Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A laser pointer-like red light

Fatal

On 8/20/2019 at 5:10 AM, Brent02 said:

I know someone hung himself there because my colleagues told me, and they say they heard the police report from when they came in. 

Nope. That's called a FOAF* report. That means nothing. Go to the library and research it yourself.  Every neighborhood has stories like that. Sometimes they're at a different address. Sometimes it wasn't anything like reported. Sometimes it is pure fabrication from the get-go. The only way to know for sure is to find actual proof, in print, in a newpaper or an obituary or a police log.  If you have a county historian, they could help. So could the local library.  Even your property deed might provide a clue.

*friend of a friend

Edited by ScotDeerie
  • Thanks 1

People pull pranks, hoaxes and frauds for lots of reasons ranging from attention to like the warrens for profit, and of course a hard core hoaxer will never admit it.

I get it you are sold that it cant be anything other than paranormal supernatural which is being biased and close minded,

i showed that a cheap laser pointer looks basically identical to your laser pictures yet you hold fast no way it was just a laser,

Im not a blind faith true believer,

for the most part its a dead end right there,

however, since no one has ever proven anything paranormal exists this is a great opportunity for you to change a world view you say this "laser" phenomenon repeats then the next step is to get unbised researchers and investigators in on it, let them see it,  photograph it and present their findings in a legitmate scientific way,

Otherwise its just one of countless stories.

10 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

Nope. That's called a FOAF* report. That means nothing. Go to the library and research it yourself.  Every neighborhood has stories like that. Sometimes they're at a different address. Sometimes it wasn't anything like reported. Sometimes it is pure fabrication from the get-go. The only way to know for sure is to find actual proof, in print, in a newpaper or an obituary or a police log.  If you have a county historian, they could help. So could the local library.  Even your property deed might provide a clue.

*friend of a friend

yes, but lets say someone did hang themselves there, so what? lots of people have hung themselves lots of places, most are not alleged to be haunted ( none of the ones claimed to be have proven it ) or have spookies disguised as laser pointers.

so scot, in the pix do you see laser, paranormal or undecided?

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

yes, but lets say someone did hang themselves there, so what? lots of people have hung themselves lots of places, most are not alleged to be haunted ( none of the ones claimed to be have proven it ) or have spookies disguised as laser pointers.

so scot, in the pix do you see laser, paranormal or undecided?

I saw something I could reproduce in a cheap Photoshop rip-off in less than five minutes.  

I think that a million (okay a dozen or so) people all showing up, opening new accounts and saying they found something like JUST HAPPENED TO THEM on Google search (!) smells like 10 day old fish to me.  I call bullpoo.

• Thanks 1

OMG! I may have solved this!  It's my cat!  She shoots laser beams OUT OF HER MOUTH!

laser cat 2.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

I saw something I could reproduce in a cheap Photoshop rip-off in less than five minutes.  

I think that a million (okay a dozen or so) people all showing up, opening new accounts and saying they found something like JUST HAPPENED TO THEM on Google search (!) smells like 10 day old fish to me.  I call bullpoo.

I have seen that too and many when not hailed as having the smoking gun and having no real evidence when asked for it move on.

in this case i find it intriguing in a way not the pictures of lasers but why jump from the basically obvious prosaic explanation to its got to be paranormal, period, case and mind closed, i find that odd, why not be open to the boring explanations too? I admit it effects my view of a persons credibility.

a case like this if the desire is there to do so it can be proven to be a laser pointer or "other" other doesnt make it paranormal it makes it unexplained, im sold its a laser or less likely shopped.

in my way of thinking if something is important enough to join a forum to post about some alleged experence then its worthy of actual unbiased examination, ive asked for that before the grand total of follow through is zero.

( added ) the cool part of your cat pix ( cute cats btw ) is the lasers are not having to be projected on a background like mine and brents, which lets think about it "IF" it was some paranormal supernatural entity it wouldnt require a background...a laser pointer does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2009 at 9:31 PM, Fatal said:

I think I've posted my story a while back. So I'm not going to post my whole story, I'm just going to post some things I've experienced and see if anyone else has ever experienced this.

