Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Smoking mugwort

Mdaniel

Before I begin, mugwort IS NOT an illicit substance. :)

So for the past.. 10 months, I've been smoking mugwort, the first 3 months I did it on a regular basis, now I just do it here and there. And only on rare occasions I drink it in tea.

For the first 3 months it was really hardcore, dreams became VERY realistic. I could literally feel pain, taste, smell and feel emotions in my dreams. It was a big distraction though, because I was very busy with my work being my last year of school. I appreciated how clear the dreams were though.

Has anyone ever tried it? What experiences have you had from either drinking/smoking it?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bunny Munro

• Mdaniel

• Paranormalcy

• behaviour???

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've consumed my fair share of it and I can't say anything interesting has come of it, just getting extremely sick. I consumed it in a drink.

What type of a dose are you taking?

This is my first time hearing about this. what is it exactly?

Regardless if "mugwort" is legal or not; conversations that discuss or promote psychic experience inducing drugs or anything similar is disallowed.

It says so in the rules:

2i. Medical advice: Do not use the site to request medical assistance, you are always best to seek the advice of your doctor. Discussions pertaining to medical topics, discoveries and research are acceptable so long as they avoid recommending treatments to specific members. Similarly, promoting or recommending alternative or potentially harmful medications to visitors such as vitamin mega dosing, human growth hormones, prescription drug abuse, white powder of gold, psychic experience inducing drugs or anything similar is disallowed.

Closed

superman-1.gif Superman superman-1.gif

Unexplained Mysteries Moderator

- Threads merged-

Theres been some sort of misinterpretation, mugwort is a herb just like sage, and herbs in teabags, I can understand why you would get a negative image from the words used in the thread such as "substance" and "doses", in all honesty it was a misinterpretation. mugwort is not a drug, it is consumed just like any other herb.

You would be better off simply writing to Saru and explain it to him, He is the man in control,

Good luck,

Theres been some sort of misinterpretation, mugwort is a herb just like sage, and herbs in teabags, I can understand why you would get a negative image from the words used in the thread such as "substance" and "doses", in all honesty it was a misinterpretation. mugwort is not a drug, it is consumed just like any other herb.

Policies of UM doesnot allow for member requesting in public to unlock threads...You can Private Message this to Saru or any other moderator here in the Forum...

here is a link to Saru's profile

If you ever PM dont forget to give a link of the thread you are mentioning

Thanks

B???

Edited by behaviour???

It got locked? That's ridiculous, you must have insulted the 'family friendly content' of the site despite the fact that you clearly explained that it's not an illicit substance.

I just looked at it, how is that inducing a psychic experience? All it does is aid in recalling dreams, which is more akin to something like taurine or guanna which is a natural stimulant which increases mental focus. I could understand if it were a topic on taking mushrooms or something, but this is a widely available, legal herb, nor was the poster promoting it's, use they simply asked if anyone else had any experiences with it, just because one discusses a topic does not mean that one is taking an approving stance towards it.

So were just going to pretend that something which has legitimate potential for discussion doesn't exist?

Edited by Bunny Munro

2b. Illegal material: Do not post material that is violative of any law or which describes or advocates illegal activities such as taking, growing, buying or selling drugs, the sale or promotion of weapons, hacking, trespassing, downloading pirated software, movies or music, participation in criminal offences or plans to enact criminal acts.

Note: To clarify; a discussion for example in response to a news item about drug legalisation is acceptable, but describing or promoting personal drug use, using the site to organise the distribution of drugs or to promote, organise or undertake any other illegal act is strictly forbidden.

Although most herbs are not illegal in most countries, I believe the above can still apply to an extent in the case of "drug", and if not, then I'm afraid the following provides the padlock.

2i. Medical advice: Do not use the site to request medical assistance, you are always best to seek the advice of your doctor. Discussions pertaining to medical topics, discoveries and research are acceptable so long as they avoid recommending treatments to specific members. Similarly, promoting or recommending alternative or potentially harmful medications to visitors such as vitamin mega dosing, human growth hormones, prescription drug abuse, white powder of gold, psychic experience inducing drugs or anything similar is disallowed.

Please do not post request threads regarding staff actions. As noted, PM a Mod or Saru.

Closed.

Edited by Paranormalcy

Just to clarify here, mugwort is not illegal however like a lot of herbs, drugs or other substances people might take in an effort to induce psychic experiences, dream recall or whatever else it can have harmful side effects if taken excessively; in the interests of safety our policy is to deter discussions that focus on taking or recommending the use of such substances. While the risks of taking mugwort may be small it still falls under the same category.

What we don't want is someone visiting the site, reading about a substance reported to be capable of inducing an experience and then taking an overdose while attempting to attain the desired effect - some substances can cause unexpected side-effects or react badly with existing medications even when used in small amounts.

If you are considering taking a substance to induce an experience then we recommend seeking the advice of a pharmacist, a doctor or other proffessional who can confirm for you if it is safe for you to use.

Also as mentioned above if you wish to discuss a thread closure please contact a moderator or myself directly via PM rather than starting a second thread about it.

Thank you.

- Merging this thread with the original on the same topic -