Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Twilight" Sequel Sets New Opening-Day Record

behaviour???

Why Breaking Dawn should be made into a movie :rofl:

The writer of this article sums up Breaking Dawn (the last book in the series) perfectly. And I agree with him. I want the pile of crap turned into a movie..it's going to be hilarious

Normally, I wouldn't have read the article, but I am so glad I did. I haven't laughed that hard in freaking DAYS.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Rosewin

• Stormcrow

• Queen in the North

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they actually do make the fourth movie, and completely true to the book, I will go see it.

AYE.

I want to see how they handle that particular train wreck.

The writer of this article sums up Breaking Dawn (the last book in the series) perfectly. And I agree with him. I want the pile of crap turned into a movie..it's going to be hilarious

I completely agree with him. I only have one suggestion. I say they get John Waters (in full Pink Flamingo style) in there WITH David Cronenberg. . .OMG, that's just directorial genius right there. Just imagine the possibilities. . .They could just turn it into a masterpiece, I swear. I wouldn't just go see it, I would actually buy it when it came out on dvd.

PS- With David Lynch as a consultant.

Edited by theGhost_and_theDarkness

I completely agree with him. I only have one suggestion. I say they get John Waters (in full Pink Flamingo style) in there WITH David Cronenberg. . .OMG, that's just directorial genius right there. Just imagine the possibilities. . .They could just turn it into a masterpiece, I swear. I wouldn't just go see it, I would actually buy it when it came out on dvd.

PS- With David Lynch as a consultant.

This. Would. Rock.

Stephanie Meyers would have a melt down and block anything they brought to the table.

Nibs

Inner Monologue of a Twilight Fan

November 30th, 2009 | 04:00 pm

I am so ready to see Twilight: New Moon! This is the most exciting night of my entire life! I've been anxiously awaiting this movie since the first one came out an entire year ago. It's been torture, but tonight I'll finally be redeemed. I've got my hair dyed and unevenly cut perfectly, and my plain black t-shirt and checkered slip-on vans are looking super-cool.

I can't believe how wrong I was about vampires before. I used to think that vampires were these pale, charismatic, immortal eastern-european royalty who can only come out at night because sunlight kills them, but Twilight proves all of that wrong. That's because it was written by a Mormon tax auditor from Gilbert, Arizona who has never seen a vampire movie, and had never even written a short story before she wrote Twilight, so she's got a fresh take on the oldest, most classic monster is folklore history. She doesn't have to play by the rules, or follow them, or subscribe to pre-established, centuries-old constructs in any way.

Plus, I got my tickets four days ago, and I'm here 3 hours early, just to make sure I get a seat right in the middle of the theater, so that when Robert Pattison looks at the camera he'll be staring right into my eyes. I don't have to wait in line for popcorn or candy or anything, because I've recently decided to be anorexic, to ensure that I'll be the first one in the theater and I'll get the perfect seat. My mom's still gonna have to sit in the front, though, with all the other moms.

I feel so inspired by Twilight. I think I'm going to write a Frankenstein novel, except that instead of being a creature created in a laboratory by a mad scientist using parts of corpses dug up from a graveyard and brought to life through the electricity from a lightning strike, my Frankenstein is going to be a skinny, angsty teenager who falls in love with an awkward, over-emotional girl who's just like me, but not nearly as lonely. Also, Frankenstein won't be dead. He'll be just a normal hot guy. It shouldn't be too hard to write, because it's just an average, melodramatic high school love story, except with a supernatural spin that doesn't quit fit, just to make it easily marketable. I'll have to become a mormon, though. That sucks, but it's a small price to pay for fame and fortune.

Oh, man. How sweet would it be if I got my period during the movie tonight?! That would be so epic. Bleeding out of my vagina during New Moon would make me the most popular girl in junior high! I bet I can will that to happen. I'm gonna try really hard. I wish I knew how to push with my vagina, like those ladies who can shoot pingpong balls with their junk and stuff. That's probably what you have to do to induce a period during a vampire movie. I should've been practicing for the past year. Maybe I can just find some ketchup or something and fake it. I'll just have to make sure that nobody finds out I faked it, though. Otherwise, they'll think I'm weird. Speaking of weird, what's up with the creepy dude at the back of the line?

