Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A party with all the UM members.

Hazzard

Speaking of flying.

Bade and I had Sweetie out for long approach practice Yesterday.

We established ourselves at 50,000 feet and were descending over the northern California coast, passing through 40,000, when traffic alerted us to jet aircraft at our 6:30 at 33,000.

Sally snapped this picture through the aft loading door 1000 mm camera!

0239080.jpg

Whooo! But fear not....we were 7 miles ahead, 6000 feet above, and a lot faster as we streaked toward EDW for a landing.

:yes:

Speaking of flying.

Bade and I had Sweetie out for long approach practice Yesterday.

We established ourselves at 50,000 feet and were descending over the northern California coast, passing through 40,000, when traffic alerted us to jet aircraft at our 6:30 at 33,000.

Sally snapped this picture through the aft loading door 1000 mm camera!

0239080.jpg

Whooo! But fear not....we were 7 miles ahead, 6000 feet above, and a lot faster as we streaked toward EDW for a landing.

Well, I be doggone!!! Now I remember, I forgot to replace those oil caps.:o

Well, I be doggone!!! Now I remember, I forgot to replace those oil caps.:o

Jeez...and while we were watching this on the digital display on the flight deck, we thought it was just a pretty connie.

Little did we know that you had yer mitts in the engines of that bird!!!!

:w00t:

Edited by MID

SAL:

Official Memorandum to:

Bade; First Officer, Bartender extraordinaire.

Glyn; Flight engineer

Donteatus: Master Chef, Manager of Hospitality and crew services.

Hazzard: Holodeck Manager

Bee: The lovliest of S.O.F.A. managers imaginable (Those were MID's words in our meeting this afternoon! I agree!).

The entire crew support staff (approximately 20 of you, manning the bars, the smokers under D's direction, and servers, custodians, and medical personnel).

The Air Force technical support crew, under MSGT Sparky's direction.

MID: Oh...me too!

Sorry, Dear.

It's OK...Carry on :unsure:

Subject:

Preparation for Launch of UM Party 2, October 2, 2011

As you all know, we plan to lift off on Sunday, 2 October 2011, at 09:00 Pacific.

This flight crew memo is to inform you of the schedule as pertains to you on launch day:

1. All flight crew members, as well as passengers will be on base by 19:00 hours on Saturday, 1 October. Flight crew bedtime is 20:00.

Wake up call for the flight crew is 04:00, 2 October.

At 05:00, MID, Bade, Glyn, Donteatus and his staff, will board Sweetie. Preliminary switch setting checks on the flight deck and firing up the Galley will be accomplished between 0500 and 0700.

At 0700, all flight crew and passengers meet in operations hall for breakfast and a short pre-boarding briefing.

At 0735, The flight crew will board and begin pre-start activities, followed by all other crew and passenger boarding at 0800!

things will move rather quickly, as we'll be lifting off of the runway at EDW, hopefully on time at 09:00 Pacific!

Thank you, Sally.

You're welcome, Dear, and was that Tanquere you were looking for?

Yes Sal, Rangpur, please, tonic and lime.

OK.

Feel like landing Sweetie this Saturday?

Oh, yes, of course. That is on the flight training protocol, isn't it?

Absolutely. It's time tyou had a real run at it again!

!

Im back ,but I need to de-compress a bit ! THe Military School took it outta me this weekend ! My young cadet was at full attention and had us busy ! See you Mon. P.M.justDONTEATUS :wacko:

Hey MID.... :wub:

Been giving the S.O.F.A. a few test runs in Wales....Snowdonia, Brecon Beacons...

Swooped round Glyn's place a few times and gave him a wave.

Bade..have added a small drinks cabinet to the SOFA and will need supplies.

DONTEATUS...will also be needing some nibbles... :)

Everything Hunky Dory and all-systems-go in my department.

Where is this one going MID? :)

We'll be heading out to Mare Imbrium, southeast border area, in Palus Putretinus, just west of the APollo 15 landing site and Hadley Rille!

Been giving the S.O.F.A. a few test runs in Wales....Snowdonia, Brecon Beacons...

Ah, so that's what you're up to!

I just noticed that it wasn't stowed in the SOFA compartment aboard ship!

Your retrofits sound marvelous, and rest assured, Bade and D shall supply all the "supplies" you require!

:tu:

Im back ,but I need to de-compress a bit ! THe Military School took it outta me this weekend ! My young cadet was at full attention and had us busy ! See you Mon. P.M.justDONTEATUS :wacko:

Ah yes Sir!

get your rest!

