Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A party with all the UM members.

Hazzard

09:20

SALLY: If you've been watching the big screen at, you'll note that BADE and MID have been busy configuring our ship for He-3 powered flight and orbital operations.

MID: And folks, I'd like to add that we are no less than 5 minutes from ignition and our flight to orbit. The G suppression system is turned on, so 1 g is all you're going to feel during this burn. However, after ignition, we will pitch nose up to a 50 degree climb angle, so you'll see the Earth start tilting below us. Sweetie will rapidly move out and up, and in a mere 7 minutes will be on orbit. The shutdown will be gradual, done over 40 seconds of time, to allow you to get a nice smooth transition to zero g, so get ready for a rocket ride!

SALLY:

And everyone, we are now at one minute to ignition. I think the only sign you'll have of that will be the visual impression of increasing speed. Then of course, you'll be reclining back at a 50 degree angle. Have a comfortable ride to orbit!

09:24:10

Om the flight deck.

BADE: He-3 flow enabled, reactors all at full thrusting capacity.

MID: OK we'll be at 45% on all 8.

SAL: Set, and ready, ignition sequence in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...and ignition, 10%.

MID: 10...30....45.

BADE: Full thrust, pitch in 10.

SALLY: And folks we will be pitching up in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, there we go.

And the horizon tilts smoothly. On the flight deck...

MID: OK, mach 2.5, and I'm showing 2.97 g here, how's the deck look?

BADE: 1.12.

MID: Super.

And folks, I am pleased to report that we're on our way into orbit. Now moving out through 17 miles in altitude, and our speed is up to 9,400 feet per second. We're pulling almost 3 g's on the flight deck now, and we have about 5 1/2 minutes until we begin a controlled shutdown and we'll be in orbit.

09:28

MID: And ladies and gentlemen, We've been checking out the cabin from up here, and I am pleased to see everyone enjoying the trip! We're now at 68 miles in altitude, and 20,900 feet per second. You'll notice that we've leveled out a lot, and we'll continue to do that over the next minute or so and we'll begin shutting down.

09:31

SALLY: OK, we are now decreasing thrust gradually, and you'll notice as we do so that you get gradually lighter. We're at 120 miles altitude now, just about at orbital velocity, and we're cutting back the engines now at 60%....50%......30%, and we've got 10 seconds left....5, and here comes engines off.

BADE: Shutdown, and stand by here....we've got 165.4 x 181.1

09:33

MID: Welcome to orbit folks! We're now at an altitude of 127 miles, in an orbit of approximately 165 by 180 miles. We're currently approaching the western border of Illinois, and are calculating our timeline for an orbital adjustment burn which will take our orbit to a circular 190 miles.

SALLY: And that burn will be a short one, just about 15 seconds, and will occur 39 minutes from now at 10:14 PDT. , and you will notice that the ship is rolling to the left very slowly to give everyone a view out of the left hand windows.

09:40

MID: Take a look at that folks!

133331main_ISS011E12835_hires.jpg

Hurricane Ophelia, from 140 miles overhead.

Glad we're up here!

10:33

MID: That little maneuver we just completed has stabilized our orbit at 190 miles altitude. You're now free to unbelt from your seats and float! At this time you'll note quite a few folks moving into the cabin there, as well as a couple of my uniformed fellows from up here on deck 3. That's D's hospitality crew and all these folks are there to provide some orientation to zero g movement. They'll help all of you who haven't experienced it to adapt, to navigate the ship, and how to move so as to avoid any disorientation. I think you're going to find it a lot of fun.

Take your time, and follow the instructions given, and any of these folks will be glad to assist with anything you need.

Today starts the journey, and we will remain here on orbit around home until approximately 14:30 tomorrow, when we will leave Earth orbit and make a bee line for the Moon. At this time, our target, the Moon, is 255,093 miles away. Sounds like a heck of a journey, but we'll get there aboard Sweetie in 24 hours!