He's kind of weirding me out. He looks way to happy standing in a line of pre-teen girls. He's all pasty and pale. And what's up with those weird clothes? He looks like some kind of...vampire. Oh my god. I think that guy's a vampire. And he's looking right at me. He's pulling me in with his seductive vampire eyes. I'm powerless to resist. His smile, which I previously interpreted as being very creepy, must actually be very romantic and supernatural. I think he's chosen me to be his soulmate! Oh my god, this is so exciting. I can't believe this is happening. I can't believe he chose me! I'm the most awkward girl here!

Oh, he's beckoning me to his seemingly creepy vampire van in the parking lot. I have to follow him. I don't want to disappoint him. He is, after all, a vampire, just like the hot vampire in Twilight. I just hope that he'll induct me into his elite fraternity of immortals. Then we can be together forever. This is the best night of my life!

http://www.holytaco.com/inner-monologue-twilight-fan

Edited by Sweetpumper

This. Would. Rock.

Stephanie Meyers would have a melt down and block anything they brought to the table.

Nibs

Yeah she would! Man, if I had money, I would totally hire them to do an indie parody of it. Just enough parody so no one got sued. It'd probably represent the books better than the "real" movies ever would.

Its ok Nibs. . .I have director connections. . .I'll send the letters to them and then sit back and wait for them to jump on it like hungry dogs. I wouldn't be surprised if the projectors in the theaters just broke because of its pure cinematic awesomeness. :tu:

And, sweetpumper, many lulz. The sad thing is that I've actually met people that really do think that way about these movies/books. In fact, I'm sure they've written entries in their Twilight journals that are eerily similar to the one in your post. :w00t:

Saw it the other day with two of my girlfriends....not too bad....

Dude, if I had two girlfriends (or multiple as your wording would imply) the last thing I would do is go to the movies...

Edited by Paul Noise

I agree, that one I will have to see, even if I don't go see the others. :D

I can see certain parallels to some other films with the whole birth thing and apparently others do to:

http://pics.livejournal.com/stoney321/pic/000w0bkt.gif (warning some people may be disturbed by this)

cough*aliens*cough

Just a short note on True Blood and morals of it... As previously mentioned, it's aimed at adults, so sex being a) all over TV anyhow and B) a normal part of adult life, it's hardly shocking that they do show it, although admittedly quite prolifically and explicitely. If someone has a problem with that, don't watch it.

True Blood is dark and twisted and it is well aware of it which is what makes it so interesting.

No matter some of the more graphic scenes, if you look at the underlying themes of thre relationship between Bill and Sookie, it's not portrayed as normal, easy, simple or indeed healthy. Especially in the books there is a feeling of ambivalence about the whole thing and whether it's normal or not. Sookie openly -and often heatedly- criticises and questions Bill, his motives and decisions. She actually stands up to him and does not accept his judgement without question, far from it. There is no slavish devotion to the godlike boyfriend who must be worshipped no matter what he does because he is just so incredibly attractive and perfect in every single way and SO superior to her in every single way. She, unlike Bella is a strong female character and her getting it on with him before they are married does not detract from that in any way in my opinion.

About Romeo and Juliet, there is a reason it is called The tragedy of Romeo and Juliet.

Anything you get to do with two girlfriends is always going to be...not too bad...

Too true, too true, too true. I retract my previous statement, and present you with this

win_button.jpg

I agree, that one I will have to see, even if I don't go see the others. :D

I can see certain parallels to some other films with the whole birth thing and apparently others do to:

http://pics.livejournal.com/stoney321/pic/000w0bkt.gif (warning some people may be disturbed by this)

cough*aliens*cough

Cetacea,

I want to put that gif on a t-shirt. :lol:

You also cannot deny how some people become totally irrational in both way over this. Some with love. Some with hate. I am starting to admit it is becoming nauseating...I am sure I can live with the love though =)

Tried posting this in the other thread but I fear it got quickly buried and will be neglected there so....

2qxt53k.jpg

I hope they make Christian Serratos look better in the next movie. By far she is the most attractive cast member of Twilight. Mmm who would you guys and gals vote for?

nzjf5g.jpg

Team Angela

Edited by Rosewin

I thought the girl who plays Alice is pretty.

Nibs

Alice-twilight-series-5059138-340-400.jpg

Edited by HerNibs

I thought the girl who plays Alice is pretty.

Nibs

:yes:

But my favourite is Emmett. *nod nod*

:yes:

But my favourite is Emmett. *nod nod*

This guy?

2596419.jpg

I think he looks much better as a blond.

Nibs

It is on the wire that Kellan Lutz who played Emmett adopted a stray dog that showed up at his door. It must be a slow news day.

This guy?

I think he looks much better as a blond.

Nibs

Eh, yeah. But not in that picture XD