Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Twilight" Sequel Sets New Opening-Day Record

behaviour???

I am a girl, and ****ing hate it. It a disgrace to writers everywhere. Its also a disgrace to women.

Amen to this. The two largest reasons I cannot put up with Twilight and 99% of the fans. The writing sucks ****, and apparently women have to regress to the image we were confined to in the 1920s. I could go on and on about it, but I'm so tired I just want to headdesk myself to sleep.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Rosewin

• Stormcrow

• Queen in the North

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, Twilight... Twilight... Twilight!

I generally accept Twilight for what it is; Stephanie Meyer's wish-fulfillment fantasy in book/movie format. If you realize that it's just this over the top Mary-Sue story (on steroids) then it's pretty harmless... as long as you're not a pre-teen girl who wants an ideal role model. I think it's very unfortunate that a lot of young ladies are treating Bella like a role model because she's not a very good one.

I haven't seen the new movie, nor do I ever intend to see it. I personally consider Twilight to be a poorly written mess and I can't imagine the sequel being any better.

True Blood is seriously the best damn thing on television at the moment. :tu:

Bill on Edward: "He's a p****! He's the Slim-Fast, Diet Coke of vampires."

:D

Hehe, give me Eric anytime ;)

I went to watch New Moon last night, and well, you can't knock what you've not seen :w00t:

The reason I read the books...

One of my friends would quite like to go so I might too, hey, there'll be popcorn and pick and mix. If nothing else I can secretly mock Bella.

It's okay if your 'boyfriend' is possessive and stalkery, it's okay for him to sneak into your house and watch you sleep every night for months...

....takes the battery out of your car to prevent you from seeing your friends....

This is a quote from Bella from the new film : "Maybe I shouldn't be dating a 109 year-old-man. Maybe I should be repulsed." No, you shouldn't, and yes, yes you should, respectively.

To be fair the same could be said for Buffy and I never objected to that, probably because she's not such a horrible little push-over.

And on that note, I know I posted it before somewhere but it's just too good to let anyone miss out on it:

Hah! That's brilliant! At least True Blood vampires have proper fangs.

....takes the battery out of your car to prevent you from seeing your friends....

Read any of Midnight Sun? Now that's scary.

Oh and that vid is FTW. :D

I really don't get all the hype over this series. I saw the first movie and I honestly didn't think it was that bad (apart from the awful acting of course) I've seen worse films. A friend convinced me to read New Moon. Bella has no personality or interests. She just constantly obsesses over Edward(a glitterly, controlling vamp who also has no personality) The only characters I sort of liked were Jacob and Alice.

I read parts of Breaking Dawn(the last book) purely for the lulz. I don't know how they're going to turn that crapfest into a film :blink:

I kind of feel bad for Rob Pattinson because he can't go anywhere without being followed by a mob of psychotic fangirls. I don't think he or Kristen Stewart read the series before signing up for the movies.

This is an actual quote from Rob, "When you read the [Twilight series], it’s like saying ‘Edward Cullen is so beautiful I creamed myself’. I mean every line is like that. He’s the most ridiculous person who’s so amazing at everything.I think a lot of actors tried to play that aspect. I just couldn’t do it. And the more I read the script, the more I hated this guy, so that’s how I played him, as a manic-depressive who hates himself. Plus, he’s a 108 year-old virgin, so there’s clearly some issues there.” :lol:

As if I needed another reason to doubt humanity's ability to....... anything. Just anything!

Hi-larious! Really well cut together. And having a glimpse of what the Twilight movies would be from that... ugh. Bad bad bad. Every 'intense' gag in Hollywood.

Also, man I miss Seth Green as Oz :cry:

Read any of Midnight Sun? Now that's scary.

Sadly yes :unsure2:

The only characters I sort of liked were Jacob and Alice.

I read parts of Breaking Dawn(the last book) purely for the lulz. I don't know how they're going to turn that crapfest into a film :blink:

I would agreed Alice was sort of likeable.

