Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Twilight" Sequel Sets New Opening-Day Record

behaviour???

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Rosewin

• Stormcrow

• Queen in the North

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess that would be you. :P

Nibs

I meant with something constructive. :P

As constructive as it will be possible to be with this.

I meant with something constructive. :P

As constructive as it will be possible to be with this.

Umm....ok, I'll try.

Now given that Twighlight HAS to be made -

Who would you have chosen for the leads?

Nibs

If Tom Cruise could build a time machine then a younger version of him and a younger version of Nicole Kidman.

That will ruin their reputation for me.

I don't think either of them are very good actors. Besides, Tom Cruise is already Lestat, who could take out Edward any ol' time.

(He's not a very good Lestat, though, so he might make a good Eddy-baby)

How about we discuss what could better the novels? I mean "constructively" speaking. Or is that just going down the same road...?

That could be constructive, if the angle was truly wanting to make it better, you know by those who do enjoy it and how they would enjoy it even more so, but most likely it will be divisive, with the angle being to just tear it down. I guess we shall see, maybe, but I wonder if you just want to see e-blood being shed.

Maybe we should have two threads, one for positive discussion, one for those who just want to trash it, surely that one would be more popular, but I am after pleasant conversation, which will not be afforded if the same group just wants to trash it, avoiding any actual progressive discussion, and ignoring any hopeful comments. Any ideas? And have you even read the books so have your own suggestion? Or just want to see people bash it?

It could be a good idea though and it is a good question.

I also think Tom is perfect since most people already hate him and Twilight and if anyone can build a time machine, I am sure he can. You also most likely are stating they are not good actors due to their celebrity personalities because Nicole Kidman is an excellent performance actress. Actually, they both are masters of their craft.

Also Prince William and Princess Charlotte Casiraghi would make an excellen Edward and Bella.

Edited by Rosewin

I don't understand, this film got 4.6 score on imdb and yet everyone is talking about it, why?

I haven't watched it as vampires is just not my thing...

I seriously think they should have gotten a new face for Bella. Considering how fadmad the country is about this thing, a new face would have not only kept people from complaining about not liking the actress beforehand, but could have been a potential career kickstart for someone new. Edward, well. His acting before Twilight was only technically acting. Cedric in Harry Potter was pretty much it, and he died after twenty minutes total screentime. :P

Rose, seriously, the 'two threads' idea is death to both. As long as this thing remains civil there is no reason why people who like it can't mix with people who don't. Splitting into two groups for seperate threads just means both stagnate and die, because discussion isn't discussion when it's comprised of "*Says something*" "I agree!" "So do I." You have to have differing views to keep a subject alive.

I recently caught the TV series "Vampire Diaries" and I think the two stars of that show would have been better as Bella and Edward, kinda. Lemme 'splain...

I find the characters of Bella and Edward flat, one dimensional with no ...um....*looking for word*...interesting or riveting reason for being.

So I don't think it really matters who gets the role for Edward and Bella because there is just NOTHING to work with in these characters.

RPatz does ok with it I guess but he went to Smeyers asking for more info on Edward. SMeyers then provided him with a book that is the twin to Twilight but from Eddies POV.

Bella has no POV. She's a tool.

Nibs

I would have to check it out to see their personalities HerNibs. Is it any good?

I seriously think they should have gotten a new face for Bella. Considering how fadmad the country is about this thing, a new face would have not only kept people from complaining about not liking the actress beforehand, but could have been a potential career kickstart for someone new. Edward, well. His acting before Twilight was only technically acting. Cedric in Harry Potter was pretty much it, and he died after twenty minutes total screentime. :P

Rose, seriously, the 'two threads' idea is death to both. As long as this thing remains civil there is no reason why people who like it can't mix with people who don't. Splitting into two groups for seperate threads just means both stagnate and die, because discussion isn't discussion when it's comprised of "*Says something*" "I agree!" "So do I." You have to have differing views to keep a subject alive.

A new face would have been interesting and a kick start for someone else would have been fair. They changed directors and such. I guess you are also right about remaining civil. Which movie does he die in? I have seen the first, do not remember much except them chasing each other on brooms, the second movie too maybe? Still I like to watch things where people die twenty minutes into it lol

Edited by Rosewin

I recently caught the TV series "Vampire Diaries" and I think the two stars of that show would have been better as Bella and Edward, kinda. Lemme 'splain...

I have seen a number of episodes from the series as well, and although it's quite teen I do think it's far superior to Twilight. Due to the similarities I did do some research and interestingly, the books the series is based on predate Twilight...wonder if that's where some of the inspiration came from....

PLUS the ace quotes of:

"What is it with that Bella chick, why is everyone so whipped?"

and

"How come you don't sparkle?"

"because I live in the real world where vampires burn in the sun."

I find the characters of Bella and Edward flat, one dimensional with no ...um....*looking for word*...interesting or riveting reason for being.

So I don't think it really matters who gets the role for Edward and Bella because there is just NOTHING to work with in these characters.

Nibs

I completely agree. No actor could have 'saved' these characters. You can't make something from nothing, especially if you have Smeyers giving you further restrictions. In order to save them the books need a complete re-write, maybe if it was given to Tim Burton to make over ....

Edited by Cetacea

I would have to check it out to see their personalities HerNibs. Is it any good?

It is similar to Twilight but with violence and sex. IMHO - it's what Twilight could have been with very little work. It's a typical CW show. Aimed towards the 20 somethings but it's ok.