First off, the house was built in the very early 1900's, according to the owner. And it is built along the most historic street in our city. Well a few times, we'd see this red light, which looked similar to a laser pointer. It was first noticed on the living room wall. We noticed it here a couple different times. Then my brother and I noticed it one night, moving around on the top surface of the bed. And in both rooms, when noticed on the wall, it would stop above the doorway, then goes away. Keep in mind, the windows in both these rooms were always kept covered with blinds and curtains, mainly because it was a somewhat bad neighborhood and my mom didn't like the possibility of strangers peeking into our home. Not to mention, the living room window was right next to the next building, which was a huge brick building with no windows on that side. And we lived on the second floor, so if someone was outside with a laser pointer, it would be really tricky to get a laser pointer to shine on the surface of a bed, from a floor below the window, outside, with the window covered. And no, nobody else in the house was doing this. I just know. I've asked around on another website before and have only come into contact with one other person who has experienced something similar, with the same kind of red light.

Has anyone else experienced this before and is there a possible explanation for this?

Thank you for sharing! I’ve actually experienced the same thing - just the other night when I lifted my comforter I saw that laser light underneath my blankets - I had not electronic device in my hands and it impossible for that red laser light to appear there! My first experience was when I was sixteen - kinda like your bedroom story - no way for anyone to physical point that laser at my wall! That red laser light did a quick laser dance of going in circles and do crazy wild squiggles then disappeared. I’ve been puzzled for so long! So refreshing to know that I’m not alone. It only happened twice.

33 minutes ago, Lofred said:

Thank you for sharing! I’ve actually experienced the same thing - just the other night when I lifted my comforter I saw that laser light underneath my blankets - I had not electronic device in my hands and it impossible for that red laser light to appear there! My first experience was when I was sixteen - kinda like your bedroom story - no way for anyone to physical point that laser at my wall! That red laser light did a quick laser dance of going in circles and do crazy wild squiggles then disappeared. I’ve been puzzled for so long! So refreshing to know that I’m not alone. It only happened twice.

Yours isnt the same as the OPs hoax which was a laser, yours could be paranormal or could be a optical, neurological issue i highly recommend before blowing it off as paranormal dont gamble with your health get a good exam,

If you were all tucked in for sleep hypnagogic could be involved,

Get your health checked then play with paranormal make believe stuff.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I realize this is an old discussion but wanted to share my experience, hopefully it helps someone. It was back in 2000 and I had purchased what I could afford which was a trailer in the city of Erie PA. They called it dreary Erie the mistake on the Lake. I was young and dumb and not persuaded. I met the previous owners and learned quickly that they were into ouija boards. Being a pastor's granddaughter I thought nothing will mess with me. I also happened to visit the property the same day kids discovered a dead body hung in the shed they were screaming and I wanted to make sure they were ok, they showed me what they found and I was the one to make the call to report it. Management decided to move the trailer to a different lot for me and I was super relieved. 

Anyways fast forward about 6 months and was working night shift and so had a hard time sleeping my nights off.  I would see this laser-like red dot on my bedroom wall. I thought it was a laser pointer from kids playing outside so looked but it was like 3 am and the curtains were closed I was the only one there. It happened again and lingered in one place for a good 3 min I would just sit up in bed frozen with chills.

I would see this light maybe once a month in different places in my bedroom. Each time it would  linger in one place it didn't move, and I would just stare at it till it dissolved. The one time it was in the living room it was on my face.  I had a friend visiting and she told me she saw it on my face!! She was like "don't move!! What is that?" I froze with fear.

Other times there were voices I could hear coming out of my air vents, I learned there were three spirits there just from audible voices, kitchen drawers would be open that I know I shut, it became so common that I actually took pictures when I went to lay down just to make sure I was not making it up. ( I didn't have a camera phone it was a disposable camera)

I had 2 cats and they were frequently spooked and jumpy. I would have terrible nightmares that would result in me waking up in actual physical pain where I was touched in the dream. 

