Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A laser pointer-like red light

Fatal

My daughter started complaining about this about an hour ago. She is 10. Once she asked all of us if we were messing with her with a laser pointer and we weren't, she then began saying someone was trying to kill her...bc of the laser pointer type light. She said all of the places she was when she saw it...one of the places was the bathroom which has no windows. (Edit added) I forgot to mention that she keeps seeing it on her.

Edited by MyKoL LoKyM

On 10/31/2011 at 1:45 AM, snoog said:

See the same thing in my house. By myself and with my wife and son. No way it can be coming from outside. No way it can be coming from inside. Drives me nuts. My house is 100 plus years old. Let me know if you if anybody has a clue what it is.

My daughter keeps seeing one on her...for the last hour perhaps. She started seeing it and was alone. Even in the bathroom with no window. She is getting pretty paranoid about it. 

On 3/21/2015 at 10:52 AM, Kleio said:

To: Fatal

I'm responding to your post even though it has been many years since you asked if anyone has had a similar experience. I hope you are still "out there" and haven't deleted your account. Last night, I experienced the same thing you did. Today, I googled "red laser paranormal" and came across this website with your post. Like you, there is NO WAY it could have been someone else with a laser. The only people in the house were me and my husband and he was in the kitchen and I could see him clearly. I was sitting in the front room (all windows have shades drawn) and a red laser zig-zagged across my living room wall. About two minutes later, it did it again, and another five minutes later, again. The first two times, it was on the bottom half of the wall, and the third time it streaked from the top of one corner down to the lower bottom corner. It moved in a jerky manner each time and pretty quickly. Definitely not smooth and controlled. We tried to recreate it by pointing a laser (we have one for our cat and was in a drawer in another room) from outside through the solid window shades, and it wouldn't work. There is no explanation, so I totally believe what happened to you because it just happened to me. Have you ever had it happen to you again? Please respond.

My daughter has been seeing this red laser paranormal ordeal for about the last hour. She keeps seeing it on her. Even when she was in the bathroom alone (no Windows and door shut). She is 10 and is "freaking out". I also found this by the same Google search...only I put paranormal prior to laser light.

On 3/21/2015 at 4:00 PM, xxxdemonxxx said:

But make no mistake, my mind is open enough. I just think, if it looks like a laser, moves like a laser? It's a laser pointer. If I were some of u, I'd look no further than the people around u.

Normally I would agree but my 10yr old keeps seeing one on her...for the past hour. And she was alone in bathroom (door closed and no windows) one of the times. And just a bit ago while we were playing a card game she kept mentioning it and trying to get us to see it too, but we never did. She also is not the type to joke around about things like that. She is genuinely scared. And honestly, I was ready to call a psychiatrist but figured I would search "paranormal red light".

On 4/2/2015 at 10:56 PM, xxxdemonxxx said:
On 4/2/2015 at 10:52 PM, xxxdemonxxx said:

Ok, it's weird but I actually saw this ****. The first time in my life (probably because this is the only time I actually gave it credence). It looked like the dot of a laser pointer. Ironically enough, it happened a few days after my post. What are the chances I'd read about it then experience it? But I have a rational, and a very probable explanation.

Want my honest opinion? You know the tracers and flashes and dots u see behind your eyelids when u close your eyes? At first I jumped to conclusions and thought it could be paranormal and had happened to me because of reading this thread. But then I got to thinking how brief it was, and I'm 90% certain that its the tracers behind my eye lids. These lights and tracers can even move with your vision and eyes, making them appear in real time and appear to be moving along a surface! They can also be seen with your eyes open.

They can sometimes be dots, swirls, and literally be lights, and if you look in front in a dimly lit room, you can still make them out sometimes. I'm sure this is what you guys are experiencing.

Well...I would agree...buuuuut...it would be something that was experienced the entire life of the person seeing it/them...and virtually everyone should see them were it as simple as tracers. 

I prefer logic and reason. Just as (I assume) you yourself seems to as well. I have not ruled out it possibly being an ocular condition or perhaps psychological. However, I have yet to come across any information to validate either of those. 

On 7/15/2015 at 2:24 AM, passingwords said:

I would like to take a moment to tell you about my story. Red laser pointer like light pointing to my lower abdomen region as I was parked to the side of road to wish my brother a happy birthday on my phone. Didn't notice anyone walking by, but it came from above and was red from the moonroof, as that was open and I didn't think to close it during it coming from there. It was for like 3 to 5 secs and it was gone. I left quite right after that and felt scared because I was alone in my car at about 8:40 pm and this is the first strange occurance besides the ghost I saw when I was 7 that I saw with my own two eyes. I mean, I think, yes. I'm certain it happened, there was a red pen pointer type light. In fact, this is the second time this year that I have been hit by one. The other was in a department store. So, that is voided of anything similar to tonight's occurance as I sat in the driver seat and pulled over suddenly to type on my phone. Wtf!!!!!!!

