Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Twilight" Sequel Sets New Opening-Day Record

behaviour???

It is just a fact Her Nibs, more along the lines of they are the most popular searched, they pique the interest of the masses more so than others. No need to quickly add it that 'being number one doesn't mean they have skill.' No one is screaming OMG it means they have skill, so no need...

Does everything you say have to be so negative and hateful? It ruins any decent conversation, you know. Remember what one says about something reveals more about them than on whatever they are commenting on.

*lol*

It my opinion. Deal with it and stop taking things to a personal level.

Nibs

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Rosewin

• Stormcrow

• Queen in the North

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:yes:

For a start Elena does not definer herself soley through her love to Stephan, does not tolerate anything he does without question and actually gives a crap about her friends and family....

Yeah, she doesn't put up with much. Calls him on things all the time. It's never "oh, he is so mysterious and strong, I'll just do what he says". Heck, she pushes Damon around.

I would have thought that would have been fairly obvious from the replies that most people had actually read the books or at least parts of them. I wouldn't be criticising them if I hadn't read them.

Saw the film, due to the hype around it and the declaration of hundreds of Twihards that the books were SO MUCH BETTER, I thought that maybe they had slaughtered it during the film making process, it wouldn't be the first time, so I decided to read the books.

I know I wasted hours of my life I won't get back plowing through them hoping it would get better at some point. I even read Midnight Sun for completeness sake as I personally believe there's not point in criticising something that you have no knowledge of. So yeah, for completeness sake and being able to have an informed rant, I did read the entire series.

Not that it made it any better, on the contrary i think the first film is an improvement on the book.....

Midnight Sun makes Edward even creepier.

Nibs

Yeah, she doesn't put up with much. Calls him on things all the time. It's never "oh, he is so mysterious and strong, I'll just do what he says". Heck, she pushes Damon around.

Midnight Sun makes Edward even creepier.

Nibs

Oh yes! :yes:

Alright. Sorry Corp, but after that quote, I must throw my hat into the ring for Nibs Daughter affections. And Nibs, I am and I can.

:D I'll let her know.

Nibs

Oh yes! :yes:

You know the general unsupported opinion is that RPatz leaked it to the intrawebs.

:rofl:

Nibs

:D I'll let her know.

Nibs

You know the general unsupported opinion is that RPatz leaked it to the intrawebs.

:rofl:

Nibs

I didn't know that but I could see it happening, he doesn't seem to like Edward much lol :lol:

Still hoping he will just go, right that's it I'm not putting up with this anymore and drops out somewhere mid-series :D It would be highly amusing.

I didn't know that but I could see it happening, he doesn't seem to like Edward much lol :lol:

Still hoping he will just go, right that's it I'm not putting up with this anymore and drops out somewhere mid-series :D It would be highly amusing.

If he does, he better do it before the "birth of the baby" in Breaking Dawn. That bit is just wayyyyy to much.

Nibs

RE: Rob Patterson and Kristin Stuart being number one searched names. They have become media darlings, yes. I feel bad for them.

Do they really not enjoy their success and fame?

*lol*

It my opinion. Deal with it and stop taking things to a personal level.

Nibs

It is not personal, it will ruin all decent conversation if anything posted, in the aim of discussing the saga, you then turn around and have to use it as a vehicle to express extreme negative and hateful views. I hope you reconsider your tactics cause there is not really anything I can do but ask you to quit being so negative, it is beyond being 'just your opinion', it is an atmosphere destroyer.

Who else could have did it?

Edited by Rosewin

If he does, he better do it before the "birth of the baby" in Breaking Dawn. That bit is just wayyyyy to much.

Nibs

I wonder if he has read that far and knows what he's in for.... :blink:

Right and now for this scene, you will perform a c-section- with your teeth.....

Edited by Cetacea

I don't believe they do. Especially Ms. Stewart.

It is not personal, it will ruin all decent conversation if anything posted, in the aim of discussing the saga, you then turn around and have to use it as a vehicle to express extreme negative and hateful views.

So report what you don't like. Just get over the idea that just because I don't hold Twilight in the same high regard as you that I have some inner issues. It's silly and derailing.

Who else could have did it?

No idea. Ms. Meyers herself I guess. Or any one at her publishing house. Friends. Relatives.

Nibs

Right and now for this scene, you will perform a c-section- with your teeth.....

I hope they do not make a Breaking Dawn movie cause it sounds horrible. I would like to see the wedding though.

I am just in book one and I wonder if the last book is as horrible as some make it sound, lots of stories that start of good, good to me at least, end up in fail.