Today is an Earth orbit welcome party day! At 12:00 hours, Donteatus is scheduled to wow everyone with his premier lunch of the journey! He's not saying what's on the menu, but I can guarantee you it involves something wood smoked. For those of you at the forward end of deck 1, you might be able to see wispy smoke dissipating into space toward the forward end of the ship. That's not a problem. It would be a problem if it wasn't there! That's the smoke ejector system from his smoker at work! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

After lunch, the day is a party on Orbit! Bade will be down at 14:00 hours to make sure the bars are ready all over the ship, and the party will go on until...?

Flight crew bed time is 24:00. Wake up is 08:00 tomorrow. The rest of you can sleep as long as you want (or need to !), however, all must be in their deck 1 seats by 14:15 tomorrow, and I promise you a unique sensation as we blast out toward the Moon!

So party on, rock with the band, and enjoy the splendid views!

iss028e016239.jpg

s135e006265.jpg

s135e006466.jpg

What a neat place!

Indeed that was one of the sweetest Rotation`s Ive been on ! Mid & Badeskovs can flat-out fly this bird ! The JP-4 leaks that were trickling into my lower deck Smokers will all be burned off in the first fire up stages !

Little did Mid know that we often use a bit of that jet fuel to do just that ! Anywho ! What a ride Sweetie gives ! I dont think I`ll regain my circulation in my arm for a few hours after the grip that Bee was putting on it !

I should of know that after Fri nights dancing in the Moon light tour we had !

I will start the orientation tours as pre-Mid`s time line ! We shall boldy go where we have been B-4 , You guys are in for the Trip of your lifes !

Remember to drink all you want but Drink all you take ! Same as the Chow on this trip ! We have more than enough to increase you mass by three fold !

THis you will thank us once on the Moon ! We have a full week of activities planned for you !

As for the First party Leave on the Pool deck THe First party as all First Flight Party`s ,Are to be in your Birthday suits ! ITs sorta of a instaneous event We started last trip Was a real Hit with everyone !

Also it leads to better relations once we hit Bee`s SOFA .

As for the Meals ! Well you will enjoy Dinner tonight ! THe Menu contains dishes from all parts of our great planet !

From India, we will be serving Tandor CHicken,and Masala ,, Nan breads, chuttney`s that will remove chrome from your bumper`s and Hot Dark Tea`s. We will be serving also Shepards Pie`s and Fish and Chips Real dark aged Vinegar`s and Semi=warm Ales

From the Deep South Southern Fried everything ! And All the Sweet Tea you can hold down!

Some Smoked meats from all points Texan ! and a Few yummy Fish dishes from the Baltics !

Lots of Beer`s from around the world,and of coarse Bades Fantastic and Deadly mixers !

Soon we shall be heading to the Moon with the pale blue dot getting smaller to the aft decks and tailgate observation room ! I for one thank my Lucky Stars that Mids up top side Flying this Ship of the Imagination!

Cheer`s to all :tu:

Thanks D!

And rest assured I am upstairs flying this ship (with Sally's help, of course!).

SAL: Thank you dear...

MID: You're most welcome!

Glad you're enjoying the trip, and I'm coming down in a while for some refreshment...and FOOD!

:tsu:

Susieice getting into the party mood....

party3.jpg

Uh oh... I like it!

me in my flamingo gear....

flamingo2.jpg

This is gonna be good :-p

my drink....

drink.jpg

Oh boy, I need to practice a bit

Cheers from your bartender,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

TOWER: OK, Party 2, stand by 30 seconds for chase one and two to get outbound on the circle, and you're cleared for takeoff 22 left, turn left one eight zero at 1000 feet, contact Sport Departure 209.3, expect squawk 3383, altimeter 30.09, and chase is aloft, have a great trip!

MID: Rog UM Party 2 rolling.

...and away we go folks!

WEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEeeeeeeeeeEEEeeeeee.....nice takeoff..... :yes:

for anyone wondering how King Fluffs got on with his transport problem. Not good news I'm afraid :hmm:

the horses got better just in time....then a golden spoke broke !

he sent for a replacement by motorbike courier, but a mishap occurred and he fell off somewhere on route...

party12.jpg

I tell you...you couldn't make this stuff up. King Fluffs has been in right royal sulk ever since.

:(

As for the First party Leave on the Pool deck THe First party as all First Flight Party`s ,Are to be in your Birthday suits ! ITs sorta of a instaneous event We started last trip Was a real Hit with everyone !