I kind of feel bad for Rob Pattinson because he can't go anywhere without being followed by a mob of psychotic fangirls. I don't think he or Kristen Stewart read the series before signing up for the movies.

This is an actual quote from Rob, "When you read the [Twilight series], it’s like saying ‘Edward Cullen is so beautiful I creamed myself’. I mean every line is like that. He’s the most ridiculous person who’s so amazing at everything.I think a lot of actors tried to play that aspect. I just couldn’t do it. And the more I read the script, the more I hated this guy, so that’s how I played him, as a manic-depressive who hates himself. Plus, he’s a 108 year-old virgin, so there’s clearly some issues there.” :lol:

LOVE the quote, I did hear he was not very impressed with Edward and thought he was a bit of psychopath...

It's true though, Stephanie Meyer would have saved us all a lot of pain and a hell of a lot of trees if she had just written EDWARD IS SO EFFING HOT! The End.

Pretty much sums up the plot.

Edited by Cetacea

Sadly yes :unsure2:

I would agreed Alice was sort of likeable.

LOVE the quote, I did hear he was not very impressed with Edward and thought he was a bit of psychopath...

It's true though, Stephanie Meyer would have saved us all a lot of pain and a hell of a lot of trees if she had just written EDWARD IS SO EFFING HOT! The End.

Pretty much sums up the plot.

AYE.

Trying to find the exact quote which I found so creepy in Midnight Sun.

AYE.

Trying to find the exact quote which I found so creepy in Midnight Sun.

Only one? :P

For those who aren't familiar with Twilight - Knock yourself out - probably won't last long.

Oh and I do have to admit that New Moon was done better. Musical score was good, didn't sound like a mix tape yanked from some one's car. Visually better as well. MOST of the actors seemed more comfortable in their roles.

Kill Bella, movies will improve.

Nibs

Edit to add -

Oooh, Libs um I mean Storm! Maybe your quote is here. :P

Clicky on face.

Nibs

Edited by HerNibs

Question. Is there anything in those books that doesn't make someone go OMGWTF?

Question. Is there anything in those books that doesn't make someone go OMGWTF?

Well...................*thinking*.......................um................the ISBN number seems harmless.

Nibs

Well...................*thinking*.......................um................the ISBN number seems harmless.

Nibs

Technically, it's on the outside.

Technically, it's on the outside.

:P

Well, then I'm stumped.

Nibs

Monsters are not a joke, Bella.

Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 1, p.25

THEY ARE NOW THANKS TO YOU AND YOURS YOU !@#$ING !@#$ !@#$ !@#$ING !@#$!

Oh, I found one quote from Midnight Sun which is particularly paedophilic(? is that even a word?) Not the one I was thinking of though.

"Jessica and her classmates had no idea how lucky they were that none of them particularly appealed to me." :unsure2:

If you don't want to face the full length books but want to have a blow by blow account with running commentary and original quotations;

Dazzle me this, Mr. Vampire

Edited by Cetacea

Stephanie Mayer is the antichrist, the Terminator should have went back in time to kill her instead of John Conner.

she's a complete hack, who not only writes for 15 year old girls, but she writes like she IS a 15 year old girl. everything i have seen from her is choked full of emo bull that makes me want to puke.

the guy that owns the bookstore across the street from me, and i made a snide remark about a twilight book he had behind the counter (he also hates it), and he went on to tell me that a friend of his wife actually left her husband because he (yes this is a real ****ing quote, as pathetic as it is)"wasn't as romantic as edward." unbe****ingleavable! this is a woman in her mid-late 30's who is jealous of a FICTIONAL character in a book written for HIGHSCHOOL kids....

and on that ridiculous subject, does anyone else think it's a bit on the messed up side to see these 30+ women fawning over this edward douche..when he is a high school student? my gf just informed me that he was 17 when he was "turned", thus trapping him as a 17 year old. yeah, he may be 100 (or whatever, i've never read the drivel), but he is still eternally a 17 year old. am i the only one that sees that as a little bit wrong?

