Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Airex22

Can some1 approve this unexplained Abilities?

Do you Believe in this Abilities?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Telekinesis exist?

2. 2. Does the Electrokinesis exist?

3. 3. Do you believe in?

• Electrokinesis
    • Telekinesis
    • Chronokinesis
    • Hydrokinesis
    • Pyrokinesis
    • Invisibility
    • Teleportation
    • Physical Teleportation
    • Others(choose in myy list and reply)

53 posts in this topic

puridalan

I disagree.

I think that some people who don't want to be read, cannot be read. And I believe some people whether they do or not..just cannot be read (can't read them all) However, it is possible to read individual that do not want to be read for various reasons. Ex. Knowing a family man walking in church that you can see abuses his wife and children. He obviously doesn't want anyone knowing this and tries to pretend he is a righteous man..yet you can read him.

So depends on each case, SOME can be read that do not want to be. Is that always morall right..perhaps not. But then again most of their actions are not morally 'right' to begin with.

MasterAdam

Many high profile scientists have actually looked into these kind of abilities though many were critisized for pursueing psuedoscience. Anyway, if I remember correctly, the ability to "read" someone is not a "power" but more of a sub-consouisence thing. You can't actually read their mind persay as your actually using a form of an unaware psychological evaluation on that person in question. The mind is very powerful but your minds limits stay within you. Breaching someone else's thoughts are highly unlikeley as the concept of "thinking" is limited to yourself and in your own mind only.

Phsycic abilities are just things we aren't aware of. Things we misinterpret.

puridalan

Disagree

How can one misinterput something that is validated by the other person as correct.

Another example. A stranger I meet for the first time is sitting down at the table with me, 2 other friends are about to join us at the table in 5 minutes. Right after an introduction, I say I apoglize and know this is rude, but go over the table and whisper, "Do you have sexual problems?" The person blushed and said, "How the hell do you know?" Again I knew nothing about this person, and she said she hadn't told anyone about the embrassing issue. (There are more in depth detaikls to the story)

Anywho, this person told me that she did NOT want anyone to know, yet I knew and she later laughed saying it sort of felt better someone knew and was cool about it. Anywho, this was not misinterpueted, this was validated as right.

Though, I do agree that a LOT of this is subconcious, I believe that I am reading their subconcios mind not concious MOST of the time. Now I do not call myself a pyschic, for many reasons. But I believe that the mind is amazing and it is possible to 'read' eachother without talking and even without physically seeing any body language or voice..it can be done. Now may it be harder to get certain information, certainly and some people that do not show photo it maybe impossible.

I have a ton of theories to why this is possible, laugh at me now. But I bet in a 100 yrs or so I'll be the last one laughing.

Edited by puridalan

MasterAdam

Disagree

How can one misinterput something that is validated by the other person as correct.

Another example. A stranger I meet for the first time is sitting down at the table with me, 2 other friends are about to join us at the table in 5 minutes. Right after an introduction, I say I apoglize and know this is rude, but go over the table and whisper, "Do you have sexual problems?" The person blushed and said, "How the hell do you know?" Again I knew nothing about this person, and she said she hadn't told anyone about the embrassing issue. (There are more in depth detaikls to the story)

Anywho, this person told me that she did NOT want anyone to know, yet I knew and she later laughed saying it sort of felt better someone knew and was cool about it. Anywho, this was not misinterpueted, this was validated as right.

Though, I do agree that a LOT of this is subconcious, I believe that I am reading their subconcios mind not concious MOST of the time. Now I do not call myself a pyschic, for many reasons. But I believe that the mind is amazing and it is possible to 'read' eachother without talking and even without physically seeing any body language or voice..it can be done. Now may it be harder to get certain information, certainly and some people that do not show photo it maybe impossible.

I have a ton of theories to why this is possible, laugh at me now. But I bet in a 100 yrs or so I'll be the last one laughing.

Well, I don't think you have to have any powers what-so-ever to be able to read someone. Are soccer players born with the gift to play soccer well? No, they practice and practice until they are the best. "Reading someone" as you so call it can be considered by some, to just be a simple magic trick as it has been done by professional magicians with no background in "physcic powers" for years. In fact, if I wanted to, I can learn to do what you claim to do yourself. All it involves is practice and dedication.

What I'm talking about is possible. Claiming to be born with it or claiming it's some kind of "mystical power" is considered to be pseudoscience. And it's pseudoscience for a reason because throughout all the years it has been investigated, no proof has been given to say that it can't be learned by any individual like someone learns a magic trick.

And I stand by my reasons becasue it's rooted in fact and not wild claims. Not saying you can't do what you do but don't claim that it didn't get better over time and has always been a part of you. Your good at what you do though.

PsiPup

Well, I don't think you have to have any powers what-so-ever to be able to read someone. Are soccer players born with the gift to play soccer well? No, they practice and practice until they are the best. "Reading someone" as you so call it can be considered by some, to just be a simple magic trick as it has been done by professional magicians with no background in "physcic powers" for years. In fact, if I wanted to, I can learn to do what you claim to do yourself. All it involves is practice and dedication.