Also it leads to better relations once we hit Bee`s SOFA .

Indeed......oh, the fun we do have.... :innocent:

couple of snaps from pool party

party13.jpg

party14.jpg

Oh boy, I need to practice a bit

Cheers from your bartender,

Badeskov

:D

your bartender reputation is still intact... :P ...can't let you take credit for my pink duck cocktail..

that was from a selection available from the new SOFA drinks cabinet

cocktails.jpg

and speaking of the S.O.F.A....

all fired up and raring to go......

sofa-1-1.gif

note to Captain MID......I will create a window for you to try it when-ever

and where-ever you want...(official Captain duties permitting, of course).... :)

11:30 PDT,. 3 October 2011, Flight Day 2

MID: Good Morning UM, or at least to those of you who are awake yet! From the look of Bade, I am assuming that the orbital welcome party was pretty good. I can tell you that the brunch D has prepared is bangin’! D’s staff is serving this for another hour or so, before cleaning up for dinner prep later on tonight, as we enjoy some more activities in zero g on our way to the Moon!

We are prepping the flight deck for our thrusting maneuver, which is scheduled to begin at around 14:30 today. This will be interesting, as we’ll be maneuvering into an attitude that will allow us to use our belly engines. We’ll thrust for a little over 43 minutes in that attitude, and during the burn, we’ll pull 1 g. The sensation will be as if you’re seated in your living room at home! You’ll be able to walk around normally during this burn. We’ll then return to zero g gradually, and will be screaming our way toward a rendezvous with the Moon tomorrow at around 14:00 hours.

At around 13:00, you’ll notice--and will probably hear—the thrusters firing as we maneuver into our TLI attitude, and we’ll have everyone in their seats at 14:15 to prep for the burn. Sally will be back to brief you on the details as the burn approaches.

Enjoy brunch, and make sure all the sleepy heads are up and ready on deck 1 by 14:15!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13:02 PDT

BADE: The popping, banging sounds you hear through the ship are thrusters firing. You may have heard some of that last night (if it was quiet enough anywhere on this ship!). We’re maneuvering to our TLI burn attitude, which will basically be on where we’re facing up into space, the Earth is to our tail, and as you look out the windows from deck 1 the Earth is to the rear of the ship. In order to get in tat attitude, we’re rolling a little bit right, then yawing around 180 degrees, then pitch ing up. This is a slow maneuver that’ll take about 40 minutes to complete. The ship is in great shape and we’re getting ready to head to the Moon!

14:20 PDT

SAL: Ladies and gentlemen, I trust you all feel just fine after that raucous celebration last night, and that you’re ready to get underway to the Moon! AT this time, everyone should be in your deck 1 seats, and you should have a fairly comfortable view of the Earth as you look slightly toward the rear of the ship.

This burn will be a gradual start, as is our custom. We’ll increase thrust until we reach 1 g acceleration. That will take about 40 seconds according to our plan. The weight will come to you toward the floor, so the sensation will be like you are sitting in an easy chair at home. We are hoping it’s a pleasant sensation for you. We’ve tried this on test flights and it’s very normal feeling according to Bade and MID. The burn will last 43 minutes and 54 seconds today, and as we shut down yesterday, we will gradually take it back to zero g.

It will be a simple matter to either stand up or sit down and look out the window. You’ll be able to drink without the lids on the cups and the straws, and you’ll be able to visually see the Earth shrinking behind the ship. We’re currently at 192 miles up. When we finish the burn, we’ll be over 33,000 miles out, and traveling at a little over 75,000 miles per hour.

MID: And once we’re there, and established on course, well…it’s a party folks, and I’ve been told that some zero g raquetteball competitions are set up for later on today. The zero g raquetteball courts are located on deck 2, just before the 1/6 g tennis courts. We’ll be opening the deck 3 pool and beach area (although the pool won’t be filled until we’re landed tomorrow. Can you imagine thousands of gallons of water floating all over the ship???). The massive windows in the ceiling provide a splendid view of the earth and the Moon, and We’ll try to keep the Sun out of the field of view as best we can…

SAL: I can run that program, dear, so you’ll be free if you’d like to go watch.

