end). I could let glyn land her on that one and we'd be safe!!!!!!

:)

• Like 1

:)

You will Love to See Sweetie Now ! Three times Her first re-fit days ! Mid Looks down upon us and our Great Crew. SAL is Indeed come to Full consciousness ANd Wow ! what a Babe ! Mid was bang on when He Built this Lady !

SAL will be actually running the entire ship,and mission ! Were all on board to just eat,drink,be Happy and Explore ! THanks for the Great music mcrom901 we will need all we can get on the Trip to Mars !

BUt We must leave ASAP.psyche101 is lying drunk in a crater on Mars ! Man I dont know how that guy got there in the first place? Well mustard up everyone Were Going to Lunch at Zero-Darkthirty ! All aboard thats going to board !

Were now on a rescue mission too ! :clap:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ready to report to FLT Deck D. Promised a full report on my Titanic experience but haven't had much time to give it. It was a very humbling thing. It started with suitcases and ended with the contents of suitcases and little bios of the owners who didn't make it. The rooms in between contained so many artifacts brought up from the wreck. A lot of letters and postcards, many discolored from their time on the bottom but still legible. Money also. The coins cleaned up nicely. There were dishes from all three classes and pots from the galley. One of the oil containers still had some of it's contents, as did some of the wine bottles. One of the passengers was a perfume salesman and it's said the bottles still have the smell of their contents, although I couldn't detect it as everything was in temperature controlled cases. One suitcase was in a case covered with a black cloth to keep light from hitting directly on it. It was very black and deteriorated. I saw one of the ship's whistles, a telegraph that gave the orders from the bridge to the engine room and the box containing the telephone that linked the stern to the bridge. A lot of personal affects. Cosmetic cases, jewelry, shaving equipment including a razor strap ( Gillette began producing the razor and blades as we know them at that time. There was also one of them and some blades.) Clothes, a man's pants and vest daysuit, a patched work shirt displayed with the owner's tools, a bowler hat, a pair of shoes. There was a mirror and hairbrush which no longer had it's bristles. I remember thinking of the scene in the movie when the older Rose picks up the mirror and says it looks just like it did the last time she saw it. I'm sure this mirror didn't look anything like it once did. One of the most known pictures of the wreck in the dishes stacked in rows where the box had deteriorated around it. Those dishes were there. I've been fascinated with Titanic since I read A Night To Remember as a young kid. Watched and read everything I could get ahold of since. So many people lost, so many of their possessions, it's sad. I gave some money to be used towards preserving the artifacts and got a necklace with a cage locket. Inside the locket is a piece of coal brought up from the site with a certificate of authenticity.

Anyway, I'm ready to go here. Let's go rescue psyche before he gets hit by a land rover.

Over: SAL dear !

Yes JDE , Im meeting with susieice in the FLT deck in a few min`s and would like some mood music,a ambient temp of 68.5 deg,f and some chilled wine from Down under a good Merlot please. Over.\

SAL: Roger that JDE .

JDE: Looks around for the training tapes of our Last Mars trip to bone up on the EVA`s and SAV`s gets ready the ready room.and all the little touches that will make this a wonderful meeting.

SAL: Sorry dear I need to break in on your little party your planning,We have a call in from the Ground crew on our exterior hull mod`s Over!

JDE: Yes SAL I see they have been wanting to paint Sweetie a gross color of Cammo and Red white and Blue ! Yuck ! That Will not Fly with our Mission for sure ! Im on it SAL I`ll talk to the Ground crew ASAP over!

SAL: Roger that JDE I`ll throw a few thousand volts thru the Hull`s exterior ,just dont touch anything metal for a few min`s over!

JDE: Roger that SAL your a Sweetie Like our Ship ! Now Im going to meet with susieice now Over !

SAL: Roger that I`ll make sure you two are not distrubed . :tu:

• Like 1

Well SAL and I git all the Flight deck ready for my party with susieice and all went very well. THis trip Will Bee a wonder for all ! Back in a Flash gotta ck in on Bee and Lilly I hear thay are planning a New Band for the Trip !

Thats a Good photo of Sweetie mcrom901 !

:tu:

Edited by DONTEATUS
  • Like 2

all packed and ready for takeoff big-d :tu:

http://www.movie2k.to/

You forgot a couple of good flicks,... here let me help you.

Trailers: 10 Must-See Horror Flicks Set in Space - http://www.wired.com...10-space-horror

And,...

What we might find out there - Top 10 Coolest Planets In Sci-Fi Movies.

[media=]

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

At least Magrathea made # 5 on the List of great Planets ! Yea !!! Ck us out at Magrathea inc. on Face Book ! If you like My Classic cars !

Thanks mcrom901

• 1 month later...

Just so you know,...

:P

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2