My 10 year old daughter keeps seeing them on her...for the past hour, maybe hour and half by now. She was even alone in bathroom with door closed and no window. She is scared. I keep telling her not to worry. Don't really know what else to say to her.

Hi, I posted this years ago.  Crazy people are still seeing the same thing I did.  I totally believe you because when I experienced it- I got excited to see someone saw it to back then. There's no way to clearly explain it to someone that hasn't seen it, they'll just brush it off as a laser from a neighbor, etc.

That's not possible where I lived. I know what I saw in the middle of the night. It "woke" me up literally. I turned over and on my daughter's forehead was this red light! Out of no where ! I even woke up my ex husband who witnessed it and jumped out of bed but it disappeared.  Crazy part of this story was I found out 2 years later, there were UFO sightings in my town that month. 

I haven't seen this since that year (2008) But I'll never forget it. 

On 9/21/2015 at 8:43 AM, deepjack said:

Hi Friends,

The same thing happened with my wife and my son as well. My son saw it a few days back. A red streak laser pointer moved and then disappeared on wall.

He again saw it on staircase as well that is well surrounded by walls throughout.

It originated and ended on the wall.

Same thing happened wid my wife today. And there is no way that a laser point can come on that wall as that side is completely closed.

There is no window that a light could travel at that angle inside my house.

I stay in a flat and its not very old building.

We are going mad however could no find any explanation behind this.

Do you guys see it quite often or it just happened and then did not happen again.

My wife is scared that what is it ....i hope nothing negative..

Any explanation to this.....Please share your views.

My daughter keeps seeing one on her off and on for the past hour or so. Even when she was in the bathroom (with no Windows and door closed). Not sure what to tell her. She just saw it again as I typed this.

On 10/28/2015 at 2:57 PM, BeastieRunner said:

Is this a common phenomenon now?

I never heard of it or even thought about it in till an hour or so ago when my daughter started freaking out about "a red dot" being on her. She keeps seeing it periodically for the last hour or so. She was even in a room with no Windows and door closed...alone. So I grew curious and typed "paranormal red light" and found this thread. 

Our house was built in the last two three years in the middle of the woods. I have experienced all sorts of strange things all of my life. I was mostly hoping she wouldn't. Lol

As a mom, I would definitely check around to make sure no one is around watching your house.  Set up a camera! See if you spot anything! 

On 3/20/2016 at 11:04 AM, Skulduggery said:

Been lurking here a short time but decided to register and this is the topic that did me in. I'm a sceptical person. However, throughout my life, I've had many odd things happen. This was one of them. I was pretty young (appx. 10 years old), home alone, saw a dot of red light moving toward me on the wall. I went into another room and never saw it again. Later that night, told my dad about it and he assured me it was probably just someone training their rifle at my head and nothing to worry about.

My daughter started seeing a red light on her today...off and on for about an hour and half ago.  She is also 10. And even saw it on her when she was in the bathroom, alone, with door closed and no windows. Once she realised no one (me or her mom or sister) was messing with her, she began to think someone was trying to kill her. I figured pointing out how the bathroom had no windows and the door was closed that it would set her mind at ease. Not so sure it did. Lol

3 minutes ago, CynthiaOldBridge said:

As a mom, I would definitely check around to make sure no one is around watching your house.  Set up a camera! See if you spot anything! 

I would...but the thing is...She was in the bathroom with door closed and it has no windows. And saw the dot on her in there.

On 3/8/2017 at 6:35 AM, VOlim said:

I have seen laser-like red dots as well! I also couldn't find any other discussions about this aside from here which for reason I didn't expect. I've only seen it in the house we live in now, twice within the past 6 months. My wife has seen in once. Each time was similar, we notice it in our peripheral vision and can then focus on it and track it for a couple seconds as it moves about, maybe a few feet. It moves pretty quickly but isn't shaky. Then it's gone.

The first time I saw it in our bedroom, moving across the surface of the bed sheet. I immediately thought "laser pointer" and tried to figure where it was coming from. The door was open to the inside of the house but it faces the hallway wall, so there is no line of sight to a window or anything reflective when looking from inside the room. There is a big sliding glass door in the room but we have a heavy curtain drawn over it all the time. I assumed it somehow came from the window, but I couldn't figure how it could travel across half of the bed through a gap in the curtain, if there even was one (you can't see the out side at all just ambient light assertion the edges). My wife was home in the garage and not the pranking type, so I just shrugged it off at the time.

