Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Pole Shift - December 2012 or Oct 2013?

Eulalio

According to the movie 2012, and supposedly the Mayan calendar, December 12, 2012 will be the day Earth's pole (or axis of rotation) will shift, causing unimaginable natural disasters and calamities all over the world.

But December will not be the month when this apocalyptic doomsday event will take place, at least not according to Nostradamus. According to one of his epistles, October is the month we all should watch for:

Epistle to Henry II:

" and there shall be in the month of October some great movement and transference and it will be such that one will think that the Earth has lost its natural movement, and that it will be plunged into the abyss of perpetual darkness"

The Bible seems to agree with Nostradamus on this.

"A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth." (Revelation 12: 1-4)

In the Bible, "signs appearing in heaven" refer to rare astronomical events. And since this prophecy was given to us in the form of a heavenly sign, we can actually determine the date of its fulfillment by simply using astronomy.

In astronomy, the “Dragon” is symbolized by the constellation Draco, and the “Woman” is symbolized by the constellation Virgo.

The mention of the sun clothing the “Woman” with the moon under her feet implies that this prophecy will be fulfilled during a new moon occurring at the constellation Virgo. If you will recall, a new moon occurs whenever the sun and the moon both appear at the same location of the sky.

The imagery of stars being swept out of the sky and being flung to the earth is representative of meteor showers. The mention of the dragon’s tail doing the sweeping also means that the radiant of this meteor shower should be seen at the tail of the constellation Draco. The radiant of a meteor shower is that point in the sky where the meteors appear to enter the earth’s atmosphere.

There was a time when the constellation Draco was associated with only one radiant corresponding to the meteor shower named the Draconids; and this meteor shower occurs on October 9 of every year. However, the radiant of this meteor shower is located in what is traditionally referred to as the “head” of the constellation Draco and not its “tail” as the prophecy in the book of Revelation specifically stated.

However, an unexpected burst of meteors occurred on October 5, 2005 which betrayed the presence of a potentially Earth-threatening comet. This burst of meteors radiated from a direction on the border of the constellation Draco, located at its “tail end”, and exactly as prophesied by Revelation 12; and this new meteor shower is now known as the Camelopardalids.

http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu//full/2005JIMO...33..125J/0000125.000.html

These meteors were caused by dust ejected by a yet unidentified comet during its most recent return to the Sun, which was determined to be a little more than 3,500 years ago, or about the time of the Exodus. Furthermore the detection of the comet's dust trail implies that the comet itself could wander into Earth's path if so directed by the gravitational pull of the planets.

For the prophecy of Revelation 12:1-4 to be fulfilled, the following astronomical events must take place all at the same time:

1. A new moon must occur at the constellation Virgo

2. A meteor storm should take place with its radiant located at the tail of the constellation Draco

Since the Camelopardalids meteor shower occur on October 5 of every year, the only question that must be answered now is when will the next new moon occur that will fall exactly on this date?

The answer is October 5, 2013.

http://lunaf.com/english/moon-phases/lunar-calendar-2013/10/05/

On this date, the Sun will be located at the constellation Virgo, "clothing" it entirely, while the new moon will be located at the border of Virgo and Libra, which is just under the "feet" of the "Woman".

Many cataclysmic events will take place on this day, one of which is the return of the Earth threatening comet whose debris is the source of the Camelopardalids meteor shower. This comet is called by many names, and is written about in many legends of old.

This comet is none other than Nibiru or Planet X, the home of Sumerian, and Babylonian deities also known as the Annunaki.

http://shugborough.info/blogs_read.php?blogid=3&blogpage=1&secid=-1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSearcher

• greggK

• Horrendus Formidonis

• Eulalio

Ok, is the 2012 theory faltering already? We have to find different dates now? Not even taking into account that Nibiru or Planet X are proven not to exist.....

you seem to have done alot of research, but in the wrong place...

a pole shift takes thousands of years to occur and we are only just starting to go into a pole shift now. so if anything is going in 2012 i highly doubt it will be a pole shift.

Nice analysis.

What does a comet have to do with a pole shift?

The potentially Earth threatening comet which is approaching has a very strong magnetic field. This will repel Earth's magnetic field causing its axis of rotation to shift.

you seem to have done alot of research, but in the wrong place...

a pole shift takes thousands of years to occur and we are only just starting to go into a pole shift now. so if anything is going in 2012 i highly doubt it will be a pole shift.

There are two causes for magnetic pole shifts to occur, one is internal, the other is external.

Internal causes which take place inside Earth's inner core take thousands of years to occur as our planet is already relatively stable.

However, the cause of Earth's pole shift which will occur on October 5, 2013 will be external. This is similar to having two bar magnets which naturally repel or attract each other. Nibiru's strong magnetic field will cause an immediate shift on Earth's axis of rotation!

Ok, is the 2012 theory faltering already? We have to find different dates now? Not even taking into account that Nibiru or Planet X are proven not to exist.....

How can you prove the non-existence of anything?

