Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fetus-in-fetu

howlingwoodfire

Has anyone ever heard of Fetus-in-fetu? It is a true phenomenon. It is where there are two fetuses in a womb and somehow, as they are developing, one fetus becomes embedded inside the other. It usually happens when the fetuses are still eggs or something. Well, as they continue to develop the embedded fetus becomes a parasite. It is a VERY rare condition, but usually the fetus that becomes a baby is perfectly healthy, with the one exception. There have been very few recordered cases of this phenomenon (Two that I know of). There is a type of tumor that has the same characteristics as a fetus-in-fetu. It is a really interesting medical condition.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• noselessman

• Pendekar Timur

• Curiosity

• freaky6

I read about a boy in Romania (I think) who had this condition. No one realised until the parasite twin began to grow or some such thing. It looked like the boy was pregnant because he had this huge bump, and they operated and found his twin! Very freaky.

i saw a man featured on a show called Ripley's Believe it or Not! and he was like 40 and had another face on his face, that moved when his did, doctors said it was his twin that got embedded in him, i also another one that had a guy looking like he was pregnant while really it was his twin was still growing in him, very nasty video ohmy.gif

oh my god...!! ohmy.gif

i never heard that before...!! huh.gif

..by the way...very interesting information.Thanks thumbsup.gif

*shudder* i am glad there is only one pheenix of the sun. VERY glad. dontgetit.gif

Definition

A fetus-in-fetu is an encapsulated, pedunculated vertebrate tumor. It represents a malformed monozygotic, monochorionic diamniotic parasitic twin included in a host (or autosite) twin. Characteristically the fetus-in-fetu complex will be composed of a fibrous membrane (equivalent to the chorioamniotic complex) that contains some fluid (equivalent to the amniotic fluid) and a fetus suspended by a cord or pedicle.

Fetus-in-fetu

OMG I want to see the man with the face on his face..!!

eyecrazy.gif

ewwwwwww!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This mourning I saw an hour long program about it on discover health, I was looking for pictures of it when I found this sight. The episode is called Vanished twins and it discusses several medical conditions like fetus in fetu. the one that is also a tumor is called a taratoma, that may be spelled wrong.

i've heard of this before too, its pretty amazing really... there are also some cases where doctors believe that one feotus ingests the other, which results in the finding of teeth, etc.... years down the track in the other childs stomach

i found a good link for some stuff tho, for those who like to be grossed

parasitic link

edit: you can sort thru the pages to find all the parasitic twins, here's the link for those who want to see the two faced man now

sexy beast awaits

Edited by tigger

blink.gifblink.gif

Well. . . I'd heard of it. . . . but I can't say I've seen any good visuals of it. . . . Good links, you guys. But. . . . I feel so sorry for them. . . . . crying.gif

I also saw the special on discovery health channel on Vanishing Twins, it's very sad, but it was also very informative, it just came on again the other day. I would keep my eyes open for it if you haven't seen it yet. It's quite interesting! thumbsup.gif

Well, it sounded like most of the children with the fetus in fetu syndrome were able to live normal and healthy lives after the abnormality was removed.

I had a vanishing twin.

not fetus in fetu.

its a real thing where two babies begin to form, but one sort of "miscarries" and is absorbed back into the placenta.

i've heard of this before too, its pretty amazing really... there are also some cases where doctors believe that one feotus ingests the other, which results in the finding of teeth, etc.... years down the track in the other childs stomach

i found a good link for some stuff tho, for those who like to be grossed

parasitic link

edit: you can sort thru the pages to find all the parasitic twins, here's the link for those who want to see the two faced man now

sexy beast awaits

those are amazing sites thx for the links thumbsup.gif

I read about a boy in Romania (I think) who had this condition. No one realised until the parasite twin began to grow or some such thing. It looked like the boy was pregnant because he had this huge bump, and they operated and found his twin! Very freaky.

Ithink that was on the telly..... coz i remeber that. couldn't watch it though. quite sad crying.gif