Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

shut up America haters

Cascade

i'll stop hating america as soon as you americans learn that Wales is a country, where Wales is on the globe and that Wales has its own language! :yes:

because its damn right ignorant to say that its a county/state in england <_<

LMAO :lol:

same thing happened with me abroad, "scotland? is that a city in england?"

:no: wasn't a happy chappy

:D

Edited by expandmymind

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• ExpandMyMind

• eqgumby

• questionmark

i'll stop hating america as soon as you americans learn that Wales is a country, where Wales is on the globe and that Wales has its own language! :yes:

I've seen this before and wasn't sure how to respond but I have a better understanding now that I've seen others explain it.

You said america and americans several times in your statement. Do you mean just North Americas, or are South Americas included? I'm sure you meant just the yanks (the United States) but you said americans. Why is that you may ask?. It's because the Brits use america as a short-name for the United States. So your basically offended because us yanks use England as a short-name for Great Britain. Granted there are some that don't know the difference but that can be said of folks on both sides of the pond.

Ahh, well. When I was in Australia many years ago, some nice ladies asked where we were from and when we said New Jersey, just south of New York, they said, "Oh! Isn't that near Hollywood?"

There are dumb people everywhere.

Many of them spend time making gross generalizations about other groups of people or countries.

I've seen this before and wasn't sure how to respond but I have a better understanding now that I've seen others explain it.

You said america and americans several times in your statement. Do you mean just North Americas, or are South Americas included? I'm sure you meant just the yanks (the United States) but you said americans. Why is that you may ask?. It's because the Brits use america as a short-name for the United States. So your basically offended because us yanks use England as a short-name for Great Britain. Granted there are some that don't know the difference but that can be said of folks on both sides of the pond.

south america is probably included... but argentina is excused :yes:

Don't count on that. I've had to tell people in this country when they ask me where I'm from that Vermont is a state..one of the United. :lol:

Yeah, but America's glass is like that thick, bullet-proof type.

not lately...it is more like the microscope object glasses

Since when do whales have their own country? Language, yeah, I know, all that squeaking and squealing, but what do giant ocean-mammals need with land? :ph34r:

Personally, I agree with most of the rant. I've heard MANY "America haters" say things that are absurdly inaccurate. Even in this VERY thread already! Even MORE stunning, I hear people of some nationalities accuse America of doing somethings that their very OWN government did in the 60's and 70's, when the reality is that America (in general of course) is trying to UNDO damage done by colonialist Europeans! Add to that, getting "called out" by some countries (or people in the countries) for NOT doing anything about other countries problems, like "why doesn't America step in and stop the tragedies in Darfur" which I have actually HEARD people from other countries say...so on one hand we DARE to be "world police", and on the other we DARE to NOT be the worlds fire-department and ambulance service...sometimes it's disheartening.

your statement loses it's point though when your own president refers to you as 'americans'.

you had me until i realised that.

when the reality is that America (in general of course) is trying to UNDO damage done by colonialist Europeans!

of course! that's what i was missing. it all makes sense now (the millions of unnecessary deaths caused by american governments). :blink:

LOL. That rant was funny. I was born and raised in the U.S. and I love it. But this type of abuse against other people for the same thing you are accusing them of is ridiculous. The whole rant is the equivilant of screaming, red faced, that you're not angry.

of course! that's what i was missing. it all makes sense now (the millions of unnecessary deaths caused by american governments). :blink:

Exactly, it's obviously all Americas fault, I mean no European country has colonized and then abused, abandoned, murdered, marginalized or enslaved a native population in the last 100 years, right?

Exactly, it's obviously all Americas fault, I mean no European country has colonized and then abused, abandoned, murdered, marginalized or enslaved a native population in the last 100 years, right?

what's america's fault? what the hell are you talking about? if you're referring to the wars you have participated in and engineered, then it would seem that you are claiming that they are somehow of no fault of you're own government. :blink::blink: need i tell you what's wrong with that viewpoint?

and i see that you are of the voice that screams, 'well other countries have done it, so you now can't say anything about us doing it right now, or the fact we done it in the (recent) past'. 'cause that makes a lot of sense... very productive.

