Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A laser pointer-like red light

Fatal

Cynthia, welcome to U-M...

On 6/5/2019 at 4:40 AM, the13bats said:

i didnt read the full thread and since im not a believer of the paranormal i would suggest its a laser pointer, if no 100% not then perhaps imaginary, kids and some grown ups do make up stuff,

also for about 10 years ive had optical migraines, they do not hurt but i see a zig zag like a heater element, but not really, the color is bright gold like a firework sparkler,

ive heard detaching retinas can make b

people see things relayed to light, and i do hope you get to the bottom of it, and if you will only accept paranormal supernatural explanations that your thing but you should likely tell her dr, no reason not to play it safe.

As a fellow sufferer of the optical migraine I both sympathise and confirm the light anomolies....I call one of them the "glowing phone cord" but i also get flashes of light, some of them in colors. I also get allergy migraines...uck!

My 10 year old niece was just diagnosed with migraines..sometimes her eye will twitch. You should have both your regular doctor and an ophtmologist check her before deciding it's definitely paranormal.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2019 at 3:30 AM, MyKoL LoKyM said:

My daughter has been seeing one on her periodically for the past hour and half. She was even in the bathroom with no window and door closed. 

Do you have smoke alarms or carbon monoxide alarns on any of your rooms?

On 05/06/2019 at 3:30 AM, MyKoL LoKyM said:

My daughter has been seeing one on her periodically for the past hour and half. She was even in the bathroom with no window and door closed. 

I am taking she was not in the bathroom for an hour and a half?

Did you see it on her in another room prior to her going into the bathroom? 

15 hours ago, CynthiaOldBridge said:

You pranked people with a laser? Let me ask you this then... you pranked people at 3am by pointing a laser on their kids foreheads while they were all sleeping? 

i had a club and was in the music band biz, i was "introduced" to lasers before you could buy them for a dollar,  it got bad we threw people out for shooting them off, it would lead to fights, just imagine it.

when they first came out the pointers people would do things that they shouldnt of some didnt know better others didnt care, no, not all pall was just having harmless fun, i do it with my cats to wear them out.

now out in public a person looks like a geek dorking with a laser but dont put it past some dolt to shine one in a persons window at 3am,

On 6/5/2019 at 4:40 AM, the13bats said:

i didnt read the full thread and since im not a believer of the paranormal i would suggest its a laser pointer, if no 100% not then perhaps imaginary, kids and some grown ups do make up stuff,

also for about 10 years ive had optical migraines, they do not hurt but i see a zig zag like a heater element, but not really, the color is bright gold like a firework sparkler,

ive heard detaching retinas can make b

people see things relayed to light, and i do hope you get to the bottom of it, and if you will only accept paranormal supernatural explanations that your thing but you should likely tell her dr, no reason not to play it safe.

No way it's a laser pointer. At one point she was all alone in a room with no windows and door closed.

She isn't the type to make up something like that and no reason to even think to come up with something like that. 

I've lived my life experiencing unexplainable events.  Intuition, premonition, dreams that come true, etc. She has even had premonition and the knack to know things she should not know because she wasn't even around the event. But she knew.  

I also have the optical migration issue. Started a few years ago and scared me ****less.  It is like a sparkling zigzag line of color (in a dark room it's easier to see, and it eventually "floats" out of site. Mine when I get one starts out as a small spot and grows and eventually forms a misshapen circle. And it blurs out anything in its path of vision. 

From my understanding, if it was detached retina, it's permanent. I did explore all possibilities before even considering paranormal. And it's not a red dot like retina detachment. I looked into that closely.  I will also add, her mom saw it on the hallway wall later, after my posts, at the same time my daughter did. But she hasn't seen it today or the next day after my posts.

Today, there has been hitting noises on the bathroom door.  Just thought I'd throw this in here because there is no explanation for that...at all. It was seriously like someone was knocking/hitting it. 

When we first had house built and moved in, I went to her room and her mattress popped up a few times like someone was under there hitting it. I thought it was her and knelt to look under bed...no one and nothing was there. That is one of the only times that anything paranormal has ever made me pale. I assume I was pale... I know I was shook.

Anyhow, I can rattle on about the oddity that has been my/our life. 

On 6/6/2019 at 12:42 AM, ChrLzs said:

And you haven't seen a doctor?  I'm flabbergasted.  There are medical conditions that can cause this type of effect.  Stop googling stuff / asking at forums and seek proper help.

