Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saudi Arabia to execute TV psychic

UM-Bot

Saudi Arabia is the heart of terrorism and radicalism. No doubt in my mind after 9/11 we should have swarmed that god forsaken country.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• glyndowers heir

• Space Commander Travis

• Stardrive

Thank you for the insight glyndowers heir. You do believe it is only a matter of time before they are forced to join the rest of the world and forgo such barbaric practices?

Yes, they probably will go through a similar process to our own cultural change following our industrial revolution, except that theirs will be much quicker, due to the fact that they can benefit from industrial advances without having to go through the lengthy process of discovering how to build machinery and create an engineering infrastructure - all they have to do is 'buy it in off the shelf' as it were!

They have a massive program of Saudisation of key industries where all the stops are pulled out to get their own people trained - by sending them to western universities - this means more of their people get exposed to the western way of life and the rewards that brings. Thus a larger proportion of Saudi nationals will want a similar lifestyle when they return to KSA. Being 'Local' they understand their system and will be able to bring about change within it at a suitable pace - one that 'modernises' their cultural outlook as fast as possible without outraging those in their society who want the traditional ways retaining. IE Evolution rather than revolution.

I am sure that one day (probably not in our lifetimes though) the Saudi people will view their current system and law with as much sorrow and incredulity as we view some of our historical episodes such as the Inquisition, Salem Witch hunts, persecution of religious followers etc

Come on, he must not have been a very good Psychic!!!!

(think about it)

I agree,

however if he had also trained as a contortionist he could have seen his own end! :innocent:

The irony is that Mr Tony Blair, the former president of the United Kingdom, was saying only today, in an attempt to justify his Iraq adventure, that it didn't really matter if Saddam Hussein didn't actually have nay weapons of massive destruction, since he was still a tyrant who didn't have any regard for human rights or freedom of speech, & c.

What i'd like to know about the Saudi' is what do they constitute as witchcraft?

Is there some book out in the desert saying; "Thou mus'nt sacrifice thy goat upon thee ultar" or is it more vague like "Thee magics beg thy Gods to be dirty" ??? I just don't get it...

Like some guy goes over to Saudi and tells a cop, "Your wife is pregnant and she will have a strong healthy boy"... is the cop suposed to turn around and be like "WHAT!? You shall now be held in prison and be exicuted for you magics".

Not exactly, but try to understand that their religion is based on total obedience and subservience to a higher being who they call Allah, who

under their religious doctrine, is the only perfect being and thus the only being who knows all including what the future holds - hence their use of the Phrase 'inshallah' or if god wills it in response to any question or statement regarding future events EG 'I will see you at work tomorrow? -yes inshallah!'

Therefore to their beliefs, any imperfect being ie a man who claims to see the future etc, is claiming to be godlike and is therefore insulting their beliefs or is blaspheming.Under their laws - designed for their culture remember, this requires the ultimate penalty.

This is a difficult viewpoint for 'modern western' folks to understand and thus seems barbaric, but remember we were still hanging children for stealing food not that long ago in the history of mankind.

Not exactly, but try to understand that their religion is based on total obedience and subservience to a higher being who they call Allah, who

under their religious doctrine, is the only perfect being and thus the only being who knows all including what the future holds - hence their use of the Phrase 'inshallah' or if god wills it in response to any question or statement regarding future events EG 'I will see you at work tomorrow? -yes inshallah!'

Therefore to their beliefs, any imperfect being ie a man who claims to see the future etc, is claiming to be godlike and is therefore insulting their beliefs or is blaspheming.Under their laws - designed for their culture remember, this requires the ultimate penalty.

This is a difficult viewpoint for 'modern western' folks to understand and thus seems barbaric, but remember we were still hanging children for stealing food not that long ago in the history of mankind.

Correct. Not to mention that it is believed that witchcraft is like partnership with the devil. Though I have to admit the man was foolish to claim he is a psychic in Saudia Arabia where the government is filled with religious extremists. He should have known that. Let us not blame this on the rules of Islam, it may be what the government is basing their judgment on, but they are just ridiculous extremist. Islam only forbids the followers to practice so called witchcraft, not to execute those who do. I have been thoroughly desensitized by these types of things. Nothing surprises me anymore. I may be cruel when I say he had it coming.

Lady Dianne (:

Edited by LadyxDianne

Another example of how the allies that the US depends on in the fight against terrorism are such beacons of civilised values.

I know. It always amazes me the lengths we go to maintain friendly relations with a country that stones people to death for witchcraft, makes it illegal for women to drive, and so on.

The best to fight this type of behavior is to change our way of life, research means of energy that doesn't make us dependent on those countries.

One of the richest countries in the world still kills people for something that doesn't exist. You would think they would be past that by now.

Yes, they probably will go through a similar process to our own cultural change following our industrial revolution, except that theirs will be much quicker, due to the fact that they can benefit from industrial advances without having to go through the lengthy process of discovering how to build machinery and create an engineering infrastructure - all they have to do is 'buy it in off the shelf' as it were!

They have a massive program of Saudisation of key industries where all the stops are pulled out to get their own people trained - by sending them to western universities - this means more of their people get exposed to the western way of life and the rewards that brings. Thus a larger proportion of Saudi nationals will want a similar lifestyle when they return to KSA. Being 'Local' they understand their system and will be able to bring about change within it at a suitable pace - one that 'modernises' their cultural outlook as fast as possible without outraging those in their society who want the traditional ways retaining. IE Evolution rather than revolution.

I am sure that one day (probably not in our lifetimes though) the Saudi people will view their current system and law with as much sorrow and incredulity as we view some of our historical episodes such as the Inquisition, Salem Witch hunts, persecution of religious followers etc

I hope you are right, one would expect and like to hope so. What has always bothered me is that the oldest places of Human settlement seem to be the most backward hell holes on earth. People slaughter each other and live in mud huts, yet look at NZ, Australia, the US, all colonized in the last 500 years, and we have police that police, swimming pools, air conditioning and plasma tellies - and we can walk the streets at night and return home. Flame throwers are fitted to cars in South Africa. 2,000 years and still at the bottom of the technological food chain. Australia is 200 years old and a first world country. How do people live there so long and get nowhere when the rest of the world develops around them? Is it purely corruption? Why is SA still hanging witches when Japan is putting voice control on family cars? How did we get such disparity? Why is the gap maintained? Should we not just disband the UN? It seems a pointless exercise.

Sorry, I do not expect answers, I do not now if they exist even, just a rant. All that to say WTF?

:)

I know. It always amazes me the lengths we go to maintain friendly relations with a country that stones people to death for witchcraft, makes it illegal for women to drive, and so on.

Now that could have benefits................

funny-pictures-female-driver-insurance-0mD.jpg

JUST JOKES

The biggie is we have moved on, and provided a working example. The Thirty Years war was one of the most destructive conflicts in European history, but probably one that many people today are actually grateful for as it separated Church and State, yet the Saudi's seem quite happy to stick heads in the sand and keep going with religious law? One wonder's if this insistence will regress the entire globe as should as WWIII break out, and the ever increasing numbers in that religion gain dominance, the rest of the world can only go backwards?

For one thing, the Saudi's don't control the worlds oil supply. Do the research if your in doubt.

For another, I would rather live in a country that's a trillion in debt than I would in country that's patrolled by the Inquisition, ahem I mean the Mutaween police.

if the opus dei had its way ..... ;)

Correct. Not to mention that it is believed that witchcraft is like partnership with the devil. Though I have to admit the man was foolish to claim he is a psychic in Saudia Arabia where the government is filled with religious extremists. He should have known that. Let us not blame this on the rules of Islam, it may be what the government is basing their judgment on, but they are just ridiculous extremist. Islam only forbids the followers to practice so called witchcraft, not to execute those who do. I have been thoroughly desensitized by these types of things. Nothing surprises me anymore. I may be cruel when I say he had it coming.

Lady Dianne (:

He was a psychic in Lebanon where he had a TV show, he just came to visit the Saudis.... who used his tv show against him. In Saudi Arabia, all of us readers of the Unexplained Mysteries would be executed also... (Thanks me, I would never go there)

• 1 month later...

A psychic...who couldn't foresee his being charged, arrested, prosecuted, convicted, and executed? He can't have been much good. I say: "forget about witchcraft, and stone him to death for fraud." Fakes like this give genuine psychics a bad name.

A psychic...who couldn't foresee his being charged, arrested, prosecuted, convicted, and executed? He can't have been much good. I say: "forget about witchcraft, and stone him to death for fraud." Fakes like this give genuine psychics a bad name.

:rolleyes: From what I've seen, there are two types of psychics: fraud psychics, and the well-meaning-but-deluded psychics. I'm yet to see any real ones - all I'm looking for is one scientifically documented case... but hey, nothing. Psychics already have a bad name as being either fraudulent or silly.

This barbaric act gives Saudi Arabia, and Muslims, a bad name.

:rolleyes: From what I've seen, there are two types of psychics: fraud psychics, and the well-meaning-but-deluded psychics. I'm yet to see any real ones - all I'm looking for is one scientifically documented case... but hey, nothing. Psychics already have a bad name as being either fraudulent or silly.

This barbaric act gives Saudi Arabia, and Muslims, a bad name.

I agree

ah that's marvelous news, phew thank goodness.

Whenever I've watched these TV psychics I've always thought, someone please..please

execute them.

what?

yeah but the're psychics and see it coming a mile off.

Edited by chemical-licker