But those same make everything about the series sound horrible, will have to read for myself to form my own opinion, I hope I do not hate the last book.

Edited by Rosewin

Yeah. Breaking Dawn takes "shark jumping" to unseen levels of insanity. :blink:

Oral C-section is just part of it.

Nibs

I don't believe they do. Especially Ms. Stewart.

That is sad if true. I can understand though because they did not exactly know what they were signing on for.

So report what you don't like. Just get over the idea that just because I don't hold Twilight in the same high regard as you that I have some inner issues. It's silly and derailing.

I will not mention it again but it is not 'some idea to get over' when it is quite easy to tell that those who are very negative have something wrong. It is just one of those simple facts in life. Just consider the fact that your negativity is also derailing. Me mentioning such was just in response to that, but I will not mention it again, no need to, I guess there never really was.

No idea. Ms. Meyers herself I guess. Or any one at her publishing house. Friends. Relatives.

Nibs

Maybe herself as a publicity stunt with no intention to actually fully write it. As you know most fans hope she does.

Edited by Rosewin

Rose - this has gotten old and silly. Tired of the insults. Welcome to ignore.

Nibs

No, I think they hate it. Hell, you got upset when six people said their movies sucked. It's their movies, and sixty million people have said it sucked. There have been many more saying they loved it of course, but it would be hard dealing with that kind of negative criticism. Also to consider is that anyone who takes a role such as contained within a series, unless successful before said franchise, runs teh risk of being typecast and never having much opportunity beyond genre films. Studio's are obsessed with bankable stars, and outside this series, none has much in the way of experience in other movies. The HP kids will have a hell of a time getting roles. I think that they (Rob and Kristen) are starting to realize that this could be doing the same thing to them. Hence Stewart's acting out in public.

I hope they do not make a Breaking Dawn movie cause it sounds horrible. I would like to see the wedding though.

I am just in book one and I wonder if the last book is as horrible as some make it sound, lots of stories that start of good, good to me at least, end up in fail.

But those same make everything about the series sound horrible, will have to read for myself to form my own opinion, I hope I do not hate the last book.

Oh I didn't know you hadn't actually read the entire series. I hate having spoilers so apologise if I gave stuff away, I was under the impression you had read them all.

Twilight is probably the 'best' book in the series. Maybe you should finish off the series, it may give you more of an idea where the fervent dislike comes from. Putting up with the characters as they are in the first book is bad enough but you really lose your patience when there is absolutely no development in the course of 4 books...

No, I think they hate it. Hell, you got upset when six people said their movies sucked. It's their movies, and sixty million people have said it sucked. There have been many more saying they loved it of course, but it would be hard dealing with that kind of negative criticism. Also to consider is that anyone who takes a role such as contained within a series, unless successful before said franchise, runs teh risk of being typecast and never having much opportunity beyond genre films. Studio's are obsessed with bankable stars, and outside this series, none has much in the way of experience in other movies. The HP kids will have a hell of a time getting roles. I think that they (Rob and Kristen) are starting to realize that this could be doing the same thing to them. Hence Stewart's acting out in public.

I've read where Pattinson was being evicted, broke and considering dropping acting all together when he got roped into Twilight. Wasn't even sure what it was.

Stewart? Like I said before, I think she is just well connected and they needed at least ONE recognizable name (not famous, just "wasn't she in...").

The HP kids never have to work again do they? Twilight is a successful franchise but HP is a freaking juggernaut. I see Twilight fading in the near future but HP will (already is) a classic.

Nibs

It would suck for that kind of negativity and sorry to all for getting mad cause six people said it sucked. I did not count them lol so now I am wondering who this six are exactly. I seriously doubt some of the Potter cast have trouble getting future roles, it seems their fans are more fans of them than the series, if that makes sense cause they are rabid about the series. I can see this as a risk for the Twilight crew though, at least for now, at least until they get permanent fans if any cause people move on to the next big thing like nothing. No loyalty >_<

Edited by Rosewin

Oh I didn't know you hadn't actually read the entire series. I hate having spoilers so apologise if I gave stuff away, I was under the impression you had read them all.

Twilight is probably the 'best' book in the series. Maybe you should finish off the series, it may give you more of an idea where the fervent dislike comes from. Putting up with the characters as they are in the first book is bad enough but you really lose your patience when there is absolutely no development in the course of 4 books...

If I had read Midnight Sun first I would have not touched Twilight.