I would if it was medical...and I won't waste my time telling you about all the unexplainable events that has transpired before and after my posts.

5 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Do you have smoke alarms or carbon monoxide alarns on any of your rooms?

I am taking she was not in the bathroom for an hour and a half?

Did you see it on her in another room prior to her going into the bathroom? 

There's a big difference between a smoke alarm (wich causes a flood of light) and a light that looks like a laser pointer (which results in a round spot).

And her mom saw it too on hallway wall, after my posts.

Today, there was a knocking/hitting noise on the bathroom door and no one was doing it...we all heard that.

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

i had a club and was in the music band biz, i was "introduced" to lasers before you could buy them for a dollar,  it got bad we threw people out for shooting them off, it would lead to fights, just imagine it.

when they first came out the pointers people would do things that they shouldnt of some didnt know better others didnt care, no, not all pall was just having harmless fun, i do it with my cats to wear them out.

now out in public a person looks like a geek dorking with a laser but dont put it past some dolt to shine one in a persons window at 3am,

Then maybe a dolt with an invisibility cloak was lurking around inside my house. Lol. Cos I have black out curtains and a bathroom with no window. 

And today...there was hitting/knocking on the guest bathroom door (also no Windows and door was closed) for about 20 seconds or more. Maybe he got shut in there and wanted to have some fun :P

let me guess you built the joint on an ancient indian burial ground that was the location of an insane asylum that carried out experiments on the residents :rolleyes:

since you are dead set its paranormal supernartural and even adding more as the story continues i admit i have very little if any you will listen to much less want to hear but i have a lot of empathy and will stress to take her to a dr,

my dad died in 2014 89 and had 2 or 3 deratches retinas they did fix or mended, and we all know kids do make up even some adults make up stuff,

i dont subscribe to paranormal it starts and ends in the believers mind, but get out your cameras and recorders, get some type evidence and above all take the child to the dr.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2009 at 2:31 PM, Fatal said:

I think I've posted my story a while back. So I'm not going to post my whole story, I'm just going to post some things I've experienced and see if anyone else has ever experienced this.

First off, the house was built in the very early 1900's, according to the owner. And it is built along the most historic street in our city. Well a few times, we'd see this red light, which looked similar to a laser pointer. It was first noticed on the living room wall. We noticed it here a couple different times. Then my brother and I noticed it one night, moving around on the top surface of the bed. And in both rooms, when noticed on the wall, it would stop above the doorway, then goes away. Keep in mind, the windows in both these rooms were always kept covered with blinds and curtains, mainly because it was a somewhat bad neighborhood and my mom didn't like the possibility of strangers peeking into our home. Not to mention, the living room window was right next to the next building, which was a huge brick building with no windows on that side. And we lived on the second floor, so if someone was outside with a laser pointer, it would be really tricky to get a laser pointer to shine on the surface of a bed, from a floor below the window, outside, with the window covered. And no, nobody else in the house was doing this. I just know. I've asked around on another website before and have only come into contact with one other person who has experienced something similar, with the same kind of red light.

Has anyone else experienced this before and is there a possible explanation for this?

Have you annoyed your neighbors or the government?  That sounds like Hayduking LINK to make you feel afraid, given that lasers are often linked to firearm sights LINK, as well as portable listening devices LINK, when in all likelihood it is just a laser pointer held by a person who doesn't like you and wants to scare you but not leave any evidence. If you see it again, get some powder and cast it into the air near the dot so you can get a sense of the direction of the laser beam.  If you cast powder in the air and no beam is revealed, then you have something more interesting going on.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey all, I had this literally today and I was just searching online if I was the only one experiencing it. My story goes a little different, but is as follows.

At my work today, a colleague of mine saw a thick, red laser point on the wall next to the wall he was facing. It was about 19:30 (7:30PM). He told that to the supervisor, and he was like Ah you probably saw it wrong. I heard that conversation and really didn't think much of it. 

However, later the night, around 21:15 (9:15PM), I saw it too. It was directly in front of me and moved really quick, to the left and right, without a visual pattern. It was there for like 0.5 or 1 second, like all the times it appeared later in the story. At this point I am with three others colleagues in the building, which makes 4 people in total. 

From then, I saw it like 10 times in 15 minutes, on about every wall of that room. It was literally everywhere, so it can't have been one fixed point where it was. 

After those 15 minutes, the third not supervisor guy claimed to see it too. Since that, everyone except for our supervisor spotted it once every 3 minutes on average, though it was really  irregular. But our supervisor didn't see it. 

