Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Classical Musicians prone to ESP?

Render

Just saw a piece of this in a documentary.

Marilyn Schlitz found that classical musicians show a higher ESP possibilty than other ppl.

Classical musicians, in particular, stood out as ones capable of successfully guessing the video images being watched in the other room. They scored as high as 75% in their ability to report images accurately. Another study conducted by Kathy Dalton in Scotland for her Ph.D. thesis achieved similar results. Dalton too sampled artists and creative-types in her experiment and likewise found that classical musicians stood out. In order to test the validity this classical musician phenomenon, Schlitz is currently conducting a study at Stanford University using the same protocols.

http://projectcommongood.com/research/ext-human-ability

One experiment consisted of 2 ppl sitting in seperate rooms. Both hooked up on EEG. One was shown video images of helicopters shooting their guns.

The other person was stripped of her senses with ear plugs and cotton in front of the eyes, while a red light shone on her.

The one seeing the images had to try and send these telepathically to the other.

The other described having a sense of sitting in helicopter. And saw helicopters shooting missiles.

Why would classical musicians be prone to this?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Render

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• FriDaY.

Oh interesting study.

Maybe some musicians experience a visual representation of how they read music. Which would make their mental visual awareness more developed. IE the mental eye.

Oh interesting study.

Maybe some musicians experience a visual representation of how they read music. Which would make their mental visual awareness more developed. IE the mental eye.

Yes exactly my thoughts too. And possibily Marilyn's.

But then they'd still get some stimulation to the senses..making music..hearing..seeing. And in that experiment one person was stripped of those senses.

Hmm...

Maybe it is indeed closely linked with synesthesia.

Maybe synesthesia is the first evolutionary step towards telepathy?

• 2 weeks later...

Classical music are soothing music. I've heard they stimulate the nerves and brain, it may be the reason why they are easy to do telepathy. I usually play classical music on my piano and it brings to me unexplainable sensation.