Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A laser pointer-like red light

Fatal

53 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Thanks for this additional info Brent. Maybe you should change the term 'dot' to a 'moving bending line that takes different shapes'? A 'dot' doesn't do its sophistication justice.

I'm aware it looks like a line in the pictures, but I can assure you that it really is a dot when you see it in person. The reason why it's bended is because of its movement combined with the camera movement. 

49 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, did you just create these pictures on the spot just now? Anyone else out there have a cat laser to compare?

These images certainly look remarkably similar to what Brent posted. Bats, do your recreations require a person actively doing these things? If so, I would ask Brent to reconsider if it could have been a colleague playing a trick on everyone (which he said did not seem reasonable to him).

See, I do think logically and honestly and do now much more consider the possibility of trickery in this case.

@Brent02? Your thoughts?

It definitely looks the same, but please keep in mind that I described it as a laser like pointer as well. 

I'm convinced it was not a colleague. My coworkers and I didn't do it, I saw that just now when I rewatched the footage. It can't have been the supervisor either, because the light was there as well when he was not in the same room as we were. Nobody else was in the room and it's not possible it came from outside. 

I'll try to make a GIF of the video part where you see the laser, so you can see the footage at speed. You might not see it the first time, but it definitely shows a dot. 

Edit: Here is the link to the GIF I created, it was too big to be uploaded here... https://gifyu.com/image/hTGh

Edited by Brent02

my laser also produces a dot and you saw my photos which look the same as yours, if you will only accept paranormal supernatural thats fine.

Just now, the13bats said:

my laser also produces a dot and you saw my photos which look the same as yours, if you will only accept paranormal supernatural thats fine.

The reason why I only accept that is because it was simply not possible it was a coworker as I described above. 

6 minutes ago, Brent02 said:

The reason why I only accept that is because it was simply not possible it was a coworker as I described above. 

so paranormal is more likely than laser even though my laser pics match yours?

sorry, im convinced its anything except paranormal.

Certainly it could be paranormal phenomena that resembles a laser??

My jury is still out.

• Confused 1

There's more than just the pictures to this story, so yes, despite the matching pictures I refuse to believe it was someone on the inside. And since it can't have been from the outside, I truly believe something paranormal is going on. But if you don't, that's your call. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My jury is still out.

20 minutes ago, Brent02 said:

There's more than just the pictures to this story, so yes, despite the matching pictures I refuse to believe it was someone on the inside. And since it can't have been from the outside, I truly believe something paranormal is going on. But if you don't, that's your call. 

lol, right papa,

i really do not buy that paranormal superstitions phenomenon if they even existed would disguise themselves as cheap lasers but im not the least  bit surprised you would buy that papa.

Actually besides the pictures of lasers it is just a story.

my call is you brent were hoaxed or pulling a hoax and you refusing to believe any other possibilities other than paranormal supernatural is your call thats fine.

have a good one guys.

Edited by the13bats

26 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i really do not buy that paranormal superstitions phenomenon if they even existed would disguise themselves as cheap lasers 

Nobody here is suggesting entities are disguising themselves as lasers. 

However resemblance between unlike things can happen in this universe, right?

That‘s my Logic here.

And entities may manifest sometimes in a way actually similar to focused light energy. Doesn’t sound that crazy.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

That's a laser.

One of the key points in pranking a co-worker is to deny doing it - and it sure looks like there's a group of guys sitting around in that gif that would love to mess with someone.

Unless you see it alone and have confirmed no one else is there, and have also confirmed there isn't some kind of equipment causing it, I don't buy it as anything but a laser.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, moonman said:

That's a laser.

One of the key points in pranking a co-worker is to deny doing it - and it sure looks like there's a group of guys sitting around in that gif that would love to mess with someone.

Unless you see it alone and have confirmed no one else is there, and have also confirmed there isn't some kind of equipment causing it, I don't buy it as anything but a laser.

I'm fully aware of the idea behind a prank. However, if you'd read my story, you would've known it can't have been one of the human beings inside the building. The guys in the GIF are both holding their phones and just their phones in their hands, which is better visible in the footage which I'm not gonna post for privacy reasons. 

Believe whatever you want, but I'm convinced no human being in that room was messing with a laser pointer. 

Whenever the three of us saw it all, we all screamed at the same time pointing in the exact same direction, so it must've been there, and I'm still not sure why my supervisor didn't seem to see it. No he wasn't pulling the prank, the light was there when he wasn't, as I mentioned before.