We decided to take our cameras of our phones to try and capture it. We missed it a couple of times, but we managed to have four or five frames of video with the laser like. But even after seeing the video, he was not convinced, "because it looked like a stripe instead of a dot". 

It was twice really close to somebody, about less than 10cm (4 inches). 

Few things to add to the story. 

1. The dot was way too thick to be an actual laser, it had a diameter of about 3 or 4 millimetres. 

2. Apart from 2 or 3 times, it always moved really quick, without a pattern, it just went everywhere. It did always stay within a range of about 30cm (a foot) of where it started though. 

3. It appeared most of the time at the ceiling or the wall, once on the floor next to our feet. It never appeared exactly where you were looking or filming and it went away within a second. 

4. It can't have been from outside, since the only place where it could've come from was closed off at about half past nine. 

5. It is most unlikely to be one of the people inside. Since the three of us were too busy filming and our supervisor refused to believe us. It also can't have been him since it also appeared when he was gone for three seconds. The others I had most of the time in sight and they didn't do it, and when I looked back my footage I didn't see them doing strange things either. 

6. I don't know how old the building is. I do know however that somebody has hanged himself there a couple of years ago, about 10 to 15 years I think. 

7. It's not the first inexplicable thing happening. Things flying across the room for example has happened multiple times as well. 

That's the story, I hope everything was clear... If you have any questions, please ask. 

1 hour ago, Brent02 said:

Hey all, I had this literally today and I was just searching online if I was the only one experiencing it. My story goes a little different, but is as follows.

At my work today, a colleague of mine saw a thick, red laser point on the wall next to the wall he was facing. It was about 19:30 (7:30PM). He told that to the supervisor, and he was like Ah you probably saw it wrong. I heard that conversation and really didn't think much of it. 

However, later the night, around 21:15 (9:15PM), I saw it too. It was directly in front of me and moved really quick, to the left and right, without a visual pattern. It was there for like 0.5 or 1 second, like all the times it appeared later in the story. At this point I am with three others colleagues in the building, which makes 4 people in total. 

From then, I saw it like 10 times in 15 minutes, on about every wall of that room. It was literally everywhere, so it can't have been one fixed point where it was. 

After those 15 minutes, the third not supervisor guy claimed to see it too. Since that, everyone except for our supervisor spotted it once every 3 minutes on average, though it was really  irregular. But our supervisor didn't see it. 

We decided to take our cameras of our phones to try and capture it. We missed it a couple of times, but we managed to have four or five frames of video with the laser like. But even after seeing the video, he was not convinced, "because it looked like a stripe instead of a dot". 

1. The dot was way too thick to be an actual laser, it had a diameter of about 3 or 4 millimetres. 

2. Apart from 2 or 3 times, it always moved really quick, without a pattern, it just went everywhere. It did always stay within a range of about 30cm (a foot) of where it started though. 

3. It appeared most of the time at the ceiling or the wall, once on the floor next to our feet. It never appeared exactly where you were looking or filming and it went away within a second. 

4. It can't have been from outside, since the only place where it could've come from was closed off at about half past nine. 

5. It is most unlikely to be one of the people inside. Since the three of us were too busy filming and our supervisor refused to believe us. It also can't have been him since it also appeared when he was gone for three seconds. The others I had most of the time in sight and they didn't do it, and when I looked back my footage I didn't see them doing strange things either. 

6. I don't know how old the building is. I do know however that somebody has hanged himself there a couple of years ago, about 10 to 15 years I think. 

7. It's not the first inexplicable thing happening. Things flying across the room for example has happened multiple times as well. 

That's the story, I hope everything was clear... If you have any questions, please ask. 

Brent, this is interesting enough that perhaps you should have started a new thread with this story as this thread was started ten years ago and the original person to compare your story with is bye-bye I'm sure.

I can't tell you what the red light was but with items like '6.' and '7.'  above my suspicion towards the paranormal goes way up.  

One thought is an orb-like manifestation. An orb is said by many in esotericism to be the least energy required form for an entity to manifest.

I saw one suspicious orb in my lifetime but it was larger and white. A friend of my son saw it too at the same time and we both had a 'what the heck was that' look on our faces but that was the end of the unresolved case. In all my many days this is the only orb-like thing that struck me so oddly as if animate somehow. 

