Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World will not end in 2012: NASA

Avishek Ghosh

LONDON: In a rare campaign to dispel rumors fueled by the Internet and a new Hollywood movie titled '2012', NASA officials have said that the

world is not coming to an end on December 21, 2012. :D

read full content in the link

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News-By-Industry/ET-Cetera/World-will-not-end-in-2012-NASA/articleshow/5215028.cms

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brakzar Break

• TheSearcher

• thisisthepainkiller

• Skillet67

Wait I am sooo confused now.

Hasn't it been James Hansen and NASA that have been screaming that the sky is falling and that mankind is killing the earth for the past decade or so?

Now NASA claims the earth isn't going to die?

I wonder what kind of drugs NASA is taking.

Maybe they are inhaling CO2.

Edited by TRUEYOUTRUEME

Hasn't it been James Hansen and NASA that have been screaming that the sky is falling and that mankind is killing the earth for the past decade or so?

Well you shouldn't be so confused, They've been screaming all that all the time, but it's not going to happen in 2012.

I don't think NASA came out(Now in the article) and said earth isn't going to die, They just said world will not end in 2012.

Man alive, where to start???

Yes, NASA has made a big deal about global warming etc. But no, they know the rubbish surrounding 2012 is just that: rubbish. Are the two really that hard to separate in your head?

Man alive, where to start???

Yes, NASA has made a big deal about global warming etc. But no, they know the rubbish surrounding 2012 is just that: rubbish. Are the two really that hard to separate in your head?

A female body goes through a 'menstrual cycle,' right? A female also goes through 'menopause.' So, the example would demonstrate that the time of giving life comes to an end and the female is released from that responsibility. Menopause has become synonymous with hysterectomy.

The earth has earned a few titles. Some of those are 'Mother Earth,' 'Gaia,' etc. The temperament of the earth is also given a title, 'nature.' Mother earth has a mother nature. What I'm getting to is the earth is female in nature. It goes through cycles also.

Has the earth begun a period of menopause? If it has, what has to be taken out? History has proven time and again that most life will be taken away and then what remains will be allowed to resume. My prediction is based on known cycles. This year, 2009, is the end of a cycle that has lasted 790,000 years without interruption. The 'periods' are usually 250,000 years. (This is NASA's data)

The sun goes through its 11 year cycle of flip-flops for 250,000 years earth time and then then the earth flip-flops. It was 790,000 years ago that the earth flip-flopped. That's 3 times the number of years that it happens, according to NASA. So we should have flip-flopped 3 times and we did not. The dates 2009 - 2012 will be a period of extreme heat and deadly cold.

We will know in 2013.

A female body goes through a 'menstrual cycle,' right? A female also goes through 'menopause.' So, the example would demonstrate that the time of giving life comes to an end and the female is released from that responsibility. Menopause has become synonymous with hysterectomy.

The earth has earned a few titles. Some of those are 'Mother Earth,' 'Gaia,' etc. The temperament of the earth is also given a title, 'nature.' Mother earth has a mother nature. What I'm getting to is the earth is female in nature. It goes through cycles also.

Has the earth begun a period of menopause? If it has, what has to be taken out? History has proven time and again that most life will be taken away and then what remains will be allowed to resume. My prediction is based on known cycles. This year, 2009, is the end of a cycle that has lasted 790,000 years without interruption. The 'periods' are usually 250,000 years. (This is NASA's data)

The sun goes through its 11 year cycle of flip-flops for 250,000 years earth time and then then the earth flip-flops. It was 790,000 years ago that the earth flip-flopped. That's 3 times the number of years that it happens, according to NASA. So we should have flip-flopped 3 times and we did not. The dates 2009 - 2012 will be a period of extreme heat and deadly cold.

We will know in 2013.

You really think that everything is related to your flip-flop cycle, don't you?

• 2 weeks later...

Even if NASA says that the world will end in 2012,i wont believe in that.No one knows the end of the world.

When a Government agency goes to that length to calm people down one should be verrrrrrrry careful and take serious notice.

They are scared out of their boots.

When a Government agency goes to that length to calm people down one should be verrrrrrrry careful and take serious notice.

When goverment officials calming people down....only one sign..... RUN! B)

I dont believe in 2012, however I don't think the Government would come out and tell the masses if something was going to happen. lol, I mean cmon.. That'd be a terrible idea. So NASA saying this really doesn't matter all that much..

Thank God we have NASA around to set us straight.

YAY for NASA.

At least NASA has thought about it and understands that people are going to get crazier the closer we get to 2012. But if NASA starts shooting up rockets everyday in an attempt to find "earth like places/planets" you know somwthing is up.

I gotta say, if the Earth starts menstruating I hope I have a raincoat or an umbrella close at hand.

Moon dust, much?

Its not as if everything NASA says is true is it? But I'm with NASA..the world is certainly not going to end in 2012.

What lengths? You mean having a one page Q & A on their website? Those lengths?

Really people, this has to be one of the worst conspiracy theories/doomsday prophecies ever conceived. There is not a shred of evidence to support it, and only the gullible and uneducated would buy into it. No offense to anyone, but seriously, wake up.

Its not as if everything NASA says is true is it? But I'm with NASA..the world is certainly not going to end in 2012.

Well said no end of the world in 2012. All the work of panic mongers as usual.

In 2012, nothing catastrophic will occur.

well, the world probably wont end, but something big will happen

like what?

or do you mean big, like, people realizing they were wrong and that Nothing happened.

Regardless of who said what, I have plans for 2012 and nothing short of the second coming is going to make me change them.

Regardless of who said what, I have plans for 2012 and nothing short of the second coming is going to make me change them.

Ditto here and even the second coming is not going to change them.