Also, it can't have been any form of fixed equipment, because it was at too many different places. It can't have been moving equipment either, since we don't have moving equipment. 

Edited by Brent02
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brent02 said:

I'm fully aware of the idea behind a prank. However, if you'd read my story, you would've known it can't have been one of the human beings inside the building. The guys in the GIF are both holding their phones and just their phones in their hands, which is better visible in the footage which I'm not gonna post for privacy reasons. 

Believe whatever you want, but I'm convinced no human being in that room was messing with a laser pointer. 

Whenever the three of us saw it all, we all screamed at the same time pointing in the exact same direction, so it must've been there, and I'm still not sure why my supervisor didn't seem to see it. No he wasn't pulling the prank, the light was there when he wasn't, as I mentioned before.

Also, it can't have been any form of fixed equipment, because it was at too many different places. It can't have been moving equipment either, since we don't have moving equipment. 

I like the way you stand your ground when you think you are right. Quite often, the aggressive skeptics here chase people off by now. I stand my ground too and believe me, they don't particularly care for me either, LOL.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I like the way you stand your ground when you think you are right. Quite often, the aggressive skeptics here chase people off by now. I stand my ground too and believe me, they don't particularly care for me either, LOL.

Hahaha yeah I'm pretty stubborn when I'm convinced I'm right XD. Besides, they weren't there when it happened, and although I tried to tell my story as complete as possible, it's just simply not the same as experiencing it.. I kinda hope it happens again the next time I'm at work, although I was pretty terrified to be honest lol. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, moonman said:

That's a laser.

well said,

Of course he might be in on the hoax.

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

PG you did basically say something paranormal will disgust as a laser, at least stand to your ground however shakey it is.

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

My jury is still out.

Why did the fradsters the warrens just pop in my mind?

stubborn doesnt equal right, a person can still be wrong, or a hoaxer.

At this point i lean to the op being part of it, ground standing is great PG but like with you and your belief the alien mummy fraud is real standing ones ground doesnt make them right it doesnt prove paranormal supernatural, a hoax or fraud doesnt change with ground standing, your belief in the alien mummy fraud proves that,

Stories are just stories, but his pictures and my pictures are lasers, if you want to claim lasers are paranormal supernatural thats fine.

Edited by the13bats

Out of curiosity have you seen the laser alone? They do make cell phones with laser pointers (as other user mentioned) you stated on this page the other individuals had cell phones in their hands. I would not say anything and wait till situation arises again. Watch their hands closely! I'm not entirely assuming it's a hoax but perhaps this could help.

Edited by Bed of chaos

47 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Why did the fradsters the warrens just pop in my mind?

Because every paranormal thing, figure, etc, is a fraud to you cynical denier!

Bats is the fraudster in my book! He distorts every case his way!

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Because every paranormal thing, figure, etc, is a fraud to you cynical denier!

Bats is the fraudster in my book! He distorts every case his way!

The warrens came to mind because like you they saw paranormal as the only closed minded explanation to obviouus prosaic things to the point of supporting frauds and hoaxes we know everything is likely paranormal to you, even when you are epically wrong ie alien mummy you play this same game of yours....you make up stuff , blame others and ignore actual proof if it goes against your blind true beliefs.

and here you go making up stuff again, i didnt distort anything i conducted my own open minded unbised tests,

20190820_115158-400x336.jpg.8bae400fa65c39282afb4956fd4f9e46.jpg

i see a cheap laser pointer you see an exotic paranormal supernatural whatever disguised as a laser pointer, if that makes you happy like i said thats fine.

unless new evidence comes up to evaluate im convinced it is a laser and done.

Edited by the13bats

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

The warrens came to mind because like you they saw paranormal as the only closed minded explanation to obviouus prosaic things to the point of supporting frauds and hoaxes we know everything is likely paranormal to you, even when you are epically wrong ie alien mummy you play this same game of yours....you make up stuff , blame others and ignore actual proof if it goes against your blind true beliefs.

and here you go making up stuff again, i didnt distort anything i conducted my own open minded unbised tests,

20190820_115158-400x336.jpg.8bae400fa65c39282afb4956fd4f9e46.jpg

i see a cheap laser pointer you see an exotic paranormal supernatural whatever disguised as a laser pointer, if that makes you happy like i said thats fine.

unless new evidence comes up to evaluate im convinced it is a laser and done.

