Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Twilight" Sequel Sets New Opening-Day Record

behaviour???

The Twilight Saga: New Moon" smashed the record for a single-day opening at the North American box office, and was on track to score one of the biggest weekend tallies of all time, according to preliminary data issued on Saturday.

The vampire romance sequel earned $72.7 million across the United States and Canada on Friday, a figure that includes record-breaking midnight sales of $26.3 million, said the film's closely held distributor Summit Entertainment.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Thanks

B???

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Rosewin

• Stormcrow

• Queen in the North

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks

B???

Yea...:sleepy: Like people have nothing better to do than go waste their money on movies about pretty-boy,sparkly vampires.Aye...makes me sick...

as a True Blood fan .... I felt that Twilight would be too young for me, but after I watched it on DVD I actaully liked it and want to see New Moon....

as a True Blood fan .... I felt that Twilight would be too young for me, but after I watched it on DVD I actaully liked it and want to see New Moon....

True Blood is seriously the best damn thing on television at the moment. :tu:

I went to watch New Moon last night, and well, you can't knock what you've not seen :w00t:

Yes I can.

I can knock what I haven't seen because there isn't a prepubescent or teenage girl in this country who isn't shrieking the entire plot of the book/movie into their cell phone, I can only assume while the prepubescent/teenage girl on the other phone is doing the same thing in return.

I didn't want to know. I didn't need to know. Thank you very much, fast food place full of teenage girls yelling the plot at each other over cellphone.

I know enough about Twilight to worry about America when a weaksauce story like that sets opening day records.

As the ONE cynical/annoyed teenage girl I've heard commenting on Twilight said, "Hey look, Twilight. The idea so bad not even werewolves could make it better."

Yes I can.

I can knock what I haven't seen because there isn't a prepubescent or teenage girl in this country who isn't shrieking the entire plot of the book/movie into their cell phone, I can only assume while the prepubescent/teenage girl on the other phone is doing the same thing in return.

I didn't want to know. I didn't need to know. Thank you very much, fast food place full of teenage girls yelling the plot at each other over cellphone.

I know enough about Twilight to worry about America when a weaksauce story like that sets opening day records.

As the ONE cynical/annoyed teenage girl I've heard commenting on Twilight said, "Hey look, Twilight. The idea so bad not even werewolves could make it better."

Hey. I am a teenage girl, and I do not like Twilight. I certainly haven't shrieked the plot down my phone to anyone.

While I'm not going to go as far as saying your statement is a sweeping generalisation (mainly because it's TRUE), don't tar us all with that fanbrat brush, mmkay? :cry:

So did I. Could have had something to do with the surgery, but I'm perfectly willing to blame Twilight.

Hey. I am a teenage girl, and I do not like Twilight. I certainly haven't shrieked the plot down my phone to anyone.

While I'm not going to go as far as saying your statement is a sweeping generalisation (mainly because it's TRUE), don't tar us all with that fanbrat brush, mmkay? :cry:

If the tar doesn't apply to you, then it won't stick.

That's the trouble with sweeping generalizations - they're even worse when they're true as opposed to being lies and slander. >_>

Edited by Drago

The newest sign of the endtimes

I only hope it ends quickly...

I'm disappointed in you Sheri!

Twilight was the worst film I have seen in my life, the plot is near none existent, the protagonist has no personality, 1 facial expression and isn't even attractive to make up for it. Bella is superficial, unpleasant and an idiot who is unfriendly to everyone to fawn over a stalker style vampire boyfriend.

Its horrifically bad fan fiction.

I think I'll repeat what I said in the other New Moon thread in the Movies forum.

This is a quote from Bella from the new film : "Maybe I shouldn't be dating a 109 year-old-man. Maybe I should be repulsed." No, you shouldn't, and yes, yes you should, respectively.

*bangs head repeatedly against wall*

"Maybe I shouldn't be dating a 109-year old predator of humans who views me as a potential food source. Maybe I should be frightened."

No, no you shouldn't, and yes, yes you should, respectively.

Oh, and let's not forget the lesson Bella teaches. It's totally okay to quit school because you think you're in love. It's totally okay to stalk the person who told you to go away, they don't want a relationship. It's totally okay to forcefully make yourself a part of someone's life when they've repeatedly told you to get out of it.