A whole 4 months later I was home alone in the morning, just waking up and doing my business in the bathroom. I was in the small toilet room (literally just a tiny room within the bathroom that has the toilet in it), when I see it again. It was on the floor just a few inches from my left foot, it was stationary when I first saw it but once I tracked it visually it started moving in the same sort of way to my left and behind me. I watched it until it seemed to dissppear into the corner of the floor and wall behind the toilet. Immediately I was stunned and thought of the time months earlier, there was no way for a laser to shine into that room and travel where and how it did. I told my wife about both stories after that, she didn't really know what to say. 

Then just last week when I was away on business my wife said she saw it on our living room wall! In the evening, with the blind closed and the TV on. She saw out appear from on or behind the TV and travel along the wall to the corner. Said it was just like what I had described.

Then tonight, I thought I may have seen it again but I couldn't actually focus on it directly. Just in my peripheral vision I thought I saw it on the cieling of the living room. My wife was already in bed and didnt see it... either way I now decide to Google this and here is all I can find about it.

Would appreciate any links or info!

My daughter has been seeing one on her periodically for the past hour and half. She was even in the bathroom with no window and door closed. 

On 4/4/2017 at 11:15 AM, CynthiaOldBridge said:

Hi - I just came across this doing a google search! Yes this same exact thing happened to me years ago in 2008! I was asleep with my ex husband - at that time my daughter was an infant and sleeping between us. I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a red light on the middle of my daughters forehead! Just as you described it. It appeared as a laser but my curtains were closed- and they were heavy winter curtains. There's no way a light could have came through them. My ex husband jumped out of bed and looked outside - saw nothing. 2 days later there was an article about a UFO sighting in my town that night. I actually found it on line yesterday to on an old forum. Please message back if you receive this !!

cynthia 

IMG_1465.PNG

My daughter (10yr old) has been seeing one on her, throughout the last hour and half. She was even in the bathroom with no window and door closed. I never thought of UFO/Alien connection. Thanks for the thought provoking ideal. I will add, everywhere I have lived, I have experienced strange things. Even in our new house (2-3 years old). Not long after it was built and we moved in I went to her room and her mattress bounced up a couple times like she was under it hitting it...I looked...and no one was under there. As I stood up my daughter said "daddy, what are you doing?". I admit...the blood drained from my face and I was honestly shaken. And I don't scare easy at all. I enjoy ghost/paranormal encounters...but this one was so unexpected that I was caught off guard.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:19 PM, CynthiaOldBridge said:

It's cool reading these stories b/c I know they aren't made up. People don't typically find this post unless they had this experience themselves. It was the strangest thing for me to see. The small red light was on my daughters forehead.. and I know what you are saying- there was no way it was a laser pointed- 

And the night was strange itself- I was woken up by something- that is when I noticed it... what could this be? My experience was in 2008

I think I agree...for the most part. I saw a few trolls but that's a given (lol). My daughter is still seeing it. And it's been going on for about 2 hours now. She just saw it on the wall in the hallway. And said she saw it move on the floor also. Up in till now, she had been only seeing it on herself. 

I am finding this more interesting than creepy. And I will add our house is not old...it was built around three years ago and we have had many odd happenings...foot steps...coming home and deadbolt was locked (and I know for a fact I didn't lock it bc I almost turned around to go back to the house and lock it but I was already a few miles away...then there was when her mattress bounced up a couple times, like someone was under it hitting it, and when I looked no one was there...And other random things. 

I will continue reading more posts and replying to them.  :)

On 2/3/2018 at 1:04 AM, rhysinspire said:

Hmmm, not sure how to respond to this... Maybe you can try to put some incense (or anything that produces smoke or vapor constantly) and then setup cameras (preferably infra red ones)... Hopefully you can see the source of the red-light and catch the perpetrator OR you catch some really vivid orbs on camera, hopefully on video show it to us and a camera expert and sage or mediums. 

Good idea. I just set up my p900 on my daughter who keeps seeing it on her for about two hours now.

43 minutes ago, CynthiaOldBridge said:

Hi, I posted this years ago.  Crazy people are still seeing the same thing I did.  I totally believe you because when I experienced it- I got excited to see someone saw it to back then. There's no way to clearly explain it to someone that hasn't seen it, they'll just brush it off as a laser from a neighbor, etc.