I think the Warren's were genuine. The jury is still out on this laser case.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think the Warren's were genuine. The jury is still out on this laser case.

The warrens were fraudsters, they were fakes using paranormal to earn a living, did you miss the writer who came forward about what frauds they were? so add "fakes" after "genuine" i can go along with that.

Joe Nicholls said to the effect that mr warren was an overbearing, cussing, loudmouth bully who made personal threats to him for not believing the BS.

Even you call it "laser" case, very telling.

I was thinking about this, the pictures both mine and his show a laser being projected onto a surface, its not a foot in front of the surface its not floating in the center of the room as a ball, no, its a flat "dot" that photographed as a flat line, so why would a paranormal whatever have to be projected onto a surface, oh, wait, its not paranormal, its a laser.

Your jury might very well be out to lunch on this laser case like you are on the alien mummy  but my jury blew cola out their noses laughed hard and said, the pics look the same and are all of lasers nothing paranormal.

You keep beating this and i will keep saying im fine with you believing these laser pictures are paranormal supernatural,

there is no reason for me to care if you see laser pointers as paranormal.

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

The warrens were fraudsters, they were fakes using paranormal to earn a living, did you miss the writer who came forward about what frauds they were? so add "fakes" after "genuine" i can go along with that.

Joe Nicholls said to the effect that mr warren was an overbearing, cussing, loudmouth bully who made personal threats to him for not believing the BS.

If two enemies of the Warrens are all you cite, that is telling of what your agenda is. The overall view tells me they are genuine.

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

there is no reason for me to care if you see laser pointers as paranormal.

I don't consider laser pointers paranormal. But Brent makes a serious case that a laser pointer is not what this is. The jury is still out with me.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

If two enemies of the Warrens are all you cite, that is telling of what your agenda is. The overall view tells me they are genuine.

I don't consider laser pointers paranormal. But Brent makes a serious case that a laser pointer is not what this is. The jury is still out with me.

beatdeadhorse5.gif.b78190b3abc5e93cbc5f4038dddc565f.gif

And again papa makes up stuff, i based my opinion on the warrens on their lifetime of frauding gullible people for money on their unproven claims of basically everything they came across was paranormal supernatural, and evil.

you know how you once said you have disdain for people who pull hoaxes well i have disdain for people who are in it for profit as the warrens obviously were.

Both you and brent admit his and my laser pictures match, what you call a "serious case" really is only another example of your blind faith, a story and closed minded insistance that his laser pictures just cant be a boring prosiac laser but can only be paranormal supernatural, so when a mind is that closed i can only come to the conclusion that the person cant admit they were hoaxed, or they are involved in said hoax.

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

And again papa makes up stuff, i based my opinion on the warrens on their lifetime of frauding gullible people for money on their unproven claims of basically everything they came across was paranormal supernatural, and evil.

you know how you once said you have disdain for people who pull hoaxes well i have disdain for people who are in it for profit as the warrens obviously were.

Both you and brent admit his and my laser pictures match, what you call a "serious case" really is only another example of your blind faith, a story and closed minded insistance that his laser pictures just cant be a boring prosiac laser but can only be paranormal supernatural, so when a mind is that closed i can only come to the conclusion that the person cant admit they were hoaxed, or they are involved in said hoax.

Perfect. That's both of us by now in all our threads, bats. I am going to save that apropos image for our next thread.

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Perfect. That's both of us by now in all our threads, bats. I am going to save that apropos image for our next thread.

I dont mind if you ride my coat tails and steal my lil images showing what you do. :tu:

First of all I'd like to say that even if there were a hoax (which is highly unlikely by the way), it is not me. I can only say that of course, but why would I make such a big deal of a prank I organised myself? 

Second, I'm aware that lasers can be on the phones. But even after watching the footage multiple times, there's one person I can't rule out based on the footage, namely my supervisor. But the laser was there when he wasn't. 

Third, all of the things I've heard so far are based on the sightings after 21:15. However, my coworker claimed to see it before that time once. Why would someone show it only once, leave it for the night and only when most people are gone continue with a prank..? 

Last, I once saw the laser right in front of my eyes on the counter, about 20cm away from me. It moved really quick to the left and right. If it was an actual laser, it was either from above (but that's not possible since it can't be a fixed point, and the laser often appeared on the ceiling), or from the left or right. But nobody was on my left or right at that moment. 

• Like 1