Icing on the cake was I went for a hike in the woods to clear my head one day and a guy in a tent (it was concealed by brush) jumped out scared me and said hi and that he's been living there several years. I had a talk with him and he told me right away the old address where the trailer was placed (before they moved it) and that someone had died in it a few years back. He had a dark tone like he was warning me, it was not a casual conversation. So now I had information about 2 deaths and an ouija board that was used a lot. I called my grandpa!! I was freaked out enough by this time. 

So all that to say, yes that red laser light looking thing can be something other than a laser pointer. I'm certain of that, what it is exactly I don't know, but it's not a nice feeling when it shows up. I got out of there as soon as I could get enough money up and have not seen it since. 

Givent that this sounds an awful lot like a creepypasta entry....

23 minutes ago, Jus wanna know said:

I also happened to visit the property the same day kids discovered a dead body hung in the shed they were screaming and I wanted to make sure they were ok, they showed me what they found and I was the one to make the call to report it.

So, when and where was this - link to the media report/s?

..I would see this laser-like red dot on my bedroom wall.

..I thought it was a laser pointer

..that red laser light looking thing

So, three times you said it was just like a laser pointer... And then later:

..{it} can be something other than a laser pointer. I'm certain of that, what it is exactly I don't know

You haven't given any reason why it wasn't a laser pointer, so that certainty seems misplaced...

he told me right away the old address where the trailer was placed (before they moved it) and that someone had died in it a few years back.

Again, I presume you checked this, so .. media reports?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 1

Hi chrLzs, 

No offense but, Dang you make me feel like I need to hire a lawyer lol. :)  I was just sharing my experience because it happened and I never forgot it all these years later. This is actually the first time I've shared it publicly, I don't talk about it much. Living there changed my life and I was so happy to leave. I can still see it in my mind's eye and can recall the feelings associated with it.

I searched this topic because I knew it was NOT a laser pointer, however, it looked like one so that's the only way I know how to describe it and others here have described it the same way. Laser pointers move and this did not move it was totally stationary till it dissolved. I still, all these years later, wondered if other people have seen this and now I know I'm not alone.

I lived alone at the time I was there for my 19th bday it was 2000 or the end of 1999 to 2000. In Erie PA, like I said earlier. 

I had dark coverings on my windows because I worked night shift and usually slept during the day. First time I saw it I did at first move the curtains and look out thinking it was a laser or a gun. Even though it sounds silly to do as I'm typing this. (There was 1 window in the bedroom).  That was my first thought actually. I was not able to see or hear anyone around and it was a big yard no lights on around me or people outside in the middle of the night just silence.  

Again back to the "I was young and dumb" part...It did not occur to me at the time, to get a copy of the report or to research what the guy told me in the woods. I didn't even own a computer or cell phone and worked 60 hrs a week at a group home. I was just happy to get a "new" lot and a different shed!! When I left Erie I didn't look back. I only shared a very small part of my experience there, I could probably write a book.

I was there at the trailer looking at it and meeting the sellers (that's how I got the info from the kids about their ouija board use and saw the game) the time the kids found the body and I used their landline to call the cops. I can try to go down that rabbit hole and find the reports, I'll see what I can come up with!! 

With that being said I was hesitant to even respond to all your questions because why else would I take the time to look this up and share my experience and put myself out there to help shed some light on other people's experiences and maybe help them realize they are not alone? I know my experience was validated by reading comments, so I'm grateful for that. Peace.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jus wanna know said:

Hi chrLzs, 

No offense but, Dang you make me feel like I need to hire a lawyer lol.

None taken, and hopefully I didn't put you off!  This place prides itself not on celebrating mysteries, as much as solving them.  So we ask the hard questions, and also look for inconsistencies in the story *and* hard evidence.  (Or is that just me? :D)  If someone hanged themselves in a shed, it would be in the local papers at least. 

I searched this topic because I knew it was NOT a laser pointer, however, it looked like one so that's the only way I know how to describe it and others here have described it the same way. Laser pointers move and this did not move it was totally stationary till it dissolved. I still, all these years later, wondered if other people have seen this and now I know I'm not alone.

..so the only thing that made it *not* look like a laser pointer was that it was stationary?  It's easy to just rest the pointer on something to steady it, or, if you are an expert at tomfoolery, you carry a lump of blu-tac and use that to stick it at any angle on anything you like.  Hey presto, a steady spot.