:tu:

Well ITs Tee-minus ? Well Minus sumptin and counting ! I for one cant waith until Launch !,Lunch, Party Time ! Im still getting a new menu together and all the Grits that one can hold down !

Mids ,and Bades will make sure that the G-ee lock will keep the grits inside instead of Floating around the cabins !

Everyone Needs to make a list of any special request`s for the trip ! :wacko:

Well ITs Tee-minus ? Well Minus sumptin and counting ! I for one cant waith until Launch !,Lunch, Party Time ! Im still getting a new menu together and all the Grits that one can hold down !

Mids ,and Bades will make sure that the G-ee lock will keep the grits inside instead of Floating around the cabins !

Everyone Needs to make a list of any special request`s for the trip ! :wacko:

T minus 20 days and counting, D.

T minus 15 days until the final menu is due in Sally's data banks.

G-SUP will most assuredly insure that cooking is poosible without any loss during powered flight, as it did last time...so it will this time!

Just get your rest and be ready to COOK YER BUTT OFF!

:tu::tu::tu:

T minus 20 days and counting, D.

T minus 15 days until the final menu is due in Sally's data banks.

G-SUP will most assuredly insure that cooking is poosible without any loss during powered flight, as it did last time...so it will this time!

Just get your rest and be ready to COOK YER BUTT OFF!

:tu::tu::tu:

Yes Sir ! Roger,Roger, or Mid`! Affirmitive !

Yes Sir ! Roger,Roger, or Mid`! Affirmitive !

Roger, Roger, Wilco, Copy and Out!

For now, anyway!

Edited by MID

Ohh a happy thread! Still waiting to get on this baby. Can't wait to get up there. No CTs please.

Ohh a happy thread! Still waiting to get on this baby. Can't wait to get up there. No CTs please.

We will be ready as soon as you turn in your request list and any special needs you may have ! Mid`s a real picky Capt. no place for Dilly-Dally on his missions !

So make your request forms in triplequit! :blink:

post-68971-0-62959500-1315971897_thumb.j

No doubt ! Only the finest Angus aged sixty days at just under room temp, the best brisket ever served to any crew on this planet.

And the Chilean red will complement the babybacks and porkchops ! Sides will include cheesey , and I do mean cheesey ! Twice baked potatoes and crispy

brussel sprouts,with Three kinds of cobblers! Blue berry,Cherry,Peach. Yummy to your tummy`s

And then its off to Lilly`s Full frontal Rock and Roll twister ,zero-G marathon !

All under the close eye of Sal our inflight chaperon. watch out guys and gal`s she`s got a very detailed eye and memory chip !

Yummy.....now I am drooling, Big D. :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Oh...no!

No one aboard during out training runs. It's me, you, Sally, and Glyn should he be available! Takeoffs and landings and some cruising out over the ocean testing the approaches.

Lil gets uptight when some bumps might be involved, or we're playin' around.

For her, we'll make iot smooth and easy!

Ahaa....I am definitely up for some stick time with you, Sally and Glyn!! Better let Lilly stay on the ground during training, agreed ;)

Cheers,

Badeskov

I can't wait for this trip to start. I haven't met badescov before, but I think I just found another new best friend!

Bartender at your service :)

Cherry cobbler, brussel sprouts and lots of cheese. Getting hungry just thinking about it.

Indeed!

Cheers,

Badeskov

You cant see the ground departing at a rate of speed with a Big B.B.Q Rib in your mouth Lilly!

Very, very true!!!

Lilly might need a hand to hold Susie!

And you'll love Bade! A fine bartender, and not bad with a stick and rudder either! Being First Officer, as well as Chief Bartender, you'll see plenty of him on the trip!

Ah, thanks you for the kind words, MID. One does his best ;)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

Bade, a bottle of Lilly's favorite Merlot for ascent, delivered to Susieice's seat on deck 1!

Coming right up...and maybe some firewater that would remove any sign of fear of flying :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Small drinks cabinet filled up and ready to go. :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

We'll be heading out to Mare Imbrium, southeast border area, in Palus Putretinus, just west of the APollo 15 landing site and Hadley Rille!

Ah! The Moon again!

Can I come?

Ah! The Moon again!

Can I come?

Your on the crew list paxus ! In fact your in for a treat !

Your duties on this mission will include Three square`s of mess detail,pool cleaning,all the heads on board,and Personal P.T.

This will be a break in flight for you . Lilly will be needing a Lead Singer in her new band. They are called" BAND Width"

I hear your quite the Drummer ?

Well dont be late for the pre-flight training Mid will give out the mission details soon!

Cheer`s mate ! and welcome aboard !