It is true, Nibiru's position hasn't been discovered yet, BUT, there are so many strong evidences available that suggest that there is a perturbing object or body that regularly visits our solar system that causes havoc on our neighbouring planets and even our own.

Some of these cataclysmic events can even be shown to be relatively recent, which suggests that a recurrence of such events can take place anytime soon.

It is true, Nibiru's position hasn't been discovered yet, BUT, there are so many strong evidences available that suggest that there is a perturbing object or body that regularly visits our solar system that causes havoc on our neighbouring planets and even our own.

Some of these cataclysmic events can even be shown to be relatively recent, which suggests that a recurrence of such events can take place anytime soon.

no there isnt.

theres no proof of nibiru or planet x at all.

The potentially Earth threatening comet which is approaching has a very strong magnetic field. This will repel Earth's magnetic field causing its axis of rotation to shift.

This comet has a strong magnetic field now?

What direction? If the field is parallel to Earth's it won't cause a pole-shift.

Why will changing the Earth's magnetic field orientation cause a change in the axis of rotation?

I trust you also realize that the very scientists who reported the discovery of the potentially Earth-threatening comet suggest that the next large meteor shows from this comet's tail will occur in 2018 and 2038.

Logic :)

as follows...

If a body of a size capable of affecting the earths possition or orientation was within the vincinity (in this case a mere 2 or 3 years away) it would have shown its effects already ,drasticly not to mention it would have been visible with the naked eye already let alone amateur astronomers with scopes.

Those recent events like the tsunami and big quakes etc. have been occuring for longer then man has excisted and frequently ,i wouldn't bet on that being of much use in theories like these.

Edited by Rafe

How can I prove anything? Well for starters I consult with the people whose job it is to chart and follow all heavenly bodies that could represent a thread to our planet, like the Nasa Asteroid watch team. Or you check on this Near Earth Objects page

Next, there is no credible evidence - telescopic or otherwise - for this object’s existence. There is also no evidence of any kind for its gravitational effects upon bodies in our solar system. If there was such a thing as Nibiru, that would pass earth closely as you claim, in 2012 or 2013, then evidence would be present now.

So yes, I can prove the non-existence of something.

If you have proof of any of it, I would like to see it.

lol!!

...According to the movie 2012...

This is where I stopped... Ive just been to see that film and although it was fun to see cool explosions and destruction, nothing of that movie can ever be proven scientific fact...

But then again, neither can ANYTHING about your so called judgement day. Just because the mayans calender ends at that date, it doesnt mean the world ends. By that logic, The world would have ended December 31st 2008... and every year before that on the exact same date.

They kept that calender going for thousands and thousands of years. It needed to stop at some point.

as with my post on that topic,

http://shugborough.info/

dunno if i buy this site.

especially since no names of the 'scientists' are mentioned, anywhere.

Can you post this earth shattering evidence please

I have a big interest in Astronomy and I've read tons of books and pappers , never have i seen evidence of a rogue planet

Can you post this earth shattering evidence please

I have a big interest in Astronomy and I've read tons of books and pappers , never have i seen evidence of a rogue planet

likewise.

Have y'all heard of NASA's latest warning? On or around December 21, 2012 the sun will finish its 11 year cycle and there WILL be a pole reversal of the sun. There is no doubt on this happening. What will occur after that is what they do not know. Considering the logic involved with the controlling factor of the sun's magnetic alignment with the other planets, they could follow because if you take two magnets that are aligned in such a way as to be repelling and attracting at the same time and you flip the axis of one, two things could happen. Either the planets will be sucked into the sun because the sun is a roiling mass of inversion and when the magnet shifts poles, it will no longer repel, but attract. Or, the attraction may be short-lived for the earth while it shifts poles to adjust; which would line up with Nostradamus and the Oct. 2013 date. This has happened before in the latter 1800's, but the only thing that happened then was building started burning and every metal thing became hot enough to burn you.

Now, consider all of the other debris in this solar system; the asteroid belts.

What causes them to not be sucked into the sun other than the distance? I've watched videos of comets being sucked into the sun. And in my head I go over the reasons for all of the 'potholes' on the inner planets, i.e. Mercury, Venus, the moon, Mars. But, there is much more evidence on other planets, like Jupiter gaining another 'red spot' and the volcanic activity of its moon Io which they say is causing auroras on the planet like our aurora borealis.

*edit punctuation..

Edited by greggK

Have y'all heard of NASA's latest warning? On or around December 21, 2012 the sun will finish its 11 year cycle and there WILL be a pole reversal of the sun.

Linky, please.

here is the link to the Nasa link. Note that the article is from February 15, 2001, not a really rescent one. It is now taken up by article by polarreversal.com.

Gregg, I don't know if you actually read the articles in question, but I sure see that you have no understanding of gravity and it's function within our solar system.

Als you seem to have overseen this little phrase in the article :

NASA scientists who monitor the Sun say that our star's awesome magnetic field flipped 22 months ago, signaling the arrival of a solar maximum. But it wasn't so obvious to the average human. Image

Yes, it already happend 22 months ago as well and behold, we are still here, no planets got sucked into the sun or expelled from the solar system, no buildings started burning nor did metal become so hot it could burn you.