.. thinking it was a laser or a gun.

Guns often have rests - again, it would be steady.  But scary, nonetheless.  So ....

Even though it sounds silly

It's not silly.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to look at your report, but you have to admit that there isn't much to verify, and it could have been a gun or a steadied laser pointer.

• Like 1

Jus Wanna know,  I'm one of the original people from years ago on this thread. The red light was on my daughters forehead- when she was a baby. It was in the middle of the night. Something woke me up and made me look at her. we had heavy curtains hanging b/c it was winter- it's something that I can never explain to anyone unless they've experienced it themselves. Cynthia  

• Thanks 1

Hi ChrLzs, 

I get all the questions now :)

I guess you are right there is not a lot of hard evidence I can give you at the moment I still can't even find on google maps my address after they moved the trailer, it put me right in the middle of 12th st so I get it, I will keep looking for landmarks and such or else much has changed in 20 years I suppose. I found the last person that lived there passed in 2010, and a list of residents, including my name, but it didn't give dates.

I was searching the library of Congress archives for the news in 1999 and earlier to look for both death incidents but haven't found anything yet, if you know of a better way to search please let me know.  

I haven't figured out how to copy paste so I'll give my best shot at it. 

I get that the details are flat out weird, and if you don't believe me it's ok. How do you explain some random guy in the woods knew about my place of residence unless maybe I had a stalker? Maybe he had done this to mess with my head? I don't know -it's possible but doubtful- because first off I could see fine out of any window in the place, the only place I could not see was in the back of the trailer. There were no tall bushes or trees to hide in and at night, but mostly days when I went to sleep I closed off all the windows with dark heavy curtains, I assume if there were something coming through the curtains you would see a point of entry. I also knew casually my neighbors and they always paid attention to people who were not supposed to be there, most of them were retired and home a lot and knew I was living alone.

Back to where on the walls it was, it was seen even above my bed above the only window in the bedroom so the angle would not work if someone was shining it through the window, other times it was to the left or right wall of the window not on the wall directly opposite the window. I get that some of those angles would work but again the curtains. This could take place either evening, dawn, or night, but the first time I saw it and typically it was at night.

I had two friends whom I spent some time with there but neither of them would be the type to try to scare me I don't think. They would have had to say they were going home, hide somewhere in my house and then come out when I fell asleep?!?! They would have had to be very stealthy because after the red dot dissolved I would rarely go back to sleep I was too shook up. I'd get up walk around get a drink maybe turn of the tv after checking all the rooms. Additionally there was a deadbolt that only locked from the inside on both doors and they wouldn't have been able to re-lock that when they left. I would always check those. I learned the term neurotic later and that totally explained how I was while living there.  

The light I recall was a perfect circle maybe a quarter inch diameter?. Don't quote me on that I'm just guessing, I'm not looking at a point of reference. ;) You could not see any grainy look to it like a laser, it was solid color and I could not see behind it so it was opaque. It was also not as bright as a laser, not as much shine to it, it was like an apple red. But it did seem to be on a light spectrum I believe. I stared it down for minutes that seemed like hours. 

Also all the other activity in the house really didn't help me write it off as something basic either. There was too many events besides that.

Hope that helps!! Peace. 

• Like 1

Hi Cynthia,

Yes!! I know what you mean!! I wish I searched this sooner!! You are so right how do you explain this to people who have not seen it.

Did it come with a feeling too? You said something  woke you,  mother's intuition, do you think? I can't imagine what you went through racking your brain about it!! I had no children at the time but now I do and I would have a hard time dealing with seeing it on my baby. I'm glad you're not alone in this.  How long ago was it? And have you seen it since?

peace

JM

Thanks for all the added info and taking the time to reply to my rather 'heavy' response in good faith!

It may help others in the future, and yeah, I think you might have encountered a weirdo and were perhaps lucky it got no further than it did.

It could of course be something else, but, as often happens here - we need more info/evidence!

