Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ny votes against......

shaka5

This isn’t about equal rights for human beings it is about trying to make different types of behavior equal.

How would you like it if I were to limit your rights just because ME PERSONALY do not like or condone your behaviour. How about I become president and take away people's idiotic right to own a gun. Ohhh now I'm infringing on your rights LOL

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TRUEYOUTRUEME

• The Silver Thong

• Cadetak

• HerNibs

How would you like it if I were to limit your rights just because ME PERSONALY do not like or condone your behaviour. How about I become president and take away people's idiotic right to own a gun. Ohhh now I'm infringing on your rights LOL

It has nothing to do with any one person’s opinion as you claim. It has to do with giving everyone an equal right to representation on the issue. There is never an issue that everyone agrees on so there are always some people who feel the law is wrong.

This isn’t about equal rights for human beings it is about trying to make different types of behavior equal.

Behavior?...what the hell are you talking about?...don't all humans have sex?...its the same exact behavior, doesn't matter if its 2 guys or 2 females...its still sex....question, how do you feel when you see a gay couple kissing?...does it really bother you that much?

Ive stayed outta this thread intentionaly. But decided im going to throw my 2 cents in anyway. On this issue, I often find myself sitting on the fence. On one hand, I know God would have me stay away from the issue. Not fight for or against. Least thats how I feel. On the other hand, I understand our great need to be united against tyranny. For homosexuals to see someone like myself support thier cause, for the sake of civil rights alone, regardless of how I feel personaly about thier life style, makes me think they might stand by my side when freedoms a person like me loves are in danger. I know that my struggles against tryanny can be far more effective with them. Not has striaghts or homosexuals, but as Americans. United we stand, and divided we fall. I think those words are as true today as any other. Ive decided that if the Good Lord has given all men freedom, or free will, who am I to stand in the way? You wont see me at any gay pride parade, but I cant bring myself to vote no to thier cause either.

Behavior?...what the hell are you talking about?...don't all humans have sex?...its the same exact behavior, doesn't matter if its 2 guys or 2 females...its still sex....question, how do you feel when you see a gay couple kissing?...does it really bother you that much?

Personaly for me, to see gay guys kissing, it makes me cringe. And that has nothing to do with Christianity, cause I have always felt that way. It isnt even something I can help, its just my natural reaction. As far as 2 chics making out, I plead the 5th. ;)

I bet it probably arouses him thats why he hates it so much.

Trueyou, quote

"It has nothing to do with any one person’s opinion as you claim. It has to do with giving everyone an equal right to representation"

Your a hypocrite.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Ive stayed outta this thread intentionaly. But decided im going to throw my 2 cents in anyway. On this issue, I often find myself sitting on the fence. On one hand, I know God would have me stay away from the issue. Not fight for or against. Least thats how I feel. On the other hand, I understand our great need to be united against tyranny. For homosexuals to see someone like myself support thier cause, for the sake of civil rights alone, regardless of how I feel personaly about thier life style, makes me think they might stand by my side when freedoms a person like me loves are in danger. I know that my struggles against tryanny can be far more effective with them. Not has striaghts or homosexuals, but as Americans. United we stand, and divided we fall. I think those words are as true today as any other. Ive decided that if the Good Lord has given all men freedom, or free will, who am I to stand in the way? You wont see me at any gay pride parade, but I cant bring myself to vote no to thier cause either.

:tu:

Nibs

Personaly for me, to see gay guys kissing, it makes me cringe. And that has nothing to do with Christianity, cause I have always felt that way. It isnt even something I can help, its just my natural reaction. As far as 2 chics making out, I plead the 5th. ;)

lmao...good ol american girl on girl....

but back on topic, lol....2 guys kissing really don't bother me...not even a little, its just crazy how he said behavior like straight people aren't doing the same thing

:tu:

Nibs

Thanks. My POV on this subject often gets me in hot water from boths sides. Gay folks cant seem to understand that its possible for me to support them, even though I refuse to moraly condone the life style. And my brothers in Christ cant seem to understand that I dont support the gay life style moraly, even though I support there right to be free. These are very big mountains to over come, and Im afraid for the most part I have to stand alone.

Thanks. My POV on this subject often gets me in hot water from boths sides. Gay folks cant seem to understand that its possible for me to support them, even though I refuse to moraly condone the life style. And my brothers in Christ cant seem to understand that I dont support the gay life style moraly, even though I support there right to be free. These are very big mountains to over come, and Im afraid for the most part I have to stand alone.

:)

Sometimes doing the right thing is doing a lonely thing.

Good for you.

Nibs

This isn't about equal rights for human beings it is about trying to make different types of behavior equal.

Please explain the difference as it applies to Gay Marriage.

You know now that I think about it I don't think I have ever seen 2 guys kissing out in public just on t.v. I would probably just smirk and say "get a room" LOL The 2 chicks though (no comment) LOL

:)

Sometimes doing the right thing is doing a lonely thing.

Good for you.

Nibs

Amen to that.

I think I get more frustrated with my Christian brothers than I do with homosexuals. Especialy recently, cause many of us feel our civil rights are being stripped. We talk all the time about resorting the constitution, down sizing government and bringing liberty back. But when it comes to gay rights, they just cant seem to understand the difference between a moral disagreement, and legislation that takes away what we were told the American dream was.