Then go ahead and do it, or at least have the dedication. Often times it's NOT just about 'simple magic tricks' as you so claim. Reminder, as proven by scientists, people don't use their ENTIRE brain, which leaves a LOT of unexplained even WITH our technological advancements.

What I'm talking about is possible. Claiming to be born with it or claiming it's some kind of "mystical power" is considered to be pseudoscience. And it's pseudoscience for a reason because throughout all the years it has been investigated, no proof has been given to say that it can't be learned by any individual like someone learns a magic trick.

The few people I know with psychic abilities are also the types that don't brag about it. It's kind of like being a part of the Masonic Guild because people wouldn't fully understand. And if they do brag about it, then that's their problem.

And I stand by my reasons becasue it's rooted in fact and not wild claims. Not saying you can't do what you do but don't claim that it didn't get better over time and has always been a part of you. Your good at what you do though.

What you claim as fact is by hearing claims, which last I recall was called opinion. We all have them, but yet very few things are classified as ultimate fact (gravity being one of them). Even science doesn't have ALL the answers.

Agent. Mulder

Then go ahead and do it, or at least have the dedication. Often times it's NOT just about 'simple magic tricks' as you so claim. Reminder, as proven by scientists, people don't use their ENTIRE brain, which leaves a LOT of unexplained even WITH our technological advancements.

youre not talking about that 10% myth are you?

The few people I know with psychic abilities are also the types that don't brag about it. It's kind of like being a part of the Masonic Guild because people wouldn't fully understand. And if they do brag about it, then that's their problem.

no, its not like being in a guild where some people apparently wouldnt understand. they probably dont say they have 'powers' because they actually dont, and wouldnt be able to prove any of their claims.

What you claim as fact is by hearing claims, which last I recall was called opinion. We all have them, but yet very few things are classified as ultimate fact (gravity being one of them). Even science doesn't have ALL the answers.

...gravity isnt fact? or IS one that is classified as fact. im just curious as to what one you meant.

Stellar

Myth.

Silent Winds

In all honesty labeling "we don't use all of our brains" as a myth is ,in a way, a form of arrogance. Even though myth in itself basically just means not proven as some myths can be true.

Saying its a myth, as in a lie, is the same of saying we know everything about how our brain functions, when we don't. Just pointing that out.

As for the topic, many of those abilities might be possible if telekinsis is possible. If telekinesis isn't possible, then none of them are with an exception to physic abilities. I'm not voting on any though as I don't know. There is only yes and no options, not maybe options.

Agent. Mulder

In all honesty labeling "we don't use all of our brains" as a myth is ,in a way, a form of arrogance. Even though myth in itself basically just means not proven as some myths can be true.

Saying its a myth, as in a lie, is the same of saying we know everything about how our brain functions, when we don't. Just pointing that out.

point out your opinion all you want, the point is thats a myth. yes, a lie. its not arrogance stating fact.

and myth, in and of itself, does Not Mean 'not proven', at all. thats not what myth means.

and no, myths cant usually be true.

Silent Winds

Its not a fact as there isn't much of any way to actually prove that we do. Saying we know for a fact that we use all of out brains is no different then saying we know exactly how our brain functions..when we don't.

Although the majority of myths are most likely false, some of them are plausible.

Mattshark

As for the topic, many of those abilities might be possible if telekinsis is possible. If telekinesis isn't possible, then none of them are with an exception to physic abilities. I'm not voting on any though as I don't know. There is only yes and no options, not maybe options.

Not is it a myth, we use every single part of our brain, there is not one single part of our brain with out a function attached to it. The cerebellum alone is 10% of the brain and has nothing to do with thinking.

You do realise the brain is not just for thinking don't you.

Mattshark

Its not a fact as there isn't much of any way to actually prove that we do. Saying we know for a fact that we use all of out brains is no different then saying we know exactly how our brain functions..when we don't.

Although the majority of myths are most likely false, some of them are plausible.

Just because you don't doesn't mean others don't.

Maybe you should catch up on some modern biology.

Silent Winds

I'm well aware of that. I am also aware that we do not know everything about how our brain functions like we claim to.

Mattshark

I'm well aware of that. I am also aware that we do not know everything about how our brain functions like we claim to.

So what, that doesn't mean that the 10% rubbish is not just that, rubbish.

Sorry but most of our brain has to make a our body work, and it still needs supplemental help for that in the gut. Every part of the brain has function known. That doesn't mean we know it all perfectly, but we know what it does and there is simply no room in our brains to find hidden special powers (that break most of the physical laws of the universe I should add).

Silent Winds

That we know of anyway.

Mattshark

That we know of anyway.

An argument from ignorance is not really any use.

