Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bomb' caused Russian train crash

questionmark

A bomb blast caused a Russian express train with nearly 700 people on board to derail, killing at least 26 people, intelligence officials say.

The Nevsky Express derailed in remote countryside on Friday night while travelling between the capital Moscow and the second city, St Petersburg.

Russian investigators found "elements of an explosive device" at the scene, an official statement said.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MARAB0D

• questionmark

• stevewinn

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the Russian news, they say explosion happened under the locomotive, but due to the high speed it was only 3 tail wagons derailed. The highest rank killed was the head of the Federal Agency of State reserves, I dont know is if like Federal Reserves in USA or dealing with something else.

I read the Russian news, they say explosion happened under the locomotive, but due to the high speed it was only 3 tail wagons derailed. The highest rank killed was the head of the Federal Agency of State reserves, I dont know is if like Federal Reserves in USA or dealing with something else.

I think we are talking about Rosrezerv, that has little to do with money but a lot with maintaining an emergency supply of important commodities.

I think we are talking about Rosrezerv, that has little to do with money but a lot with maintaining an emergency supply of important commodities.

Yes, the short name they used was Rosrezerv - I do not know their current government departments well enough. Thats second time this train was derailed by explosion, last time they arrested some Chechen-looking folks, but then also arrested some Russian Nazis; don't know who the culprit really was. I know the site though pretty well, basically it is a rural area, so the new faces must be easily noticeable, this is how they got to those two Chechens in 2007.

Yes, the short name they used was Rosrezerv - I do not know their current government departments well enough. Thats second time this train was derailed by explosion, last time they arrested some Chechen-looking folks, but then also arrested some Russian Nazis; don't know who the culprit really was. I know the site though pretty well, basically it is a rural area, so the new faces must be easily noticeable, this is how they got to those two Chechens in 2007.

Nobody has been convicted for the last derailment and a Neo Nazi group claimed responsibility this time. But that could mean all kind of things

Nobody has been convicted for the last derailment and a Neo Nazi group claimed responsibility this time. But that could mean all kind of things

This is basically as far as it goes - as in Russia there could be only two real political forces, employing terrorism. It is either some desperate Muslim rebels, restricted to Caucasis area, or local Slavic Nazi groups. Let us see the development though, as it all depends on the government strategy too. For example, FSB can suddenly find some "Georgian lead" in the case - and then Russia may use it as an excuse to attack Georgia again. Russia is no better than US and can provoke absolutely anything. For now I would be just looking to what the media publishes.

The area where the bombing happened must be very remote, it took the emergency services one and half hours to reach the train.

The area where the bombing happened must be very remote, it took the emergency services one and half hours to reach the train.

This actually looks suspicious. Obviously it takes no time to arrive there from Bologoe itself - this can be done by railway. My impression is that they mean heavy machinery needed on site, not the actual crew - most likely it was not kept close enough to the crash site, but elsewhere. On the other hand they could be worried that the railway might have had more explosives loaded (which in fact was like that as there was second blast when the inspectors arrived. Otherwise despite there are highways around, they certainly do not go through the forests and swamps, which are plenty in the area.