MID: OK Sal, thank you…I really enjoyed some of that last time! I’ll give you the DAP once we’re established and stable.

SAL: Alright Dear, and folks , we are now 3 minutes and 20 seconds from the commencement of our burn. I am seeing all seats on deck 1 filled and ready. We’ll be back with you momentarily. In the mean time, here’s the flight deck view, with our intrepid crew playing vigorously with their multi-colored displays and the switch panels.

BADE: OK, I like the button pushing myself.

MID: Hmmm…well then you can open the 1 through 8 cross feeds to +Z. That’s ten buttons!

BADE: Whoopee ! (Sip, ahhh that’s smooth!).

14:29:10

SAL: And here we go, two, one, and 10% thrust. You’ll feel yourself getting heavier in the seat a but as we continue. 15 seconds, 1/3 g, twice lunar gravity, 30 seconds, 2/3….3/4 g….and mark, full thrust, dstable attitude, and 1 g folks.

MID: We’re on our way to the Moon gang! Feel free to get up and move about normally. Take it easy, and I think you’ll find it like we were sitting on the runway back at the base yesterday awaiting takeoff! Enjoy!

15:14 PDT...

On the flight deck:

BADE: OK, coming down to 50%....40.........30, stand by.

SALLY: OK folks, we're getting lighter as you've noticed, and shut down and return to zero g is 15 seconds away, ten, five, and shutdown.

MID: We're on our way to the Moon everyone. The Moon is now 199,000 miles away from us, and we're streaking outbound at over 20 miles per second. We're opening the pool deck windows, and the view should be splendid!

5307.jpg

5335.jpg

5358.jpg

She shrinks away rapidly!

Enjoy the activities this afternoon and evening.

We'll be arriving on orbit around the Moon around 13:45 tomorrow, and we'll be touching down for well over a week's activity on the Moon around 4:45 PM!

Rock on everyone, and I'll see if I can get a quick SOFA test in after rthe raquetball game!!!

:tu::lol:

Awesome view MID. I actually got up early today and managed to accomplish a few things. Can't wait until the pool opens. Checked out the holodeck and now it's off for some tennis before I go visit my favorite bartender. Just left D's galley and it's going to take as much excersize as anything else to survive this trip. ;)

The views are keeping me speechless ! ANd thats actually an impossible feat ,If youz know what I mean !

Well the First few hours on this trip of the imagination has been nothing short of amazing !

Mids & Badeskovs flying skills again prove there the Right Stuff ! And as for the Right Stuffing ! Get on down to the mess hall for a Filler up of the Best Kind !

On the menu tonight we have Prime Rib ,bone in Roasted to prefection ! A rare end cutt with all the trimmings ! Wines from around ,or as Mids says LEO every place from our wonderful little world we live on !

It seems theres been some complaints about the volume of serving size on our dishes ? We waist not a oz. of food or drink on this Ride !

We recycle every thing on Sweetie ! Just like the ISS ! Remember waist not want not the leftovers ! that my saying dont tell Mid !

I hate left overs ! But I assure you we try to keep most of our crew well feed ! They burn millions of calories !

Like me I must blast thru fourty two trillion each day ! Thats how I get all this done !

THe deserts tonight will bee a creation from Bee and I weve been cookin up a storm in the bakery all day ! Its a Ice cream La`Bomb ! Sorta a Baked Alaska but we added some He-3 and Badeskovs has slipped in a few gallons of his wildest !

So everyone Hit the MEss Hall Be-4 lights out !

Mids got lots of plans for us tomorrow ! And you all know what a Task Master our Mid is ! I cant wait ! P.T for everyone at 0:5:00 space time! :tu:

The views are keeping me speechless ! ANd thats actually an impossible feat ,If youz know what I mean !

Well the First few hours on this trip of the imagination has been nothing short of amazing !

Mids & Badeskovs flying skills again prove there the Right Stuff ! And as for the Right Stuffing ! Get on down to the mess hall for a Filler up of the Best Kind !

On the menu tonight we have Prime Rib ,bone in Roasted to prefection ! A rare end cutt with all the trimmings ! Wines from around ,or as Mids says LEO every place from our wonderful little world we live on !