I like the brother.

I have seen a number of episodes from the series as well, and although it's quite teen I do think it's far superior to Twilight. Due to the similarities I did do some research and interestingly, the books the series is based on predate Twilight...wonder if that's where some of the inspiration came from....

*LOL* I did the same thing. Watched a bit of it and wondered if the CW had created it to ride on the tails of Twilight but lo and behold...it was there first. If I believed SMeyers ever picked up the books I would guess that is where she got her "inspiration" but I think she is a bit too uptight to actually have read these.

I completely agree. No actor could have 'saved' these characters. You can't make something from nothing, especially if you have Smeyers giving you further restrictions. In order to save them the books need a complete re-write, maybe if it was given to Tim Burton to make over ....

*lol* Good idea. Tim Burton could put a wonderful spin on "sparkly vampires".

Nibs

It is similar to Twilight but with violence and sex. IMHO - it's what Twilight could have been with very little work. It's a typical CW show. Aimed towards the 20 somethings but it's ok.

I like the brother.

Mmmmmm :innocent:

Me too. Go Team Damon :D

It's not an epic work of literary achievment but it's enjoyable, at least the girl has some backbone and the vampires are not as wussy!

Edited by Cetacea

Mmmmmm :innocent:

Me too. Go Team Damon :D

It's not an epic work of literary achievment but it's enjoyable, at least the girl has some backbone and the vampires are not as wussy!

The differences in the characters between Twilight and Vampire Diaries is quite simple. The characters in VD have depth to their personalities.

You're right, it isn't any type of litereary achievment but it does give more of a reason to give a crap about what happens to the characters. :P

Damon quotes

The Episode:"Family Ties," originally aired Oct. 1

The Setup: Damon is reading Caroline's (Candice Accola) copy of "Twilight".

The Quip: “What’s so special about this Bella girl? Edward’s so whipped. I miss Anne Rice. She was so on it.”

The Episode: "The Lost Girls," originally aired Oct. 15

The Setup: Stefan (Paul Wesley) calls Damon, who is in the midst of cleaning up a few dead bodies in the woods, asking where he is.

The Quip: "I'm at the Sizzler. At the buffet."

The Episode: "Haunted," originally aired Oct. 29

The Setup: Stefan lectures newly turned vampire Vicki (Kayla Ewell) on making decisions as an undead. "We chose our own path," he says. "Our values and our actions, they define who we are."

The Quip: "Oooookay, Count Deepak."

The Episode: Same as above

The Setup: Stefan asks why Damon let Vicki leave the house.

The Quip: "She’s been cooped up in your room all day. She’s not Anne Frank.”

The Episode: "The Turning Point," originally aired Nov. 19

The Setup: Damon tries to convince Stefan to leave Mystic Falls with him.

The Quip: "But we’re a team. We could travel the world together. We could try out for 'The Amazing Race.'"

Nibs

Well the movie got knocked off its top spot by Princess and the Frog, falling to fourth place behind The Blind Side and Invictus.

*lol* Good.

BTW Corp - told daughter. She wanted to know if you were funny and could take a punch.

Nibs

R Pattinson and K Stewart are the top stars of 2009 according to IMDB. It is actually based on who their 57 million users have searched for the most. Johnny Depp was number one last year.

http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2010/starmeter

Ok. but being the number one doesn't mean they have skill. It means that "OMG HE IS SO HAWT I LURVE HIM" is still a popular mindset.

Nibs

It is just a fact Her Nibs, more along the lines of they are the most popular searched, they pique the interest of the masses more so than others. No need to quickly add it that 'being number one doesn't mean they have skill.' No one is screaming OMG it means they have skill, so no need...

Does everything you say have to be so negative and hateful? It ruins any decent conversation, you know. Remember what one says about something reveals more about them than on whatever they are commenting on.

Edited by Rosewin

It is just a fact Her Nibs, more along the lines of they are the most popular searched, they pique the interest of the masses more so than others.

Yup. I know. Popularity does not equal skill.

Nibs

*lol* Good.

BTW Corp - told daughter. She wanted to know if you were funny and could take a punch.

Nibs

Alright. Sorry Corp, but after that quote, I must throw my hat into the ring for Nibs Daughter affections. And Nibs, I am and I can.

RE: Rob Patterson and Kristin Stuart being number one searched names. They have become media darlings, yes. I feel bad for them.

Edited by Paul Noise

The differences in the characters between Twilight and Vampire Diaries is quite simple. The characters in VD have depth to their personalities.

:yes:

For a start Elena does not definer herself soley through her love to Stephan, does not tolerate anything he does without question and actually gives a crap about her friends and family....

And have you even read the books so have your own suggestion? Or just want to see people bash it?

I would have thought that would have been fairly obvious from the replies that most people had actually read the books or at least parts of them. I wouldn't be criticising them if I hadn't read them.

Saw the film, due to the hype around it and the declaration of hundreds of Twihards that the books were SO MUCH BETTER, I thought that maybe they had slaughtered it during the film making process, it wouldn't be the first time, so I decided to read the books.

I know I wasted hours of my life I won't get back plowing through them hoping it would get better at some point. I even read Midnight Sun for completeness sake as I personally believe there's not point in criticising something that you have no knowledge of. So yeah, for completeness sake and being able to have an informed rant which took potential saving graces into account, I did read the entire series.

Not that it made it any better, on the contrary i think the first film is an improvement on the book.....

Edited by Cetacea