Yeah. Bella's a twisted, nigh-psychotic little wench. And 98% of America's maturing female population looks to her as the ultimate example of romance.

Then again we shouldn't be surprised. We've held Romeo and Juliet up as the height of romance for ages. Let's consider: A boy and a girl who barely know each other and have never spoken at length before are convinced they're in love, and contrive a scheme to run away from their families together. They get found out, the girl takes a nap, the idiot boy thinks she's dead and commits suicide over a girl he barely knew, the girl wakes up and sees him dead and commits suicide over a boy she barely knew.

Yes yes, very romantic.

this movie is for girls between 9 and 16 years old....who doesnt have a boyfriend...

Edited by JonathanVonErich

Oh, and let's not forget the lesson Bella teaches. It's totally okay to quit school because you think you're in love. It's totally okay to stalk the person who told you to go away, they don't want a relationship. It's totally okay to forcefully make yourself a part of someone's life when they've repeatedly told you to get out of it.

Yeah. Bella's a twisted, nigh-psychotic little wench. And 98% of America's maturing female population looks to her as the ultimate example of romance.

Then again we shouldn't be surprised. We've held Romeo and Juliet up as the height of romance for ages. Let's consider: A boy and a girl who barely know each other and have never spoken at length before are convinced they're in love, and contrive a scheme to run away from their families together. They get found out, the girl takes a nap, the idiot boy thinks she's dead and commits suicide over a girl he barely knew, the girl wakes up and sees him dead and commits suicide over a boy she barely knew.

Yes yes, very romantic.

Precisely. And the rest of the books teach that girls should get married fresh out of high school and have babies.

Twilight poses more of a threat than R+J, though (imo) because while R+J is looked on as romantic, it isn't contemporary and is more difficult to apply to everyday life. Although... West Side Story, anyone? But either way. Bella is meant to be the heroine of the story, when she actually teaches a whole bunch of crap to an audience at an impressionable age. Heroine's are supposed to make the right decisions in the end.

It's okay if your 'boyfriend' is possessive and stalkery, it's okay for him to sneak into your house and watch you sleep every night for months, it's okay to give up the rest of your social life so you can spend time with him, who by the way is dangerous and any normal person would stay the hell away.

it's so fake....the gang of werewolfes who are shaped like greek gods, with the 6 packs etc.....come on !!!

You're just jealous! :P

this movie is for girls between 9 and 16 years old....who doesnt have a boyfriend...

And let's not forget those who don't have the ability to realize that vampires are not you huggable, pretty-boy 'drool over' types...Ugh...Next thing you know we'll have a movie about a pretty bigfoot...:blink:

You're just jealous! :P

HaHaHa this is the best joke of the day....took me 20 minutes to write this post, I've laugh so much....

The best thing we can do is pray for them. Pray that they are crushed, slowly; so that they can realize the error of their ways. And then grow up to be hardened, wizened young women with a mind of their own.

The dreadful thing is, most people who DO like Twilight are either in a relationship or are married.

That's scary. And horrible. And I feel bad for their BFs/husbands.

The dreadful thing is, most people who DO like Twilight are either in a relationship or are married.

That's scary. And horrible. And I feel bad for their BFs/husbands.

No ! it can'T be !damn i hate vampires....the kind of vampires in this movie....and again....the werewolfes with 6 packs....come on !! Give us a break !!

I am a girl, and ****ing hate it. It a disgrace to writers everywhere. Its also a disgrace to women. Bella is a ****ing moron, and likes to be stalked by her boy friend. The sparkling Vampire sounds more like the writer got Pixies messed up with Vampires. :angry2:

Edited by Ryinrea

I'm disappointed in you Sheri!

Twilight was the worst film I have seen in my life, the plot is near none existent, the protagonist has no personality, 1 facial expression and isn't even attractive to make up for it. Bella is superficial, unpleasant and an idiot who is unfriendly to everyone to fawn over a stalker style vampire boyfriend.

Its horrifically bad fan fiction.

It is actually an horrifically written bad novel written by Ms Stephanie Meyers, that was made in to a movie.