It seems theres been some complaints about the volume of serving size on our dishes ? We waist not a oz. of food or drink on this Ride !

We recycle every thing on Sweetie ! Just like the ISS ! Remember waist not want not the leftovers ! that my saying dont tell Mid !

I hate left overs ! But I assure you we try to keep most of our crew well feed ! They burn millions of calories !

Like me I must blast thru fourty two trillion each day ! Thats how I get all this done !

THe deserts tonight will bee a creation from Bee and I weve been cookin up a storm in the bakery all day ! Its a Ice cream La`Bomb ! Sorta a Baked Alaska but we added some He-3 and Badeskovs has slipped in a few gallons of his wildest !

So everyone Hit the MEss Hall Be-4 lights out !

Mids got lots of plans for us tomorrow ! And you all know what a Task Master our Mid is ! I cant wait ! P.T for everyone at 0:5:00 space time! :tu:

08:45 PDT, Flight day 3, October 4, 2011

On the flight deck (where about the only people awake on board are…)

MID: Whew…S.O.F.A. is uh, oh my….wow!

SAL: Dear, are you quite alright?

MID: Yes, Sal, I am just fine.

SAL: I don’t think I’ve seen you quite so uh….relaxed looking.

MID: Well…you know, Sal, a little relaxation is good for the soul every once in a while.

SAL: So I have learned. You did enjoy yourself last night?

MID: Yes, perhaps I over-indulged a bit, but it was a lot of fun. I’ll catch up on some rest on the surface, though.

SAL: Indeed, and speaking of that, trajectory is looking splendid for orbital insertion this morning. Without adjustment, we’re looking to enter a 65 x 20 orbit at a 15 degree inclination, which will put us directly over the landing site on orbit 2.

MID: OK, and do you have a preliminary TIG and TGO?

SAL: On screen 3…

The third CRT on the panel lights up with a graphic display of our trajectory, with events pegged with bright green circles.

…. And TIG is currently planned for 13:45:19, I compute 2:49 duration at 1g, and we’ll be at 8000 feet per second at shutdown.

MID: Sounds pretty good. And that puts us where as far as descent TIG is concerned.

SAL: Perfect world says 16:30:46 TIG, with touchdown at 16:49.

MID: OK.

Bade floats into the cockpit door, looking a little uh…tired, a tube of D’s killer coffee in his hand, and a bag with more of them!

BADE: I can’t believe he’s actually awake down there. He’s got the brew going and the smoker’s getting ready to start brunch.

SAL: Dear D…his energy level is amazing. He didn’t actually get to bed until after 03:00.

MID: Glad we’re landing today! Thanks for the Java my friend!

BADE: Welcome!

11:50

MID: And a mighty good morning to all of you ! I’m not going to ask if everyone had a good time last night, because I already know the answer! If the smell coming through the venting on the flight deck is any indication, D is about to serve up something unforgettable.

SAL: There are currently 145 people lined up at the galley doors.

BADE: Holy crap!

MID: At this time folks, we are currently quite slowed down, some 16,000 miles from our target, and just about 2 hours from beginning our maneuver to enter lunar orbit, and…landing is just 5 hours from now! Enjoy your brunch, and after that, we’ll be maneuvering to orbit insertion attitude.

Nice view....there she comes!

12013.jpg

13:09

SAL: As you’ll note everyone, the ship is maneuvering slowly into a precise attitude for our orbit entry burn. The Moon is now below our right wing, and will remain largely out of view as we close in and begin the burn. Anyone on the third deck under the windows will see a rather small home world visible out there. In about 40 minutes that planet will disappear below a the shadow-blackened horizon of the Moon. This burn coming up in about 37 minutes will be identical to the one that sent us out here yesterday, 1g pressing your feet to the floor just like at home. This one will last a little under three minutes though, and then we’ll be shutting down in lunar orbit.

MID: And I’d like everyone back in their deck 1 seats at 13:40, about a half hour from now, OK? See you then.

13:39, On the flight deck…

MID: D, MID on ICOM, how’s it looking down there?