• Thanks 1

Hi ChrLz, 

You're welcome!! However no one was messing with me :) 

I was only writing about all angles so you could understand there was no way that somebody was doing that. When I have more free time I'll try to find more "proof" 

its just kinda one of those things that either you know it's real to you or it sounds crazy.

There was not a way for anyone to do that to me, especially above the window, when you look out a window and don't see where it could be generated from in the dark, street lights were dim and old sodium lights, and no beam, that's pretty hard evidence in my mind. But it's all good I understand it doesn't make sense!!

peace

35 minutes ago, Jus wanna know said:

Hi Cynthia,

Yes!! I know what you mean!! I wish I searched this sooner!! You are so right how do you explain this to people who have not seen it.

Did it come with a feeling too? You said something  woke you,  mother's intuition, do you think? I can't imagine what you went through racking your brain about it!! I had no children at the time but now I do and I would have a hard time dealing with seeing it on my baby. I'm glad you're not alone in this.  How long ago was it? And have you seen it since?

peace

JM

This was back in 2008 I originally posted it. My daughter was 1 sleeping between me and my ex husband. Yes, something woke me up and when I looked at my daughter, this bright red, round light was on her forehead! I yelled for my ex to wake up - he saw it! Then I grabbed her quickly off the bed and he looked everywhere it could have come from. 
the most bizarre part about this was during the same winter there were reports of a UFO sighting in my town. 
I actually attached that article to my old post. 
for both of us to see that - And on my daughters forehead while she slept was insane. That’s how I ended up on this site. 1 girl posted a similar question to start the board and I commented. It’s grown a lot since. Crazy so many have these stories 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Jus wanna know said:

Hi Cynthia,

peace

JM

This was back in 2008 I originally posted it. My daughter was 1 sleeping between me and my ex husband. Yes, something woke me up and when I looked at my daughter, this bright red, round light was on her forehead! I yelled for my ex to wake up - he saw it! Then I grabbed her quickly off the bed and he looked everywhere it could have come from. 
the most bizarre part about this was during the same winter there were reports of a UFO sighting in my town. 
I actually attached that article to my old post. 
for both of us to see that - And on my daughters forehead while she slept was insane. That’s how I ended up on this site. 1 girl posted a similar question to start the board and I commented. It’s grown a lot since. Crazy so many have these stories 

here’s the ufo post !!

B39A5BDC-E7E0-4A1A-8BFD-8508E0F48F84.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Hi Cynthia, 

thats super interesting I will go back and see if I can find your original post and see the article, thanks for the reply!!

I have a hunch they could be connected, it's so hard to explain. I thought it had to do with at least something supernatural. Was it super still as well? Or did it move around?

I realize I don't have hard evidence but now I'm kind of thinking I don't need to it's just one of those things you see or you don't. I have not seen it since moving from PA. 

Your ex saw it too, yeah just wow, just like my friend saw it on my face, it was again dark with curtains closed that time too, I remember we were watching an episode of the Simpsons before I had to go to work, 

Hoping your daughter it totally fine :) 

• Like 1

So interesting that this thread came alive again when it has! My update: we have had no more of these experiences since my last post, until last night at 1am my wife and I were in the middle of a very heavy conversation, and midsentence she saw it on the bathroom door beside me. I looked but did not see it. She was sitting on the bed and jolted up and yelped when she saw it so it seemed to me like a genuine reaction.

We haven't spoken of the red dot in years. We have since moved to Utah and live in a newly built house so I can't think of any history this could be related to.

I think the topic we were discussing could be relevant, I don't want to share exactly but it's something we have asked for spiritual guidance about.

It's so good to hear all of your experiences, thank you for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JM,  

Yes, my ex saw it to after i woke him up! It was still, the red light didn't move.  Where was it on your face? This was the center of my daughters forehead! Yes, thank you for asking-she's fine.. she's actually 12 now :0) 

Hi Cynthia, 

So glad she's fine and all is well!! It was located on my cheekbone, just below the corner of my eye, we both froze till it went away, it amazes me how the dot/ light whatever way to describe it, can remain so still! 

Exactly, VOlim and Cynthia, I don't believe in coincidences either !!

• 2 months later...