Dont get me wrong though, I got nothing but Love for my friends in Christ. I just think they havent spent enough time thinking about the true meaning of freedom. Its the same on both sides though. Many will tell you it should (and in some cases has) become a crime to even speak out against homosexuality. The division is so great, I dont think the walls can ever be taken down.

so we need to vote on giving equal rights to human beings?

I would rather vote, then be dictated to by a judge who's politics could be anywhere on the map. In favor of or against, it is not fair to the public that one person makes decisions for them, with no input. Legislators can be replaced, judges are for life.

I do not thing all sexual behaviors are equal. I know... you're going to say that Everyone does Every wild Freaky thing. But, that is really not true.

It could be worse. Simply being accused of homosexuality in some African nations carries the Death Penalty.

On the less deathly side, Washington DC just passed Same Sex Marriage. The city council, which has 2 openly gay members, voted to install the law. And they plan to fight to prevent any public vote on the issue, and it looks like they could succeed, at least till different people are elected to the Council.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hmDPNd8fQhi6xqIs24hM5cZPRrRA

I would rather vote, then be dictated to by a judge who's politics could be anywhere on the map.

Ideally justice is blind to politics. Voting will not garantee you what you want either. IF the law passed by popular acclaim (which is only done in very few states for very few issues) is unconstitutional, it's unconstitutional. Even if 100% of everyone in the country voted for it. You may not like it but that's our system of government.

I do not thing all sexual behaviors are equal. I know... you're going to say that Everyone does Every wild Freaky thing. But, that is really not true.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hmDPNd8fQhi6xqIs24hM5cZPRrRA

lesbians preform oral sex on each other, as do straight couples...homosexual men have *spam filter* with each other, as do some straight couples...its still the same "behavior" as you put it. So by your logic and straight couple doing the same things homosexual couples do are behaving poorly or however you wanna put it....still don't see the hole in your logic?....or do you think that homosexual couples have some type of super freaky sex that we don't know about?

lesbians preform oral sex on each other, as do straight couples...homosexual men have *spam filter* with each other, as do some straight couples...its still the same "behavior" as you put it. So by your logic and straight couple doing the same things homosexual couples do are behaving poorly or however you wanna put it....still don't see the hole in your logic?....or do you think that homosexual couples have some type of super freaky sex that we don't know about?

:w00t:

That was pretty good man !!! Totally got it. I'm sure there are many straight people out there doing things that many gay people would never do LOL Bad behaviour on there part, oh ya. To funny ;)

Well Preacherman, as a fellow Christian, I agree 100% with you. However, I might a bit more liberal. I'll actively fight for their rights. It's not my place to judge anyone's sex life unless they are commiting a felony (but do I really need to explain that?).

It can be a lonely place to stand, but trust me, there are more that think like you do than you might imagine.

preacherman76

I really like the way you explained from your personal religious take. I would like to see more of this from the entirety. You know I'm not a Christian however I think we might have more in common than we know LOL That was a really great post back there. When people need to come together the more the better if you have a cause. Not the bickering but a cause, the people will stand together and fight for the freedom your constitution provides. We are all equal.

Edited by The Silver Thong

lmao...good ol american girl on girl....

but back on topic, lol....2 guys kissing really don't bother me...not even a little, its just crazy how he said behavior like straight people aren't doing the same thing

I'm just hoping this way of thinking goes out with our parents generation. Our generation is much more tolerant to the rights of others. Just think, in our Parents and Grandparents days people felt the same exact way about interacial marriage. All the same arguments that people are complaining about Gay Marriage were used in Interacial marriage debate as well so hopefull as our kids grow up the Gay marriage debate will seem as old and archaic as the ban on interacial marriage back in the 50s &60s

Wow, this has to be one of most open minded and insightful things I've seen you post since I've been here :blink:

Off topic- Aww, they closed the Booty thread, we can't have any fun :cry:

Oh, and no guys that wasn't me,(though I wish it was)!!! It was Serena Williams, pro tennis player.......

Ok back on topic now, Legalize Gay Marriage :tu:

Edited by Kim81

I'm just hoping this way of thinking goes out with our parents generation. Our generation is much more tolerant to the rights of others. Just think, in our Parents and Grandparents days people felt the same exact way about interacial marriage. All the same arguments that people are complaining about Gay Marriage were used in Interacial marriage debate as well so hopefull as our kids grow up the Gay marriage debate will seem as old and archaic as the ban on interacial marriage back in the 50s &60s

your so right kim, i've always said that all the non sense will die out with the older generation...i say it all the time, old people are nuts, lol. I think it'll all change, but just not fast enough...i had friends who worked at the NY Mets stadium but didn't wanna work one night because it was gay pride night, it was sad...that people don't understand that they're just people like everyone else...i guess Gay is the new black :w00t:

Wow, this has to be one of most open minded and insightful things I've seen you post since I've been here :blink:

Hats off to Preacher, seriously

Ohh you're one of those "people choose to be gay" people aren't you?

Don't people also choose to believe in certain deities? That's a divisive right too, but one that you Americans protect like nobodies business.