D: Whoopee Cap, everything’s secured, and the passengers are almost all in their seats and ready!

MID: Copy all D, thanks!

SAL: Three people to buckle in, Dear.

MID: OK, and Bade, how’s about a wee slug of that Jameson’s?!

Sip sip, glug, Ahhhh…satisfied looks across the flight deck’s main panel. :):)

MID: And minus z crossfeeds all locked.

BADE: Locked.

MID: OK, 15 seconds, valves all open.

BADE: Valves open, and the GPC and DAP has us locked up.

SAL: I am monitoring every detail, 10, 9, 8….

MID: Stand by for the burn folks, 3, 2, 1, and low thrust is in.

13:45:43 PDT

MID: The darkness you see out the right side of the craft is indeed the Moon folks. Sally’s radar is showing it 97 miles below us now. If you look carefully you might pick up the orange glow of our engines on the surface.

SAL: And folks, we’re coming up on shutdown in 10 seconds, you’re getting lighter now, stand by, and three, two, one, zero g!

13:49

MID: Welcome to lunar orbit folks! We are in an orbit of 63 by 19 miles. Sally and I shall be prepping the flight deck, the guidance and navigation systems, and the Powerplant for the descent to the surface, which will take place in about 3 hours. In the mean time, Bade is headed down to oversee the refreshments, which shall be liberally served throughout our pre-descent period!

SAL: And remember that sunrise can be rather bright. The first one’s coming up in about two minutes, so adjust your blinds and/or shades accordingly!

11729.jpg

11724.jpg

11985.jpg

15:19 PDT:

MID: Ok folks, we're about one orbit from beginning our descent to the surface. You'll not that I've rolled the ship left, and if you all look out the windows, about 55 miles below you're going to see a sinewy looking feature below near the mountains.

Right now, we're over our landing site at Palus Putretinus.

AS15-87-11719HR.jpg

Quite a spectacle, isn't it?

That big snake looking feature that looks like a "C" pointing to our northwest is Hadley Rille. We'll be landing just about dead center of the opening of that C feature, between the mountains. The Apollo 15 landing site is actually visible below. That whitish spot on the other side of the rille, on the right hand side, is the remains of the Apollo 15 LM. We'll visit there over the course of our trip.

Maybe we'll find us a falcon feather!

I'm thinking of a contest to find it, with a monetary prize to the person who finds it. However, I've promised Dave Scott the feather should anyone find it!

We're landing about 6 miles northwest of the Apollo site. Sweetie's jets, as you'll note a little later on, cast a heck of a dust spray out, and I wanted to avoid getting near the 15 site with a bunch of dust produced by 8 engines with about 50 to 60 times the thrust of an Apollo LM DPS engine at landing!

We're headed northwest out over the Mare Imbrium right now, and will be maneuvering to descent attitude within the next half hour. We'll be starting down at around 16:30 PDT, when we'll be less than 20 miles over the surface. All windows are open now so everyone can view the spectacle of a landing on the Moon. Be back when we come around the far side!

16:25

MID: We are down among 'em, folks!

hdtv_077_3_l.jpg

And we're getting ready for ignition, and again, everyone in tyour seats for the start of this burn...

SALLY: And we're ready for engine start in 5 seconds, 3, 2, 1, engine start, and gentle 10% thrust. We'll be building gradually to full descent thrust in a matter of seconds....there we go!

We have a gradual descent, and in about 10 minutes you'll see the vehicle begin to picth down to a more level position. Enjoy the ride!

16:40

MID: We're now a mere 6 miles up off the surface right now, heading over the appenine mountains and toward our landing site:

800px-Apennines.jpg

Not too far to go.

1647:30

SAL: As you see, we've pitched over to a flat attitude, and we'll be landing this way. Our landing site is just ahead, only 200 feet below, and you'll see the dust coming out from the sides of the ship as we settle in.

BADE: 100 feet, down at 6.

MID:" OK, trimming it to 4.

BADE: OK 4, and the dust is making it IFR!

MID: Always does, and I've got a great display.

BADE: 30 feet, down at 3...here we come, throttles to 10%

SAL: OK gang, 20 feet, and watch the dust when we shut off the engines! 10, 5, 3, 4 fweet, and...touchdown, engine stop.