That's not possible where I lived. I know what I saw in the middle of the night. It "woke" me up literally. I turned over and on my daughter's forehead was this red light! Out of no where ! I even woke up my ex husband who witnessed it and jumped out of bed but it disappeared.  Crazy part of this story was I found out 2 years later, there were UFO sightings in my town that month. 

I haven't seen this since that year (2008) But I'll never forget it. 

I saw where you posted that...believe I replied...if not I apologize as I meant to. 

This is very interesting to me. Before tonight I had never even heard of anything like this. And out of concern for my daughter I did a Google search "paranormal red light".  I am glad I found this thread and hope that others I replied to will respond in return.

Your story is really intriguing since you saw it on your child. And mine keeps seeing one on her. 

Does she ever see one on her now? 

My wife just said she thinks she saw it too.  Makes me wonder if I get off my device that I may see it too. Lol. 

I set my p900 up and set to record, pointing at my daughter. Hope to catch something when she sees it...if she sees it again.

Oddly enough, she hasn't seen it when we go outside. Only inside.

1 hour ago, MyKoL LoKyM said:

My daughter has been seeing one on her periodically for the past hour and half. She was even in the bathroom with no window and door closed. 

Yes, for me the bathroom experience could not be explained at all. By the way, since posting this I shared my experience offline with a friend that studies religion and she said it sounded like the Archangel Uriel. He is apparently the keeper of light and has communicated with people using light. Some ancient accounts were even of a red beam or spot! Too old to reference a laser of course. Thought I'd share since I don't think anyone has suggested this yet.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, VOlim said:

Yes, for me the bathroom experience could not be explained at all. By the way, since posting this I shared my experience offline with a friend that studies religion and she said it sounded like the Archangel Uriel. He is apparently the keeper of light and has communicated with people using light. Some ancient accounts were even of a red beam or spot! Too old to reference a laser of course. Thought I'd share since I don't think anyone has suggested this yet.

That's interesting. I am into ancient history/mythology and never once has that crossed my mind. Do you know off hand any ancient writings/records? (Of red beam/spot)?

EL ( phoenician-cananite) referenced Saturn but also translates as "Shiny One". ELOHIM "Shiny Ones" (planets in general).  I am not religious (despite my interest in theology) and view all religions as the story of the stars/mythology.  However, I do consider that Angel's were possibly Aliens or even ghosts/spirits/etc. 

-goes to research Uriel-

And thank you for your suggestion.  

7 hours ago, MyKoL LoKyM said:

My daughter started complaining about this about an hour ago. She is 10. Once she asked all of us if we were messing with her with a laser pointer and we weren't, she then began saying someone was trying to kill her...bc of the laser pointer type light. She said all of the places she was when she saw it...one of the places was the bathroom which has no windows. (Edit added) I forgot to mention that she keeps seeing it on her.

i didnt read the full thread and since im not a believer of the paranormal i would suggest its a laser pointer, if no 100% not then perhaps imaginary, kids and some grown ups do make up stuff,

also for about 10 years ive had optical migraines, they do not hurt but i see a zig zag like a heater element, but not really, the color is bright gold like a firework sparkler,

ive heard detaching retinas can make b

people see things relayed to light, and i do hope you get to the bottom of it, and if you will only accept paranormal supernatural explanations that your thing but you should likely tell her dr, no reason not to play it safe.

• Like 1

i didnt read the full thread and since im not a believer of the paranormal i would suggest its a laser pointer, if no 100% not then perhaps imaginary, kids and some grown ups do make up stuff,

also for about 10 years ive had optical migraines, they do not hurt but i see a zig zag like a heater element, but not really, the color is bright gold like a firework sparkler,

ive heard detaching retinas can make people see things relayed to light, and i do hope you get to the bottom of it, and if you will only accept paranormal supernatural explanations that your thing but you should likely tell her dr, no reason not to play it safe.

• Like 1

I've pranked people with laser pointers.

Kinda fun.

What makes it so fun is that if I release the button just before they turn-around, AND, I act normal and "oblivious", they have no idea at all that it came from me.

Done it dozens of times.

• Like 2

On 05/06/2019 at 12:30 PM, MyKoL LoKyM said:

And you haven't seen a doctor?  I'm flabbergasted.  There are medical conditions that can cause this type of effect.  Stop googling stuff / asking at forums and seek proper help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You pranked people with a laser? Let me ask you this then... you pranked people at 3am by pointing a laser on their kids foreheads while they were all sleeping? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CynthiaOldBridge said:

You pranked people with a laser? Let me ask you this then... you pranked people at 3am by pointing a laser on their kids foreheads while they were all sleeping? 

Nah... just my wife.  :blink:

Edited by pallidin