[/rant]

To me the only other movie thats worse than the new twilight movie, is either the first one or the dragonball movie. It's completely disgraceful and insulting to vampires and lycans(not werewolves), horrible acting as well as plot if it exists. i don't even know why its considered part horror. I know all this and i havn't even seen it, and i never will, basing all of this off of what dozens of people have told me and newspaper reviews. Its a movie targeting a bunch of horny preteen girls, suprisingly getting more than just them, and i just hope Stephanie Meyers gets bitten by a real vampire so hopefully becoming undead will at least give her a sense of direction into what a vampire actually is, not sparkles and cuddles.

"Maybe I shouldn't be dating a 109-year old predator of humans who views me as a potential food source. Maybe I should be frightened."

No, no you shouldn't, and yes, yes you should, respectively.

Oh, and let's not forget the lesson Bella teaches. It's totally okay to quit school because you think you're in love. It's totally okay to stalk the person who told you to go away, they don't want a relationship. It's totally okay to forcefully make yourself a part of someone's life when they've repeatedly told you to get out of it.

Yeah. Bella's a twisted, nigh-psychotic little wench. And 98% of America's maturing female population looks to her as the ultimate example of romance.

Then again we shouldn't be surprised. We've held Romeo and Juliet up as the height of romance for ages. Let's consider: A boy and a girl who barely know each other and have never spoken at length before are convinced they're in love, and contrive a scheme to run away from their families together. They get found out, the girl takes a nap, the idiot boy thinks she's dead and commits suicide over a girl he barely knew, the girl wakes up and sees him dead and commits suicide over a boy she barely knew.

Yes yes, very romantic.

Actually some still do consider Romeo and Juliet as the epitome of romance. The New Moon story is also loosley based on Romeo and Juliet. I would not want to be with a girl who would not want to die for me without me and vice verse. Yes, very romantic.

this movie is for girls between 9 and 16 years old....who doesnt have a boyfriend...

Are you saying all girls this age should have a boyfriend?

The best thing we can do is pray for them. Pray that they are crushed, slowly; so that they can realize the error of their ways. And then grow up to be hardened, wizened young women with a mind of their own.

The dreadful thing is, most people who DO like Twilight are either in a relationship or are married.

That's scary. And horrible. And I feel bad for their BFs/husbands.

My wife liked it too.

No ! it can'T be !damn i hate vampires....the kind of vampires in this movie....and again....the werewolfes with 6 packs....come on !! Give us a break !!

Haha still jealous. Do you even have a girlfriend?

I am a girl, and ****ing hate it. It a disgrace to writers everywhere. Its also a disgrace to women. Bella is a ****ing moron, and likes to be stalked by her boy friend. The sparkling Vampire sounds more like the writer got Pixies messed up with Vampires. :angry2:

It would have been a nice story with pixies as well.

Amen to this. The two largest reasons I cannot put up with Twilight and 99% of the fans. The writing sucks ****, and apparently women have to regress to the image we were confined to in the 1920s. I could go on and on about it, but I'm so tired I just want to headdesk myself to sleep.

I find old fashioned girls, especially that dress in dresses and nice femine clothes (fashionable pants and nicely cut blouses), quite appealing. A dying breed for sure, sadly.

Modern, independent women are fine too if they realize they do not have to lose their womanly charms and grace. Dressing like a guy and worse, acting like one, is sad.

The 1920's had the flappers who were quite modern, and hawt too.

The reason I read the books...

One of my friends would quite like to go so I might too, hey, there'll be popcorn and pick and mix. If nothing else I can secretly mock Bella.

To be fair the same could be said for Buffy and I never objected to that, probably because she's not such a horrible little push-over.