Edited by expandmymind

America should be ashamed of itself (Massachusetts resident btw)

its full of bible thumpers (and other religious morons), non voters, and misogynist pro-lifers who want to use an umbilical cord as a leash on women.

now we have the possibility of universal health care and renewable resources becoming a reality and they're all nodding their sheeple heads to what fox news tells them.

if you want people to stop being ashamed of America then stop doing shameful things.

Isn't Britian in Iraq and Afganistan as well LOL

As far as North Americans or South Americans go the U.S. is the only one to refer to themselves as Americans. The rest of us here wouldn't dare do that LOL

Oh and guys don't hack on the Whales there endangered and need our help LOL

Stardrive, it is Canada's fault, we have been planning this for years hehe ;) It's Canada's turn to drive LOL

Edited by The Silver Thong

:lol:

:lol:

It would be funnier if it wasn't so true. I'm thinking about starting a breeding program to help the Whales numbers increase LOL

you mean Wales right? :ph34r:

Well if you mean our trillion dollar military yes, but that's not what I meant.

Edit: oh, you must be talking about how thick some of our skulls are. That's univeral as well.

I was kidding...

ok!....let me start!.......weather you want to or not be referred as a minority.your country sux.......and believe me....it's ok....if your proud of it....good on you!........where i am...there are no food stamps......yes we have homeless and people going without........but we are a much smaller country..........for instance.....when you have a baby here....the gov give you with in 7 days of the birth 5 thousand dollars.....and your hospital stay depending on the hospital is free..........all i'm saying is....here!...they care that our country and people are given the best opportunity possible........i don't see the same care in America.....jmo :hmm:

and who pays for that 5 thousand dollars.

too bad all what was written there means nothing :rolleyes:

what's america's fault? what the hell are you talking about? if you're referring to the wars you have participated in and engineered, then it would seem that you are claiming that they are somehow of no fault of you're own government. :blink::blink: need i tell you what's wrong with that viewpoint?

and i see that you are of the voice that screams, 'well other countries have done it, so you now can't say anything about us doing it right now, or the fact we done it in the (recent) past'. 'cause that makes a lot of sense... very productive.

That would be sarcasm, I think it was lost in the writing.

My point is that those who scream about American imperialists trying to "take over" or colonize a country, are simply wrong. I don't believe it is in Americas interests to "take over" these countries, and seriously, if that was the intent, things would happen in a much different manner.

And I am not "of the voice" that says other countries have done it...I am of the voice that says, "We aren't doing the same thing as these other countries have done in the past, so stop accusing us of doing it." There is a HUGE difference.

What's not productive, is vilifying an entire country. Or accusing a country of something they aren't actually doing, and rationalizing it by saying "Oh, that's just how THEY are."

In the most recent situations, America is accused of invading countries for their oil, as if America is actually appropriating oil fields for its personal use. I only wish that was the case.

Here is a question. Do you know of all the things that happened in Rwanda? Who do you hold responsible for that?

Here's another. What (or who) drove the Vietnamese to communism, and the eventual involvement of the US and other allies into that misguided disaster of a war?

What country (or government) had the most to lose by the removal of Saddam Hussein as the leader of Iraq?

These are questions that no one wants to answer. They are valid if you apply the answers to these questions, to the US's frequent involvement in what you call "wars you have participated in and engineered".

And I am not "of the voice" that says other countries have done it...I am of the voice that says, "We aren't doing the same thing as these other countries have done in the past, so stop accusing us of doing it." There is a HUGE difference.

i take your point, but economic and subversive empires are empires none the less. just because the execution of control has evolved, doesn't necesseraly mean there is any moral high ground to be had.