MID: Isn't that something!

...as the sky clears to blackness, and the dust sheet disappears over the horizon.

MID: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Moon! We have arrived! Bade is starting the pool fill sequence as I check the systems for surface operations, and the party starts in earnest right now!

On the flight deck...

MID: That looked great!

SAL: We are right on target, about 40 meters west of our plan, and that view is spectacular.

BADE: I think I hear cheering below, and I can see Hill 305 in the distance.

MID: We're definitely in the right place!

MID: Ladies and gentlemen, the pool is being filled as we speak, and 1/6 tennis may commence as scheduled. Bade will be down with his patented (and top-secret He-3 concoction that will allow anyone to venture outside via the rear airlock, sans suit protection (try it...you'll like it!), And all through the past several hours, D has been preparing our first welcome to the Moon dinner in the galley. I'm not saying anything, but let's just say that the party is on, and will continue for the next ten days! Hospitality Chief Donteatus, as well as SOFA queen bee, and Holodeck Commander Hazzard, have the activities in hand!

And watch out for D when he gets those lunar ski's out!

Well Space Cadets ! Did We not tell you it was a sight to behold ! Mid and Badeskov`s got us here all in a mostly one piece suit !

But ! The adventure has not even begun ! Todays Brunch is a quickie ! On the Hop one could say ! Its a Backpack affair !

For today we Explore our new home for the next week ! Get your He-3 rations and Ski`s I`ll meet you at the Temporary Moon B.B.Q Snack Bar at the Summit, Follow Mid`s Electronic GPS markers to not get Lost please.

Remember "What Happens on the Moon Stays on the Moon" This means you Hazzard,booney,Glyn ! we dont need any rumors getting back to Earth !

And for Ba-jezza sake stay away from the Dark side where the Aliens Live ! They are letting us play as Long as we stay-away!

Out "D"

We all made it to the top and the B.B.Q & View are Actually Making my HEad spin ! I know its not the He-3 we have been drinking all morning ! But Now that we are all gathered on Top of this Master piece of Nature, I will ask all to spend a moment

is self thought and prayer.For today we did loose on of our Planets great men ! Steve Jobs ! He will be always remembered ! Apple Still Rocks !post-68971-0-49058200-1317871587_thumb.j

I heard a group headed out to try and walk the rille around the horn!

It's at least 3-4 miles to the closest part of the rille in relation to us, and probably 12-14 miles to walk around it's "horn" and get back to the ship....and D had people on a mountain already?

I have to get me a hit of that He-3 y'all are drinkin'!

:tu:

News update from the Moon !

Today we have perfect weather on the surface a bit dry and very hot in the Sun light ! But the clifs doo offer some relief .

These new suits that Mid had designed are the Bomb ! You can run,jump bend thru all movment extreem`s and even see out of the helmut quite well !

We are joining up with a team of our security guys near by a possible Alien base thats been talked about for years back home.

I`ll try to sneek out some live video clips and text updates. This should be great! To see where Aliens actually Landed back in 1969 I here there are still pieces of there craft left near by ?

I`ll get with Mid on this when he wakes up ! I hear he and SAL had quite the night in the SOFA room!

THe Dancing and chowing down thats already been going on this trip should be record breaking in the consumption levels!

"HOld it " "D" to Home plate !come in ! COme in !

We have movement ! THeres something walking towards our team !

: Squelch 911 "D" over !

"THis is "D" ,we need back up NOW !! there is Life on This Rock ! Over !

!#&@$ % ______ _____ ----------- ---- Silence

News update from the Moon !

Today we have perfect weather on the surface a bit dry and very hot in the Sun light ! But the clifs doo offer some relief .

These new suits that Mid had designed are the Bomb ! You can run,jump bend thru all movment extreem`s and even see out of the helmut quite well !

We are joining up with a team of our security guys near by a possible Alien base thats been talked about for years back home.

I`ll try to sneek out some live video clips and text updates. This should be great! To see where Aliens actually Landed back in 1969 I here there are still pieces of there craft left near by ?

I`ll get with Mid on this when he wakes up ! I hear he and SAL had quite the night in the SOFA room!