That one is just uber creepy and stalker/abuser lunacy. I would have assumed he ate Bella slowly from just Midnight Sun....

whoa...maybe that would have been better.

:P

Nibs

The HP kids never have to work again do they? Twilight is a successful franchise but HP is a freaking juggernaut. I see Twilight fading in the near future but HP will (already is) a classic.

Nibs

Although on the topic of work; Emma Watson seems to be doing quite well modeling for Chanel!

Although on the topic of work; Emma Watson seems to be doing quite well modeling for Chanel!

Daniel what's his name did well on Broadway didn't he?

Nibs

Daniel what's his name did well on Broadway didn't he?

Nibs

He did Equus I think?

That wasn't so much of a hit though whereas Emma actually seems to be doing very well for herself with modelling. Isn't she in college too? She doesn't seem to be relying too much on her success with Harry Potter.

I've read where Pattinson was being evicted, broke and considering dropping acting all together when he got roped into Twilight. Wasn't even sure what it was.

Nibs

That would explain it, lol, poor sod.

Edited by Cetacea

No worries about ruining it, I have read bits and pieces from all the books, have read lots of commentary too, so I pretty much know the story. Still what I have read I completely adore, on an emotional level, and I can highly relate to it. So far I am going to start chapter 4 and I am sure I will enjoy seeing it unfold, just that last book I have doubts.

That is the definite fear, losing patience cause no development or it feels like plodding filler.

Stewart? Like I said before, I think she is just well connected and they needed at least ONE recognizable name (not famous, just "wasn't she in...").

Nibs

So nice when someone is almost broke or is and then makes it. Love rags to riches type of stories, especially when true, JK Rowling for example, I guess S Meyers too since she grew up poor.

He did Equus I think?

That wasn't so much of a hit though whereas Emma actually seems to be doing very well for herself with modelling. Isn't she in college too? She doesn't seem to be relying too much on her success with Harry Potter.

Yep, that was it Equus. I think I am assuming he did well because of the attention his wardrobe garnered. :P

The three of the stars of HP seem to have not been too negatively impacted by the type of fame and money they earned.

Stewart seems miserable with her fame. Pattinson...just seems drunk all the time but quite cheerful.

Nibs

We have seen it all in this love story! Boy meets girl, they fall in love on the sets of Twilight Saga, hides it from media, does PDA all around the corners of NYC, the boy’s parents meets the girl, the two comes confirms it to the media that they are in love, the girl learns piano, asks for commitment from the boy, the two thinks for a love nest and the……………….I AM SINGLE! Tells the boy!

The very fascinating love story comes to an end! Well still there is a ray of hope inside their fans heart that some kind of chemistry will ignite one day. Let’s hope that then two meets once again. Fingers crossed.

(link)

Was kinda hoping they would stay together....I guess R Pattinson officially announced he was single today or something.

A new face would have been interesting and a kick start for someone else would have been fair. They changed directors and such. I guess you are also right about remaining civil. Which movie does he die in? I have seen the first, do not remember much except them chasing each other on brooms, the second movie too maybe? Still I like to watch things where people die twenty minutes into it lol

Just an 'observation,' Rosewin, remaining civil does not equate to resuming hostilities. HerNibs has a negative opinion of the books - she's got every right to state that opinion; because she makes it plain she's stating her own personal opinion, and is being negative about a book, she has done nothing to offend anyone save the author. You're giving out opinions as facts, and directly applying them to the people here - this is not the way to keep a discussion civil. If you want to argue a point that HerNibs makes, the way to do it is to read the book and offer book-related counterpoints. You argue against the opinion, not the opinion's owner. If you've read the book and, for example, don't understand how we can think Bella has no character depth, the proper response is to give your own opinions on why you think she does - give examples, it's encouraged. The civil response is most definitely not to make an observation that everyone who thinks she lacks depth of character probably lacks it themselves, and then insist if this insults the reader then you're sorry it's true.

The guy that plays Edward is most well-known for playing Cedric Diggory, a character in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. He's present until the end of the movie, and is actually a really important part of the plot, but he only gets about twenty minutes screen-time total I think. Disappointed a lot of people - The guy's death was a major turning point in the entire Harry Potter series because it started the Darker And Edgier spiral, and the movie almost downplayed it - and Cedric - to get more scenes with Harry And Friends into the theatrical run-time.

So people who actually LIKED Cedric and the way he was presented in the books got shafted so they could show a few extra minutes of 'Holy Crap' Hermione (My sisters' nickname for Hermione post-everyone realizing she's actually a pretty girl.)