Edited by papageorge1

Hi Brent and PapaGeorge1,

I'm actually one of the original people on this post. I get alerts from these posts at times that I actually check my email. lol   It's crazy to see people having the same type of experience. I still can't explain it- but it was enough for me to search and find 1 person that posted on it 11 yrs.ago!     I can 100% tell you since then, my senses are heightened.  

Cynthia 

2 hours ago, Brent02 said:

just how do you know someone hung themselves there? documentation or stories and hear say?

stuff flying through the air? any videos?

will you be posting the video of the stuff flying or the laser dot?

lasers do get odd on some cameras.

as a person who was in the music , band , club biz i have to say # 1, very wrong even my 1.00 cat toy laser will make a 3-4 mm dot which is small, my club lasers will go really big....

its still just a story and nothing at all to suggest anything paranormal or supernatural to me but i will wait for the videos and any evidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

just how do you know someone hung themselves there? documentation or stories and hear say?

as a person who was in the music , band , club biz i have to say # 1, very wrong even my 1.00 cat toy laser will make a 3-4 mm dot which is small, my club lasers will go really big....

its still just a story and nothing at all to suggest anything paranormal or supernatural to me but i will wait for the videos and any evidence.

Expecting videos of the flying objects is like finding a needle in a haystack. Verbal stories still have considerable value to me.

Apparently the red laser-like thing did have a picture we might expect.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Expecting videos of the flying objects is like finding a needle in a haystack. Verbal stories still have considerable value to me.

Apparently the red laser-like thing did have a picture we might expect.

For countless decades people have made outlandish claims of things like flying objects but in the end never a grain, not a shread of proof.

Thats fine for a blind faith true believer like yourself but "stories" like these offer zero in the way of tangible evidence much less proof of the claim.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

I know someone hung himself there because my colleagues told me, and they say they heard the police report from when they came in. 

The video is too big to be uploaded, but like I said, I do have the laser dot on camera. I have several frames though, where you can see the dot, although it looks like a line because of its quick movement, combined with the quick camera movement, as you can see on the photos. 

Stuff flying through the air: I have no visual proof of that. I once heard it, but I was just too late to see it happening. 

For the lasers: I don't know much about those big lasers, but it was all around the room. And the room is in a Y-shape. We always stood on the left part of the Y, and we saw it there in every corner. When we were in the middle of the Y, it even showed up in the middle of our feet when we stood in a circle. There's no way one laser could be shining at the floor, the ceiling and every corner of multiple walls... And like I said before, I refuse to believe it was one of my colleagues since I had them all in sight when this stuff happened. But if it was one of them, it must be a laser pointer which is really small and easy to carry around. 

Edit: I know it looks like an edited line, but I can promise you I didn't play with the footage. I only extracted those frames so one could see the dot flying across the ceiling. 

Edit 2: I think it's worth noticing that the last time I saw it, it was next to me on the door to the outside. It looked like the dot was moving outside as well. At this point in time, only my supervisor is behind me, and like I said before, he couldn't have done it, since it appeared as well when he was not in the room. I didn't see it anywhere else than inside that building. 

1566247068263.jpg

1566247061803.jpg

1566247057569.jpg

1566247054062.jpg

Edited by Brent02
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2019 at 9:30 PM, MyKoL LoKyM said:

And today's word of the week is:

Redundancy

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

For countless decades people have made outlandish claims of things like flying objects but in the end never a grain, not a shread of proof.

And that is exactly what I would expect. It is essentially impossible to prove to others that temporary events happened after the event is over, right? That is why a body of anecdotes honestly considered carries weight with me.

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

And that is exactly what I would expect. It is essentially impossible to prove to others that temporary events happened after the event is over, right? That is why a body of anecdotes honestly considered carries weight with me.

I get your "believers" way of thinking but for me i go the other way, i hear the same claim countless times yet zero evidence or proof i am not a blind faither so i file it away as another "story" nothing more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I get your "believers" way of thinking but for me i go the other way, i hear the same claim countless times yet zero evidence or proof i am not a blind faither so i file it away as another "story" nothing more.

You might want to re-consider. I do not expect hard evidence after the fact of a temporary event. And even if a video captures a flying object (which we've seen on this forum) then you will no doubt claim faked with fishing line or whatever.

At some point we each must step back for ourselves and be honest in judging what is most likely occurring in the body of individual cases.

6 hours ago, Brent02 said:

I know someone hung himself there because my colleagues told me, and they say they heard the police report from when they came in. 