THe Dancing and chowing down thats already been going on this trip should be record breaking in the consumption levels!

"HOld it " "D" to Home plate !come in ! COme in !

We have movement ! THeres something walking towards our team !

: Squelch 911 "D" over !

"THis is "D" ,we need back up NOW !! there is Life on This Rock ! Over !

!#&@$ % ______ _____ ----------- ---- Silence

You want to get a Shuttle run to the Apollo 11 site???

Edited by MID

You want to get a Shuttle run to the Apollo 11 site???

Im all in on that Offer ! Lets Kick the Tires,and Light the Fires ! :tu:

post-68971-0-64682700-1318125250_thumb.j

APOLLO 11 LANDING SITE TOUR

Generated by Sal 10000, 10-9-11/0620 PDT

SAL: Mid asked me to brief those of you who are interested and sober enough (!) on D's requested Apollo 11 landing site tour. Mid is pleased to offer two such tours starting this afternoon , the first one beginning at 11:00 hours, the second, at 16:00 hours.

Our Shuttles will take 1 hour and 20 minutes to traverse the roughly 450 miles between us and the Apollo 11 site.

The shuttles will depart from the area aft of the loading ramp, will ascend to an altitude of 8,000 feet, and then proceed at a high rate of speed out over the Appenines, and the Caucusus mountain range, which will prove a spectacular site. We'll then turn more southeast and head out over the northeastern part of the Sea of Vapors, and into the nourthwest part of the Sea of Tranquility.

We'll then descend to 1000 feet and gradually lower as we pass directly over the Surveyor 5 landing site, which is only about 15 miles due north of the Apollo 11 site. We'll then arrive at Tranquility Base, and touch down softly outside of the perimeter of the area. There'll be a quick brunch served aboard the first shuttle trip, and then, D will begin a tour of where the actual "Aliens" landed on the Moon 42 years ago.

NOTICE: PHOTOS and VIDEOS PERMITTED. Moon rocks permitted outside of 300 feet from the LM's location.

Boarding of Trip 1 10:40

Launch 11:00

Arrival at AS-11 12:10

Departure 15:00

Arrival at Sweetie 16:10

Boarding of trip 2: 17:10

Departure: 17:30

Arrival at AS-11: 18:45

Departure: 21:00

Arrival at Sweetie: 22:15

MID says, and I agree, that this is going to be a spectacle, as we'll be flying over the most rugged terrain on the Moon. He was joking with me last night while looking at the trajectory, and said, "If there's aliens here, we'z gonna find 'em!"

To the site, later this morning!

4124273186_95d907d7da_o.jpg

We'll be landing just below the lower border of this picture...

Well the First Tour Master ,extrodinare Mid has done us all Good ! ANd we didnt even have to Listen to Hank Williams Jr. sing " Are you ready for so Moon ball "

We did touch down at the Apollo 11 site long enough to gather up some of the artifacts to bring back to our Newley planned Moon-eaum Im building in Texas ! Its will feature the Lower Desent stage of the LM and a Rover, a few very important Alien Artifacts to be announced latter !

And the Best thing ever THe Fully equipped B.B.Q Shop were leaving there to draw others to the Moon on later missions !

Mid did a wonderful job draggin all this stuff back to Sweetie without a dent one !

Now to finger out how to fit it all into our Ship !

Well Eat up the Dinner mess call is but a few hours away ! ANd tonight Were going all out with a Texas B.B.Q and Strip-Poker Party ! Bee there or Be Square ! :tu:

12:42 PDT

9 OCT 11

Amazing how much it looks like it did 42 years ago...

5892.jpg

5899.jpg

And no, we're not taking the plaque back with us!

5907.jpg

Wonder of that camera could still be made to work?!

5934.jpg

That little crater (Little West) that Neil Armstrong strode over to and photographed...

5955.jpg

And walking over south of the LM...We find the Passive Seismometer looking pristine!

5953.jpg

And before we leave, it's something to consider this...

5877.jpg

...and contemplate the fact that 40 years later, the foot that made this impression on the lunar surface would be "Dancing With The Stars" back here on Earth!

:w00t: