Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Bigfoot photo from motion-activated cam

IronGhost

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• DieChecker

• _Only

• glyndowers heir

That would be the Fakest of Fakest photos that i have ever seen(moderator) do you chek all the story's before posting them? <_<

Apparently, 'Ol Footy is moonlighting as an goth crab fisherman. He must need to kill-off the hours, or something.

Edited by ~Onyx~

Looks pretty fake to me. Best example of possible evidence of Bigfoot/Yeti that I've ever seen was a one page photo in National Geographic many years ago of a carnival exhibit of an ape/hominid type frozen in a block of ice. Creature had reddish brown hair, was male, and according to the text stank to high heaven. Creature appeared to have been shot in the eye by large caliber weapon. Exhibit then dissapeared. Nat. Geo published the photo without making any claims one way or the other. This was long ago before I got interested in this stuff (was probably between 1973 and late 1980's). I haven't been able to get to a library and find the damn thing again!! (Should of saved all those Nat. Geos but combined weight was collapsing the house!!)

Looks pretty fake to me. Best example of possible evidence of Bigfoot/Yeti that I've ever seen was a one page photo in National Geographic many years ago of a carnival exhibit of an ape/hominid type frozen in a block of ice. Creature had reddish brown hair, was male, and according to the text stank to high heaven. Creature appeared to have been shot in the eye by large caliber weapon. Exhibit then dissapeared. Nat. Geo published the photo without making any claims one way or the other. This was long ago before I got interested in this stuff (was probably between 1973 and late 1980's). I haven't been able to get to a library and find the damn thing again!! (Should of saved all those Nat. Geos but combined weight was collapsing the house!!)

The Minesota Iceman.

Minnesota_iceman.jpg

MinnesotaIceMan.jpg

the guy who created this hoax will be happy to know that we talk about his masterpiece on a great forum like UM....

Nightwalker beat me to it, but that'd be the one.

Verne Langadon was approached to build it but declined. Not sure who ended up making it.

A Dubious story at best. Although Ivan Sanderson and Bernard Heuvelmans examined the exhibit and concluded it to be a real creature (due to the smell of putrefaction to exposed parts, funny, I remember hearing the exact same line when the Georgian Biff was in question) the Iceman was shown to be a fake, but Frank Hansen claimed he still had an original stashed and replaced it with a fake. As soon as John Napier, as requested by the Smithsonian, wanted to take a look it, the "body" mysteriously vanished, and still remains missing.

The article was in Argosy Magazine. Sanderson was interviewed.

Personally, I find the most intriguing case to date to be the Pangboche hand.

Edited by psyche101

the guy who created this hoax will be happy to know that we talk about his masterpiece on a great forum like UM....

It was only made in the 60's, there is a good chance the creator is still around. Who knows, possibly perusing this thread.

Don't those motion sensing cameras usually activate as the moving thing enters the frame? The alleged creature is well past the center of the frame and on its way out. Unless there were pictures prior to this one that is a bit odd.

Oh yes, it does look like a man in a suit.

Don't those motion sensing cameras usually activate as the moving thing enters the frame? The alleged creature is well past the center of the frame and on its way out. Unless there were pictures prior to this one that is a bit odd.

Oh yes, it does look like a man in a suit.

Has anyone thought how dangerous it would be to dress in a monkey suit and move around in the woods? It would be suicide. People get shot in the woods all the time, even wearing hunter orange. KennyB

I never said the man in the suit was hunting (I believe it to be a prankster), I said he would be fairly safe from the hunters as it is illegal to shoot game during the night.

Wrong. Coon hunters can shoot at night. Besides, lots of farmers and ranchers carry pistols if they have to go out at night. There are other dangerous animals that roam at night. Cougars, bears, wild dogs, poachers, thieves, etc. KennyB

Has anyone thought how dangerous it would be to dress in a monkey suit and move around in the woods? It would be suicide. People get shot in the woods all the time, even wearing hunter orange. KennyB

As for people doing dumb and dangerous stuff for no reason, have you ever seen Jackass (the movie)? Nuff said.

Edited by sinewave

Looks like a guy in a homemade threadbare Ghillie suit!

OK. The whole bigfoot claim is controversial to actually know the truth. It is called different things in different places. As for the picture people automatically assume it's fake because of the fact everybody assumes it's fake. Their is evidence that supports the theory of him existing. There are footprints that need about 500 pounds worth of weight to make them. (History channel) Most 500 hundred pound people don't make foot prints that big.

Night Walker; Psyche 101...thanks for the info. The picture posted by Night Walker is not the one that was in National Geo (you could clearly see where "it" was shot in the eye) but the rest of the story you folks posted sounds correct. Too bad it was a fake or at least unverified.

Sorry but the only appropriate response to the pic is

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OK. The whole bigfoot claim is controversial to actually know the truth. It is called different things in different places. As for the picture people automatically assume it's fake because of the fact everybody assumes it's fake. Their is evidence that supports the theory of him existing. There are footprints that need about 500 pounds worth of weight to make them. (History channel) Most 500 hundred pound people don't make foot prints that big.

It isn't a theory it is an idea. Footprints are not evidence for bigfoot they are easy to fake and importantly would only be evidence of an unknown animals footprint.

A very important point, never use the history channel for science. It is awful.

It isn't a theory it is an idea. Footprints are not evidence for bigfoot they are easy to fake and importantly would only be evidence of an unknown animals footprint.

A very important point, never use the history channel for science. It is awful.

what about Monsterquest matt?

:D

Edited by Agent. Mulder

:D

:rofl:

:tu::D

It was always one of my favs too. :)

Edited by sinewave

He said they checked with neighbors and friends, and none of them said they had been in the area at the time of the photo.

Isnt that found in most of the cases like this?

Sherman and Olson are not biologists, but are long-time amateur Bigfoot enthusiasts

With that the story collapses....They are not biologists and have no expert knowledge in any way to justify their claim

If we read properly the remarks of the people upon seeing the photo you will understand another explanation and also that just because they two only know about the position of camera doesnot mean that there is zero probability for faking the photograph

Thanks

B???

Actually, it's not suicide. My cousin has dressed in a gorilla suit several times during camping trips with family and friends. It's hilarious. When there's a new person with us, he sneaks off and dons the gorilla suit and pretends to be a bear. People nearly soil themselves with fear. It's really quite hilarious. He's not been shot yet.

Actually, it's not suicide. My cousin has dressed in a gorilla suit several times during camping trips with family and friends. It's hilarious. When there's a new person with us, he sneaks off and dons the gorilla suit and pretends to be a bear. People nearly soil themselves with fear. It's really quite hilarious. He's not been shot yet.

Any chance of getting footage of that? The soiling, not the shooting, I mean.

No people assume the photograph is a fake because it is blurry, the story does not match and the alleged creature's physique is not that of an 800 pound biped.

There is more "against" the existence of such a creature than there is "for".