Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pictured: Mythical white stag found in the

Still Waters

White stags have long been associated with mythology and legend, an elusive yet magnificent beast.

King Arthur was left frustrated by his attempts to capture one, as were the Kings and Queens of Narnia, who chased the creature through the woods and found themselves tumbling out of a wardrobe.

But photographer Ken Grindle has managed to get a little bit closer, taking this picture of the animal in the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire.

arrow3.gifRead more...

That is a beautiful animal. Make a nice Yule card.

King Arthur was left frustrated by his attempts to capture one, as were the Kings and Queens of Narnia, who chased the creature through the woods and found themselves tumbling out of a wardrobe.

:D

let me get figured out

White stag = good

white tiger = bad

is that a faint smell of hypocsary I smell?

Let me clarify for you:

White tigers in captivity= bad as they are result of generations of incestuous breeding aimed soley at perpetrating the white coat colour for nothing other than selfish human pleasure

white tigers in the wild= interesting as a rare natural occurence

White stag=interesting as a rare natural occurence

For anyone who has seen Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban. Is this(white stag)what that is in that scene where Harry and Serious are about to be killed by those flying "Demontors", then they are saved by supposedly Harry's dad, but right before there is this glowing white deer thing. The movie made no mention to it. Just saw the movies last night.

it's quite magnificent :)

Agreed! Would this be considered as an albino animal or is it just the fur itself that is white?

Ok. Not ablinkin-mewsed.!

NO! Do not tell me to go to this, do that, blah blinkin blah!!! I Will not tamper with my internet connection/Server? blow blinkin blogs, again.

Last time I did, I had to get a guy out to the house, remove my computer and return was in several days,- not funny!!!

I just cannont get the daily.mail links!!

Ok. Not ablinkin-mewsed.!

NO! Do not tell me to go to this, do that, blah blinkin blah!!! I Will not tamper with my internet connection/Server? blow blinkin blogs, again.

Last time I did, I had to get a guy out to the house, remove my computer and return was in several days,- not funny!!!

I just cannont get the daily.mail links!!

These are the pics in the article link :)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/12/06/article-1233644-077E2959000005DC-941_634x342.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/12/06/article-1233644-077F9814000005DC-228_634x404.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/12/06/article-1233644-077F9950000005DC-229_634x286.jpg

I saw a white stag in Real Life once when I was a kid, about 30 years ago. Saw it across a ravine on Government land. It was a exciting experience.

Lot of colour variation in the Fallow population around here (East Sussex),seen pure black,dark grey and blonde (wait for the jokes !),and all sorts in between.Never seen a white one yet,but many pubs called The White Hart,which around here means a Roebuck,believe in other parts of the UK,hart means a Red Stag?

I've seen two white deer in my 65 years of life in the Pacific Northwest of the USA. Too bad I didn't have a gun to shoot em' with.

Odie

Well we have white deer here in America. Though they are actually smaller in stature than white tail and mule deer. I seen a white doe in Iowa about 3 months ago.

They are beautiful animals. I can see why they reached mythical status. Maybe they just aren't as rare now as they used to be. They need to be protected.

I really enjoy this post! I have read all the books of Narnia just recently, *as a adult I actually take time to read stuff I should of* and being away from UM this really brightened my night :)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

there is a herd of 500 in New York, on a Nature Reserve, look up 'Unicorn sitings CBS news'. i know it sounds weird to call them unicorns but tell CBS that.

Stunning animal.