Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Twilight" Sequel Sets New Opening-Day Record

behaviour???

'Ringing any Bellas?' is kinda cute but not something I would choose to end a point I was trying to make if I was approaching it with any true seriousness.

Edited by Rosewin

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Rosewin

• Stormcrow

• Queen in the North

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the fact you are going to use your sister to hate on Twilight is not going to convince me of anything. The way you ended it with 'Ringing any Bellas?' after the horrible ordeal your sister went through in real life causes me to further dismiss your concern towards either her or the movie.

I see. So your reply is to avoid the points being presented and turn it into an attempted insult by insinuating that I don't care for my sister.

Which is really no reply at all.

I presented two points. I await a proper response to them.

'Ringing any Bellas?' is kinda cute but not something I would choose to end a point I was trying to make if I was approaching it with any true seriousness.

It's called 'driving the point home'. In this case, drawing a direct line between my sister's behavior and Bella's behavior, indicating that the most realistic outcome of any Bella/Edward relationship in real life is going to be isolation and abuse. Not the romantic heights these children watching and reading are now ingraining into their mind.

I think I would rather just discuss the positive aspects of the movie now. I assure you I have already addressed your points either before or after your post and do not wish to touch any of them more than briefly. If you were reffering to your last two questions, about a hypothetical daughter, and your sister, no, I am not going to touch either of those.

If anyone else wants to discuss the movie itself, scenes, background info, etc....feel free too. If not continue the hatred without me.

Edited by Rosewin

There are positive aspects to it? I think Hell just froze over.

Well to be fair the bit about the Natives interaction with the vampires was interesting in the first film. They should have focused on that instead of all the emo crap.

Well to be fair the bit about the Natives interaction with the vampires was interesting in the first film. They should have focused on that instead of all the emo crap.

So that is 2 mins in 2hrs then!

I want my 118 minutes back!

Eh,see...even that...not so good.

The Native Americans are portrayed as beasts. Savage. Heck, I don't think SM has any of them wearing anything other than shorts or some crap through most of the books. Vampires, cool, live forever, beautiful vs Wolves - animals, smell bad, uncontrollable, etc.

Yeah. Let's hear it for racism.

History of Mormons and Native Americans

Nibs

Edit to add - I always thought that if they killed off the main three characters the books would be much better.

Edit to add again - Corp - didn't mean to imply that YOU were racist. :) I find racism in the book.

Edited by HerNibs

Eh,see...even that...not so good.

The Native Americans are portrayed as beasts. Savage. Heck, I don't think SM has any of them wearing anything other than shorts or some crap through most of the books. Vampires, cool, live forever, beautiful vs Wolves - animals, smell bad, uncontrollable, etc.

IIRC, after they start fursploding transforming into wolves, they can't wear anything except just shorts because they'd overheat otherwise. In the Pacific Northwest. *coughs*

IIRC, after they start fursploding transforming into wolves, they can't wear anything except just shorts because they'd overheat otherwise. In the Pacific Northwest. *coughs*

LOL. Yeah, it was some kind of bs like that. Didn't the carry around extra shorts as well?

Freaking uptight fundamentalist mormon repression.

Jeesh.

:P

Nibs

Edited by HerNibs

LOL. Yeah, it was some kind of bs like that. Didn't the carry around extra shorts as well?

Freaking uptight fundamentalist mormon repression.

Jeesh.

Nibs

Oh yesh! They carried extra pairs around in case they accidentally fursploded transformed, to protect their modesty when they become human again. :rolleyes:

Wow this Twilight seems really really bad. I am greatful for everyones warnings LOL

(Psst everyone... go along with me!)

Wow this Twilight seems really really bad. I am greatful for everyones warnings LOL

No, no thongy, you've got us wrong! Twilight is amazing, it's well worth your money! I think you should go see the new one ASAP!!

:unsure2:

Heh. I know a few guys who are taking or have taken their wives/girlfriends to the movies for um...well...umm...romantic interests?

My daughter and I are going on Saturday afternoon. She's freaking hysterical. Hates Twilight movies/books but does want to keep Robert Pattinson in her closet to play with at her leisure. (her exact words)

:)

Nibs

(Psst everyone... go along with me!)

No, no thongy, you've got us wrong! Twilight is amazing, it's well worth your money! I think you should go see the new one ASAP!!

:unsure2:

Yeah ST!! Vapmpires!! Werewolves!!

It's a guy movie.

:innocent:

Nibs

My daughter and I are going on Saturday afternoon. She's freaking hysterical. Hates Twilight movies/books but does want to keep Robert Pattinson in her closet to play with at her leisure. (her exact words)

:)

Nibs

:lol: Except me and one of my friends (one who can look at things objectively, and has never uttered the words "OMG SPARKLES") have reached a general consensus that Robert Pattinson is just plain unattractive in New Moon. Too much glaring and looking like he hasn't showered. :yes:

:lol: Except me and one of my friends (one who can look at things objectively, and has never uttered the words "OMG SPARKLES") have reached a general consensus that Robert Pattinson is just plain unattractive in New Moon. Too much glaring and looking like he hasn't showered. :yes:

LOL. She's not thrilled with him in New Moon or Twilight at all.

Well, it's very odd...she likes the accent and that he's...well, NOT buff and that his abs are spraypainted on.

She says she likes chubby boys. LOL.

Like I said, my daughter is strange.

Nibs

LOL. She's not thrilled with him in New Moon or Twilight at all.

Well, it's very odd...she likes the accent and that he's...well, NOT buff and that his abs are spraypainted on.

She says she likes chubby boys. LOL.

Like I said, my daughter is strange.

Nibs

To veer completely OT, have you seen The Bad Mother's Handbook? He's in that, and well... :rofl:

And to come slightly back to the topic in question, did I mention how often the audience at the viewing of New Moon I went to went "*gasp* OMG" every time one of the Quileutes came on screen? :rolleyes: Then when Jacob took his shirt off, you couldn't even hear what he was saying there were that many screeches... *headdesk*

You guys I mean gals are bad bad bad LOL I was almost talked into watching the first one one the weekend. My friend has a burned copy and I came this close to saying yes this <--> close I tell ya LOL. A guys movie oh man when a girl says it's a gays movie my Spook ears perk up LOL

To veer completely OT, have you seen The Bad Mother's Handbook? He's in that, and well... :rofl:

And to come slightly back to the topic in question, did I mention how often the audience at the viewing of New Moon I went to went "*gasp* OMG" every time one of the Quileutes came on screen? :rolleyes: Then when Jacob took his shirt off, you couldn't even hear what he was saying there were that many screeches... *headdesk*

Yeah. We went through that as well. WOMEN MY FREAKING AGE were gasping, clapping, ooohing and ahhing when Jacob took off his shirt. Bunch of pedo's. :rolleyes:

There was a young girl, about 12-13 sitting a couple of seats away from us and she was SAYING THE WORDS ALONG WITH THE MOVIE!! We saw it Saturday morning. How the HELL did she know all the words!

Nibs

Yeah. We went through that as well. WOMEN MY FREAKING AGE were gasping, clapping, ooohing and ahhing when Jacob took off his shirt. Bunch of pedo's. :rolleyes:

There was a young girl, about 12-13 sitting a couple of seats away from us and she was SAYING THE WORDS ALONG WITH THE MOVIE!! We saw it Saturday morning. How the HELL did she know all the words!

Nibs

*eyeroll* The dude is 17!

And she probably went to the same time showing as me on the Friday night, then recorded it on her phone and stayed up all night learning it by heart.

Wouldn't even surprise me.