Agent. Mulder

we werent talking about that though, i just stated how the 10% myth was wrong.

accept youre wrong SW's.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

Silent Winds

It was not really a argument from "ignorance", as there are still areas of how the mind works that we don't fully comprehend yet. "That we know of" is simply how it is. We are not gods and we are not on some high pedestral, we need to learn that some things, we simply don't know.

I'm now leaving this thread as enough has been said.

Edited by Silent Winds

Agent. Mulder

It was not really a argument from "ignorance", as there are still areas of how the mind works that we don't fully comprehend yet. "That we know of" is simply how it is. We are not gods and we are not on some high pedestral.

thats fine, even though we have some damn good understanding of it. again, this was in regards to the 10% myth, so dont try to change it to "well we dont fully comprehend every aspect of the brain".

Horrendus Formidonis

I really hope you don't believe the "We only use 10% of our brains" myth. At any given time, you may be using only 10%, although if you so only use 10% at any time you might want to consider visiting a doctor, but everyday it's almost a given you will "flex" the proverbial muscles of every part of your brain.

As for the debate at hand... I believe that there are certain physical aspects of psychic abilities, and some paranormal. For example, Clairempathy. It may be just a subtle reading of body movements, perhaps Clairepaths are just better at reading body language than others,, and then again, maybe they do have a heightened perception of energy given off by individuals. As for the psychics that claim to be able to manipulate things without touching them, there is a theory space is an illusion created by our feeble minds. So maybe, if space is just an illusion, what we do has an effect on the illusion. For example, we might pick something up in the "all matter is touching *reality*" and this moves something in the illusion. Sounds incredibly stupid, and it probably is, and completely lacks any data to back it up, but not impossible. Personally, I think this is false, but it's still something to throw out there.

Nik Xues

Although i have horribly mild premonitions

i dont buy the 10% crud either. Its better to say just because we understand how the brain should work doesnt mean it has to be utilized exactly the same as everyone else.

You think for a minute i give you all a shovel. what will you do with it.

Most people would say dig. but well i need fire wood so i chop with the edges. another makes a crutch. each individual has the potential to utilze things differently.

And i agree with the other poster who suggested more of this is just a subconcious thing.

Telepathy and clairvoyance Are simply "reading the currents".

Case in point if i give you 4 tiles of a comic strip and the first three have the arced path of a baseball on it you can easily find the landing point for the fourth tile. Not impossible its just Math.

Now as i cant bend spoons and such i havent the luxury of obsessing over reality manipulations. But im a workin onit. he closest im right now is possibly manipulation of air currents through unrealized motion. or perhaps there is some EM stuff going on this stuff is more of a mechanical problem than programming so im some what at a loss.

Ruffjeff

Electrokinesis -

TheSpiritForce

Time isn't even real, so it's possible that Chronokinesis is possible...Hydrokenesis is cool, but it's probably more like static electricity. Remember, Time is only a unit of measurement to order Man's life, so no, Time is not real. PLUS, i know an easier way to control time. Start setting your watch time differently tongue.gif

If I might interject here...Time is just a real, as space, as from the beginning...of both time and space, during The Big Bang Theroy, everything has been at a certain place at a certain time or everything has been at a certain time at a certain place. You can't have one without the other, as in like I will meet you at a certain time at a certain place or I will meet you at a certain place at a certain time...to say I will meet you at a certain place...then what time or to say I will meet you at a certain time...then what place? See you next time....but you know the place. vbs

Voyager10

irs-approved-300x300.gif

:)

TheSpiritForce

So what, that doesn't mean that the 10% rubbish is not just that, rubbish.

Sorry but most of our brain has to make a our body work, and it still needs supplemental help for that in the gut. Every part of the brain has function known. That doesn't mean we know it all perfectly, but we know what it does and there is simply no room in our brains to find hidden special powers (that break most of the physical laws of the universe I should add).

Ok, I am stumped here...when you say, "there is simply no room in our brains to find hidden special powers (that break most of the physical laws of the universe I should add)." What, if you can, exactly do you mean when you make such a statement? I mean if it is shown to you or anyone and it has been proven about Special Powers or Supernatural Powers, I would assume what you are speaking about, that have been proven, as I have said...why wouldn't there be any room in our only means of perceptions, as the ultimate observer of facts, in our brains of it? Maybe I am reading you wrong or you maybe just missed phrased it, but would love for you to explain, if you will? TY Ron

But, anyway...for what it's worth, it's all in your head to begin with and actually nothing can really be proven, other than US, as Spirit Beings or Living Ghost...it is all an illusion, but US, as I said, as 99.9999% of all mass and or matter is void of anything and the The Spirit Being, in and of which we all are, is Supernatural and the only thing that is real and can be proven by I, as we all are made in His image and playing The Game of Life, in this, God's Holodeck or Matrix if you will...whereas, whenever you have winners and losers you have a game...Yes, this The Game of Life...be a winner...be right and good because good and right will win every time over bad and wrong...every time!