And on that note, I know I posted it before somewhere but it's just too good to let anyone miss out on it:

The link was lollable.

I really don't get all the hype over this series. I saw the first movie and I honestly didn't think it was that bad (apart from the awful acting of course) I've seen worse films. A friend convinced me to read New Moon. Bella has no personality or interests. She just constantly obsesses over Edward(a glitterly, controlling vamp who also has no personality) The only characters I sort of liked were Jacob and Alice.

That is a good quote and you can tell this was his acting technique for the first film. In the second he has more personality.

Only one? :P

For those who aren't familiar with Twilight - Knock yourself out - probably won't last long.

Oh and I do have to admit that New Moon was done better. Musical score was good, didn't sound like a mix tape yanked from some one's car. Visually better as well. MOST of the actors seemed more comfortable in their roles.

Kill Bella, movies will improve.

Nibs

Edit to add -

Oooh, Libs um I mean Storm! Maybe your quote is here. :P

Clicky on face.

Nibs

Agreeing with the part in bold. I was worried that with a new director it would not be as good. The first one is still the first one so not sure this is better but it was for a few reasons.

Stephanie Mayer is the antichrist, the Terminator should have went back in time to kill her instead of John Conner.

she's a complete hack, who not only writes for 15 year old girls, but she writes like she IS a 15 year old girl. everything i have seen from her is choked full of emo bull that makes me want to puke.

the guy that owns the bookstore across the street from me, and i made a snide remark about a twilight book he had behind the counter (he also hates it), and he went on to tell me that a friend of his wife actually left her husband because he (yes this is a real ****ing quote, as pathetic as it is)"wasn't as romantic as edward." unbe****ingleavable! this is a woman in her mid-late 30's who is jealous of a FICTIONAL character in a book written for HIGHSCHOOL kids....

and on that ridiculous subject, does anyone else think it's a bit on the messed up side to see these 30+ women fawning over this edward douche..when he is a high school student? my gf just informed me that he was 17 when he was "turned", thus trapping him as a 17 year old. yeah, he may be 100 (or whatever, i've never read the drivel), but he is still eternally a 17 year old. am i the only one that sees that as a little bit wrong?

[/rant]

If someone left their significant other over a movie because they felt it lacked romance then sadly this is only a reflection of that relationship. You cannot blame a simple movie that somehow makes you snap to the fact that your relationship is crap.

To me the only other movie thats worse than the new twilight movie, is either the first one or the dragonball movie. It's completely disgraceful and insulting to vampires and lycans(not werewolves), horrible acting as well as plot if it exists. i don't even know why its considered part horror. I know all this and i havn't even seen it, and i never will, basing all of this off of what dozens of people have told me and newspaper reviews. Its a movie targeting a bunch of horny preteen girls, suprisingly getting more than just them, and i just hope Stephanie Meyers gets bitten by a real vampire so hopefully becoming undead will at least give her a sense of direction into what a vampire actually is, not sparkles and cuddles.

It is not horror but fantasy (think elves) and romance.

Edited by Rosewin

i just hope Stephanie Meyers gets bitten by a real vampire so hopefully becoming undead will at least give her a sense of direction into what a vampire actually is, not sparkles and cuddles.

In the words of S. Meyer, it is about life, not death, and love, not lust. I kind of like these vampires better than any others before.

In the words of S. Meyer, it is about life, not death, and love, not lust. I kind of like these vampires better than any others before.

I think it is more about S. Meyers abuse of the written word, inability to produce and well a real plot or a remotely likeable, developed character.

I think it is more about S. Meyers abuse of the written word, inability to produce and well a real plot or a remotely likeable, developed character.

You'll never be able to convince Rosewin it's not about the magic of romance.

You'll never be able to convince Rosewin it's not about the magic of romance.

Its not romance though, it is unhealthy obsession and lust.

Its not romance though, it is unhealthy obsession and lust.

And I agree wholeheartedly. There's nothing romantic about it.