The video is too big to be uploaded, but like I said, I do have the laser dot on camera. I have several frames though, where you can see the dot, although it looks like a line because of its quick movement, combined with the quick camera movement, as you can see on the photos. 

Stuff flying through the air: I have no visual proof of that. I once heard it, but I was just too late to see it happening. 

For the lasers: I don't know much about those big lasers, but it was all around the room. And the room is in a Y-shape. We always stood on the left part of the Y, and we saw it there in every corner. When we were in the middle of the Y, it even showed up in the middle of our feet when we stood in a circle. There's no way one laser could be shining at the floor, the ceiling and every corner of multiple walls... And like I said before, I refuse to believe it was one of my colleagues since I had them all in sight when this stuff happened. But if it was one of them, it must be a laser pointer which is really small and easy to carry around. 

Edit: I know it looks like an edited line, but I can promise you I didn't play with the footage. I only extracted those frames so one could see the dot flying across the ceiling. 

Edit 2: I think it's worth noticing that the last time I saw it, it was next to me on the door to the outside. It looked like the dot was moving outside as well. At this point in time, only my supervisor is behind me, and like I said before, he couldn't have done it, since it appeared as well when he was not in the room. I didn't see it anywhere else than inside that building. 

1566247068263.jpg

1566247061803.jpg

1566247057569.jpg

1566247054062.jpg

Thanks for this additional info Brent. Maybe you should change the term 'dot' to a 'moving bending line that takes different shapes'? A 'dot' doesn't do its sophistication justice.

As to what it is I can't tell you. My first bet considering the history and all you have told us is an entity manifesting itself in a low energy way. You have taken pains to rule out a 'normal' source for this but it's almost impossible to 100% rule that out either.

44 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You might want to re-consider. I do not expect hard evidence after the fact of a temporary event. And even if a video captures a flying object (which we've seen on this forum) then you will no doubt claim faked with fishing line or whatever.

At some point we each must step back for ourselves and be honest in judging what is most likely occurring in the body of individual cases.

:tu:

I do step back and not only evaluate suggested evidence i conduct my own testing,

Here is my comparison of a 1.00 cat toy laser,

20190820_114749-744x744.jpg.40713bc10edd24838799a401a64289c4.jpg20190820_114814-744x744.jpg.c8b60efe14addd89ea7ec8618407d9da.jpg

At this point i fully am convinced the op posted pictures of a cheap laser pointer,  ( or 'shopped ) however if you believe he and myself captured something paranormal, supernatural thats fine...:whistle:

Oops..forgot... sophistication...of a 'moving bending line that takes different shapes"

20190820_121639-400x331.jpg.e962527de81a33ea5d59b0364c9a1b48.jpg

20190820_115158-400x336.jpg.8bae400fa65c39282afb4956fd4f9e46.jpg

Edited by the13bats
added
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, the13bats said:

:tu:

I do step back and not only evaluate suggested evidence i conduct my own testing,

Here is my comparison of a 1.00 cat toy laser,

20190820_115158-531x447.jpg.947265ca986643972083ee482a01cef6.jpg20190820_114749-744x744.jpg.40713bc10edd24838799a401a64289c4.jpg20190820_114814-744x744.jpg.c8b60efe14addd89ea7ec8618407d9da.jpg

At this point i fully am convinced the op posted pictures of a cheap laser pointer, however if you believe he and myself captured something paranormal, supernatural thats fine...:whistle:

Well, did you just create these pictures on the spot just now? Anyone else out there have a cat laser to compare?

These images certainly look remarkably similar to what Brent posted. Bats, do your recreations require a person actively doing these things? If so, I would ask Brent to reconsider if it could have been a colleague playing a trick on everyone (which he said did not seem reasonable to him).

See, I do think logically and honestly and do now much more consider the possibility of trickery in this case.

@Brent02? Your thoughts?

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you PG :tu:

I did the others just moments ago, by myself, my note 5 is set at a 3 sec delay from pushing the button to it snapping the pic,

here is one i did just now for you, 20190820_123704-400x337.jpg.277c7d87527ffa8ceff921b166b39d17.jpg

in this the laser is about a ft from a piece of cardboard

Of course the laser needs an operator and in the ops case im sold he either got hoaxed was part of a hoax or someone was using a laser device and wasnt meaning to hoax, i did that once back in orlando with a laser level, it was going out my window into a neighbors window, not in purpose.

Im very good with my evidence of prosaic, Of course from past experence i will say "thats fine" if anyone ways to only accept paranormal supernatural explanations.