Mind telling us where you got these theories of yours?

Have y'all heard of NASA's latest warning? On or around December 21, 2012 the sun will finish its 11 year cycle and there WILL be a pole reversal of the sun. There is no doubt on this happening. What will occur after that is what they do not know. Considering the logic involved with the controlling factor of the sun's magnetic alignment with the other planets, they could follow because if you take two magnets that are aligned in such a way as to be repelling and attracting at the same time and you flip the axis of one, two things could happen. Either the planets will be sucked into the sun because the sun is a roiling mass of inversion and when the magnet shifts poles, it will no longer repel, but attract. Or, the attraction may be short-lived for the earth while it shifts poles to adjust; which would line up with Nostradamus and the Oct. 2013 date. This has happened before in the latter 1800's, but the only thing that happened then was building started burning and every metal thing became hot enough to burn you.

Now, consider all of the other debris in this solar system; the asteroid belts.

What causes them to not be sucked into the sun other than the distance? I've watched videos of comets being sucked into the sun. And in my head I go over the reasons for all of the 'potholes' on the inner planets, i.e. Mercury, Venus, the moon, Mars. But, there is much more evidence on other planets, like Jupiter gaining another 'red spot' and the volcanic activity of its moon Io which they say is causing auroras on the planet like our aurora borealis.

*edit punctuation..

The 11 year solar cycle is common knowledge.

http://spaceweather.com/glossary/sunspotnumber.html

Sure earth and other planets in our system show signs of impact. Tracking any pattern or timescale for events has so far not been successful. There is a roughly 26 million year extinction cycle that could be due to to the solar systems wobble as it passes through the galactic plane. Another theory is a brown dwarf sun disturbing the oort cloud and causing extinction events.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/nemesis_010320-1.html

Edited by jules99

According to the movie 2012, and supposedly the Mayan calendar, December 12, 2012 will be the day Earth's pole (or axis of rotation) will shift, causing unimaginable natural disasters and calamities all over the world.

Sorry the Mayan Calendar does not predict a pole shift just the end of an age. Recent research indicates that the Mayan long count doesn't end in 2012 but in 2220.

here is the link to the Nasa link. Note that the article is from February 15, 2001, not a really rescent one. It is now taken up by article by polarreversal.com.

Gregg, I don't know if you actually read the articles in question, but I sure see that you have no understanding of gravity and it's function within our solar system.

Als you seem to have overseen this little phrase in the article :

Yes, it already happend 22 months ago as well and behold, we are still here, no planets got sucked into the sun or expelled from the solar system, no buildings started burning nor did metal become so hot it could burn you.

Mind telling us where you got these theories of yours?

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/21jan_severespaceweather.htm?list5029

The strongest geomagnetic storm on record is the Carrington Event of August-September

1859, named after British astronomer Richard Carrington who witnessed the instigating solar flare with his unaided eye while he was projecting an image of the sun on a white screen. Geomagnetic activity triggered by the explosion electrified telegraph lines, shocking technicians and setting their telegraph papers on fire; Northern Lights spread as far south as Cuba and Hawaii; auroras over the Rocky Mountains were so bright, the glow woke campers who began preparing breakfast because they thought it was morning. Best estimates rank the Carrington Event as 50% or more stronger than the superstorm of May 1921.

http://chasblogspot.blogspot.com/2009/08/carrington-event.html

In Philadelphia, a telegrapher was stunned by a severe shock. In some offices the equipment burst into flames. In Bergen, Norway, the operators had to scramble to disconnect the apparatus, risking electrocution. On top of this, compasses spun uselessly under the grip of the aurora, disrupting global navigation. [...]

There is witness reports from the US of communication towers burning and the buildings housing the telegraph equipment burning.

This is from TheSearcher's NASA site:

The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.

My question is now, 'Does gravity have poles? Our sun creates a big huge bubble of magnetism extending about 50 AU (AU = the distance from the sun to the earth) outside Pluto. Gravity is not dependent on magnetism, but mass. It is the magnetism that attracts the mass. In our solar system, we would never be able to go to the sun or Jupiter and have anything to survive the entry because of gravity. Have you ever watched videos of comets being sucked into the sun?

The magnetism created by the earth repels the magnetism created by the sun because of the shifting poles. Each object in this solar system has what mass causes and that is gravity. The mass of the object does not necessarily cause magnetism, i.e. the moon, the asteroids, etc. but the atomic elemental makeup of the planet in question. But, this leads into another discussion and that is the Shoemaker-Levy comets that were sucked into Jupiter.

The function of magnetism in our solar system is keeping the planets and the rest of the objects apart because they are not situated the same; they do not occupy the same position. Otherwise, they would be sucked into each other.

The sun's poles must remain opposing to the rest of the solar system.

Consider how many times the sun has gone through its flipping magnetic poles. Also consider the list of times the earth has gone through the same. There is a lot of things you could figure out.

Edited by greggK